Liverpool are a mess

RedRocket9908

I dont know why so many people are saying Liverpool will challenge City, ive seen nothing in the games theyve played so far that makes me think they'll be anywhere near 2nd.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I dont know why so many people are saying Liverpool will challenge City, ive seen nothing in the games theyve played so far that makes me think they'll be anywhere near 2nd.
Who do you think will be miles ahead of them in 2nd?

RedC

I'd say it's probably the fact that they haven't lost a game yet and are 2nd.

RedRocket9908

I'd say it's probably the fact that they haven't lost a game yet and are 2nd.
Chelsea battered them but couldnt score, Newcastle were the same, Wolves should have been 3 or 4 nil up against them at halftime but failed to take their chances, even Bournmouth could have been a couple up before Liverpool scored.

Dominos

Under klopp they’ve finished outside the top 4 twice and one of them was the first year he took over. Not really blips.
They had a dreadful season (by their standards) when they had the injuries to be fair, they scraped top 4 on the last day after going on an almost impossible winning run to end the season with Allison scoring a last second goal which proved vital in the end.

ti vu

They had a dreadful season (by their standards) when they had the injuries to be fair, they scraped top 4 on the last day after going on an almost impossible winning run to end the season with Allison scoring a last second goal which proved vital in the end.
Also their point tally that season wouldn't get them top 4 last season, let alone 3rd like that season. That season was overall a poorer season for many of the bigger clubs. Same with last season we had one more point than Ole's biggest tally for a season which finished second place.

Liverpool in said season was leading the table by weekday 16 too. So grinding result to get back to good form is one thing. Grinding result to survive is not sustainable given PL is very competitive. Almost all PL teams are banana skin, and you have no rest if you're having to playing on first gear week in week out.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ye I agree. Because of how good they’ve previously been it was an awful season but it’s mad how they can bounce back a year after being awful. We need to try and progress from last season.

ItzdoctorZ

Liverpool are lucky to have the ammount of points theyve got so far as they have been poor in a few of their games but got away with it, Chelsea battered them but couldnt score, Wolves battered them in the first half should have been a few up by halftime, and Newcastle should have beaten them after playing most of the game against 10 men but couldnt string 2 passes together and fell apart in the last 15-20 minutes.
Newcastle is the only game they should have 100% lost but didn't.

Chelsea dominated possession without threatening in attack, Wolves barely had any worthwhile shots, both Wolves and Chelsea have shit attacks, a draw was fair in the Chelsea game and Liverpool were better overall against Wolves.

I don't think there will be a title race this season but we can't keep saying they are lucky every week, they are on a 17 game unbeaten streak for a reason.

RedC

Chelsea battered them but couldnt score, Newcastle were the same, Wolves should have been 3 or 4 nil up against them at halftime but failed to take their chances, even Bournmouth could have been a couple up before Liverpool scored.
They create loads of chances, consistently score goals, even when going behind, and win games regularly that they don't maybe deserve to. That's absolutely a recipe for finishing 2nd.

el3mel

This will be another season in which both Liverpool and Man City end up with +90 points while our fans complain about Liverpool getting all these points by luck, meanwhile we will be struggling to even finish 4th.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
They still have Salah who is best player in the league when it comes to end product alongside Haaland, and they still run, press and move a lot in attack(which teams in transition like Chelsea, we, etc. struggle understanding for some reason), which is still a good recipe for scoring goals, even if you don't have ideal XI players.

Guy Incognito

The deeper you go into that competition, the harder it is for Klopp to be flexible with team selections.

City have the added advantage of fixture flexibility. Liverpool will be confined to Thursday-Sunday which isn't ideal from a title race perspective.

