Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Overreaction. Napoli are a pretty solid side and Ancelotti is a great manager, I still think Liverpool will progress.
As if losing to Napoli 1-0 away is somehow comparable to playing worse than United and being spanked by West Ham :lol::lol:

Vinnie Peetang

These fans have just made a laughing stock of themselves. Premier League winners? Don't make me puke. Their usual collapse in the PSG game, rescued only by a lucky last minute goal. Against a well-organised Napoli, maybe around the standard of Watford or Crystal Palace, crap hits the fan. I have always known Liverpool flatter to deceive while all you muppets worry it's their year. Look who's right now.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
I've just read this on a Liverpool forum after the defeat to Napoli -

It's such a Liverpool fan thing to say these days. This is the issue with them and it spreads throughout the fanbase, to the team, to the manager. They simply can't handle it when there is an important trophy up for grabs. There is something so very Spurs about Liverpool except the latter has no excuses to make now, they can no longer blame their owners or the weather or United's offside goal for their failings - they've spent a fortune on new players.

I like watching this current Liverpool side when they're on song. Klopp is a cheesey, hypocrite of a man but most head coaches are. Yes he's a one trick pony but his style is perfect for the Premier League's 'up-and-at-them' style.

However, they're still a long way off Man City and even Chelsea who both have players and fanbases with the mentality and experience of winning the big prizes. A lot of the modern day Liverpool fans and even players probably can't remember the last time Liverpool won the league.

Massive overreaction. We've played PSG and Napoli and have 3 points, you're acting like we've been knocked out the UCL. Who is blaming anything? We got outplayed and lost simple, it's not like we lost to West Ham we lost to the 2nd best team in Italy at their ground.

And Man City have experience of winning big prizes? Not in Europe, they're still booing the UCL anthem as they think UEFA are corrupt and have it in for them. And your fanbase is used to winning trophies is that actually helping United now? No, it's more of a hindrance as you're used to winning trophies and every year you don't win one builds massive pressure on the manager.

Losing to Napoli isn't the end of the world but the performance was garbage, Klopp i think was trying to play for the draw but his inability to shut up shop is worrying.

These fans have just made a laughing stock of themselves. Premier League winners? Don't make me puke. Their usual collapse in the PSG game, rescued only by a lucky last minute goal. Against a well-organised Napoli, maybe around the standard of Watford or Crystal Palace, crap hits the fan. I have always known Liverpool flatter to deceive while all you muppets worry it's their year. Look who's right now.
Napoli are the standard of Watford and Crystal Palace?

Yeah you're right the Premier league is finished and we're out of the UCL :lol:

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Mad how many come across as completely unhinged when it comes to football. One bad performance and Klopp has gone from best manager in the world to PE teacher without Buvac.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Play like that on Sunday and city have their best shot of a first win at Anfield.
Front three are incredibly off form and the midfield combination just isn’t meant to be for every game, it can work against certain teams on occasion but usually it’s very blunt. Against City we desperately need an Ox/lallana/Keita type to play through the lines.
There seems to be some revisionism about the Hendo Milner Gini triumvirate, unless I’m mistaken that’s the midfield we were struggling most using in the latter half of the season. Ox in was the thing making it work.

However the most worrying thing is we look dead on our feet and unable to press, given it’s our most potent weapon especially against city it doesn’t bode well.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Scousers on tour...

Choc Napoli: Milik robbed in the night as he returned home after the Champions victory against Liverpool. He was approached by two bandits on the road to Varcaturo: pistol in the face, they were delivered the Rolex and they disappeared

Coxy

Play like that on Sunday and city have their best shot of a first win at Anfield.
Front three are incredibly off form and the midfield combination just isn’t meant to be for every game, it can work against certain teams on occasion but usually it’s very blunt. Against City we desperately need an Ox/lallana/Keita type to play through the lines.
There seems to be some revisionism about the Hendo Milner Gini triumvirate, unless I’m mistaken that’s the midfield we were struggling most using in the latter half of the season. Ox in was the thing making it work.

However the most worrying thing is we look dead on our feet and unable to press, given it’s our most potent weapon especially against city it doesn’t bode well.
Yep but City have lost in Europe this season too - none of our teams seem to be doing that great at the mo.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Scousers on tour...

Choc Napoli: Milik robbed in the night as he returned home after the Champions victory against Liverpool. He was approached by two bandits on the road to Varcaturo: pistol in the face, they were delivered the Rolex and they disappeared
Yeah that....happens in Naples...

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The only positives from the game were Alisson , gomez and van dijk. Everyone else were genuinely awful. Worst game we've played since spurs a year ago. Klopp got it well wrong on the day and his subs were poor as well.

