Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
You remember the wank fest from that year? :)
Don't think you can compared then and now. I don't think there's a conspiracy but it does seem media is desperate for Liverpool to win it.
It only seems that way because we have football media coverage 24/7, & copious different news outlets via which sporting news is transmitted. They weren't around when we last won the title. Back in the 80's we used to call The Daily Mirror 'The Manchester Mirror' because we believed they gave United far too much coverage & positive reporting in comparison to ourselves. In reality, they probably didn't. We just thought they did.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
When they eventually win it, what do you all reckon how long will media wank fest go for?
The lovin' will never end. Ever. Ever. Ever.

They will write a multitude of songs about Klopp and his band of Merry Men, all of which will reach number 1 in the UK charts.

We humble United fans will beg for death before it ends.

Josh 76

If they blow it now, Klopp will be the biggest failure in Liverpools recent history.
This isn't even a joke.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It sucks balls, it does. It would be beyond hilarious if they end up on something like 3rd place this season after having this gap now. But in reality, it is to be expected from them to not win it, its a tough league and they can lose points against both top teams and bottom teams near the end. It wouldn't be the end of the world for them if they didn't manage to win it this season, Klopp should stay.

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
If they blow it now, Klopp will be the biggest failure in Liverpools recent history.
This isn't even a joke.
You do realize you get 3 points for a win? They lose the next 2 games and it's basically anyones game again.

I understand you try your best to hate on Klopp & Liverpool, but you don't look very bright.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGame

We're still only slight favourites with the bookies (4/5). & if the greatest team in the universe (City) can lose 3 league games out of 4, I'm pretty sure it could happen to us at some point in the season. Far bigger leads than 6 points have been squandered before. Especially as we're only at the half-way stage.
Don’t get me wrong, I think they are doing fantastically well and look really good but we’ve seen big point leads cut before. When European football starts again, it will get interesting.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They should win it comfortably now. Everything has fallen their way since the start of the season.

Bwuk

Dread to think it but I think they will win it. Unless VvD or Salah get injured.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
It's only 6 points for goodness sake and half the season to play for. A long term injury to Alisson or VVD would be devastating for us, just like an injury to Kane for Spurs. City have lost some of their top players already for lengthy spells and are still in it.

Unam333

It sucks, but they are our greatest rivals. When you talk about Manchester United, you say Liverpool. The most successful clubs in English football.
Of course, you can't expect them never to win it again. Not with their history, financial resources and pulling power in regards of attracting good managers and players.

I'm a bit pissed that we just couldn't mount a serious title challenge this season or at least make Liverpool work hard for their win against us last time we met. (/Moyes mode).

Very angry that, up until now, the players and our previous manager didn't give an ass about playing football and were too busy arguing and downing tools.

Sauldogba

Think it was bad watching City win the league? Wait until Liverpool lift it, it'll be unbearable to tune into Sky Sports and BT Sport, their love in for Liverpool and Klopp will be something else and they'll ram it down our throat if we don't get top 4.
Tbh i stopped warching sky sports and bt pundits because of how biased towarda liverpool they were along time ago so that wont really affect me.

ZDwyr

It's looking likely but still a while to go. I'll wait until the Arsenal and City games have passed before getting really worried.

Centenary Boy

Supports
Liverpool
Don't think you can compared then and now. I don't think there's a conspiracy but it does seem media is desperate for Liverpool to win it.
Football is a bigger media phenomenon these days because of Sky, BT Sport, Twitter etc, so if it happens (and as a congenitally nervous Liverpool fan, I very much stress the word 'if') it might be proportionately 'bigger', but there's nothing sinister about it.

Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world, and they haven't won their domestic league in nearly thirty years. Journalistically, it will be a massive story if it happens; exactly the same way it was when United did likewise in the 90s. I've no doubt the whole thing will be completely nauseating for United fans, as it was for us when United won the title, but that will just make it all the sweeter for us, if it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acole9

Outstanding
It hurts but congratulations to them on winning the title, it's been a long time coming but they've finally done it.

TysonFury

As much as it pains me to say it, I think they have won it. It’s tough to class spurs as title contenders, and Man City now seem to have lost their way.

Might have to leave the planet if they win

Josh 76

You do realize you get 3 points for a win? They lose the next 2 games and it's basically anyones game again.

I understand you try your best to hate on Klopp & Liverpool, but you don't look very bright.
Look at my previous posts on here.
All my predictions have been spot on. I said Liverpool will be top, the weekend before City lost to Chelsea. I said the gap will get bigger by the end of December and I said City's squad in depth is not as strong as everyone makes it out to be. I also said Pep buckles under pressure and Liverpool will win this league comfortably.
So you can assume I don't like very bright, but I am more brighter than Liverppol fans who still think they are still not favourites for the title.
You are 7 points ahead of City. (Spurs are not in this title race in my opinion). If they don't beat you on 3rd January. Which fixtures are you going to lose 3 games ? And that's if City win all their games, which they are not. So yes The fingers will be pointing at Klopp if he fecks this up.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
First thing is we haven't won the league yet. We're only half way through. We're definitely a more complete side than in 2013-14. Defensively we have been superb. 6 goals in 19 matches conceded is remarkable. All the more so since two were self inflicted. Two massive matches coming up. I think 4 points from those two games sees us likely to win the title. City are porous defensively and Tottenham may not have the squad depth to keep up a serious title challenge. If Klopp left in the morning he would have left a far superior side to the one he inherited. So in that sense he has been a success. Naturally I would love us to win the league and I think we are probably across the first 11 the best side in the league. There maybe be better players for other teams in certain positions but overall I think our league position reflects how good we currently are.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
First thing is we haven't won the league yet. We're only half way through. We're definitely a more complete side than in 2013-14. Defensively we have been superb. 6 goals in 19 matches conceded is remarkable. All the more so since two were self inflicted. Two massive matches coming up. I think 4 points from those two games sees us likely to win the title. City are porous defensively and Tottenham may not have the squad depth to keep up a serious title challenge. If Klopp left in the morning he would have left a far superior side to the one he inherited. So in that sense he has been a success. Naturally I would love us to win the league and I think we are probably across the first 11 the best side in the league. There maybe be better players for other teams in certain positions but overall I think our league position reflects how good we currently are.
Just stop. Stop trying to give us false up. This title race is well and truly over and it has been for months, you know it as well as the rest of us.

