Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentP

Liverpool typically have a terrible run under Klopp during January and February. If they get through these months with their lead intact, the title is theirs.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
You remember the wank fest from that year? :)
Don't think you can compared then and now. I don't think there's a conspiracy but it does seem media is desperate for Liverpool to win it.
They really are. Bloody scouse pundits are everywhere. Even since we got rid of Mourinho we have nonsense spouted by Merson and Holt and others about us being a disgrace and classless and embarrassing. Liverpool have very favourable press coverage. Deservedly so right now, as it happens. But there is no equivalence at play.
This victim mentality many go on about.

Yeah, about that....

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I'm surprised at how nobody has ever talked about the fact that Klopp has 200 IQ. It's one of the main factors that They are now Premier League winners. The closest person was Brendan Rodgers (189 IQ).

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool typically have a terrible run under Klopp during January and February. If they get through these months with their lead intact, the title is theirs.
Last season we played 7 Premier League matches throughout January and February. We won 5 of them including at home to City. We drew at home to Spurs and we lost once to Swansea.
The year before was pretty bad but you can't say we're typically rubbish in those months under Klopp as we've only had three and done really well last time

Last edited:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
We've got a few (very) minor advantages this season. Both City & Spurs are in the league cup, so that's an extra 2 fixtures each. Plus they play each other not long before the end of the season, while our run-in is comparatively simple.

I'm starting to believe a lil bit.

Craig Ward

Liverpool are looking strong, I wouldn't rule city out just yet.

Liverpool will have a bad spell and if city make up ground, they'll have the momentum.

Plus Liverpool have a history of bottling it.

City have been undone 2 games running, very rare. Also you cannot account for conceding goals like Townsends. City will go on a run from here.

One thing I do like about Liverpool is the impact the subs have. Shaqiri, Fabinho etc all seem to come on and make an impression. A real togetherness at that club

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Don’t get me wrong, I think they are doing fantastically well and look really good but we’ve seen big point leads cut before. When European football starts again, it will get interesting.
Exactly. There's still 57 points to play for so anything can happen between now & May. I can fully understand the jinxing frenzy that's going on here, but anyone who actually believes that the title race is done & dusted needs to give their head a wobble.

Centenary Boy

Supports
Liverpool
They really are. Bloody scouse pundits are everywhere. Even since we got rid of Mourinho we have nonsense spouted by Merson and Holt and others about us being a disgrace and classless and embarrassing. Liverpool have very favourable press coverage. Deservedly so right now, as it happens. But there is no equivalence at play.
Balls. Liverpool are getting good press because they're top of the league and playing well. Look at the favourable coverage United are getting now that Mourinho's gone and Solskjaer's in charge. The press like good stories. Liverpool winning the league after nearly thirty years would be a great story. Former United hero making the club successful again would also be a great story.

Big clubs tend to get good coverage because they've got a lot of fans and therefore potential readers/listeners/viewers. The media have fawned all over United for generations. I sometimes think Ferguson's greatest achievement (apart from all the bloody titles, of course) was convincing United they were somehow the plucky outsiders, the mavericks that the establishment hated, when they are in fact the most establishment club of all.

Last edited by a moderator:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Credit to Henderson. After spending most of the season passing it back to the centrebacks and hiding in marked positions in the centre circle, he's sprung to life again in the past 4-5 games. Energetic, aggressive forward passing, even brushing off pressure on the ball which I don't think he's done for 2 years.

In this kind of form he's an excellent player.

ekestubbe

This is an absurd post. So many man united fans appear to be rooting for Liverpool and even congratulating them for the title already... as if they know nothing about football.

OldSchoolManc

It seems the EPL chiefs are doing all they can to help them.
Salah gets off Scott free for diving and winning penalties.
The amount of times Milner should have been sent off this season too...
Then the ball going out of play versus Everton before the goalie claws it back to Salah - in the 96th minute when there were only 5 minutes added...

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Then the ball going out of play versus Everton before the goalie claws it back to Salah - in the 96th minute when there were only 5 minutes added...
The ball didn't go out of play and it was a minimum of 5 minutes extra. One of the Everton players stayed down for ages in stoppage time which is where the extra couple of minutes came from

nePhantom

Supports
Liverpool
Did you watch that game? This post makes it seem unlikely

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
You forgot, they've had all home games after CL matches and the the most spread out Christmas fixtures too. I think they've had every single big decision go for them this season as well, except one offside goal v Arsenal.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Our defensive numbers since Van Dijk's arrival.

