Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I don't mind reading other fan's opinions here but I have to say there does seem to be a huge amount of cocky Liverpool fans posting in every single thread, even the United related sections is full of them.

It feels more like a global football forum than a Man Utd supporter's forum and I guess that's fine if that the's angle the owners of this site are going for. It's well moderated here and all the staff seem very friendly and approachable, so they're obviously doing a fine job and keep an eye on all of these scousers for us ;)

That @Klopper76 character is quite something though. Basically lives here, he's probably even renting a bedroom on the server, he's here that much :lol:
I don't like it that some of these scousers try their best to denigrate our team on our own forum.

They can go and do that as much as they like on their Liverpool forum but doing that here and especially after a bad United performance has the risk that we will be so pissed-off that some of us will tell them to feck off etc etc and this will not be an ideal situation.

I hope that Admin will take note of this.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I don't like it that some of these scousers try their best to denigrate our team on our own forum.

They can go and do that as much as they like on their Liverpool forum but doing that here and especially after a bad United performance has the risk that we will be so pissed-off that some of us will tell them to feck off etc etc and this will not be an ideal situation.

I'd like to think that I'm one of the more neutral & balanced Liverpool fans posting here (at least, that's what people keep saying to me). I don't really gloat over bad United results, especially on the day, as it really does feel like we're guests here in a way. Last thing the die hard football fans here want after a bad result is rival fans laying into them after a loss, right? :D But hell, obviously we take it from you guys, as it's your house - That's cool, I get that - Hell, I even joined in on the laughing during the CL final :lol: But then again, I am a casual fan.

That said, United bring the criticism onto themselves right now. While I agree that some might be a little bit too publicly gleeful in the presence of clearly disappointed United fans, I think it's fair to say that it's the minority that act that way, and those that do aren't usually here for too long anyway.

People have asked before why I post on a United forum rather than on a Liverpool forum. You say Liverpool fans are often denigrating your team without any sort of constructive discussion or meaningful additions, but honestly, posting on a Liverpool forum right now is the complete opposite. It's hard to get a balanced & reasoned discussion going after a good game when everyone of your players is "one of the best in the world" after every good game :lol: You need the input of opposing fans who might be a bit more critical than you would yourself to perhaps bring you down to earth and say, "Hey, Tommy - TAA might not be the best RB in the world you know?" "... But all the Liverpool forums said he was?!?"

Also, this place is the best forum I've seen for non-United fans period. There's even some Chelsea supporting guys n gals here that are alright - And I never thought I'd say that :lol: Quite easily the best football forum I've been on, and I hope I'm here for quite some time - Only thing I'd say in conclusion to your original post is fans of United rivals really shouldn't be pissing on you lot when you're down, I agree with you on that. Wouldn't go to a housewarming party and tell them "Oh, my bathrooms bigger than this. Wtf, this bedroom is tiny! Damn, your garden is a dump, mate."

(Sorry, post got a bit out of hand).

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC

I understand why you get pissed, if any of ours sneak into Man United threads to denigrate your team, especially now when you're performances are pretty bad. We shouldn't do that.

However, we are told, that we're welcome here, and my impression is, that the Liverpool fans are mainly active in the Liverpool related and general football threads.

There is a lot of trolling and banter in the Liverpool threads from your fans, so much at times that it's hard to have a sensible discussion. That's just the way it is and it's all good, but surely you don't expect us to sit back and take it on the chin without replying and returning the banter?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

I get what you’re saying, but in my experience, the only Liverpool that do denigrate United are a few newbies who are banned shortly after.

As some others have already mentioned, I like to think that those of us who are regulars are pretty balanced when it comes to posting about United, and Liverpool for that matter.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Can i just say that this thread is a waste of space on our forum?

I can't understand why they don't go and discuss Liverpool 2018/19 on their forum.

All this IMHO.
You know the thread was created by a Man Utd fan?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Was chatting with my Liverpool supporting mate this morning about the game v City tomorrow. I reckon this is as close to a must win game as it can be if you're to have a serious push for the title, he said he'd take a draw if offered now - although agreed in principle with me.

What's the consensus on here amongst our Scouse posters? Would a draw be a decent result tomorrow?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Can i just say that this thread is a waste of space on our forum?

I can't understand why they don't go and discuss Liverpool 2018/19 on their forum.

All this IMHO.
Really the football forum is a Liverpool forum. More and more

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Please stop. Klopp didn't exactly have the budget of Watford at Liverpool and Dortmund. He spent over 100 million on keita and fabinho and they look average at best so far. Go get triggered in RAWK or something lol
Another pointless addition to the Caf, I see.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Was chatting with my Liverpool supporting mate this morning about the game v City tomorrow. I reckon this is as close to a must win game as it can be if you're to have a serious push for the title, he said he'd take a draw if offered now - although agreed in principle with me.

What's the consensus on here amongst our Scouse posters? Would a draw be a decent result tomorrow?
Same as your mate, really. H2H games against City are very important since a 12-point gap at the end of the season wouldn’t be there if the two results went the other way. We’re at home, so in principle we need to win. I just don’t want to lose though, so I’d probably take a point if offered right now.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
United fan: 'We're shit!'
Another United fan: 'Yeah, feck Mourinho!'
Liverpool fan: 'You guys are shit!'
United fans: 'Feck off Dipper twat!'

