Liverpool are the luckiest club in the league and it will never end

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We're basically where you were for a couple of decades where our only pleasure is seeing your lot fail.
Not great, but history shows these things turn.
I know. I was on here (regularly) for most of it. All tides change eventually but the way Utd are going about it, looks like it could take another decade.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
We did our job of taking points from these lot, why cant anyone else do the same?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know. I was on here (regularly) for most of it. All tides change eventually but the way Utd are going about it, looks like it could take another decade.
People always say this, but Arsenal went from 8th a couple of times, lower than even Moyes took us, to competing for the title.
We're getting the key area sorted first - the management.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We did our job of taking points from these lot, why cant anyone else do the same?
Forest came close, but infuriatingly screwed it up.
City need to win next week, but even a draw lets you in. City are poor at Anfield though but most teams are.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
All tides change eventually but the way Utd are going about it, looks like it could take another decade.
Let's see what happens with new ownership structure this summer. We have some very promising youngsters, the potential is definitely there.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Let's see what happens with new ownership structure this summer. We have some very promising youngsters, the potential is definitely there.
Eat, sleep, rinse and repeat?

I always offer my honest opinion and it's always considered wumming. But I will persist. You have zero talented players in that squad. And other than Mainoo, who is a real talent, if your other youngsters are not able to replace the seniors in the team and make their mark already (think Koumas, think Bradley, think Danns) then I wouldn't hold on to that youngsters hope too long either.

You need a manager like Klopp, Amorim, Alonso, maybe even Nagelsmann to begin that journey now. And you need him like yesterday. The longer you wait, the closer another decade of nothingness looms.

LordSpud

I always offer my honest opinion and it's always considered wumming. But I will persist. You have zero talented players in that squad. And other than Mainoo, who is a real talent, if your other youngsters are not able to replace the seniors in the team and make their mark already (think Koumas, think Bradley, think Danns) then I wouldn't hold on to that youngsters hope too long either.

You need a manager like Klopp, Amorim, Alonso, maybe even Nagelsmann to begin that journey now. And you need him like yesterday. The longer you wait, the closer another decade of nothingness looms.
WUM post

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
We're basically where you were for a couple of decades where our only pleasure is seeing your lot fail.
Not great, but history shows these things turn.
Liverpool were never in this state, really. Not this bad. They had something to look forward on occasion. Sometimes something really big as well. Oh what would I give for United to fluke a CL win and a final during the current period.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool were never in this state, really. Not this bad. They had something to look forward on occasion. Sometimes something really big as well. Oh what would I give for United to fluke a CL win and a final during the current period.
That's just not true. They've had plenty of finishes between 6th and 8th, looking miles off the pace. Even Moyes only took us to 7th.
Fluking a cup win doesn't somehow mean they had it better than us.

And we won a cup just last season, Van Gaal won one, Mourinho a couple etc.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
You have zero talented players in that squad. And other than Mainoo, who is a real talent.
I often wonder if scouse way of thinking follows some kind of logic, it clearly does not.

Yurgen Flopp will leave the premier league with the same number as titles as Claudio Raneri.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Garnacho and Mainoo have been mainstays in our team.

You have no idea whether your lot are going to keep developing, or be equivalent to the likes of James Wilson or Phil Bardsley.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
I often wonder if scouse way of thinking follows some kind of logic, it clearly does not.

Yurgen Flopp will leave the premier league with the same number as titles as Claudio Raneri.
Man, give over.
Jurgen Klopp has won whatever is available to be won at Liverpool bar Europa League.
And it's not impossible for him to complete the set this season.
They came 2nd twice, 1 point off the league leader.
Lost another UCL final.
I wish my hometown team get coached by him, we're constantly drifting b/w third and second division it's painful.

tomaldinho1

Their run in looks worryingly easy after the City game. I have very little hope in us putting up a fight and then it looks like a nice run with Villa away being the only tough fixture left.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Off the post straight into Kelleher's hands :lol:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
When you consider how they have had to wait until the last minute to beat some incredibly mediocre sides, I was rather expecting City to finally hand them their arseholes.

The mighty Pep always finds some way to feck up the big games though.

btw, how many hours has the ref given the Scouse to score a winner?

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Man, give over.
Jurgen Klopp has won whatever is available to be won at Liverpool bar Europa League.
And it's not impossible for him to complete the set this season.
They came 2nd twice, 1 point off the league leader.
Lost another UCL final.
I wish my hometown team get coached by him, we're constantly drifting b/w third and second division it's painful.
Spent €1bn, 1 league in 8 years. Won the UCL in a year they didn't even win the EPL. Finished behind United in half his seasons despite us being in our worst period in 35 years. He's massively overrated.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Not so lucky today, last one definitely could have been given.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lucky in Ake & Ederson combining for that utter nonsense. And Doku hitting the post in the 88th.

But everyone was fearing that'd be a pen in the 98th min.
Doku apparently "skimming" the ball with his studs miles in the air!

redallover87

Spent €1bn, 1 league in 8 years. Won the UCL in a year they didn't even win the EPL. Finished behind United in half his seasons despite us being in our worst period in 35 years. He's massively overrated.
Wait a minute,winning the champions league only counts if you win the prem aswell?I guess 11 of sir Alex prem titles do not count, as he only won the champions league 2 times in 26 years....