Drizzle

Doesn't matter how vulnerable they are in many games, they can put together a 30 minute burst of play and score multiple goals. That's going to get you 80-90 points. Also, having the best keeper in the league probably earns them 6-8 points a season.

flappyjay

They got Sarah who is a guaranteed 20 goals. Then there is Nunez, Diaz, Gakpo and Jota who will probably chip in 40+ goals between the four of them

tomaldinho1

They got Sarah who is a guaranteed 20 goals. Then there is Nunez, Diaz, Gakpo and Jota who will probably chip in 40+ goals between the four of them
They’ll score a shit load of goals but I don’t think their defence is good enough to not drop silly points now and then.

erikcred

They’ll score a shit load of goals but I don’t think their defence is good enough to not drop silly points now and then.
True, but you forget their luck that borders on plot armour.

You should see the West Ham misses before Liverpool scored.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The deeper you go into that competition, the harder it is for Klopp to be flexible with team selections.

City have the added advantage of fixture flexibility. Liverpool will be confined to Thursday-Sunday which isn't ideal from a title race perspective.
We don't have any Thursday Sunday fixtures. We only have Sunday Sunday fixtures. Have you not been watching?

What we do on Thursdays is our own business. A chance for the U18-U21 to get a run out.

Edit: we'll only take Europe seriously when we get to the semis, which is in April/May.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We don't have any Thursday Sunday fixtures. We only have Sunday Sunday fixtures. Have you not been watching?

What we do on Thursdays is our own business. A chance for the U18-U21 to get a run out.

Edit: we'll only take Europe seriously when we get to the semis, which is in April/May.
U18-U-21s like you played last week? Like *checks notes* Van Dijk, Konate, Nunez, Diaz, Matip, Gomez, Salah, Mac Alister, Szobozlai, Gravenberch and Endo.

Or is that not a good example? I guess you did play 3 U21s out of 16 which is the same as us vs Bayern and pretty much what we play most games.

It sounds cool though, pretending you’re using it to play youngsters because you don’t care about the competition it’s just a bit silly when the reality is completely the opposite.

TheReligion

Abusive

U18-U-21s like you played last week? Like *checks notes* Van Dijk, Konate, Nunez, Diaz, Matip, Gomez, Salah, Mac Alister, Szobozlai, Gravenberch and Endo.

Or is that not a good example? I guess you did play 3 U21s out of 16 which is the same as us vs Bayern and pretty much what we play most games.

It sounds cool though, pretending you’re using it to play youngsters because you don’t care about the competition it’s just a bit silly when the reality is completely the opposite.
Ouch :lol:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

As you very well know most of them came on in the second half for a laugh. The rest hadn't started the PL game prior so needed game time.

We're not running those players into the ground like you have been Rashford, Bruno, Martinez, Shaw, Varane. Must of whom, real big shock, are injured and you have threads asking why you're so unlucky with injuries.

We have Union next, more U18-U21 plus anyone else needing game time.

marktan

City will win but Pools midfield signings in McAlister and Szoboszlai in particular have been impressive. Szoboszlai is a lot better than most realise.

The lack of a proper DM will hinder them, as will the fact that none of the replacements for Mane and Firmino are as good as the originals. I feel if they had gotten one of the expensive DMs in a better midfield could compensate for a weaker attack, but it didn't happen. But they definitely are in the top 3 with City and Arsenal this season.

PaudieG91

Supports
Liverpool

Our likely team for the Europa will be Kelleher Gomez Matip Qansah Tsimikas Endo Gravenberch Elliott Doak Gakpo Jota.

That will be good enough to get out of group with the best 11 available for the league games. Even if one or two starters play you will likely see 8 or 9 changes from most Thursday to Sunday games. I really don't see that being a problem.

Champions League teams also have to cope with Wednesday to Saturday which is the exact same. I understand they will also have Tuesday games but they don't get to rest as much as Liverpool will.

