g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Liverpool are a mess

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The big obstacle for them is the EL. Even if they don’t take it seriously they’re up against Spurs and Chelsea only playing one game a week and not constant dead times of 12/2pm on a Sunday for most of the season.
It’ll be better for them going out altogether than playing some mixed starting 11 while pretending it has no impact
Not sure we can take Spurs seriously this season. Can we? Newcastle and Chelsea for sure. I'm hoping we can use the EL early stages to keep certain players warm (Quansah, Gomez, Bajcetic, Matip, Clark, Doak, Nunez, Tsimikas, Thiago, Bradley, Gordon). I certainly hope we don't go out early for that reason.

Lee565

Anyone seen the new rules for next season in relation to stoppage time, expect to see 2 hours of football at every game at Anfield when Liverpool are chasing a draw or win.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone seen the new rules for next season in relation to stoppage time, expect to see 2 hours of football at every game at Anfield when Liverpool are chasing a draw or win.
I’m in favour of the rule other than the fact it’s at the Referee’s discretion. It’s time for a stop clock which is taken completely out of the hands of the referee and handled by someone else with full transparency in the stadium and on tv of when the ball is in play, when play has stopped and how long is left. The full time whistle blows when the time is up, now waiting for an attack to finish or any of that nonsense.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The rule change is utter bollocks, football remains a dinosaur sport which could be a hundred times better if they simply introduced a 2x30' system with clock stoppages.

Witchking

The rule change is utter bollocks, football remains a dinosaur sport which could be a hundred times better if they simply introduced a 2x30' system with clock stoppages.
Fifa, FA whatever will not want that. Referee mistakes, conspiracy theories about some supporting their teams, stopping the match while on the last attack etc increases social media engagement, TV/radio debates which gives more eyes to the product. Removing it will cause a downside to this.

Hate it, but that's how things are.

cyberman

Not sure we can take Spurs seriously this season. Can we? Newcastle and Chelsea for sure. I'm hoping we can use the EL early stages to keep certain players warm (Quansah, Gomez, Bajcetic, Matip, Clark, Doak, Nunez, Tsimikas, Thiago, Bradley, Gordon). I certainly hope we don't go out early for that reason.
I think one game a week under an actual attacking manager might do then the world of good. Not saying they’ll be this elite side but you don’t need to be an elite side to finish 5th.
Who really knows, we took the EL seriously and ended up playing most of the best teams from Spain on our run and finished 3rd. I just hate those Sunday kick off times and it’s never mentioned as a factor in our 1 goal win grinds during the second half of the season

cyberman

Yes, but they have plugged in the holes that caused them issues last season and still they almost came close to finishing in the top 4.

Writing them off before even a single game has been played is a joke.
If this were us we would be in meltdown

Edit that’s their second bid that’s below 40m for a player valued at 50m who have just seen Chelsea enter the race

Posh Red

People talk about making too many changes but it's no different to how Ten Hag changed the midfield here really. Replacing Mcfred with Casemiro and Eriksen was a huge upgrade. Liverpool are essentially doing something similar by replacing Fabinho and Henderson with Lavia and Mac Alister.

They will also benefit massively from being in the Europa, so will be able to rest and rotate midweek.
All managers complain about the scheduling in the Europa league. Not sure if that’s really a positive.

Witchking

If this were us we would be in meltdown

Edit that’s their second bid that’s below 40m for a player valued at 50m who have just seen Chelsea enter the race
If we were in Liverpool's position, i would be thinking we are in a mess as i am usually pessimistic about united in order to not be more disappointed. But that's just me.

Liverpool are in no mess. They currently have a manager who is capable of turning things around. If not Lavia, the other guy will fit just in.

Their transfer strategy has been great. The got lucky with the Coutinho transfer, brought VVD was has been a rock for them until recently. Allisson is one of the best goal keepers, Salah is still knocking them in. They have Diaz, Gakpo, Nunez, Jota all capable of being good. Brought in 2 mid fielders and looking to bring another one.