Siorac

So when Klopp's dortmund beat Ancelotti's madrid, did it make klopp better and smarter than ancelotti? How simplistic.
Ancelotti knocked out Klopp's Dortmund though.

It was Mourinho whom Klopp beat in the semis in 2013.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
The only positives from the game were Alisson , gomez and van dijk. Everyone else were genuinely awful. Worst game we've played since spurs a year ago. Klopp got it well wrong on the day and his subs were poor as well.
Mane fought to make things happen at least. That was probably the worst game I've seen from TAA & Salah together on the right, though.

Agree with the subs. I REALLY wanted Shaqiri to get 20 mins at least - Salah was offering nothing. I still think him being rushed back from the WC has hindered his performances for us so far this season. Honestly, I'd like to see him just rest up during the international break. He needs some time.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
@B20 He rarely makes his subs early enough. It’s usually at least 70 minutes in before he does something.

Last edited:

Matst1

It's the United fans who are making a big deal out of it, not us :lol: These things happen indeed, the game came at a bad time for us since almost all of our players seemed to be thinking about Sunday already. We were slow, reactive and not our usual self - make no mistake we deserved to lose yesterday. Still, I'd rather lose away to Napoli than draw 0-0 at home to Valencia, especially given the circumstances, what with us having won against PSG and it being likely that you'll need a result at the Mestalla now.

All the overreaction from United fans in here just shows how desperate you are to see Liverpool fail or even entirely fall of a cliff just like you are currently doing, not trying to have a go at yous but that's really how it feels to me. The Liverpool-related threads get bumped like crazy when we lose a game recently, whereas it used to be "they lost who cares they lose all the time". Some fans look like all they care about is us not winning anything since your season is halfway down the drain.

As for yesterday, just take it on the chin and move on, these things will happen. Beat Zagreb twice and I'm very confident we'll go through. Our focus should be on Sunday now which is one of the most important games of the season for us.
Exactly. This place is a bit embarrassing really. But, I am looking forward to the wheels coming off eventually. its a very long season and I’ve not seen anything in Liverpool over the past few years, despite building an excellent squad, that worries me they’re going to win something big. Still, that could change soon, but like spurs, they’re very sprursy..

montpelier

I think our glee might be a bit premature here, they won't turn back into being useless overnight I wouldn't have thought.

But I do think you're struggling slightly for the winning of the League if you lose on Sunday. Whereas a win would be very good. A draw is fine too, I reckon. I'm calling it #Pivotal - but not just because I've been brainwashed by Jamie Redknapp, :D.

I most definitely do not see Chelsea as much of a threat in the long run, although that Micky Hazard is a little magician, innit.

You're not 'struggling' as much as we are mind, whatever happens - :lol:.

CognitiveNeuro

So when Klopp's dortmund beat Ancelotti's madrid, did it make klopp better and smarter than ancelotti? How simplistic.
No, Ancelotti beat Klopp more than Klopp did the other. Stop looking for excuses.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I think our glee might be a bit premature here, they won't turn back into being useless overnight I wouldn't have thought.

But I do think you're struggling slightly for the winning of the League if you lose on Sunday. Whereas a win would be very good. A draw is fine too, I reckon. I'm calling it #Pivotal - but not just because I've been brainwashed by Jamie Redknapp, :D.

I most definitely do not see Chelsea as much of a threat in the long run, although that Micky Hazard is a little magician, innit.

You're not 'struggling' as much as we are mind, whatever happens - :lol:.
Love your posts.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
No, Ancelotti beat Klopp more than Klopp did the other. Stop looking for excuses.
So Klopp is a better manager than Pep as he has a better head head with inferior teams? Going by your simple logic.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Let's apply the same logic from your post:
Jose Mourinho against Pep Guardiola - 21 played, 5 wins, 6 draws, 10 losses
Jose Mourinho against Sir Alex Ferguson - 16 played, 7 wins, 6 draws, 3 losses
Jose Mourinho against Jürgen Klopp - 9 played, 2 wins, 4 draws, 3 losses
Jose Mourinho against Antonio Conte - 7 played, 2 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses

Looking at this very limited data set, how do you define who the moron is? It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

I understand you hate Liverpool, love laughing at their demise, but using the logic 'he's lost more to Italian managers makes him a moron's isn't sound. Yes - we could use with a plan B sometimes and personally some of the decisions Klopp makes are baffling, but does not make him a moron. Everybody has a bad day at the office.

