Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaky

Still think City have the edge in the race but whoever blinks next will be crucial. If Liverpool open up a 4 point lead, then they become favourites and suddenly City have to start looking for favours from other teams.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Think we could very well be about 10 points clear by the time the CL kicks back in.

That's 8 games without a clean sheet for Man City. Liverpool will score at least 2 at the Etihad.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Think we could very well be about 10 points clear by the time the CL kicks back in.

That's 8 games without a clean sheet for Man City. Liverpool will score at least 2 at the Etihad.
Potential tagline material, this.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Can't see it. They'll obviously play tighter versus us than they would do against the likes of Palace.

Plus, this is simply destined to repeat.

Canagel

They must have terrific scouts, all their big money signings improve their team. What a contrast to our team and the Pogba, Fred, Lukaku situation.
And if we had Mane, Salah, VVD etc they would turn to average once they put the United shirt on - the opposite being the case if our players were anywhere else.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Sometimes momentum is huge in football. Liverpool have had some massive moments recently and the hunger and desire in the side following that CL final last year is palpable. The side want this more than anyone. I was a doubter up until about a month ago but I'm now turning into a believer.

City's shit defence helps.

Can't see it. They'll obviously play tighter versus us than they would do against the likes of Palace.

Plus, this is simply destined to repeat.

Contrary to what many think, I don't think they're better than this Liverpool side (although they have greater depth). That will sink in as the weeks go by.

Last edited:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Contrary to what many think, I don't think they're better than this Liverpool side (although they have greater depth). That will sink in as the weeks go by.
Lack of depth will get us. 100%.

steakpie

I would prefer Liverpool to win it over City because they are run as an actual business.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's their year.

They could have been 5 points behind City already but have had some crazy luck in the first 15 or so games. Even against City at home they should have lost. But they kept winning and City have hit a right patch. A 4 point lead given Liverpool's record this season is a pretty big one. I'm just going to accept this being the year they win their 19th. Otherwise it's going to be even more miserable.

Raw

Well it was gonna happen sooner or later anyway. Best get it over and done with.

I think them overtaking our tally will hurt more.

amolbhatia50k

Well it was gonna happen sooner or later anyway. Best get it over and done with.

City will react in a big manner if Liverpool win the league. And hopefully we make big strides too. So that'll be much harder to do (2 league titles).

But yeah I'm just going to start moving into the 'acceptance' phase even if there's a long way to go in the title race. Will make this shit easier to deal with it.

Kapardin

It's also the manner of doing it. Winning it while competing with a sugar daddy club coached by Guardiola.

Klopp, their fans and the media will be unbearable for months.

amolbhatia50k

It's also the manner of doing it. Winning it while competing with a sugar daddy club coached by Guardiola.

A title is a title. Wouldn't have been different for me if they did it any other way. It's not like they haven't spent big either.

Raw

And we've got no World Cup or Euros to distract ourselves with over the summer! Gonna take a long hiatus from football I think :lol:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

They'd be unbearable for months if they won it because every other team got struck by a zombie apocalypse that inexplicably avoided the red half of Merseyside. The manner of it won't matter.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Relax, the inevitable late-season collapse will be all the more entertaining.

IAmAWinner

I am starting to get worried now. Just don't see a weakness in this team after the addition of Van Dijk and Allison. Pep and City don't seem to have the determination like they had last year also.

GiddyUp

Relax, the inevitable late-season collapse will be all the more entertaining.
You bet. It's common with liverpool though, as soon as they get a nose out front it's race won with the players, fans and media and then the usual happens. I keep telling my liverpool supporting brother you don't win until you win but he won't listen, he thinks they are about to enter a 25 year period of dominance.

marktan

Why are people so bothered about Liverpool winning it? For me I'd dislike City winning it just as much, if not more, so I couldn't care really which wins. If anything City have been the more annoying over the last 10 years and I'd rather see them struggle.

I mean I doubt Liverpool fans gave as much of a crap every time we won a league over the last 30 years.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
They've won it. The stars are aligning far too perfectly.

amolbhatia50k

They've won it. The stars are aligning far too perfectly.
Absolutely.

City not having KDB and Silva adds to it. Imagine Salah and VVD being out for a few months.

But, it is what it is. I suppose us United fans already saw this happening in 13/14 which prepared us to an extent .

LARulz

Why are people so bothered about Liverpool winning it? For me I'd dislike City winning it just as much, if not more, so I couldn't care really which wins. If anything City have been the more annoying over the last 10 years and I'd rather see them struggle.

I mean I doubt Liverpool fans gave as much of a crap every time we won a league over the last 30 years.
:confused: of course they did. We bulldozed past them to have the most leagues from nowhere while they struggled with the occasional solid challenge but still not enough.

Now they will win the league while we are at our worst.

I don't want either winning it but if I had to, then City. They have nowhere near as many titles and to be honest I can just put it down to "oil money" (way of justifying it to myself). Liverpool fans would be insufferable plus the media wanking over them in the last year or so is already infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.