Liverpool are a mess

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like internal wrestling with the realities of Europa to me.
Nah, just said decent trophy, is it not? Obviously rubbish in comparison to the CL but Liverpool are in the competition they deserve to be this season so players/fans etc are going to want to win it.

YikesSchmeics

all banter aside, shouldn't use the term 'victim' when everyone knows what it is associated with, if you think that is ok, you need to either grow up or if already grown up, have a serious think about what you are saying
Whilst there are those who use it as a horrific jibe about Hillsborough, let's not pretend that the club and the fanbase don't have a massive entitlement and persecution complex. Their self pitying and self praise are nauseating in equal measures.

It's not hard to see why the reaction to this, by both the club and their lovers in the media, will grate on people. United have been getting shafted non stop this season by VAR. We have not played well, but at least one or two, if not more, of those results would be different but for the shit refereeing. They have been poor decisions, at decisive times. And we didn't have Carragher doing whole segments on it.

tomaldinho1

Nah, just said decent trophy, is it not? Obviously rubbish in comparison to the CL but Liverpool are in the competition they deserve to be this season so players/fans etc are going to want to win it.
If you are a CL club (which they undoubtedly sadly are, having been in 3 of last 6 finals) it is an abomination. Unfavourable game days, bad schedule, uninspiring long away trip and frankly poor teams. If they can play their reserves and youth and go far then great but do any of their fanbase care about the EL? I would say categorically no.

erikcred

Whilst there are those who use it as a horrific jibe about Hillsborough, let's not pretend that the club and the fanbase don't have a massive entitlement and persecution complex. Their self pitying and self praise are nauseating in equal measures.

It's not hard to see why the reaction to this, by both the club and their lovers in the media, will grate on people. United have been getting shafted non stop this season by VAR. We have not played well, but at least one or two, if not more, of those results would be different but for the shit refereeing. They have been poor decisions, at decisive times. And we didn't have Carragher doing whole segments on it.

"let's not pretend that the club and the fanbase don't have a massive entitlement and persecution complex. Their self pitying and self praise are nauseating in equal measures" -- is something you would easily find on RAWK about us. In fact that's the very thing we used to mock them for in our glory years.

Every fanbase has exactly the same persecution complex. There are so many posts about some tackle in a random unrelated game like Luton vs Scunthorpe United (I mean small teams unlikely to be favored by refs) saying "if that was Casemiro, it's a straight red". Even now we're moaning louder than Liverpool fans because of what may happen in future and the favorable calls they may receive.

We get shafted now because we're a big club that's currently shite. If we were good, then we'd have exactly the same good fortune. Also helps if our manager showed some spine and chewed out some referees. For all the mocking that Klopp and Pep get about their histrionics, it helps their clubs. Even Arteta has the right idea, although his execution is not quite there yet.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool

Don't United have loads in the media too, Rio, Neville, Keane, Hargreaves, Scholes at a quick think. I think Liverpool and United are very similar when he comes to the love/hate, both huge clubs that dominate news.

Liverpool have had loads of decisions go for and against them, like United, Arsenal, Forest, Wolves etc etc, but Forest and Wolves and the likes will never get the same publicity. I don't believe there are any conspiracies, unfortunately, many fans at every club think there is against them. If you were a Liverpool or Arsenal fan, you'd be thinking the same. Football bias is a real and obvious thing.

I think this Liverpool offside one is getting extra attention because it is unique and highlights potential issues within the laws, not being able correct a blatant human error seconds later, that needs to be looked at. Most VAR decisions/mistakes are honest human error when interpreting the incident, this was obviously different, more negligence. For the record also, Liverpool haven't suggested a replay as that would be nonsense, and majority of fans know that, Twitter and other social sites are full of a loud minority on many issues.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We don't have any Thursday Sunday fixtures. We only have Sunday Sunday fixtures. Have you not been watching?

What we do on Thursdays is our own business. A chance for the U18-U21 to get a run out.

Edit: we'll only take Europe seriously when we get to the semis, which is in April/May.
Allison, Van Dijk, TAA, Konate, Tsimikas, Elliot, Endo, Gravenberch, Salah, Nunez, Jota.

No notes.

always_hoping

Not sure if it was mentioned already but in regards to Jota against Tottenham what's goes around comes around.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Allison, Van Dijk, TAA, Konate, Tsimikas, Elliot, Endo, Gravenberch, Salah, Nunez, Jota.

No notes.
So you only have issue with Alisson, VvD? :houllier:and Salah all of whom played last Saturday.

Alisson - because Kelleher got injured just now
Salah - no idea. Maybe he wants bonus money for easy goals/assists?

The rest are second XI or players needing 45 minutes match practice time (or as I phrase it: "for a laugh"). I'm surprised there aren't more youngsters brought in in the second half though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So you only have issue with Alisson, VvD? :houllier:and Salah all of whom played last Saturday.

Alisson - because Kelleher got injured just now
Salah - no idea. Maybe he wants bonus money for easy goals/assists?

The rest are second XI or players needing 45 minutes match practice time (or as I phrase it: "for a laugh"). I'm surprised there aren't more youngsters brought in in the second half though.
Dunno mate just thought I’d see some “U-18s-U-21s”