Liverpool are a mess

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
City will have a easy time. Liverpool will end up in CL place.
Is likely accurate.

I don't currently see this as a 90+pt team. We've also got 90+pts twice in the last 4-5 years and not won the title. Beating this city side to a title requires insane consistency and luck in decisive moments. I enjoyed Arsenal last year but they've had a lot of praise for a side that got 84pts up against a city side that didn't get out of second gear till Jan/Feb. Neither of us will get close, we have areas of weakness that City do not.

Brighton A
Spurs A

These two fixtures will give us a better indication of where we are.

JuriM

Is likely accurate.

I don't currently see this as a 90+pt team. We've also got 90+pts twice in the last 4-5 years and not won the title. Beating this city side to a title requires insane consistency and luck in decisive moments. I enjoyed Arsenal last year but they've had a lot of praise for a side that got 84pts up against a city side that didn't get out of second gear till Jan/Feb. Neither of us will get close, we have areas of weakness that City do not.

Brighton A
Spurs A

These two fixtures will give us a better indication of where we are.
Your only flaw is still defense, it's quite thin and the quality drop-off is significant enough that might cause problems.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Your only flaw is still defense, it's quite thin and the quality drop-off is significant enough that might cause problems.
DM is just as big of a problem, Matip, Gomez and Konate also will not stay fit enough over a season. Mac Allister isn't a 6. We also haven't really established a system as yet. Trent was given the inverted quarterback role but if Robertson flies forward it leaves you with one weak 6 and 2 Cb's. With the way we're playing you need 3 CB's on the pitch or a top quality 6. City currently have both.

We have enough attacking talent to win most games but I don't think its title winning.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Without city i think the title race would be really interesting this season. they are ruining the league

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Without city i think the title race would be really interesting this season. they are ruining the league
The PL was ruined ages ago. We're just hanging around while our own proper clubs are not dipping our hands in oil and blood. Once that happens proper Liverpool and Utd fans will leave the game, they might still watch but not with the same feels. Support will wither away, probably replaced by Asian/Arab fanbases.

Second place and top 4/5 is all that's left of the PL. Soon that will be pointless too.

GazTheLegend

The PL was ruined ages ago. We're just hanging around while our own proper clubs are not dipping our hands in oil and blood. Once that happens proper Liverpool and Utd fans will leave the game, they might still watch but not with the same feels. Support will wither away, probably replaced by Asian/Arab fanbases.

Second place and top 4/5 is all that's left of the PL. Soon that will be pointless too.
Pretty much. Newcastle United will be there next. It's seemed to be quietly forgotten that they spent close to £200million in the summer. It's not gonna be long until they've had a billion spent on players and this seeming "plucky underdog" tag they share with Man City will be history and the pundits will all be acting "surprised" at their "incredible" level of improvement blah blah blah. It just feels like smoke and mirrors over a decaying product now, there doesn't feel to be anything genuine about football to me anymore (yes games gone man shouts at cloud)

redcucumber

Hard to argue with this. VAR has also has had a game changing impact on how much worse it's made the sport to watch. It's an endless stream of bullshit which inevitably causes detachment.

Guy Incognito

We don't have any Thursday Sunday fixtures. We only have Sunday Sunday fixtures. Have you not been watching?

What we do on Thursdays is our own business. A chance for the U18-U21 to get a run out.

Edit: we'll only take Europe seriously when we get to the semis, which is in April/May.
There is a reason why teams in the Europa League don't go the distance in a PL title race.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

We don't have any Thursday Sunday fixtures. We only have Sunday Sunday fixtures. Have you not been watching?

What we do on Thursdays is our own business. A chance for the U18-U21 to get a run out.

Edit: we'll only take Europe seriously when we get to the semis, which is in April/May.
Since when were Van Dijk, Diaz and Nunez U21 players?

RedRocket9908

Isnt it a bit arrogant and completely desrespectful to tge other participants to assume you'll make the Semi's without taking the competition seriously?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Isnt it a bit arrogant and completely desrespectful to tge other participants to assume you'll make the Semi's without taking the competition seriously?
Didn't you lot make the semis with Antony, Fred, Mctominay, Weghorst? I would say that was more disrespectful.

tomaldinho1

Didn't you lot make the semis with Antony, Fred, Mctominay, Weghorst? I would say that was more disrespectful.
I love how much Pool fans are struggling with being in the EL, lashing out to find solace. Anything to distract from the reality of LASK, Union and Toulouse away trips.