I don't care what they say. If we're shit, we're shit.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

If City win I think they might run away with it again. As far as the title goes I think a defeat for us makes it a much harder task.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
United fan: 'We're shit!'
Another United fan: 'Yeah, feck Mourinho!'
Liverpool fan: 'You guys are shit!'
United fans: 'Feck off Dipper twat!'

I don't care what they say. If we're shit, we're shit.
Liverpool have been shit since 1990.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

I think it'll be a draw. Can see us losing though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If they lose tomorrow, we’re 2 points behind them.

I mean, obviously we’re 2 behind them now, but yeah, they have a tough run now.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool

Behind Liverpool? If we lose tomorrow you'll be 6 points behind us still. Not to mention we've already played City at home Chelsea and Spurs away in our first 8 fixtures.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

We have City at home followed by Huddersfield and Cardiff, and you’re now 6 behind us with Chelsea away next.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ok so I’ve had a few beers this afternoon.

I was looking at the goals for column.

:lol:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Come back when you win 20 Leagues.
That might take a while. I don’t have a tonne of cash lying about and I’d need to buy a football club to get started.

How long do I have?
Ok so I’ve had a few beers this afternoon.

I was looking at the goals for column.

:lol:
:lol: Easy mistake to make when under the influence.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool

A draw would be a decent result, but it's not a result I'd take now if offered. That said, we'll have to up our game substantially from that dross we served up midweek.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
That might take a while. I don’t have a tonne of cash lying about and I’d need to buy a football club to get started.

How long do I have?
You have your 'great' Liverpool team - surely you can come back with the 20th League?

Spent tons of money to get here already so you don't need to spend more.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
A draw would be a decent result, but it's not a result I'd take now if offered. That said, we'll have to up our game substantially from that dross we served up midweek.
Really? I mean, with the way we’ve played the last few weeks I’d bite your hand off for 1 point.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Really? I mean, with the way we’ve played the last few weeks I’d bite your hand off for 1 point.
Don't get me wrong, it'd be the sensible thing to do, but nah, all-in :D

montpelier

OK chaps - when LFC beat City in the CL at Anfield - the narrative on here was that LFC had attacked non-stop & overrun City with a feast of heavy metal pressing. Well I said, seemed like a bit of sitting off & breaking went on to me, given at least 2 of the goals gotten scored by that route. (when Salah was offside breaking from halfway, for example)

It wasn't the LFC people on here & the early leads taken by LFC were probably a factor in deciding the shape of the game.

But nevertheless I got a fair amount of stick, some of which was the usual - you are blind, clueless, talking shite etc. Well... armed with these compelling Daily Mail stats pics as evidence, I would like to invite those rude, arsewitted muppet sceptical people, who wouldn't know what a tactical tweak was if it shat in their cornflakes, to swivel merrily on the nearest chair leg while acknowledging that they were spouting Anfield-friendly media hype & bollocks. And that I was right, right, right. No offence, obviously.

(source: Daily Mail - and what a great paper it is)

Last edited:

Treble

OK chaps - when LFC beat City in the CL at Anfield - the narrative on here was that LFC had attacked non-stop & overrun City with a feast of heavy metal pressing. Well I said, seemed like a bit of sitting off & breaking went on to me, given at least 2 of the goals gotten scored by that route.

It wasn't the LFC people on here & the early leads taken by LFC were probably a factor in deciding the shape of the game.

But nevertheless I got a fair amount of stick, some of which was the usual - you are blind, clueless, talking shite etc. Well... armed with these compelling Daily Mail stats pics as evidence, I would like to invite those rude, arsewitted muppet sceptical people, who wouldn't know what a tactical tweak was if it shat in their cornflakes, to swivel merrily on the nearest chair leg while acknowledging that they were spouting Anfield-friendly media hype & bollocks. And that I was right, right, right.

(source: Daily Mail - and what a great paper it is)

QUOTE]

Liverpool were on the front foot for 25-30 min in the first half when they decided the game (with the first goal being offside). In the entire second half they defended. Which was (perceived as) perfectly normal due to their big lead in a cup competition.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool

I would like for us to win; but I fear that our midfield will get overrun by theirs. If City win, they will go on their run last year and run away with the league. A draw wouldn't be a bad result for us given the way we have been playing the last couple of weeks.

tonnas

So so lucky!! A sturridge goals in the 90th, now a penalty miss in the 90th, city should have been +5 on pool! Their luck will run out though.

Penycwm

Supports
Newport County
I don't understand why Liverpool are seen as favourites, there are two points between 1st and 5th place and Chelsea and Arsenal seem to have form on their side, I think we will have to wait until January to get a better picture.

Josh 76

Carragher, Souness and Belamy trying to convince themselves this is a great result for Liverpool. Bloody hilarious.
Carragher saying Liverpool have played 2 big teams away from home. So have City. Lol

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Carragher, Souness and Belamy trying to convince themselves this is a great result for Liverpool. Bloody hilarious.
Carragher saying Liverpool have played 2 big teams away from home. So have City. Lol
Well considering they were a Mahrez away from losing, it is.

Interesting that City play 5 of the "big 6" away from home in the first half of the season. They play us at home.

shaky

Awful performance against a City team missing their best player. Carragher's whole argument for it being positive for Liverpool was based on his very flimsy declaration that the front 3 are too good to not get back to the levels of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.