Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
You should get someone like Cresswell as a backup left back.
Pretty sure they'll go for Sessegnon end of this season. They have been poaching players from relegated clubs for bargain prices and he'd make an excellent Mané and Robertson cover.

Cathy Ferguson

They must have terrific scouts, all their big money signings improve their team. What a contrast to our team and the Pogba, Fred, Lukaku situation.

Rafaeldagold

I think as United fans we need to accept they have a very good chance of being champions this season & instead of wining & feeling sorry for ourselves we need to accept that we’ve not been good enough & use a title winning Liverpool as massive motivation for next season

norm87cro

Personally I can never fully accept the notion or the reality of them being champions. It's not the way this rivalry works. But if it does happen they deserve it and they have a very realistic chance of winning it since I can see City making the CL their priority

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Manchester City are a mightily impressive team. The game at the Etihad on New Years Day will be massive. We are having a fantastic season and hard to see how we could be doing much better. Unbeaten with the most miserly defence in the league. It's just City are so good it's hard to get too confident. If it keeps going like this then the side who wins will have amassed some amount of points. I really can't see City dropping too many points. Time will tell.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
It’s weird being 1st after 18 games and still feel another team will most likely win it.

We are fantastic this season, but City’s depth is just on another level and I fear as we reach the spring that it will make the difference.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
As a Chelsea fan, I’m still hoping Liverpool go the season undefeated but City win the title :lol:

However, if Liverpool do win the league, they would have deserved it for sure. I’ll be leaving the country for the following season as the media love in will be unbearable :nervous:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It’s weird being 1st after 18 games and still feel another team will most likely win it.

We are fantastic this season, but City’s depth is just on another level and I fear as we reach the spring that it will make the difference.
Can see it being as close as 13/14.

This Liverpool squad is certainly capable of getting 90 + points. As good as Man. City are just rolling out another 100 point season is asking hell of a lot particularly as they should go deeper in CL than last year.

After January 3rd you'll have got most of your hard away fixtures over with bar Everton and Man. City away but interestingly Man. City also have those two away games.

When you look at it Man. City and Liverpool both had pretty similar runs for first half of the season e.g. they've both played Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea away.

What may be decisive is by close of play tomorrow Man. City will have played two more home games.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If they don't win it this season, they will soon. It'd be nice for their wait to reach 30 years though.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't watch the game, but obviously happy with the result. Still, it's hard to get ahead of yourself when City are at home to Palace tomorrow :D Our lead will be down to 1 point once more (less than including GD).

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Can see it being as close as 13/14.

This Liverpool squad is certainly capable of getting 90 + points. As good as Man. City are just rolling out another 100 point season is asking hell of a lot particularly as they should go deeper in CL than last year.

After January 3rd you'll have got most of your hard away fixtures over with bar Everton and Man. City away but interestingly Man. City also have those two away games.

When you look at it Man. City and Liverpool both had pretty similar runs for first half of the season e.g. they've both played Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea away.

What may be decisive is by close of play tomorrow Man. City will have played two more home games.
I hope you’re right. But City just seem like this indestructible force and can essentially line up with two teams both capable of competing for the title, where as we are in deep trouble when van Dijk/Salah/Mane gets injured. Of course our relative luck regarding injuries could continue.

It’ll certainly be interesting on January 3rd.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
If they win it over City then fair fecks, it's well deserved.

Good thing they won't though

What a job Klopp is doing, it has to be said. He's turned the belief around there: 15 wins and 3 draws in the league is incredible form, and it's only because City are so strong that there is still a title race. Sad times when you're hoping City can hang on to them and be champions, but needs must.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
I hope you’re right. But City just seem like this indestructible force and can essentially line up with two teams both capable of competing for the title, where as we are in deep trouble when van Dijk/Salah/Mane gets injured. Of course our relative luck regarding injuries could continue.

