Liverpool are a mess

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
And Klopp moaning for the umpteenth time against a red card!

Lecland07

Szoboszlai looks a hell of a player.
He was poor against Chelsea. Need to hold your horses here as it was only Bournemouth, who will going down this season.

Need to see him against some average opponents first.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
After years of Henderson it's mad to have an 8 who can take the game by the scruff of the neck like Szoboszlai did yesterday. Passing, control, dribbling, the effort and fitness to close down, picking the right option 9/10 times. We've seen from Germany he's got shooting in the locker too. He's very exciting.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He was poor against Chelsea. Need to hold your horses here as it was only Bournemouth, who will going down this season.

He did well for the first 30. Then the team ran out of steam.

But asked to hold a midfield two together with Mac Allister is a big ask against a team like Chelsea on your league debut. Yesterday similar except the last 30 minutes was a 2 man midfield being down to 10.

MaT23

Ok, Liverpool played without a DM and still won( Comfortably)
We have one , and we struggled to control midfield against fecking wolves.

laughtersassassin

Id much rather be in their position as they can still score goals for fun which can bail them out.

We struggle to score so much we are depending on getting a goal or two at most and praying we don't concede

Josh 76

Id much rather be in their position as they can still score goals for fun which can bail them out.

We struggle to score so much we are depending on getting a goal or two at most and praying we don't concede
Good point. Every time they are going forward, they look a threat. When Utd go forward, it's like they look nervous and never make the right pass. It happened so many times yesterday. A DM is not going to sort that issue out.

arnie_ni

Only seen a still on the red card but it doesn't look that dissimilar to the foul on Bruno yesterday that cut his shin through his shin pad that didn't even get a VAR Review

OldSchoolManc

Klopp has some gall to appeal for the red card to be rescinded after all they’ve gotten away with over the years

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They're going to have trouble against a lot of teams this year. They still seem like the whole side is dragging an anvil behind them. You dont get many easy games (unless you're City) at the minute.
And I've been saying the opposite. We are/were revitalising our knackered midfield in the summer plus we are not fatigued from a quadruple season this time.

I also said Utd on the other hand were going to feel exactly like we did last August because of their deep league, cup and Europa run. No way Varane and Casemiro won't look like this season's Fabinho.

And so here we are. Wondering why Utd look so tired. We're not the ones carrying the anvil this time.

erikcred

Good point. Every time they are going forward, they look a threat. When Utd go forward, it's like they look nervous and never make the right pass. It happened so many times yesterday. A DM is not going to sort that issue out.
That may be true, but they need to get the chance first. I watched the motd highlights of their last win. They could've been 0-3 down after 10 minutes against a mediocre team. Alisson and the defenders were serving up howler after howler.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That may be true, but they need to get the chance first. I watched the motd highlights of their last win. They could've been 0-3 down after 10 minutes against a mediocre team. Alisson and the defenders were serving up howler after howler.
Not every howler leads to a goal. However, to force those howlers from us you need to be brave like Bournemouth were. But being brave like Bournemouth exposes you to our deadly finishers up front.

You could try being brave, take the early lead and just sit back for 70-90 minutes (including the new injury time) but that would be exhausting for defenders.

bosskeano

they won their MacAllister appeal for his red card over the weekend....he's now available moving forward

Care_de_Bobo

they won their MacAllister appeal for his red card over the weekend....he's now available moving forward
No doubt Klopp will be dining out on that decision for the rest of the season as proof that the refs are out to get them. No chance a United player gets that overturned.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
No doubt Klopp will be dining out on that decision for the rest of the season as proof that the refs are out to get them. No chance a United player gets that overturned.
Well until United have the balls to appeal something, you're completely correct

Zen

How can you win an appeal over VAR? That's absolute proof that they don't actually believe it remotely works.... so like, what's the point?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If that's us, they whack on a couple of extra games to the ban for having the temerity to appeal it. :lol:

Chief123

Unfortunately, he’s ineligible to play against Liverpool.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
They’re not a mess. They’ll be inconsistent, but probably go on 2 big winning streaks that sees them finish top 4 with no dramas.

I still think the Trent experiment will fail in this Klopp side. But that might just be because I haven’t watched them play all that much. He’s certainly good enough to play higher, and an absolute liability at right back. But I honestly don’t think he’ll be capable of doing a job in midfield that Klopp wants him to do.

Big Andy

Bloke
Apparently the company doing their Anfield Road stand has filed fir administration.
It's almost finished though, the first tier will be open for the Bournemouth game. Someone will come in and finish it for a nice tidy sum.

Sea-Cow

Far less of a mess than us.
Unfortunately this is correct. And its not really close I don't think.

And I am talking about the playing side of things. Obviously, on the non-actually playing football part, United is a complete and utter shambles right now. I have no idea about Liverpool but I can't imagine its anywhere close to as messy as us!

Real Name

Here we go again.

It’s a conspiracy. Sob sob

Every single red card has people on here sobbing about Casemiro. If it wasn’t Casemiro it was a decade of references to Nani.
Seems so you have a hard time reading these boards?

OldSchoolManc

Chelsea heard that Liverpool were buying referees.
Chelsea have now submitted a bigger envelope

Care_de_Bobo

Well until United have the balls to appeal something, you're completely correct
The problem with appealing the first Casemiro red card was that if we'd lost the appeal he would have missed the final against Newcastle and we would have probably ended up with a trophyless season.

There's no point United appealing red cards as the authorities have a habit of screwing us over. Remember Rooney and Scholes getting league suspensions for red cards in pre season friendlies or Rooney getting another suspension for swearing into a camera? Never happened to any other team either before or since. It's simply not worth it for them to do anything pro United/unbiased as the media storm and complaints from opposition fans would never end.