Have Trent and Robertson, both attacking full backs who assist regularly. While everyone laughs at Trent's defending, he is a scoring defender which is nothing to be laughed at.

BeltUp

Supports
United
It will be interesting to see if Klopp can adapt his football now pretty much all teams are pressing monsters. Does he have the creativity that Pep has to come up with something new?

cyberman

If we were in Liverpool's position, i would be thinking we are in a mess as i am usually pessimistic about united in order to not be more disappointed. But that's just me.

Liverpool are in no mess. They currently have a manager who is capable of turning things around. If not Lavia, the other guy will fit just in.

Their transfer strategy has been great. The got lucky with the Coutinho transfer, brought VVD was has been a rock for them until recently. Allisson is one of the best goal keepers, Salah is still knocking them in. They have Diaz, Gakpo, Nunez, Jota all capable of being good. Brought in 2 mid fielders and looking to bring another one.

Have Trent and Robertson, both attacking full backs who assist regularly. While everyone laughs at Trent's defending, he is a scoring defender which is nothing to be laughed at.
They have a huge DM problem now that’s vital to protect their weak CBs. That’s still not sorted, that’s been their problem for 2 out of the last three seasons and now they’re scrambling yet again. Now they’ve wasted time bidding well below Saints asking price for the second time now and no closer to finding a Fabinho replacement.
You did say they’ve plugged the holes from last season but it simply isn’t true.
Trent alone is a huge reason why they fell apart defensively last season with the sheer amount of attacks coming down his side. That’s why he gets laughed at. You’re framing your post as if he’s proven his critics wrong but he didn’t. Didn’t even come close

Member 101269

They have a huge DM problem now that’s vital to protect their weak CBs. That’s still not sorted, that’s been their problem for 2 out of the last three seasons and now they’re scrambling yet again. Now they’ve wasted time bidding well below Saints asking price for the second time now and no closer to finding a Fabinho replacement.
You did say they’ve plugged the holes from last season but it simply isn’t true.
Trent alone is a huge reason why they fell apart defensively last season with the sheer amount of attacks coming down his side. That’s why he gets laughed at. You’re framing your post as if he’s proven his critics wrong but he didn’t. Didn’t even come close
This; and their foward line isn't up to top 4 and they've lost a lot of leadership/mental strength/experience. Who is capable of being captain? VVD? :lol: :D and TAA vice-captain :houllier: :houllier: :lol::lol::houllier::houllier:

cyberman

This; and their foward line isn't up to top 4 and they've lost a lot of leadership/mental strength/experience. Who is capable of being captain? VVD? :lol: :D and TAA vice-captain :houllier: :houllier: :lol::lol::houllier::houllier:
We were told about this big rebuild and how early they do deals. They’ve now got a net spend of 40m and refusing to come close to the price of their first choice DM by a good 10m after a second (!) bid. Now they’re after a cheap option from the Brazilian league.
This forum would be molten lava if this were us.

Member 101269

We were told about this big rebuild and how early they do deals. They’ve now got a net spend of 40m and refusing to come close to the price of their first choice DM by a good 10m after a second (!) bid. Now they’re after a cheap option from the Brazilian league.
This forum would be molten lava if this were us.
I agree; the'yre going to be down loads of revenue with CL and the lack of prize money. Penny pinching..

Witchking

The window is not closed and they will end up with Lavia. They also moved on Henderson & Milner who could not do the job last season. Brought in Mac Allister who was good with Brighton and will be able to adapt to Liverpool's style of play. Szoboszlai, i have no idea but based on their transfer history, he might come good. So for them, midfield is sorted.

But I am absolutely hoping everything you say is true.

After seeing United win well or lose, the best thing in football is seeing Liverpool falter. Need to see RAWK meltdown every week.

Let's hope to see them crash and burn which at this point seems far fetched. But fingers crossed!

