Liverpool 2021/2022

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea were on top and better till that red card. Their defense is past its peak, and that includes Van Dijk. Similarly, Gini in midfield is a big loss, as he did his defensive duty very well. Keita/Ox aren't a match....
Maybe you should watch a little more closely. Our defense hasn’t hit it’s peak yet. TAAs form is back. VVD is back to his best. Matip is playing the best football he’s ever played. Roberston will get back to his best and his backup is very competent. Out goalie is world class as well. It all starts from the back with play and confidence and that’s why we look good and are getting better each match. Because of our starting 11 and our coaching we are beating teams we are supposed to beat unlike some other teams.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Maybe you should watch a little more closely. Our defense hasn’t hit it’s peak yet. TAAs form is back. VVD is back to his best. Matip is playing the best football he’s ever played. Roberston will get back to his best and his backup is very competent. Out goalie is world class as well. It all starts from the back with play and confidence and that’s why we look good and are getting better each match. Because of our starting 11 and our coaching we are beating teams we are supposed to beat unlike some other teams.
Bro.. Ouch! :(

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Bro.. Ouch! :(
:lol: I'm sure that's not aimed at you. It's for the other lunatics that roam this General Football asylum.

Yesterday showed that CL football is not something to be taken lightly. I was initially hoping 3 or 4 players would be rested but now I just want the three points in our group of death.

Zlatan being injured is huge. Even if he's crap for 91 minutes he'd score a wonder goal from the half way line or something. Or two.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
:lol: I'm sure that's not aimed at you. It's for the other lunatics that roam this General Football asylum.

Yesterday showed that CL football is not something to be taken lightly. I was initially hoping 3 or 4 players would be rested but now I just want the three points in our group of death.

Zlatan being injured is huge. Even if he's crap for 91 minutes he'd score a wonder goal from the half way line or something. Or two.
Haha ya.. knew it wasn't meant for me. Was a good carpet bombing that. :lol: God damn AWB! man I can't wait klopp to leave you guys :devil:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Haha ya.. knew it wasn't meant for me. Was a good carpet bombing that. :lol: God damn AWB! man I can't wait klopp to leave you guys :devil:
Nah not aimed at you but the name of the team you lost to is too much to resist. Anyway today is one of the marquee matches just because of who’s in it between Liverpool and Milan ( a proper name). It is a team we should be beating and without Zlatan I would expect nothing less. I’m really hoping we are starting a strong team however as Kloop in the past has sometimes underestimated teams we are better than.

ariveded

I told you so! That's what I describe LFC today and this season overall.

The hype is more than substance. Their midfield is problematic, and like Utd taken apart by LFC. LFC can be taken apart by a confident team & manager. Their struggles of last season is not addressed at all, and for me, they are not the title favorites. It's Chelsea & Man City

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

The hype is more than substance. Their midfield is problematic, and like Utd taken apart by LFC. LFC can be taken apart by a confident team & manager. Their struggles of last season is not addressed at all, and for me, they are not the title favorites. It's Chelsea & Man City
City lost at home to Palace today. Chelsea are the current favourites but we’re not that far behind. They’re much more solid than we are but we have more goals in us. You’d probably back a strong defence in a title race over a strong attack (not that Chelsea’s is bad).

We need to get rid of Chamberlain. Does my head in every time he plays. Complete passenger.

ariveded

City lost at home to Palace today. Chelsea are the current favourites but we’re not that far behind. They’re much more solid than we are but we have more goals in us. You’d probably back a strong defence in a title race over a strong attack (not that Chelsea’s is bad).

We need to get rid of Chamberlain. Does my head in every time he plays. Complete passenger.
The same could be said about the other midfielders today, including Hendo. All of them are relatively weak defensive. Fabinho is so crucial to the team and system.

And City and red card is a different story. They cannot be written off...

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
The same could be said about the other midfielders today, including Hendo. All of them are relatively weak defensive. Fabinho is so crucial to the team and system.

And City and red card is a different story. They cannot be written off...
Neither can we. It’s 10 games in.

ariveded

Neither can we. It’s 10 games in.
For sure, I will be wrong to write LFC off.

Yet, Chelsea and City are not at their peak totally , and new signings can get better. That's their competitive advantage over LFC. As LFC peak is already there where some of them are still at the peak, and some are off it. And LFC don't have any new signings/squad depth to work things around on their off days.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
For sure, I will be wrong to write LFC off.

Yet, Chelsea and City are not at their peak totally , and new signings can get better. That's their competitive advantage over LFC. As LFC peak is already there where some of them are still at the peak, and some are off it. And LFC don't have any new signings/squad depth to work things around on their off days.
But in terms of squad strength we’re not at our peak. We were without Elliott, Milner, Fabinho & Thiago today, then lost Keita after 20 minutes. It’s no secret that injuries impact us, especially when they’re concentrated in one area of the pitch like that. Squad depth is irrelevant if you lose players all at once in one position.

Regardless though we weren’t good today. We’ll need to play better against Atletico on Wednesday

Relevant

Brighton looked excellent yesterday, for my mind deserved all 3 points.

Dunno about the hype though.....isn't that the dippers unbeaten in 24 games in all comps?

I wish our 'struggles' were of a similar nature ...

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Brighton looked excellent yesterday, for my mind deserved all 3 points.

