Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’d probably go: Alisson; Walker, Laporte, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fernandinho, De Bruyne, D. Silva; Salah, Aguero, Sterling.

Mane and Firmino aren’t at last seasons levels and none of our midfield is on par with City’s.
Agreed with that.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I’d probably go: Alisson; Walker, Laporte, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fernandinho, De Bruyne, D. Silva; Salah, Aguero, Sterling.

Mane and Firmino aren’t at last seasons levels and none of our midfield is on par with City’s.
Me too. Though I think Firmino of last season could have made it a question at centre forward.

CognitiveNeuro

Combined Liverpool City XI for THIS season would be

Allison
TAA Van Dijk Walker Robertson
Sterling Sane Silva Fernandinho
Aguero Salah

City 6-5 Liverpool

based on whoscored ratings :p

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Pretty much.

Be interesting to see if Keita will be in contention in may.

Josh 76

Like I said before you seem to have an over inflated opinion on all things Liverpool.

Most people would pick 7/8 City players in a combined 11. And City's squad strength has an even greater superiority.
Inflated view?
They have made their best start in their history, they are on course to break the least goals conceded in the premier league, and they have just started scoring goals.
Surely you have to give them some credit.

Shark

@NotShark
Inflated view?
They have made their best start in their history, they are on course to break the least goals conceded in the premier league, and they have just started scoring goals.
They will get their credit when they actually win something, until then a great start is just that, a great start. This is my problem with Liverpool fans, they’re acting like things are now reversed, but United were actually winning titles while they looked up from us from mid table. No comparison yet.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The last time each of the current top six conceded more than once in a league game:

Manchester City – December 8

Manchester United – December 5

Chelsea – December 5

Arsenal – December 5

Tottenham – December 2

Liverpool – April 21

courtesy of football365.

amolbhatia50k

Inflated view?
Absolutely. But much of that is down to the team gelling brilliant, excellent work by Klopp and a little bit of luck as well. I'm not going to look at their points tally and claim Milner and Salah are as good as Keane and Messi.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just seen that Joe Gomez has put pen to paper on a new long term deal. Great player and will surely only get better. Can't wait until he's back from injury

LeftyBlaster

Absolutely. But much of that is down to the team gelling brilliant, excellent work by Klopp and a little bit of luck as well. I'm not going to look at their points tally and claim Milner and Salah are as good as Keane and Messi.
They don't have to be. The same way we don't need another world class CB to put in improved performances. It all comes down to what Klopp has done with them. Which is admirable.

amolbhatia50k

They don't have to be. The same way we don't need another world class CB to put in improved performances. It all comes down to what Klopp has done with them. Which is admirable.
I didn't say they have to be.

And you never know. If you fail to win the league, it may prove that they do need to be as his coaching wouldn't be enough.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
I don't want to say it, but I told you so!
Most Liverpool fans don't even dream of catching City. True, we are leading the table but it's only December and we have been fortunate that VVD as well as the forwards have avoided long-term injuries.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Sod City for now, we have a game tomorrow that can in many ways make or break our season.

PaulScholes99

The last time each of the current top six conceded more than once in a league game:

Chelsea – December 5

Arsenal – December 5

Tottenham – December 2

Liverpool – April 21

courtesy of football365.
Checked it and it is true. Against West Brom, can still remember that hillarious post match interview from Klopp.

Same time they conceded two or more in 6 out of their 8 CL-games. Strange.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Checked it and it is true. Against West Brom, can still remember that hillarious post match interview from Klopp.

Same time they conceded two or more in 6 out of their 8 CL-games. Strange.
Most PL teams pay us a disproportionate amount of respect that leaves them short-handed going forward. Most CL teams won't sit back like most PL teams.

Suedesi

Chelsea – December 5

Arsenal – December 5

Tottenham – December 2

Liverpool – April 21

courtesy of football365.
Now do the CL

Wayne's World

They are going to win the league this season....At least they have showed ambition to do it unlike our manager, owners and who ever the head of recruitment is at the club

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Laporte is better than gomez probably, but gomez has been so good he is still in "it would make no sense to swap him" territory. Still, we're comparing city's best centreback with our second best. Van dijk is better than Laporte and gomez better than stones. And Alisson and Robertson high five their way ahead of their competition too.

Walker is better than TAA though. And all their midfielders take a clean sweep
I don't see either team taking the other's CBs.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I hope Klopp will start using Latin quotes to motivate his players now, or write their names in envelopes. We all know how that's going to end.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Wouldnt say that. Surely the league is the priority this season & the CL is just a bonus for you lot ?
Then dropping into the Europa League & playing Thursday night away games in Eastern Europe is the last thing we need. This isn't just about staying in the CL, but giving ourselves the best chance in the PL also.

Sterling Archer

They are going to win the league this season....At least they have showed ambition to do it unlike our owners and who ever the head of recruitment is at the club
Fixed. Our manager, like him or not, is not the reason we won't be champions any time soon.

Disneyland.

Klopp turned down Disneyland for Liverpool.

I don't know how that hasnt sunken into the heads of the people nit picking Pogbas hairstyle or how much of an arse Jose is. Zoom out. The problems above the team and coaches paygrade .

Orient Express

Supports
Leyton Orient
Walker is better than TAA, at present, albeit Walker is 28 and TAA still a teenager?

The bigger point most people are missing is that both players represent their respective clubs' and managers' philosophy.

One - a £50million purchase buy the most expensive, lavish right back we can find. The other a talented youth product brought through the ranks - despite criticism, even for his performance at Old Trafford last season - yet persevered with and being nurtured.

Something to ponder over.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I get stones and gomez, but you don't think City fans would take van dijk over Laporte? At least when ignoring age?
Just tag all the city fans on this forum and ask.

winteriscoming

Supports
City
Just tag all the city fans on this forum and ask.
It's all about opinions but you would think, Van Dijk is better than Laporte/Stones who are better than Gomez.

However, nothing wrong with any of them and all up to the job.
Gomez unfortunate with that injury, but they do have decent backup.

Liverpool have another tough spell of games, but they came through the last one okay.

I've not checked fixtures, but they must have a decent run in at the end of the season

Fridge chutney

I'd personally take TAA over Walker.

I know Walker is the better player right now, and may have a higher ceiling. But TAA has impressed me. He's only 20 so you'll get 8 more years out of him compared to Walker. He's also an academy product, and seems like a nice and decent person. He's friends with Lingard and Rashford, which is nice to see (when they play for country they put aside club rivalry).

Easy choice in the end for me.

I'd probably take Laporte over Gomez. Just stylistically my preference although you won't go wrong with either player.

IronCroos37

i don't see how another manager other then Klopp would have made Pool this good, not even Guardiola as he needs money.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
i don't see how another manager other then Klopp would have made Pool this good, not even Guardiola as he needs money.
Klopp's hardly been working on a shoestring. He broke the world transfer records for goalkeepers and defenders with Alisson and van Dijk, spent £150 million strengthening the midfield, and £90 million on their forward line. All signs point to the spending continuing too.

People act like Klopp's barely spent, when he's spent shit loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.