Why aren't you out celebrating?

Deleted member 101472

at what point do we learn to support liverpool sarcastically, so it confuses their fans?

Roady

Supports
Liverpool
This thread is embarrassing . We are halfway through the season . A six point gap is nothing.

Pfmpd

Supports
Liverpool
Weirdly, I had Leicester in my acca today. And Palace let me down the southern shandy drinking tarts.

Never would I have thought city would lose 3/4 prem games.

I'm still among the many Liverpool fans thinking, it's early. But, I think we will have too much for arsenal at home and City HAVE to beat us.

City will go gung ho and leave spaces like in the CL second leg. I'm half expecting 6 points in our next 2 games.

And tbh, even then.... I'll still not think the league is ours. Been burnt too many times.

But, fabinho is coming into play now... Keita hasn't done anything yet(hopefully he will learn how to) Gomez who was as good as vvd untill he got injured will be back. Salah is getting into his stride and any Liverpool fan who called him a one season wonder can go f yourself. Hard.
It's looking good.

Hoof the ball

That "United fan", whatshisface, on RAWK, must be loving Liverpool's run-of-form at the moment. Can imagine he's already telling the RAWK posters that this seasons Scousers will be better than United's 99 and 08 team.

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
Im the same as many other Liverpool fans here, I will wait until we have actually won it considering our past!

Which makes me laugh when people say how lucky we have been this season, so is this an admission that we have been unlucky in the past few seasons? or maybe we are getting refereeing decisions that otherwise would have gone against us? Or how about injuries? have we got away with it on that side? Gomez, Lovren, Keita, Mane, Arnold, Milner, we havent exactly been injury free.

Or maybe we are lucky in that we have had deflected goals go in, like against Man Utd, however the same thing used to happen to all the top teams, United, Arsenal, Chelsea, simply because they dominated teams who played with all eleven in the box, at some stage the pinball will hit that jackpot!

Or could it be that the luck we are having is not down to luck at all, but down to great management? In the past we have been inconsistent, had poor players in a poor system and have failed in many areas, this season we dont look like we have any great weaknesses, our defence has been addressed and fixed, as has our goalkeeper, areas which have needed sorting for years. We also have a plan, or more importantly a plan B, we can play more than one different way this season, which wasnt the case last season.

Or how about the harmony of the squad, as Danny Murphy mentioned, everyone looks happy, whether they are in the first team or not, that is down to Klopp. Indeed you can look at Solksjaer now at united, the players WANT to play for him, Pochettino, Emery, they have the players onside, this was the biggest failure Mourinho had.

We have been lucky in one respect, the man city losses, for us, were very bloody lucky!

Winrar

This Liverpool team eerily reminds me of city last season in a sense that they had luck going their way earlier in the season and use that momentum to boast imperious form in the league.

Loathe to admit it but credit where it is due so far. But I’m just as ready to laugh it all up if it goes all south from here for some reason. We’ll see.

Last edited:

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat

Well said.

It will take a truly fantastic team to stop City this season. Liverpool have one.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is it bad I think I would rather miss out on top 4 and have City win the title than have Liverpool have it?
Yes. United first, always.

Missing out on top 4 could hamper our recruitment in the summer. Liverpool winning the league would be shit, but we need to focus more on rebuilding ourselves, rather than wishing they collapse. They are a great side, if they win it, it will be because they deserve to.

Fridge chutney

They really are. Bloody scouse pundits are everywhere. Even since we got rid of Mourinho we have nonsense spouted by Merson and Holt and others about us being a disgrace and classless and embarrassing. Liverpool have very favourable press coverage. Deservedly so right now, as it happens. But there is no equivalence at play.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I think this is finally going to be their year. Everything seems to be going their way, defence looks solid, fantastic midfield and world class attack. Also you need luck to win it and they have had some this season - the Pickford mistake, the Mahrez penalty miss and no serious injuries to date.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
City on tilt now back to back losses while Pool are still smashing teams and unbeaten. Worst of all Spurs are their closest challengers. I’ve said all along that Klopp and Poch are the best managers in the league but I don’t want either to win the league. Bad position City need to get their stuff together.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
You know things are going well when you have Dejan Lovren, self-proclaimed "One of the Best Defenders in the World" smash a volley to the top of the net. Taking one game at a time though. Chelsea 13/14 is not that long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.