It’ll certainly be interesting on January 3rd.
We have 3 defenders presently injured, Keita, Lovren, Lallana, Milner and Mane have all been injured this season and Ox has been out for the season, we've had our fair share of injuries.

Shark

@NotShark
Look, it had to happen sometime, and I hope to feck we won’t have to wait as long. Let’s just get it over with.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
So sad to know we have little chance for the title... Why didn't those damn sheikhs buy some random Betis and annoy Real and Barca instead?

On the other hand, end of last season everyone here was discussing how Buvac leaving will show Klopp's incompetence. Yet here we are...

MouChou

So sad to know we have little chance for the title... Why didn't those damn sheikhs buy some random Betis and annoy Real and Barca instead?

On the other hand, end of last season everyone here was discussing how Buvac leaving will show Klopp's incompetence. Yet here we are...
Klopp is a special man. I wish we had him...

Josh 76

When Liverpool beat Newcastle on Boxing Day, that will be half the games gone. To drop just 6 points in the first half of the season with most of the hard fixtures played is title winning form. I keep reading that City will be too strong for them in the end. That's bollocks!

If Liverpool manage to avoid defeat at the Eithad in January, then City can win every single game left in the league, but it will still be in Liverpools hands. Now I wouldn't usually say a silly thing like that, because I know football is not that simple. But I'm basing it on the results of the first half of the season.

I've analysed Liverpools fixtures, and the only 'tough' run I could find was the end of Feb to beginning of March. They play Bayen (h) United (a), Watford (h) Everton (a). And apart from the Utd game, Liverpool should beat Watford and Everton (like they usually do).

Pundits and fans who still think City will still win it comfortably are mad. For that to happen Liverppol will have to lose at least 25% of their remaining fixtures. That's never going to happen. All this obviously depends on how far they go in the FA cup and Champions league and of course injuries.

Liverpool are in the driving seat, they are Favourites in my eyes. They have the momentum, luck and confidence, just like Leicester had a few years ago. Absolute nightmare!

Reactions: Varun

Josh 76

We have 3 defenders presently injured, Keita, Lovren, Lallana, Milner and Mane have all been injured this season and Ox has been out for the season, we've had our fair share of injuries.
I think Liverpool and City have had their fair share of injuries, but Liverpool have had all the luck. Just on top of my head, the freak last min goal against Everton, the blatant last min penalty at Spurs which wasn't given, the mahrez penalty miss , the two defected goals against Utd (calm down, joke) . Title would probably have been over

Bearded One

When Liverpool beat Newcastle on Boxing Day, that will be half the games gone. To drop just 6 points in the first half of the season with most of the hard fixtures played is title winning form. I keep reading that City will be too strong for them in the end. That's bollocks!

If Liverpool manage to avoid defeat at the Eithad in January, then City can win every single game left in the league, but it will still be in Liverpools hands. Now I wouldn't usually say a silly thing like that, because I know football is not that simple. But I'm basing it on the results of the first half of the season.

I've analysed Liverpools fixtures, and the only 'tough' run I could find was the end of Feb to beginning of March. They play Bayen (h) United (a), Watford (h) Everton (a). And apart from the Utd game, Liverpool should beat Watford and Everton (like they usually do).

Pundits and fans who still think City will still win it comfortably are mad. For that to happen Liverppol will have to lose at least 25% of their remaining fixtures. That's never going to happen. All this obviously depends on how far they go in the FA cup and Champions league and of course injuries.

Liverpool are in the driving seat, they are Favourites in my eyes. They have the momentum, luck and confidence, just like Leicester had a few years ago. Absolute nightmare!
Well articulated, that. I think Liverpool are in the drivers seat. Having played Chelsea away, Arsenal away, Spurs away most of their tough matches have been played. They only really have City away to worry about but even then they seem to have the key to coming as underdogs to undo city. We shall see. Whatever happens I just want us to get our act together and begin to compete asap.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Definitely agree on the comfortable City bit. It's just people comforting themselves really. This is a proper title race and right now Liverpool lead by 4 points having played a game extra do they're of course in the driving seat.