Micky Targaryen

This will be another season in which both Liverpool and Man City end up with +90 points while our fans complain about Liverpool getting all these points by luck, meanwhile we will be struggling to even finish 4th.
Sometimes I wonder why threads like these exists. I mean, I get people wanting to mock rival clubs but this is not even a case of a pot calling the kettle black. Liverpool are constantly in the conversation for the title race while we are languishing in mediocrity for god knows how long.

erikcred

Sometimes I wonder why threads like these exists. I mean, I get people wanting to mock rival clubs but this is not even a case of a pot calling the kettle black. Liverpool are constantly in the conversation for the title race while we are languishing in mediocrity for god knows how long.
Nope. Not when this thread was created.

Kostov

They have 15 goals scored already after 6 games, we managed 58 last season. Yeah they will have a good season, they score goals with ease and that has been the case even in the darkest days under Klopp. They bought well and will only get better.

Ludens the Red

As you very well know most of them came on in the second half for a laugh. The rest hadn't started the PL game prior so needed game time.

We're not running those players into the ground like you have been Rashford, Bruno, Martinez, Shaw, Varane. Must of whom, real big shock, are injured and you have threads asking why you're so unlucky with injuries.

So basically not under 18/21 players….. Basically bog standard Europa League rotation. Taking shots at United is misplaced but understandable … after you made an incorrect statement. I mean you can’t go “we’re playing Sunday to Sunday” when 90% of your first team are travelling midweek to Europe and taking part in actual matches on the Thursday.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd

That's a lot of arrogance for a team languishing in the Europa League. Nah, that competition is your level. Good luck against Union Saint-Gilloise. They have a population of 49,678. That is your appropriate level of competition now. That being said, they have won as many league titles as your club since the Premier League came into fruition, one. It's nice you have something in common with another team languishing in the Europa League.

"Came on for a laugh" :lol:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
They have looked a bit brittle and ridden their luck at times, but Alisson looks back to his best and they can be so devastating in attack, tearing through teams. Don't think they'll catch City, unless they have a massive injury crisis, but they look better than Arse or anyone else right now.

glaspalast

Supports
Crystal Palace
if liverpool are a mess what words are left to describe man utd?

laughtersassassin

No surprise to see they are back to being good and we are also back to our usual selves.

People will still say they aren't great etc but they score goals for fun and that bails you out even in games you play poorly. And Allison saves them at the other end too when needed.

Last year was an outlier for both teams sadly.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
So basically not under 18/21 players….. Basically bog standard Europa League rotation. Taking shots at United is misplaced but understandable … after you made an incorrect statement. I mean you can’t go “we’re playing Sunday to Sunday” when 90% of your first team are travelling midweek to Europe and taking part in actual matches on the Thursday.
The team travelling midweek is to Belgium, Austria and France. I have never known us being this close to home before in any European competition. It's like travelling to Southampton and Brighton.

Our boys are getting a day out. :lol: So much for 4+ hour flight journeys to Eastern Europe or, erm, Turkey.

ROFLUTION

All very true, and on top of that we've seen the usual errors from Trent and a red card from Van Dijk. It's Allison and sharpness up front that glues them together currently. It wont be solid defensively, but it doesn't matter if they can outscore opponents. Salah's back to his usual levels and Darwin has been looking good recently.

City have both aspects of defence and attack however. But Liverpool will probably finish either 2nd or 3rd I believe. City will win by miles this season.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
If Liverpool had our injuries and missing players numbers this season already then they wouldn't be where they are now.

Ludens the Red

The team travelling midweek is to Belgium, Austria and France. I have never known us being this close to home before in any European competition. It's like travelling to Southampton and Brighton.

Our boys are getting a day out. :lol: So much for 4+ hour flight journeys to Eastern Europe or, erm, Turkey.
Meh, our lads did the same in Munich. Short flight, played for 20 mins on the Wednesday and that was that ….

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Liverpool had our injuries and missing players numbers this season already then they wouldn't be where they are now.
They’ve also had at least 5 VAR decisions in their favour whereas we’ve had at least 5 against us.