Liverpool and the Quadruple

Bestietom

Nah. City will win Champions League this year, and Premiership. They even have chance to do Treble like we did. Yet there is no talk of this.

Steve Bruce

Nah. City will win Champions League this year, and Premiership. They even have chance to do Treble like we did. Yet there is no talk of this.
Of course not because Liverpool are the best team ever.........apparently

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
City are for sure winning the treble this year.

Elcabron

Pool have essentially been handed a bye from the group stages of the CL straight into the final. Benfica, their quarter final opponents were so shit that pool could afford to field a second string team allowing them to rest the team ahead of this weekends game.

Their semi final opponents are so shit that United did the double over them earlier this season (have we done the double over any other team this season?). How in the name of Christ, out of the five teams that are capable of winning it, did four of them end up on the other side of the QF draw to Liverpool.....you couldn't make it up.

Pool could do quadruple and city could do treble while we could do Europa conference....has there ever been a worse season?

Steve Bruce

Pool have essentially been handed a bye from the group stages of the CL straight into the final. Benfica, their quarter final opponents were so shit that pool could afford to field a second string team allowing them to rest the team ahead of this weekends game.

Their semi final opponents are so shit that United did the double over them earlier this season (have we done the double over any other team this season?). How in the name of Christ, out of the five teams that are capable of winning it, did four of them end up on the other side of the QF draw to Liverpool.....you couldn't make it up.

Pool could do quadruple and city could do treble while we could do Europa conference....has there ever been a worse season?
We did get relegated

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Best case scenario? Tuchel snatches the fa cup , city walk the league and if neither Vilareal or real did the job Liverpool beat city in the final a rather realistic possibility.
Still the most horrible season post Fergie but it could be worse.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Two key reasons for this emerging narrative which are linked.

1. Aside from United, Liverpool drive more traffic than any other PL team. Way more than City who are relatively small players when enticing online interest. Rory Smith discussed this on a recent podcast - neutrals click on United and Liverpool stories as well as the big fanbases both clubs have; City don’t hold the same intrigue by comparison. The media need to pay the bills.

2. City’s accomplishments aren’t regarded equivalent to that of clubs who haven’t had such financial backing. Although wealthy, United’s 1999 treble was still seen as a superhuman feat. Such superlatives wouldn’t be attributed to a side with City’s recent history. Their achievements have a clinical and anodyne feel to them. Liverpool are the better story up until the point that a quadruple isn’t possible.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Didn't know that City was playing Liverpool in the FA semis.

Hopefully this can end there even though City are not the best knock out competition type team.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Somewhere in London, Viera is sitting in his armchair slowly swirling his glass of brandy. He lets out a little guffaw, then returns to his thoughts.
I asked the almighty how he felt about Liverpool cleaning how this year, and this was his response:

I'm gon' be furious if these twats do the quad, dude.

My retribution will be... unforgiving.
I don't quite know what "unforgiving" entails, but I'm assuming nothing good?

Josh 76

Best case scenario? Tuchel snatches the fa cup , city walk the league and if neither Vilareal or real did the job Liverpool beat city in the final a rather realistic possibility.
Still the most horrible season post Fergie but it could be worse.
Sweetest case scenario
Chelsea beat Liverpool on pens in fa cup

Real beat Liverpool on pens in CL

City pip Liverpool to title with last min goal on final day of season.

youmeletsfly

As long as City don't win the UCL, I don't matter what happens.
I' happily survive Liverpool wining them all rather than City winning the UCL and rambling about "we have arrived to the big table now".

There's something intriguingly funny about them spending a shit ton of money and not being able to win a Champions League and I want that to continue on and on.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Please cry more. We played the favourite for the Serie A title in the Round of 16, doubt you'll have seen any of those games but we were second best for some periods of both games.

Our semi-final opponents are so shit that they beat United in a European final last year, and have strengthened since. So shit that Bayern failed to beat them even once over two games home and away. Of course they don't have the stature of any of the other remaining teams but not our fault that Bayern shit the bed. Again, do your job and you might get an easy draw once in a while - Utd could have too in the QFs had they beaten Atlético.

Yes, we had an easy QF and favourable semi-final draw. But we would literally be favourites against any other team in the competition, in any possible round - that includes City if you remember how Pep generally shits the bed in the Champions League. If we get to the final, it's because we're one of the strongest teams in Europe and not because we fluked it. We also got 18 out of 18 points in a so-called group of death CL group stage.

tomaldinho1

Chelsea - FA Cup
Man City - PL
Real Madrid - CL
I can’t see City not winning the PL and at least one cup.

I’d love to believe Real can knock them out but I just can’t see it, Chelsea have been all over the shop form wise and they made them look ordinary. Maybe if Walker is out, Foden is out, KDB is out etc.

Best case scenario is Palace FA cup, Villarreal CL and if it has to be one of them, City for the PL.

Elcabron

Please cry more. We played the favourite for the Serie A title in the Round of 16, doubt you'll have seen any of those games but we were second best for some periods of both games.

Our semi-final opponents are so shit that they beat United in a European final last year, and have strengthened since. So shit that Bayern failed to beat them even once over two games home and away. Of course they don't have the stature of any of the other remaining teams but not our fault that Bayern shit the bed. Again, do your job and you might get an easy draw once in a while - Utd could have too in the QFs had they beaten Atlético.