Member 101269

The window is not closed and they will end up with Lavia. They also moved on Henderson & Milner who could not do the job last season. Brought in Mac Allister who was good with Brighton and will be able to adapt to Liverpool's style of play. Szoboszlai, i have no idea but based on their transfer history, he might come good. So for them, midfield is sorted.

But I am absolutely hoping everything you say is true.

After seeing United win well or lose, the best thing in football is seeing Liverpool falter. Need to see RAWK meltdown every week.

Let's hope to see them crash and burn which at this point seems far fetched. But fingers crossed!
when was the last time Liverpool purchased a top player, or they have become top. In PL terms a long time ago, the buys more recently are meh.. vanilla average performers

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Been watching the Liverpool vs Bayern game on my lunch break.

Not much changed from last season, they are good going forward but they are getting opened up time and time again down their right hand channel with Matip playing right centre back and TAA in the inverted 6.

Both Bayern goals came from that area.

doomy20

Been watching the Liverpool vs Bayern game on my lunch break.

Not much changed from last season, they are good going forward but they are getting opened up time and time again down their right hand channel with Matip playing right centre back and TAA in the inverted 6.

Both Bayern goals came from that area.
Good tempo and intensity though. If they can stabilize their middle, the´ll be pretty decent.

lysglimt

Scout
If a team hit long balls down Liverpools right-hand side, they will score a few times. It really is that simple

Matst1

If that's true then I hope so too. Our scouts are known to have the occasional brain farts and sometimes we get away with it.
All joking aside, do you really think he’s a bad player? I don’t know much about him apart from his World Cup appearances..

Matst1

Yeah this simply isn’t true.

VVD was crap last season, far from being a rock. Everyone bar Allison was crap for most of the season and only looked half descent towards the end when they moved Trent out of defensive.

Shinjch

With this new system they are trying it will either really hinder Robertson, or it will leave them very exposed in transitions to wider areas. Especially in the many games that Konate gets injured for.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
With this new system they are trying it will either really hinder Robertson, or it will leave them very exposed in transitions to wider areas. Especially in the many games that Konate gets injured for.
Completely agree. Matip played first half against an up for it Bayern today and Bayern were destroying us on that side. I know it's preseason, blah blah, but the same old problems.

Tuchel is treating this game as a CL final against his old enemy Klopp. Good, it will give us a proper test. We're currently winning 3-2 I think.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Good tempo and intensity though. If they can stabilize their middle, the´ll be pretty decent.
Yeah, like i said, still good going forward, they'll always make chances with the talent they have. However, they are just so vulnerable down that side.

Konate at right centre back will help as he is quicker and more athletic at covering ground than Matip. Whether that's enough we'll have to wait and see.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at some point during the season TAA moves into midfield permanently and they play someone like Gomez at right back (like theyve lined up for the 2nd half). Maybe that will give them the balance they need between attacking talent and defensive stability.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Bayern match finished now. 4-3 to Bayern. Two of their goals apparently clear offsides which VAR would have easily ruled out so the defence doing their job well in holding the line.

Bayern deserved to win it though as they had better control of the game. A real good test for our match with Chelsea.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern match finished now. 4-3 to Bayern. Two of their goals apparently clear offsides which VAR would have easily ruled out so the defence doing their job well in holding the line.

Bayern deserved to win it though as they had better control of the game. A real good test for our match with Chelsea.
First one was clearly shown to be onside, didn't get a review of the second one from my totally legal stream.

Chief123

Liverpool looked well off the levels they used to produce. Bayern were comfortable even when 0-2 down. Looks like a tough long season ahead for Liverpool.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think they’ll score quite a few this season but also think they’ll concede a few unless that defence and DM situation gets sorted.

Member 101269

Just seen some highlights; Liverpool look in real trouble BM could have and possibly should have scored alot more. The first two Liverpool goals were very poor defending from BM, and probably wouldnt normally happen.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Who’s gonna be starting up front for them this season then, Darwin or Gakpo?
Darwin was back to missing sitters today from what I'm reading. Has to be Gakpo who could be our new Mane/Firmino level signing.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich

Do you mean these 2 goals?