Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

It's the battle of the bottlers with Spurs and Liverpool.
Unfortunately, Liverpool are a lesser class of bottlers than Spurs. And while Poch is doing a brilliant job, Liverpool's squad depth is sufficient to see them past anyone.

City were our best bet. They are almost out of the picture unless Liverpool go on a 2-3 game winless run.

Hate to say it, but we have to swallow the bitter pill of the celebrations, the poetry, Gerrard being called to Anfield to lift the trophy, the smug faces of McManaman and Souness, and the Klopp arse kissing that will go on for eons after this.

UncleBob

Because I detest City more than I do Liverpool.
No idea why anyone cares about what City do, it's not Manchester City any longer, it's just a PR campaign. Liverpool on the other hand....It'll be an absolute disaster if they win it.

BlueHaze

It was only a matter of time before they would win something under Klopp to be fair, he is a fantastic manager. However I feel sick to my stomach at the thought of the title being lifted at Shitefield.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Not jinxing but City look mentally shot.
There's still spurs, and we can lose to Arsenal and City, and suddenly the lead could well be down to GD with Spurs and 1 point away from City. At this level mistakes are very costly and it's not hard to have one or two of them.

You guys are really overreacting. :houllier: There's still 19 games to go!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
There's still spurs, and we can lose to Arsenal and City, and suddenly the lead could well be down to GD with Spurs and 1 point away from City. At this level mistakes are very costly and it's not hard to have one or two of them.

Nah you’ve won, start celebrating

Canagel

The race could be over as soon as January 3rd. If Liverpool wins .
It's very fair to say only they can throw it away from here.

Last edited:

IRELANDUNITED

If they Feck it up now, it will be absolutely glorious.

Yeah, i'm thinking the same thing. I've full accepted and made peace with the fact that Liverpool will win the title, it'll hurt like hell but acceptance is the first step. If, however, they somehow manage to make a balls of it, it will be almost as hilarious as 2014, not quite as funny because they don't have slippy g anymore, but still pretty darn hilarious

alanjohnson

Let’s get it right, this lot have spent a shit tonne of money over last couple of seasons so they should be up there.. I don’t want to here how great a manager Klopp is when he has spent money to get to where they are now.
You should also factor in the players they've sold over the years ie Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho.
However their net spend is not far off ours. However we shouldnt be bitter about them, Klopp deserves a lot of praise for what he's done so far. Although they haven't won anything yet either.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

Nope. It's already done and dusted. Not a chance Liverpool fail to win the league from here. Not a chance.....

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp usually wins it in the third full season.

But I only care about the next game: Arsenal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Scotland, parents from Syria.
It would've been excusable if you weren't from the UK, but to me anyone from the immediate area being ok with Liverpool winning...well, anything is just weird :lol:

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
they are what's that now.... 19 games unbeaten in the league. i know the've had luck along the way but that's the sign of a title winning team.

Sigma

It would've been excusable if you weren't from the UK, but to me anyone from the immediate area being ok with Liverpool winning...well, anything is just weird :lol:
Being Syrian, I think you can appreciate my distain for any of the Gulf states.

Also, this:

Same.
Liverpool have been pretty much irrelevant throughout my life time where as ive already seen City win the league 3 times too many for my liking.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Perhaps the most encouraging thing is that we genuinely don't rely on last minute/late goals to win. Except for Sturridge's goal vs Chelsea, I believe we've had absolute control over 95% of games this season from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.