Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Same.
Liverpool have been pretty much irrelevant throughout my life time where as ive already seen City win the league 3 times too many for my liking.
Think it was bad watching City win the league? Wait until Liverpool lift it, it'll be unbearable to tune into Sky Sports and BT Sport, their love in for Liverpool and Klopp will be something else and they'll ram it down our throat if we don't get top 4.

the chameleon

Oh my god! These scouse fans are already annoying. Was talking to a mate earlier about how they've now spent wisely and they are now coming to a point where they are the dominant team in England. He added that from this summer, they will be in a position to spend all the transfer money on one big player at a time and that players like Mbappe are now a reality.

Please!

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
newcastle only had 24% of the ball and shaqiri gets another goal. rafa will get sack.

minoo-utd

Fair play to them if they win it ( God forbid ). Don't think also that they will beat City. So their next two games can say a alot.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There's still spurs, and we can lose to Arsenal and City, and suddenly the lead could well be down to GD with Spurs and 1 point away from City. At this level mistakes are very costly and it's not hard to have one or two of them.

You guys are really overreacting. :houllier: There's still 19 games to go!
You guys will smash Arsenal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has everyone in here really given up already?
Yup. They're on a roll and 7 points clear. Maybe City will somehow challenge them but looks another year without a proper title race. I've already come to terms with them being champions. Hopefully it will inspire our club to return to excellence too.

Thiim

Think it was bad watching City win the league? Wait until Liverpool lift it, it'll be unbearable to tune into Sky Sports and BT Sport, their love in for Liverpool and Klopp will be something else and they'll ram it down our throat if we don't get top 4.
As if they havent been gagging on Pep and his philosophy for years now? It's equally nauseating, especially considering that City's wins are built solely on some arabs finding oil and buying a toy in manchester. Hollow doesn't beging to describe it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
So many babies on here. 7 points at the halfway is nothing like a done deal, especially with all three teams being in the CL too

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So many babies on here. 7 points at the halfway is nothing like a done deal, especially with all three teams being in the CL too
Stop complaining and enjoy your League and CL double.

You should be over the moon with joy.

marktan

Actually just seen their fixtures, they have both Arsenal and City in their next two games. They could just as easily lose both. Good lead to have but easily losable.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Actually just seen their fixtures, they have both Arsenal and City in their next two games. They could just as easily lose both. Good lead to have but easily losable.
Actually we'll still be top even if we lose both games

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
You guys will smash Arsenal.
We might, but I don't want to say it's a definite. This is football, remember?

Stop complaining and enjoy your League and CL double.
You should be over the moon with joy.
This feels like a reverse-Liverpool forum now. I've been through enough to not declare anything or feel anything this early. I'm happy that we are in a good position but mindful there's lots to play for; certainly not over the moon.

Exactly. Not taking anything for granted.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I just wonder what kind of tragedy we'll suffer from this time. VVD ACL injury? Klopp kidnapped? Anfield destroyed in a flood?

Somehow forgot about that one.
Tragedy ? You're usually not good enough not unlucky.

It's your title this year. This is line with the last God knows how many PL seasons where one teams runs away with it.

Heinzesight

Liverpool will have their mini blip too. They’ll pick up some key injuries. If it’s like this come March then by all means shit yourselves.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
United were 8 points ahead with 6 games to go in 2012, there are a lot of points to play for.

Liverpool have been the best team in the league but they've also had a perfect storm of things going their way.

I see the right mentality in them this time around though, don't think they're going to feck it up. January 3rd vs City will be the big one.

Moriarty

Mods need to change the thread title and amend it only when they lift the trophy. Unless it's a cunning plan to hex the bastards...

Red Stone

Typical that these fecking cnuts look to be strolling to the title just when we're finally getting our mojo back.

City can feck off with their back to back losses. Bottling twats.

ariveded

I see Lfc dropping points in their next 2 games against Arsenal, and City. So the race is on!!

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Tragedy ? You're usually not good enough not unlucky.

It's your title this year. This is line with the last God knows how many PL seasons where one teams runs away with it.
Gerrard's slip or Karius' epic feck up had more to do with misfortune than ability.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
On the flip side, I don't think they've had a blip yet, whereas we had out customary one at the beginning of the season and City...are clearly having theirs now.

Just looked at the odds:

Liverpool 4/6
City 6/4
Spurs 8

Seems about right to me. First time they're favourites, will see how they cope now.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
At least Gerrard never got his grubby hands on it, eh?
This. If they are ever going to win it at least I'm not all that fussed about any of their key players.

My mind is entirely on us turning a corner, couldn't give two shits about which of the top three end up winning it. I would usually rather Spurs, but that will make it even harder to get anything off them, if at all. Potato, potatoe, just want to enjoy and look forward to watching us play again, the rest is meaningless otherwise.

Not worried, if anything there's only upside from here as it would be hilarious if they cock it up.

Mick321

They really need to drop points in the next 2. If they get 4 from Arsenal and City I think there's little chance they'd be caught, most of their tough games would be done, they'd only have us away, Spurs home and Chelsea home left. Spurs on the other hand have to go to Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
i had a feeling leicester would score again. they diidn't try to hold out for a draw they went for the win and they got it. i thought it might've been a 2:2 draw beforehand. leicester are better than newcastle though. newcastle relegation battlers

ariveded

They really need to drop points in the next 2. If they get 4 from Arsenal and City I think there's little chance they'd be caught, most of their tough games would be done, they'd only have us away, Spurs home and Chelsea home left. Spurs on the other hand have to go to Chelsea, City and Liverpool.
Still Man City not Spurs, have to be seen as the biggest challengers to Lfc. Man City have home games against all the Top 6 bar Man Utd. They got beaten by two worldies in the recent 2 games. That won't happen always.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inter Yer Nan

Hopefully they lose to City and drop points to Arsenal in an ideal world but it's not looking good. They are annoyingly consistent and have good luck in their favor too. I'm resigning to the fact they'll probably win it.

Kopral Jono

Liverpool FC, 2018/19 Premier League champions. Well deserved after years of heartbreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.