Yes, we had an easy QF and favourable semi-final draw. But we would literally be favourites against any other team in the competition, in any possible round - that includes City if you remember how Pep generally shits the bed in the Champions League. If we get to the final, it's because we're one of the strongest teams in Europe and not because we fluked it. We also got 18 out of 18 points in a so-called group of death CL group stage.
I'm mostly just having a moan. Pool are at least the second best team in Europe and if it weren't for the corruption over at the emptyhad you would be the best, much and all as it pains me to admit it.

I usually tend to have a moan when I think about Liverpool's luck in Europe and how in 4 of your CL wins you faced the might of Borussia Munchengladback, European heavyweights Brugge, Roma and 'lads it's Spurs'........you poxy cnuts.

Way back when we were good, we had the luck of course of facing prime Barca and some very good Bayern and Real teams.

Anyway back to this season, yes you were blessed with the draws and of course you could well have beaten any of the teams left, from a united fan perspective however it would have been nice to see you have half decent opposition - your semi final opponents is 20/1 to win it now despite being in the last 4 i.e the bookies, along with myself, think they have no chance.

Reactions: Cheimoon

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm mostly just having a moan. Pool are at least the second best team in Europe and if it weren't for the corruption over at the emptyhad you would be the best, much and all as it pains me to admit it.

I usually tend to have a moan when I think about Liverpool's luck in Europe and how in 4 of your CL wins you faced the might of Borussia Munchengladback, European heavyweights Brugge, Roma and 'lads it's Spurs'........you poxy cnuts.

Way back when we were good, we had the luck of course of facing prime Barca and some very good Bayern and Real teams.

Anyway back to this season, yes you were blessed with the draws and of course you could well have beaten any of the teams left, from a united fan perspective however it would have been nice to see you have half decent opposition - your semi final opponents is 20/1 to win it now despite being in the last 4 i.e the bookies, along with myself, think they have no chance.
Fair enough all in all. You were very unlucky to come up against Barca in 09 and 11 yeah. Likewise in the league though, from a Liverpool POV I could moan about having to face the most consistent team in PL history or otherwise we would collect our number 21 this season.

always_hoping

Liverpool will win the PL and CL IMO, the FA Cup is the one doubt i'd have but with the City injuries the quadruple is looking all the more likely.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

We had to lose to real Madrid in the final first. And lose the league title by a point with 97 points before we could win it the next season. Its not luck to win it by being right up there again the year after.

If anything that was Fergusons speciality. He lost the title to some great teams but he made sure pick up the league title every time there wasn't an outstanding competitor.

Irwin99

One of the best case scenarios is that they split the trophies- two each. FA Cup and League Cup- Liverpool, League title and Champions league- City. I'm hoping Chelsea and Real Madrid have something to say about that though.

City have to win the champions league one day with the amount of money they've spent so it if it denies Liverpool then so be it.

Either side winning three or four trophies is a fecking nightmare though, especially with the state of our club at the moment.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We’re in fine margins territory now. The smallest mistake in any game could be the difference between winning that trophy and not.

I think we’ve got a decent chance of beating City on Saturday and I expect us to dispatch Villarreal over two legs. The league is a bigger ask because our fixtures are harder and City could win all of their remaining seven games.

We’re playing a lot of fixtures over the next 30-40 days.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Luck seems to be favouring Liverpool big time. The lucky CL draw has worked wonders for them. Resting the first team for the second leg last night, will surely make them favourites on Saturday, against a City team who have been through the trenches.

League cup won
FA cup final done
CL final done
PL
I can see Liverpool wining all their remaining league games. Can City ??

This is going to be very very close.
Not a chance. We are underdogs in every competition. How are we supposed to win them all.

The Dane

City can win the treble for all I care. I don’t know anyone who is a City fan whereas quite a few of my friends are Liverpool fans, and getting text messages from them every time they score is driving me crazy. It has gotten to the point where I am more interested in Liverpool losing than us winning, unfortunately everything that Klopp is touching turns into gold. Not a single player injured at this critical stage, and that despite both Sane and Salah playing in AFCON and later the WC qualifiers. The new signing Diaz hits the ground running and does not need at season to adjust to the PL.
I will cheer for Chelsea on Sunday if Liverpool win on Saturday because they have a chance of beating Liverpool which Crystal Palace do not, and for the same reason I want City to beat Real.

Josh 76

My football head going mad.

I want Westham to reach the Europa League final, because it’s 3 days after the Man City fixture, so hopefully they will rest players for the final and so City’s hardest fixture becomes one of their easiest!

Any thing to feck up this quadruple!

Beans

Supports
Neutral
As far as I’m concerned, the best team that isn’t City are the real winners each season. They should be embarrassed to celebrate winning the title, it’s the least you’d expect from a team that can’t fund its activities on its own dime and needs financial dope every year.

So congrats to Liverpool for being the best legitimate team this season in England.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
As far as I’m concerned, the best team that isn’t City are the real winners each season. They should be embarrassed to celebrate winning the title, it’s the least you’d expect from a team that can’t fund its activities on its own dime and needs financial dope every year.

So congrats to Liverpool for being the best legitimate team this season in England.
Who did you congratulate last season ?

::sonny::

Best club in England

They are fast in recruiting very good players at good price, great management

TheReligion

Abusive

Why you bumping this?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why are there numerous threads about us and the quad? Extra jinx?