We desperately need them to drop points in the next couple of games.

Bearded One

I see a lot of Liverpool fans play down their chances for the title but imo you are very well placed to just nick it. City may win it too but you are just as well placed. City have some dinks in their armour but are better than you guys. Your strong defense is also a factor and if you can keep key players uninjured - Salah and - Van Dijk, then you have a big chance.

Remember people said Liveroool will bow in december but here we are. You have yet to drop one point in december, you have yet to drop one point against bottom 14, you have yet to loose a match in 50% of the matches.​

dbs235

Other than Milner, none of their main players are over 27. So unless Madrid come calling it looks like we're in a for a few years of this.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I know we’ve had some injuries, but our most important players have been largely unscathed. Mane and Milner have missed four games between them.

Treble

I wonder whether the heroics in December will take their toll later in the season. Playing so many difficult games over 6-7 weeks is very hard and demanding: PSG, Everton, Napoli, United, Wolves away, Arsenal, City, Wolves away in the FA Cup....

Thisistheone

Have the best defence in the league and the top goal scorer.

Winning games when not playing that great. Getting breaks at the right times. Not even gengenpressing like crazy to win games anymore. It's a worry.

Judas

Open to offers
Still long enough left in the league for me not to get too worried, but it isn't fun viewing. If they keep the gap over christmas or even make it bigger and win away to City, I'll might panic a tad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’m getting genuinely worried now. I’m a staunch city fan until May if that’s what it takes.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
Other than Milner, none of their main players are over 27. So unless Madrid come calling it looks like we're in a for a few years of this.
Even if Real and Barcelona come calling, we have a system in place to replace those players with the next superstars.
We lost Can, but we gained Fabinho.
We lost Coutinho, we got Shaq and Keita.

The club looks stable for once with a world class manager and an infrastructure in place to build upon.

We are moving all our training facilities to Kirby so the academy and first team training will be done in once place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alabaster Codify7

I said before the first game kicked off - they are winning it this season. I stand by it.
Our worst nightmare for 20 odd years is finally going to come true.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bookmark this post

Liverpool will finish the season on 96 points.

...whether that will be enough for the title, i'm not sure...

winteriscoming

Supports
City
There is a long way to go, but if we don't beat them on the 3rd January, their cocks will be up and they will take some stopping.
Can't help but feel that missed penalty by Mahrez at Anfield, which he didn't seem to care about, will come back to haunt City.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Bookmark this post

Liverpool will finish the season on 96 points.

...whether that will be enough for the title, i'm not sure...
It won't be. 98 points gets the title this season and City will get it.

Josh 76

There is a long way to go, but if we don't beat them on the 3rd January, their cocks will be up and they will take some stopping.
Can't help but feel that missed penalty by Mahrez at Anfield, which he didn't seem to care about, will come back to haunt City.
That was the 'Ruud Van Nistroy penalty miss V Arsneal' moment. We all know what happened that season.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I said before the first game kicked off - they are winning it this season. I stand by it.
Our worst nightmare for 20 odd years is finally going to come true.
This with me as well - there’s a predictions thread somewhere in this forum where I put them down as winners and I’ve seen nothing to doubt that prediction.

I don’t think this City side have the stomach for an actual title fight - they breezed through last season with zero pressure from anyone, now they’ve got a challenger that just won’t feck-off and City are actually behind. I think Liverpool’s mentality under Klopp is greater than that of City under Pep - that might be the difference.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
We’ll beat them at Old Trafford. Spurs will take points off them. Chelsea seem to do well against them at Anfield. City have them at the Etihad in two weeks. They are due a cock-up against the fodder of the league at some point as well, not to mention a couple of injuries to key players that everyone else has had so far. We’re not even halfway through the season yet - it’s way too early to be panicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.