I've been reading this forum and there are some really level headed guys who's posts I love reading - without any venom they actually give a good insight on what some of the opponent fans think. But it seems like majority here touted this season to be 'our season' to win it all. After a loss in the 90th minute to a team that is #2 in the Italian league, labeling the manager as a moron and calling it an implosion is a bit much.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

Looking at this very limited data set, how do you define who the moron is? It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

I understand you hate Liverpool, love laughing at their demise, but using the logic 'he's lost more to Italian managers makes him a moron's isn't sound. Yes - we could use with a plan B sometimes and personally some of the decisions Klopp makes are baffling, but does not make him a moron. Everybody has a bad day at the office.

I've been reading this forum and there are some really level headed guys who's posts I love reading - without any venom they actually give a good insight on what some of the opponent fans think. But it seems like majority here touted this season to be 'our season' to win it all. After a loss in the 90th minute to a team that is #2 in the Italian league, labeling the manager as a moron and calling it an implosion is a bit much.
Good post. I'm surprised at the number of times Guardiola and Mourinho have gone up against each other.

Matst1

While you are %100 correct. There’s way too much Liverpool fawning going on recently by supposed united supporters, so while his post was over the top, it’s quite refreshing to see. Sometimes I forget this is a united forum

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Can i just say that this thread is a waste of space on our forum?

I can't understand why they don't go and discuss Liverpool 2018/19 on their forum.

All this IMHO.

Anfieldroad

Supports
Liverpool
Eh ,Hello?Planet earth calling. Are you seriously comparing Napoli to Watford and Palace? We werent at the races last night,deserved to lose even by more but such things happen even to the best of teams.We are still a long way ahead of you lot in every aspect.We have solid foundations and a team for the future. I would worry more about how ye are going than a loss for us away to a very good Italian team.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
The last time we played Napoli away in a competitive match was nearly 8 years ago in the Europa League under the brief leadership of Hodgson. This was the team for that match :nervous:

Pepe Reina

Paul Konchesky

Jamie Carragher

Martin Kelly

Martin Skrtel

Ryan Babel

Jay Spearing

Christian Poulsen

Jonjo Shelvey

Milan Jovanovic

David N'Gog

Subs : Brad Jones - Fabio Aurelio - Sotirios Kyrgiakos - Danny Wilson - Joe Cole - Maxi Rodriguez - Nathan Eccleston

I'd settle for a similar result (0-0). But that team, WOW. No wonder we were in the relegation zone a couple of months later.

Should have fielded this team on Wednesday night. Least we'd have held on for a point :D

Just a bad day at the office, or has our bubble burst early ? I guess we'll have a better idea come 6.30pm on Sunday.

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
I've just read this on a Liverpool forum after the defeat to Napoli -

It's such a Liverpool fan thing to say these days. This is the issue with them and it spreads throughout the fanbase, to the team, to the manager. They simply can't handle it when there is an important trophy up for grabs. There is something so very Spurs about Liverpool except the latter has no excuses to make now, they can no longer blame their owners or the weather or United's offside goal for their failings - they've spent a fortune on new players.

I like watching this current Liverpool side when they're on song. Klopp is a cheesey, hypocrite of a man but most head coaches are. Yes he's a one trick pony but his style is perfect for the Premier League's 'up-and-at-them' style.

However, they're still a long way off Man City and even Chelsea who both have players and fanbases with the mentality and experience of winning the big prizes. A lot of the modern day Liverpool fans and even players probably can't remember the last time Liverpool won the league.
Criticise us all you like, but to say we are a long way off Chelsea is really quite nonsensical. We topped them in the league last season and we're above them this. And I'd wager we'll still be, come May.

And fanbases with a 'mentality and experience of winning big prizes'? What does this even mean?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
And fanbases with a 'mentality and experience of winning big prizes'? What does this even mean?
It means you were a spoilt brat and took it for granted that your team was winning things. Also that when they don't, you just don't feel the connection to the club anymore.

Vadim

Can i just say that this thread is a waste of space on our forum?

I can't understand why they don't go and discuss Liverpool 2018/19 on their forum.

All this IMHO.
I don't mind reading other fan's opinions here but I have to say there does seem to be a huge amount of cocky Liverpool fans posting in every single thread, even the United related sections is full of them.

It feels more like a global football forum than a Man Utd supporter's forum and I guess that's fine if that the's angle the owners of this site are going for. It's well moderated here and all the staff seem very friendly and approachable, so they're obviously doing a fine job and keep an eye on all of these scousers for us ;)

That @Klopper76 character is quite something though. Basically lives here, he's probably even renting a bedroom on the server, he's here that much :lol:

Vadim

It means you were a spoilt brat and took it for granted that your team was winning things. Also that when they don't, you just don't feel the connection to the club anymore.
You don't know me or my background. Spoilt?

I'm a Mancunian living in the US. I've been supporting United since Big Ron was in town and have literally spent thousands of pounds (now dollars) travelling to watch and supporting my team. So call me what you want, but not spoilt!

