Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This is a shambles. 1. They are our arch-rivals 2. The league is not over yet 3. so what?

why are we glorying the fecking scousers in a Utd supporters forum anyway???
Your hatred has blinded you to the truth, my friend.

Liverpool is the first football club in history to have claimed a domestic league title before January. Can you think of a more impressive achievement that?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Liverpool is the first football club in history to have claimed a domestic league title before January. Can you think of a more impressive achievement that?
Plus, Van Dijk is 'the most talented human being since Leonardo da Vinci', according to the Guardian.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Plus, Van Dijk is 'the most talented human being since Leonardo da Vinci', according to the Guardian.
He is a marvellous specimen of a man, to his credit.

I mean, if I wasn't already married, and straight....

I might be tempted. Just saying.

Imran Mamdani

I don't see the 2018/19 PL trophy in your webbed cabinet - if and when you do, please let me know.... :)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He is a marvellous specimen of a man, to his credit.

I mean, if I wasn't already married, and straight....

I might be tempted. Just saying.
A cert for the Nobel Prize too!

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Hasn't Lovren started more PL games than Gomez? I'd argue he's still very much first choice.

Contrary to what many think, he's also a top defender.
Gomez has 13 premier league starts. Lovren has 7. If it wasnt for that injury Gomez starts at least 3 more matches. As soon as you put Gomez on a football pitch it's apparent he's a different class to Lovren. Not sure what you're talking about to be honest.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Lovren's decent when he's not the senior defender, which he has been up until VVD's arrival. VVD has taken the pressure off him a fair bit. It's why he's still prone to being crap for Croatia, because he's supposed to be the defensive leader with them.
He's pretty good for Croatia. I wouldn't call him one of the best CBs around but he's one of the better centre halves in the PL.

Gomez has 13 premier league starts. Lovren has 7. If it wasnt for that injury Gomez starts at least 3 more matches. As soon as you put Gomez on a football pitch it's apparent he's a different class to Lovren. Not sure what you're talking about to be honest.
I worded that wrong. Gomez has often been moved to right back when both players have been fit - the Everton & Man City games being two examples.

I prefer Gomez, but it's fair to say that him and Lovren are more or less neck and neck when it comes to being first choice for the spot alongside VVD.

X0X Tan

Supports
Brasil
About media love Liverpool I guess it's purely because of klopp, they prefer klopp press conference to mourinho pressed conference, one treat them like a friend the other treat them like you killed my mother enemy.

Sgt.Major

We need an update on that boost-boom cycle graph, just push the high edge to May, then let it plummet from the cliff. That would be even better scenario.

Beagle

Jinxes don't seem to be working. Someone has to step up and slip up big time.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Hasn't Lovren started more PL games than Gomez? I'd argue he's still very much first choice.

Contrary to what many think, he's also a top defender.
Gomez is clearly 1st choice by now.

Gomez is a top defender. If anything he's shown what Lovren does not do to qualify as one. Besides the ricks where we've been lucky not to concede lately, he simply doesn't get to the same interventions as gomez and vvd do.

He's fine as 3rd choice, but we'd have conceded more with him as 1st choice

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The most people claiming Liverpool champions in January are mancs though. Is it that terrifying a thought? If it happens it’s not like when Lfc ruled world football like no one else did before or since back in the glory years. No team can ever or has ever come close to that. Too many teams with wealth for that to happen. Lots of matches left. So get off the ledge and enjoy the spectacle.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
I don't see us winning anything, really... We're already facing major disturbances in the dressing room with one of our best players upset at Klopp :(
That's bad timing with an unsettled dressingroom before the big matches coming up. Arsenal and City will will smell blood now.

Tottenham has some very winnable fixtures coming up, and City will eventually get back to blowing teams away. And now that Man United have got their swagger back, we can soon find ourselves in a dogfight for 4th with them.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
That's bad timing with an unsettled dressingroom before the big matches coming up. Arsenal and City will will smell blood now.

Tottenham has some very winnable fixtures coming up, and City will eventually get back to blowing teams away. And now that Man United have got their swagger back, we can soon find ourselves in a dogfight for 4th with them.
And that's if we're lucky! We might even miss out on Europa league footy if this dressing room drama involving our best defender isn't sorted any time soon.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I bet we won't sign anyone in January, and if we do, they'll be terrible :(

(Psst, who are we going to sign in January?)

Wulfric

Supports
Liverpool
Don't want to jinx it but I think if we manage to win the next two against arsenal and city, we got a good chance of getting a top 4 spot :(

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This would be a big boost. He suffered a freakishly horrific injury last season against Roma.

vidic blood & sand

Ok this is a gut wrenching choice boys, you have to pick 1 or 2.

1 Liverpool win the league and we get top 4.

Or

2 Liverpool blow it, but we finish outside top 4.

I gotta go 2. Sorry.