Honestly, hearing that CL music this year brought a tear to my eye.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I love how much Pool fans are struggling with being in the EL, lashing out to find solace. Anything to distract from the reality of LASK, Union and Toulouse away trips.

Not surprised seeing how long it's been. Soak it in as much as possible until December. Whitey

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not surprised seeing how long it's been. Soak it in as much as possible until December. Whitey
I mean we were in the champions league the season before last so not that long.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Tottenham 'disgusted' at racist messages sent to Udogie
Tottenham have a released a statement condemning the racist messages that were sent to left-back Destiny Udogie on social media following Saturday's win over Liverpool.
Spurs said they are "disgusted" and added: "We will work with the Premier League and, where possible, take action against any individual we are able to identify.
"We stand with you Destiny."

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Good, Spurs should pursue this hard. And Liverpool should help in every way. Ban as many scum as possible.

PoTMS

Careful, they'll be getting the T-shirts out soon enough.

cyberman

Liverpool were getting away with it for a bit this season. Hopefully that’s come full circle now

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Life hits hard doesn't it.
Liverpool in a mess. Now it takes them being down to 9, having a goal ruled off to even lose a tough away game!
Meanwhile we've managed to somehow massively make the team worse despite spending 170m.
And are back to losing to absolute pony like Palace at home.

Herman Toothrot

The mental gymnastics from Carragher this evening. It was a clear red. It wasn't on purpose, no malice but it's a clear red.

Imagine someone on Sky coming out to bat for Casemiro for the same challenge.

slored1

Always the fecking victims. Speaking like no other club has ever gotten a wrong refereeing decision. Where is this outrage for the clear Brentford penalty yesterday?

FriedClams

Always the fecking victims. Speaking like no other club has ever gotten a wrong refereeing decision. Where is this outrage for the clear Brentford penalty yesterday?
To be fair to them, I don't recall a comparable incident, especially since VAR came around

Josh 76

Exactly.
Getting so sick of this. So it was a wrong decision, get the feck over it.

slored1

To be fair to them, I don't recall a comparable incident, especially since VAR came around
Every week there is a new shit decision. Garnacho was not offside as well vs Arsenal, no one cried about that. Evans was clearly fouled before the goal, again no decision. Because there are always mistakes. Once we accept the refs are always shit and there is little proof that it will change, we will actually learn.

What the feck is VAR audio supposed to do? Make the refs look like even bigger cnuts? We already know they are idiots, why bother further?

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool

not surprised with the current united side

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wout Weghorst was fouled in a near identical fashion and it was also ignored.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
They aren't very good - that's why those teams end up in the EL in the first place.
I'd agree Liverpool weren't good enough last season, no excuses, but united are struggling this year because of injuries, bad reffing, blah blah blah.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
all banter aside, shouldn't use the term 'victim' when everyone knows what it is associated with, if you think that is ok, you need to either grow up or if already grown up, have a serious think about what you are saying

always_hoping

Yes according to Liverpool supporters it was the worst ever VAR mistake since VAR was introduced and was also probably one of the worst Refereeing performances the Premier League. Time they grew up and move on and it's not like Klopp and his team won't get rub of green in their favour in the weeks and months ahead.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You can tell they aren't used to decisions going against them given the uproar after the Spurs match, didn't see them shedding any tears all the other years when decisions went in their favour against Tottenham.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
Doesn't that make it worse that we're in it ahead of you?
Liverpool were absolutely muck last year so totally understandable. One very bad season in 5 or 6 is acceptable if corrected following year, looks like they are getting back on it, won't win league this year, that'll be City as no other team will be consistent enough. Europa League or whatever it is called would still be a decent trophy to win for any club.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
You can tell they aren't used to decisions going against them given the uproar after the Spurs match, didn't see them shedding any tears all the other years when decisions went in their favour against Tottenham.
Don’t you get it? Klopp is playing this perfectly. We hopefully will get more decisions in our favor. Managers that just get over it will still get the odd ref screwing them over. united of all clubs should do the same thing when it happens, don’t just say it evens out in the end because at this point it doesn’t unless you moan publicly.

tomaldinho1

Liverpool were absolutely muck last year so totally understandable. One very bad season in 5 or 6 is acceptable if corrected following year, looks like they are getting back on it, won't win league this year, that'll be City as no other team will be consistent enough. Europa League or whatever it is called would still be a decent trophy to win for any club.
Sounds like internal wrestling with the realities of Europa to me.