Liverpool are a mess

cyberman

Unfortunately this is correct. And its not really close I don't think.

And I am talking about the playing side of things. Obviously, on the non-actually playing football part, United is a complete and utter shambles right now. I have no idea about Liverpool but I can't imagine its anywhere close to as messy as us!
They have an 80m striker who can’t get into he team. Bid 111m for a midfielder and didn’t get him that pissed off their other target and didn’t get them neither. After promising a big spend after struggling to 5th last season they have a net spend of what? 70m? All planned by a part time Sporting Director who only got the job because he’s friends with Klopp.
How do we even compare to that?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The problem with appealing the first Casemiro red card was that if we'd lost the appeal he would have missed the final against Newcastle and we would have probably ended up with a trophyless season.

There's no point United appealing red cards as the authorities have a habit of screwing us over. Remember Rooney and Scholes getting league suspensions for red cards in pre season friendlies or Rooney getting another suspension for swearing into a camera? Never happened to any other team either before or since. It's simply not worth it for them to do anything pro United/unbiased as the media storm and complaints from opposition fans would never end.
Or sent off throwing the ball back to our player to take a free kick.

Sea-Cow

They have an 80m striker who can’t get into he team. Bid 111m for a midfielder and didn’t get him that pissed off their other target and didn’t get them neither. After promising a big spend after struggling to 5th last season they have a net spend of what? 70m? All planned by a part time Sporting Director who only got the job because he’s friends with Klopp.
How do we even compare to that?
I hate being in the position of arguing in favor of Liverpool, but despite the embarrassing stuff with Caceido they also did some excellent business in their center midfield with MacAllister and Szoboszlai. I am not familiar with Endo but he apparently is really solid, at least according to an article in the Guardian today.

And United? We have a 31 year old who looks like he intended on playing himself into shape after a summer of pizza and beer, being asked to essentially play center-mid by himself. And the manager's solution to this gigantic problem is to point to an unproven teenager that's currently injured!

And I would say its a positive that Klopp isn't forcing the 80M striker into their squad. We have a 90M winger that shouldn't be in our team, but he starts week in week out and does nothing to justify it! But, now that I think about it I guess I sympathize with ETH when looking at the other wingers. Who is he supposed to play instead, Sancho? Pellistri? Another injured player in Amad?

I am probably guilty of knee-jerking a bit after the first two performances, and there is still time for us to pull the finger out and sign Amrabat, but right now I would bet my house that Pool finish above us in the league. They have a better manager and can actually score goals.

cyberman

I hate being in the position of arguing in favor of Liverpool, but despite the embarrassing stuff with Caceido they also did some excellent business in their center midfield with MacAllister and Szoboszlai. I am not familiar with Endo but he apparently is really solid, at least according to an article in the Guardian today.

And United? We have a 31 year old who looks like he intended on playing himself into shape after a summer of pizza and beer, being asked to essentially play center-mid by himself. And the manager's solution to this gigantic problem is to point to an unproven teenager that's currently injured!

And I would say its a positive that Klopp isn't forcing the 80M striker into their squad. We have a 90M winger that shouldn't be in our team, but he starts week in week out and does nothing to justify it! But, now that I think about it I guess I sympathize with ETH when looking at the other wingers. Who is he supposed to play instead, Sancho? Pellistri? Another injured player in Amad?

I am probably guilty of knee-jerking a bit after the first two performances, and there is still time for us to pull the finger out and sign Amrabat, but right now I would bet my house that Pool finish above us in the league. They have a better manager and can actually score goals.
But they only found themselves short in midfield because they sold two players out of the blue.
Now they have a 30 year old unproven DM with a kid as backup.
I remember people telling me Nunez was a great buy for them as well.
Their planning has been so shit that they had to move their 80m striker out wide before moving him to the bench and move their 40m winger to the 9 position before dropping that winger even deeper into midfield.
It’s not just a shit show but a horror show. To go from where they were to where they are now is nothing short of shambolic.
I can’t wrap my head around how the fall of both Liverpool and Chelsea have been normalised so quickly

iamking

But they only found themselves short in midfield because they sold two players out of the blue.
Now they have a 30 year old unproven DM with a kid as backup.
I remember people telling me Nunez was a great buy for them as well.
Their planning has been so shit that they had to move their 80m striker out wide before moving him to the bench and move their 40m winger to the 9 position before dropping that winger even deeper into midfield.
It’s not just a shit show but a horror show. To go from where they were to where they are now is nothing short of shambolic.
I can’t wrap my head around how the fall of both Liverpool and Chelsea have been normalised so quickly
I agree with you on Chelsea. Even after spending god knows how many billions, they don't look anywhere near a cohesive football unit. I still cant see a solid goal scorer for them with the injured Nkunku the only bet. Poch built the deadly Kane- Son- Delli triangle for Spurs. He has the players to build something similar with Sterling, Nkunku, Mudryk etc. But it wont happen this season as they have got nothing like Kane there - a goal scoring machine.

Pool look solid. They got caught a little with the Henderson/Fabinho Saudi thing. Otherwise I can see their plan. They have a front 5 of Nunez, Gakpo, Salah, Jota, Diaz. Salah will go for AFCON this year. And one of Jota and Diaz are always injured as the season goes. With them 5, Pool are not short on goals. Nunez will get his time and despite all his awkwardness he is a messy one to handle in the box and seems to work hard.

Their creative midfield of Alexis, Dominic look one of the best in the league and the 2 kids (Elliot and the goatee kid) as back up with Gakpo dropping off - looks all set. They are short on DM with Endo and the ever injured Thiago the only option. If they get one more solid DM, I think they look good for the top 4. I see them as a real threat to us in the top 4.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I agree with you on Chelsea. Even after spending god knows how many billions, they don't look anywhere near a cohesive football unit. I still cant see a solid goal scorer for them with the injured Nkunku the only bet. Poch built the deadly Kane- Son- Delli triangle for Spurs. He has the players to build something similar with Sterling, Nkunku, Mudryk etc. But it wont happen this season as they have got nothing like Kane there - a goal scoring machine.