Mike 777

Supports
Liverpool

Or

I gotta go 2. Sorry.
I don't believe you.If you were an Evertonian, I would though.;)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It still City's to lose. Best squad, manager. Won it before etc etc
How is it City's to lose when you're 7 points clear. They may well still do it (I'm certainly not on the 'title is over' bandwagon) but it's clear Liverpool's title to lose now, you are in a commanding position.

You aren't the plucky underdog any longer (never were this season, having spent a small fortune on players) and the pressure is on.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool

Or

I gotta go 2. Sorry.
I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to full-on fandom, but wanting anything but the best situation for your club just seems like the antithesis of what being a fan is about, no? Surely success for your club comes before a disdain for another?

el3mel

Or

I gotta go 2. Sorry.
We had a similar vote last year and people wanted us to lose Fa Cup and Liverpool to lose CL than us and them winning. It won't be any different but I think the worst will happen with us out of top 4 and they winning the league.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This would be a big boost. He suffered a freakishly horrific injury last season against Roma.

I am extremely wary of this though. I can't remember a player that came back "ahead of schedule" of a knee injury and didn't injure himself again or isn't anywhere near ready when he comes in.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The most people claiming Liverpool champions in January are mancs though. Is it that terrifying a thought? If it happens it’s not like when Lfc ruled world football like no one else did before or since back in the glory years. No team can ever or has ever come close to that. Too many teams with wealth for that to happen. Lots of matches left. So get off the ledge and enjoy the spectacle.
When is the open-top bus parade?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Or

I gotta go 2. Sorry.
Seriously? You'd prefer to miss out on Champions League just to prevent Liverpool from winning?

I really can't wrap my head around the idea of hating another team more than you love your own.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Seriously? You'd prefer to miss out on Champions League just to prevent Liverpool from winning?

I really can't wrap my head around the idea of hating another team more than you love your own.
He doesn't. If it was 'United win CL and Liverpool win league' I'm guessing he would go for that option.

Top 4 isn't that important to United. It matters sure, but they're proven to be able to attract players without it, and have tons of money anyway. Liverpool winning the league is a far bigger deal than United getting fourth, it would be your first in a feck load of time and the hype and media wankfest would go on for a long while.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
He doesn't. If it was 'United win CL and Liverpool win league' I'm guessing he would go for that option.

Top 4 isn't that important to United. It matters sure, but they're proven to be able to attract players without it, and have tons of money anyway. Liverpool winning the league is a far bigger deal than United getting fourth, it would be your first in a feck load of time and the hype and media wankfest would go on for a long while.
Well, chances of winning the CL are seriously hampered if they don't qualify.

And while it may not matter much from a financial perspective, I do think some players would think twice before joining a team out of the CL and with a new manager. Unless of course the bastards snatch up Pochettino or Allegri. Could be wrong, though. But most importantly, I just find it weird that a fan of United would prefer not seeing his team in the Champions League over Liverpool winning.

Maybe I'm just too old to understand it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

But in this scenario, Liverpool still ends 30 years of pain and suffering. That's just unacceptable.

This works - United win the league, Liverpool win the CL, the FA Cup, the LC and the Community Shield.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Well, chances of winning the CL are seriously hampered if they don't qualify.

And while it may not matter much from a financial perspective, I do think some players would think twice before joining a team out of the CL and with a new manager. Unless of course the bastards snatch up Pochettino or Allegri. Could be wrong, though. But most importantly, I just find it weird that a fan of United would prefer not seeing his team in the Champions League over Liverpool winning.

Maybe I'm just too old to understand it.
Sure, but United aren't that likely to win the CL next year anyhow.

Some players maybe, but United can attract elite level players/managers without Europe, because they're an elite club who can still pay ridiculous wages/transfer fees. Liverpool winning the league would be huge for United fans, rivalry is a big part of being a football fan so it's not weird to me, what is football without a bit of healthy tribalism? If you don't despise your biggest rivals it's nowhere near as much fun.

Honestly, top 4 for United is no big deal, whereas Liverpool winning the league would be huge. It's as simple as that for me.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Sure, but United aren't that likely to win the CL next year anyhow.

Some players maybe, but United can attract elite level players/managers without Europe, because they're an elite club who can still pay ridiculous wages/transfer fees. Liverpool winning the league would be huge for United fans, rivalry is a big part of being a football fan so it's not weird to me, what is football without a bit of healthy tribalism? If you don't despise your biggest rivals it's nowhere near as much fun.

Honestly, top 4 for United is no big deal, whereas Liverpool winning the league would be huge. It's as simple as that for me.
Fair enough. And I get that we’re rivals and would certainly enjoy it if they remained as mediocre as they’ve been this season, but Champions League is special and I wouldn’t take missing out over United winning the league. An FA Cup or League Cup on the other hand..

All that being said, perhaps I’d feel different if the the situation was reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.