As it stands,klopp has had 7 full season(his first season was afew months off being a full season) and one of those seasons was completely ruined by terrible injuries.He was easily outspent by man city,chelsea and united in that time,aswell as being outspent by arsenal lately.Man city and united never lost star players that they desperately wanted to keep(coutinho,mane,wjinaldum).

The other thing that people love to ignore is how he was robbed of 2 titles,which endorses cheating.Arsene wenger only got to 1 champions league final in over 20 years and he never won it.

Klopp inherited a midtable squad,pep inherited a squad that had not long won the title.

Not all managers can have players like Alexis Sanchez on £650,000 a week wages.

They may also win the prem this year...

Klopp is terribly underrated.When klopp came ahead of united,he won the prem,was robbed of 2 titles,got to 3 champions league finals,won the ucl,got points totals only bettered by the best man city side.But it is fine because united got top four afew times,only to get knocked out in the early stsges of the champions league.What have united sunk to ...

People can poke fun at the scousers,but i am not a fan of this agenda people have against a really great manager.

always_hoping

Lucky in Ake & Ederson combining for that utter nonsense. And Doku hitting the post in the 88th.

But everyone was fearing that'd be a pen in the 98th min.
Doku apparently "skimming" the ball with his studs miles in the air!
Yes certainly lucky how they equalised will Ederson do that again and then injured himself. It would have been typical lucky lucky Liverpool had they won with a penalty in the eight minute of added time.

Ahmer Baig

Klopp confronting the referee after the match, I wish ETH would come hard on refs like Klopp does when the decision goes against Man Utd. No wonder Liverpool gets most decisions their way.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp confronting the referee after the match, I wish ETH would come hard on refs like Klopp does when the decision goes against Man Utd. No wonder Liverpool gets most decisions their way.
Research research research. If we got most of the decisions our way Klopp wouldn’t be questioning the refs i.e. the penalty that should have been called at the end. Anyone who thinks a mgr shouldn’t question refs after a match is missing the point. In this day and age of VAR feckeps and percieved bias by the refs a mgr should have every right to question anything.

Rossa

They aren't the luckiest. According to pundits, they have the best CB in the world in VVD - arguably, they would say, the best in the PL ever. They have the best goalie in the world - arguably in PL history, they say. They also have the best right winger, in the world - arguably in PL history. They have the best attacking RB in the world in TAA. They have the leagues best LB in Robertson. McAllister has been absolutely brilliant whereever he's played. Szoboslai (???) is a world class talent. Nunes is impossible for any defense to handle. Diaz is a world class winger - one of the best around. Konaté is brilliant.

If anything, no player in the history of football has ever had so many world class players, and then when you add the best manager in the world as well, I'd say they are VERY unlucky not to win the treble, at the very least, every year. How they only have one league title speaks of ill fortunes.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
They aren't the luckiest. According to pundits, they have the best CB in the world in VVD - arguably, they would say, the best in the PL ever. They have the best goalie in the world - arguably in PL history, they say. They also have the best right winger, in the world - arguably in PL history. They have the best attacking RB in the world in TAA. They have the leagues best LB in Robertson. McAllister has been absolutely brilliant whereever he's played. Szoboslai (???) is a world class talent. Nunes is impossible for any defense to handle. Diaz is a world class winger - one of the best around. Konaté is brilliant.

If anything, no player in the history of football has ever had so many world class players, and then when you add the best manager in the world as well, I'd say they are VERY unlucky not to win the treble, at the very least, every year. How they only have one league title speaks of ill fortunes.
You jest, but you've nailed the bolded points. Fair play

Rossa

You jest, but you've nailed the bolded points. Fair play
It's impressive then, that you can boast a single, I mean ONE (1) league title in all those years. I'd argue that Allisson is one of the best, but not the best goalie in the world - he makes a fair few mistakes and is actually rather lucky that he isn't punished more for them. Kelleher hasn't done much worse in his absence? Courtois would be my shout. Robertson is actually fairly decent, relentless and an absolute prick on the pitch (feck me but he should have a fair few red cards more in his career), but I think it's just as much an indictment on the low quality of LBs around. How can City still carry on with Ake as their preferred LB? The only one I'd definitely agree with is Salah - he's one of the best RWs in PL history, arguably the best - as much as it pains me to say it.

One thing is interesting though, Liverpool have always been considered as having some of the best players around, yet silverware has always been lacking to an extent. One must surely be wondering why.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
It's impressive then, that you can boast a single, I mean ONE (1) league title in all those years. I'd argue that Allisson is one of the best, but not the best goalie in the world - he makes a fair few mistakes and is actually rather lucky that he isn't punished more for them. Kelleher hasn't done much worse in his absence? Courtois would be my shout. Robertson is actually fairly decent, relentless and an absolute prick on the pitch (feck me but he should have a fair few red cards more in his career), but I think it's just as much an indictment on the low quality of LBs around. How can City still carry on with Ake as their preferred LB? The only one I'd definitely agree with is Salah - he's one of the best RWs in PL history, arguably the best - as much as it pains me to say it.

One thing is interesting though, Liverpool have always been considered as having some of the best players around, yet silverware has always been lacking to an extent. One must surely be wondering why.
It's frustrating as a fan, to be honest. Looking back to some of the higher-profile games such as the CL final against Madrid, we've been perhaps overly confident, maybe buying into our own hype. I do think that some of our players are absolutely amongst the best in the game in their positions, the issue is when they are injured or fatigued - City having amassed a squad of brilliant players helps when they get some of their superstars injured, that and Pep being such an annoyingly good manager.