Pool look solid. They got caught a little with the Henderson/Fabinho Saudi thing. Otherwise I can see their plan. They have a front 5 of Nunez, Gakpo, Salah, Jota, Diaz. Salah will go for AFCON this year. And one of Jota and Diaz are always injured as the season goes. With them 5, Pool are not short on goals. Nunez will get his time and despite all his awkwardness he is a messy one to handle in the box and seems to work hard.

Their creative midfield of Alexis, Dominic look one of the best in the league and the 2 kids (Elliot and the goatee kid) as back up with Gakpo dropping off - looks all set. They are short on DM with Endo and the ever injured Thiago the only option. If they get one more solid DM, I think they look good for the top 4. I see them as a real threat to us in the top 4.
Seriously?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

That’s one of the best takes on us I’ve seen on here in a long time. I am worried about defense though and if we go into any kind of goal scoring drought we might be in for a struggle. Another good DM and I think we are solid top 4

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Yep. They have far more goals in the team which is vital. Imagine thinking having an £80m striker on the bench is a problem. Him, Jota and Gakpo would all be starters for us.

Macallister and Szoboszlai look good signings and presumably they still have a fair bit left to spend before the window closes which doesn't look the case with us.

Sea-Cow

Yep. They have far more goals in the team which is vital. Imagine thinking having an £80m striker on the bench is a problem. Him, Jota and Gakpo would all be starters for us.

Macallister and Szoboszlai look good signings and presumably they still have a fair bit left to spend before the window closes which doesn't look the case with us.
Their kid Stefan Bajcetic looked very good last year and is returning from injury. And they have Curtis Jones who's only 22 and I would have him start next to Casemiro in place of Mason Mount, so that Casemiro isn't playing CM by himself anymore.

The gap in squad strength gets even more depressing as you look up top! Comparing Antony to Salah? Thats just a straight right winger comparison, but if you say that Salah is their best attacking player then compare him to our best attacking player, which I guess you would have to say is Rashford, and I think that comparison is again laughably one sided in Liverpool's favor. There is no way Salah has ever looked as incompetent as Rashford did against Spurs, no matter what position he played.

MDFC Manager

Regardless of the status of their squad, they've got fair amount of character in there. And that counts for a fair bit.

Taribo's Gap

How would the resident Liverpool supporters feel about Kubo as a Salah replacement? Doing quite well this season and he seems to fit the profile of just under the radar and ready to explode players that Liverpool like to go after.

You're not getting Saka, so who are the more realistic options?

Blood Mage

Doing their usual routine of bouncing back and suddenly looking amazing again after a very dodgy season. They're not in a title race this time though because City are too good.

erikcred

Doing their usual routine of bouncing back and suddenly looking amazing again after a very dodgy season. They're not in a title race this time though because City are too good.
They'll do okay with their firepower. But the defence is so bad. I think they got lucky that van dijk missed a couple of games. Looking forward to a bunch of pointing from him after they concede early today.

RedRocket9908

Liverpool are lucky to have the ammount of points theyve got so far as they have been poor in a few of their games but got away with it, Chelsea battered them but couldnt score, Wolves battered them in the first half should have been a few up by halftime, and Newcastle should have beaten them after playing most of the game against 10 men but couldnt string 2 passes together and fell apart in the last 15-20 minutes.

ShinjiNinja26

Need the Europa to start taking a toll on them at some point. They’ve also been blessed with having most of their main players available in comparison to other teams.

erikcred

Need the Europa to start taking a toll on them at some point. They’ve also been blessed with having most of their main players available in comparison to other teams.
Seriously, which are these teams that would've been doing better than Liverpool if only they had all their main players available?

ShinjiNinja26

Seriously, which are these teams that would've been doing better than Liverpool if only they had all their main players available?
There’s no way of knowing that because they have been injured. I certainly think we’d be in a much better position if our entire first choice back four wasn’t missing along with the back ups and new midfielder. Also our new striker and on loan midfielder not being available from the start and then all the off field stuff with Antony and Sancho certainly doesn’t help matters either.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The main reason they dropped off last season and aren't in the CL is because they had a lot of injuries.

We won't get near them this season.

erikcred

There’s no way of knowing that because they have been injured.
That's very confusing. You said "They’ve also been blessed with having most of their main players available in comparison to other teams." That's why I was asking compared to whom were they fortunate.

I certainly think we’d be in a much better position if our entire first choice back four wasn’t missing along with the back ups and new midfielder. Also our new striker and on loan midfielder not being available from the start certainly doesn’t help matters either.
Obviously, there's us. But I don't think there are any others. At least so far.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We usually rest 7 or 8 regulars for the EL. The regulars that do start don't usually start the following league game. It's a game a week for us for the rest of the season, baby. :cool:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
2nd and can see them winning the EL.

I guess they're back.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
They’re doing well considering there in a mess… they had a blip 1 season, they’ve now improved the 1 position they needed and they’re doing well.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They’re doing well considering there in a mess… they had a blip 1 season, they’ve now improved the 1 position they needed and they’re doing well.
They had a blip season before their last good season too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So many goals in that frontline.

People forget they missed Diaz and Jota for about the same period of 4-5 months last season either side of the World cup break. With Salah around still there's always going to win you plenty of games over a season.

They'll be Man. City's closest challengers but hard to see them getting within 5 points.

Anfield remains most likely game Man. City will lose this season aswell.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Love to see them back where they belong. A proper team and club. More than a club la