Dunno about the hype though.....isn't that the dippers unbeaten in 24 games in all comps?

I wish our 'struggles' were of a similar nature ...
Yeah, not beating Brighton isn't really a sign of weakness right now. Not a sign of great strength either of course, but Brighton aren't pushovers.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Doesn't sound good.

cyberman

Liverpool have been terrible this Season but they have beaten Utd plot armour so it isn’t mentioned

Zen

Looks like aggressively targeting the TAA side really gets to them.... unsurprisingly. Obviously won't all always work, and needs serious workers to do it.

But heres the WHU heatmap today

Not massively dissimilar to Brentford/Brighton, but far more aggressive.

Wing Attack Plan R

Klopp is the biggest non-signing blunder we've had since Fergie retired. All the other on and off field shit, all the other bad player transfers, players not signed, managers signed or not - whatever you can think of - pales in comparison to allowing Klopp to join Liverpool.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool have been terrible this Season but they have beaten Utd plot armour so it isn’t mentioned
No we haven’t. We’ve got the highest expected goals for in the league. Even today we had 70% possession and more chances than West Ham did.

We’re playing a very open brand of football which has left us lacking control over games at times. We’ve been the best in the league going forward so far. We’re not as good as we were two/three years ago defensively though.

There’s no comparison between our performances and yours.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Michael Edwards stepping down as Liverpool sporting director at the end of the season.

How influential was he at the club? Will Liverpool be impacted?
He’s been very influential in terms of getting transfers done. I think he’ll be sorely missed but how much so depends on his replacement and how well they perform.

gajender

Michael Edwards stepping down as Liverpool sporting director at the end of the season.

How influential was he at the club? Will Liverpool be impacted?
I think it's hard to judge his impact honestly it's not as if he was Liverpool's sporting director for long and them bring super succesful under different mangers , everything took off once Klopp got hang of things at Liverpool . It may very well be the case of everyone basking in reflected glory of having a great manager at helm or maybe I am wrong and it was him who was instrumental and main man responsible for Liverpool's Renaissance all along but I highly doubt it.

norm87cro

Their games are much more enjoyable and high paced than the dross Pep serves us every week. That is coming from a neutral perspective. Since most of us are not neutrals regarding the Dippers I am very pleased they have defensive issues and are dropping points. Long may it last

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Jota was great but Alisson was magnificent. Southampton really should have had a goal or two to keep us nervous. But Alisson was there yet again. Best keeper in the world. As good a goal blocker as De Gea and Mendy but hugely better with his passing.

Josh 76

One thing about Liverpool and the the other two teams is the way the respond after a defeat. It seems they go on to another level.

Will be a great title race which will go down to the wire. Only thing that may stop Liverpool is the squad depth. But they almost won the PL and CL double with playing almost the same 11 every week a few seasons ago.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's been a positive surprise to see how we've rejuvenated our attack this season. We create loads of chances every game.

Konate looks like he needs a full season of bedding in before he's ready for prime time. He's my 4th choice as it is.

A great 4th choice to have noget doubt but I think the best answer to our defensive issued is Gomez fit and in form. Him, Virgil and Alisson together have been the formula for our best defensive runs in the past.

Matip is a top player and has a more reliable bottom ceiling than Gomez but defensively his top level is just a notch below Gomez' top level.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I liked the team they put out yesterday, only saw the highlights due to watching Swansea but I like the midfield trio of Henderson Fabinho and Thiago, the front three and the defensive line also obviously very good. Another Jota signing would be great for them due to the age of their forwards, it's just tricky when you have a great established front line because players will know it'll be a challenge to displace them. 4 for 3 isn't too bad gametime wise, but more than that becomes trickier (city aside). Shame Elliott got that bad injury, as while he was playing in midfield he spent most of last season in the front line, albeit in a different role to the usual Liverpool forwards.

Redlyn

4 for 3 isn't too bad gametime wise, but more than that becomes trickier (city aside).
I think 4 for 3 is an absolute minimum for any club and for a big one in multiple competitions 5 for 3 is preferable for availability, subs and tactical flexibility. They would still get about 25 apps minimum each if they are all fit for purpose.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
It's been a positive surprise to see how we've rejuvenated our attack this season. We create loads of chances every game.

Konate looks like he needs a full season of bedding in before he's ready for prime time. He's my 4th choice as it is.

A great 4th choice to have noget doubt but I think the best answer to our defensive issued is Gomez fit and in form. Him, Virgil and Alisson together have been the formula for our best defensive runs in the past.

Matip is a top player and has a more reliable bottom ceiling than Gomez but defensively his top level is just a notch below Gomez' top level.
This is one for the Football Cliches Adjudication Panel.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This is one for the Football Cliches Adjudication Panel.
I stand by it. Gomez off form is not great, certainly worse than Matip. And he can have bad spells, whereas Matip tends to just have the odd bad game.

Gomez in form is a sumptuous player though and a recipe for clean sheets.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think 4 for 3 is an absolute minimum for any club and for a big one in multiple competitions 5 for 3 is preferable for availability, subs and tactical flexibility. They would still get about 25 apps minimum each if they are all fit for purpose.
Aye you’re not wrong, just a little foreboding for potential incomers with how good and rarely injured their competition for places would be. Still with their respective ages I’m sure Liverpool have a plan, and they have a few misfielders
Who can also play up there, albeit with a different approach.