Not sure if that's entirely down to him or a change from Klopp in his approach though. Things were already changing after Spurs beat us 4-1 last season.

redman5

Our defensive numbers since Van Dijk's arrival.

Not sure if that's entirely down to him or a change from Klopp in his approach though. Things were already changing after Spurs beat us 4-1 last season.
This is very true. After that defeat by Spurs - which was the 9th game iirc - our defensive record after that was on par with the other top 4 clubs. Still didn't stop people just looking at our total goals conceded for the season & coming up with the lazy assumption that our defence was crap. Signing Alisson has made us even stronger in that department.

redman5

Remember when you used to laugh at other fans when they claimed that the powers that be would bend over backwards to help United & Ferguson.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
biggest difference imo is personnel. 1st half of last season, we had Mignolet, TAA, Lovren/Klavan, Matip and Moreno as our regular starters.

Now it's Alisson, TAA, Gomez, VVD and Robertson. A wholly different calibre.

Snash93

Supports
Liverpool
If United fans had the chance of gaining a Champions League spot for next season at the expense of Man City who go to Europa with Liverpool winning the Premier League, would you take it?

Coops73

Sadly I think these cnuts are going to win it this year, I’d rather Spurs but I think realistically their nearest challenge will be from City and as much as I hate to say it, I would rather it be them.

3KDré

If United fans had the chance of gaining a Champions League spot for next season at the expense of Man City who go to Europa with Liverpool winning the Premier League, would you take it?
No. Would rather we lose out on CL than you winning the league.

TysonFury

Liverpool have won it. I’m not a fan of false hope. Everything has gone their way this season. The amount of luck they have had is astounding.

That pickford mistake changed it all IMO, it gave them that boost and confidence.

It’s going to be insufferable when they win it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBurner

Why is nobody talking about how Van dijk is the best defender to ever grace the premier league? He hasn’t won any league yet but due to his ability to keep clean sheets he is in fact, without a doubt the best defender in the history of the premier league. They will win the league by a comfortable 35 points.

Flanders Devil

Sadly I think these cnuts are going to win it this year, I’d rather Spurs but I think realistically their nearest challenge will be from City and as much as I hate to say it, I would rather it be them.
Coops, this is pretty much how I’m feeling at the moment. It’s just a case of lesser of two (massive) evils. Not really sure which is worse, so I’m cheering hard for Tottenham!

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I don’t care if they win the league tomorrow. They’ve not won a thing yet and until they do, this thread should read; what if Liverpool win the PL title 2019?.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
biggest difference imo is personnel. 1st half of last season, we had Mignolet, TAA, Lovren/Klavan, Matip and Moreno as our regular starters.

Now it's Alisson, TAA, Gomez, VVD and Robertson. A wholly different calibre.
Hasn't Lovren started more PL games than Gomez? I'd argue he's still very much first choice.

Contrary to what many think, he's also a top defender.

Imran Mamdani

This is a shambles. 1. They are our arch-rivals 2. The league is not over yet 3. so what?

why are we glorying the fecking scousers in a Utd supporters forum anyway???

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Hasn't Lovren started more PL games than Gomez? I'd argue he's still very much first choice.

Contrary to what many think, he's also a top defender.
Lovren's decent when he's not the senior defender, which he has been up until VVD's arrival. VVD has taken the pressure off him a fair bit. It's why he's still prone to being crap for Croatia, because he's supposed to be the defensive leader with them.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
All I care about is the next game: Arsenal.

I don't think we have been THAT lucky. Our football has got us through. Our play is more balanced, our tactics a bit more unpredictable and goals from a variety of positions and sources.

vkd

Supports
liverpool
This is a shambles. 1. They are our arch-rivals 2. The league is not over yet 3. so what?

why are we glorying the fecking scousers in a Utd supporters forum anyway???
You're new to this forum thing aren't ya? It has now come to jinx thread names.

Good thing that noodle has already demolished city on his own earlier in November :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.