g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRM

Congratulations to Liverpool and Jürgen Klopp on winning the league.

Ban

When they eventually win it, what do you all reckon how long will media wank fest go for?

montpelier

that the wankfest might start as early as Jan 3rd is a worry atm

City could really do with winning that game

DRM

Congratulations to Liverpool and Jürgen Klopp on winning the league.

Alabaster Codify7

Its gonna be the fecking pits.
It's going to be the club version of England winning a WC (for anyone who isn't English, living in the UK).

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Yeah, i'm thinking the same thing. I've full accepted and made peace with the fact that Liverpool will win the title, it'll hurt like hell but acceptance is the first step. If, however, they somehow manage to make a balls of it, it will be almost as hilarious as 2014, not quite as funny because they don't have slippy g anymore, but still pretty darn hilarious
City need to beat them, just give them a wobble then who knows.

Mike 777

Supports
Liverpool
One reason I really like the redcafe is the quality of the banter.

On behalf of all Liverpool fans world-wide ,I can only say. May all your wishes come true.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Might be possible that 90 points won't be enough to wine the title this year.

About 2 weeks ago I predicted that city would win the title and T'ham/Chelsea/Arsenal would fight for the CL spots. Suddenly it looks all different and even Utd might have a crazy run to secure 4th.

I wouldn't give Kloppo the title yet but i wouldn't begrudge (hope that's the correct english saying) him if he does.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
40 years ago today I was at OT watching us beat United 3-0. It was the season we coasted to the league title & only conceded 16 goals in 42 games. Played some good football too. So I'm gonna stick my neck out & say that we've got a decent chance of finishing in the top 4 this season.

There. I've said it.

Centenary Boy

Supports
Liverpool
When they eventually win it, what do you all reckon how long will media wank fest go for?
No longer than it did when you lot finally won the league under Ferguson. The idea that the media collectively love Liverpool and hate United is bollocks on toast, quite frankly. We're both big clubs and we both get a fairly sympathetic press. If Liverpool do win the league - and there's many a slip betwixt cup and lip - it'll be a good story for the press. 'Big club with huge fanbase finally wins the league after a long time' is a good story, no matter what the circumstances. It was in 1993, it would be in 2019.

No doubt you'd hate it. I fecking loathed it when you did it in the 90s, but there's no media conspiracy at play.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I remember people laughing at klopp. Better than Mourinho in the modern times of football. That is of course not much of an achievement.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Is Mo Salah a member of the Egyptian Olympic Diving team ?

MouChou

3 things why I don't see Spurs beating then to the title:

1. Liverpool have already a 6 points lead. Not much with all the game remaining but their form has to take a big dive and Spurs need to be very consistent, for that to happen.

2. The game they played against each other, earlier this season, Spurs were totally outplayed by them and lucky to get away not conceding 4 or more goals. And that was away from anfield, were Liverpool are almost unbeatable.

3. People often forget but Klopp actually has experience in title challenges and actually winning them (2 times). On the other hand Poch for all his remarkable work is still yet to win one, at any of his clubs. Klopp knows how to keep things calm in situations like this when pressure is bulking up gradually more and more, so that his team remains focused until the end.

Man City would've been the only team to stop them this season but they wont, cause pep is a Pep Guardiola is my idol and he crumbles under pressure and that mentality has transmited to his players. They wont win against Liverpool on January 3rd, that is as clear as fraudiolas bald head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snash93

Supports
Liverpool
Long way to go, City have great depth in the team and if Van Dyke gets injured, people will expect our defence to falter.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Worst case scenario: Scousers win the league and the media has a orgy over them and become unbearable.

Best case scenario: They choke (yet again) and it becomes comedy gold for years to come.

Only time will tell.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Currently on course for 102 points.

I can see them finishing on 95 points so in that scenario Spurs and Man. City could only afford to drop 6 more points each (and they play each other so could easily drop 2 each).

Of course premier league dosen't work like that but the reality is they've got most of their tough away fixtures out of the way and after Man. City their hardest fixtures will be at Anfield (think they'll get a draw at least at Old Trafford).

Of course it was like this in 2014.....

Only difference in that season is weren't they 3rd or 4th at xmas and then came in with an amazing run that got them up to 1st. Different this time, it;s certainly their title to lose.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This was the situation in 2013 btw:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25442148

They lost 2-1 away to Chelsea next game aswell btw (Man. United beat Norwich 1-0 so were only two points off Liverpool at that stage).

Could be EIGHTEEN points better off than in 13/14 if they beat Arsenal......actually for some reason premier league played game less back in 13/14 by time we got to Boxing day.

TheGame

Good god, some of the crap in this thread that they have won the league already! We are at the half way point, still a long way to go plus CL coming up. They have done well but still a long way to go yet.

Ban

No longer than it did when you lot finally won the league under Ferguson. The idea that the media collectively love Liverpool and hate United is bollocks on toast, quite frankly. We're both big clubs and we both get a fairly sympathetic press. If Liverpool do win the league - and there's many a slip betwixt cup and lip - it'll be a good story for the press. 'Big club with huge fanbase finally wins the league after a long time' is a good story, no matter what the circumstances. It was in 1993, it would be in 2019.

No doubt you'd hate it. I fecking loathed it when you did it in the 90s, but there's no media conspiracy at play.
You remember the wank fest from that year? :)
Don't think you can compared then and now. I don't think there's a conspiracy but it does seem media is desperate for Liverpool to win it.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Good god, some of the crap in this thread that they have won the league already! We are at the half way point, still a long way to go plus CL coming up. They have done well but still a long way to go yet.
We're still only slight favourites with the bookies (4/5). & if the greatest team in the universe (City) can lose 3 league games out of 4, I'm pretty sure it could happen to us at some point in the season. Far bigger leads than 6 points have been squandered before. Especially as we're only at the half-way stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.