We accept mediocrity because you can't have one team constantly winning league titles and we've had our time in the sun. But we hate the football we play under Mourinho and think we should be doing better with the money he's spent on plyers.

But it's true that Chelsea and Man City have squads to mentally cope with the marathon which is the Premier League. And going from recent history, my point is fine.

The same goes for United as well by the way. We have an indentity crisis and the players crap themselves whenever put under pressure.

But don't call me spoilt ;)

mav_9me

Should have fielded this team on Wednesday night. Least we'd have held on for a point :D

Just a bad day at the office, or has our bubble burst early ? I guess we'll have a better idea come 6.30pm on Sunday.
Correct.

I actually think you guys haven't been playing very well but that's a credit that you are so well set in your system and have improved defensively that you are winning despite not so great play.

The big problem I see for you guys is lack of squad cover in defense. Get mignolet/Moreno/lovren in and your chances of conceding go up exponentially.

CognitiveNeuro

How hard is it for you to understand that Klopp is stupid compared to italian managers like Ancelotti and Allegri? Even Klopp said that Ancelotti is much smarter than him. Why can't you just agree with him? or are you saying he's wrong?

So Klopp is a better manager than Pep as he has a better head head with inferior teams? Going by your simple logic.
lol those managers are better because not only do they have a better winning record, they have won vastly more trophies than Klopp. When Klopp at least wins a CL or PL then maybe he can be compared to Guardiola :lol:

Vadim

How hard is it for you to understand that Klopp is stupid compared to italian managers like Ancelotti and Allegri? Even Klopp said that Ancelotti is much smarter than him. Why can't you just agree with him? or are you saying he's wrong?

lol those managers are better because not only do they have a better winning record, they have won vastly more trophies than Klopp. When Klopp at least wins a CL or PL then maybe he can be compared to Guardiola :lol:
I think what's getting up people's noses is you calling Klopp 'stupid'. He's not stupid, he's a very competent football manager. He is, however, tactically naive and a one-trick pony - which is what I think you're trying to get at.

CognitiveNeuro

I think what's getting up people's noses is you calling Klopp 'stupid'. He's not stupid, he's a very competent football manager. He is, however, tactically naive and a one-trick pony - which is what I think you're trying to get at.
Again for the millionth time, he is stupid compared to Ancelotti and Allegri. People need to read in the entire context.. Ancelotti completely owned him Wednesday.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You bang on about "context" in your posts yet fail to recognize that all of those managers have been at bigger clubs with more resources than Klopp. Talk about stupid, eh. Will Ancelotti become stupid in a months or two if we beat Napoli 4-0 at home?

Calling someone stupid whilst comparing him to others - what are you, 15? And even then you're mentioning Allegri who was regarded as quite a laughing stock in Italy before he became manager of a dominant team playing in a one-horse league.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
That @Klopper76 character is quite something though. Basically lives here, he's probably even renting a bedroom on the server, he's here that much :lol:
I have the Caf on at work so I can read threads when I probably shouldn't...don't tell the boss. :wenger:

This really is a very good forum though. It doesn't matter to me that it's a United one but then I'm not from Liverpool so I don't think the rivalry is the same for me as it would be for someone from the north west.

Vadim

I have the Caf on at work so I can read threads when I probably shouldn't...don't tell the boss. :wenger:

This really is a very good forum though. It doesn't matter to me that it's a United one but then I'm not from Liverpool so I don't think the rivalry is the same for me as it would be for someone from the north west.
You're fine my man :)

I like hearing your opinions and thoughts.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You're fine my man :)

I like hearing your opinions and thoughts.
It helps if you're open minded when debating stuff with people on here.

Liverpool are a far from perfect club, Klopp has his flaws, our players make mistakes etc. If you're not then you can't really have a decent conversation with anyone.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Have you just called everyone a muppet who's concerned they might actually do something because of one game in a different competition?

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Have you just called everyone a muppet who's concerned they might actually do something because of one game in a different competition?
What about Napoli being the equivalent of Watford or Crystal Palace :lol:

CognitiveNeuro

You bang on about "context" in your posts yet fail to recognize that all of those managers have been at bigger clubs with more resources than Klopp. Talk about stupid, eh. Will Ancelotti become stupid in a months or two if we beat Napoli 4-0 at home?

Calling someone stupid whilst comparing him to others - what are you, 15? And even then you're mentioning Allegri who was regarded as quite a laughing stock in Italy before he became manager of a dominant team playing in a one-horse league.
Please stop. Klopp didn't exactly have the budget of Watford at Liverpool and Dortmund. He spent over 100 million on keita and fabinho and they look average at best so far. Go get triggered in RAWK or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.