Liverpool fans being idiots in Barca, to the surprise of nobody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is there a worse behaved English club abroad? I'm not sure there is you know.
Chelsea's fans, England fans, generally most England fans when they go away? Russian fans are awful and then there's wide spread racism spread out around European football. Let's not pretend Liverpool fans are the only ones who act like inhuman piss-stains now and then.

It's a football problem. People generally act like idiots when they're drunk but I never hear about things like this happening within other sports.

singhters

True say Klopper76.

Some fans who have black players etc in their team abuse the opposition teams black or foreign players with racist chants and in some cases their own players within their own team, it's truly bizarre.

Just because you vote labour doesn't mean you can't be racist and same the other way round.

ArjenIsM3

Ajax are another club who can't go abroad without shite like this happening. Reports of clashes between groups of Ajax and Spurs fans yesterday too.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
True say Klopper76.

Some fans who have black players etc in their team abuse the opposition teams black or foreign players with racist chants and in some cases their own players within their own team, it's truly bizarre.

Just because you vote labour doesn't mean you can't be racist and same the other way round.
Yeah true. I used to go to school with this guy who was in the year below. He was an Arsenal fan but apparently used to racially abuse opposition players at games whilst also singing Thierry Henry's name during the same 90 minutes. How stupid can you be?

There's definitely some Liverpool fans who hate Muslims but then sing Salah and Mane songs every week. It's ridiculous stupidity.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
It's the hypocrisy & generalization that gets me in situations like this. There's thousands of Liverpool fans over in Barcelona right now & the vast majority are behaving themselves. Suddenly one knobhead gets filmed behaving like a knobhead & it's all Liverpool supporters are thrown into the same basket. Last season's incident with the Man City coach getting attacked is a perfect example. 8 pages of condemnation on here, many claiming it's a 'scouse' thing, when we all know it's not.

ATXRedDevil

From the espn article about 6 Liverpool fans being arrested:

“A police source told ESPN FC they were surprised by the behaviour of a selection of the English club's following, explaining that they hadn't expected it because of the excellent way Manchester United fans conducted themselves two weeks ago.”

Good on our fans.

Josh 76

Years ago I was at OT. Had a bloke near me. Andy Cole missed a chance to score. And he shouts 'You shit b**ck bastard".
Then he realises what he said, and says I'm so sorry guys. (He was genuinely sorry).

Was this guy racist? Or just stupid ?
I think he was more stupid than racist.

redshaw

I find it odd how Peter Moore starts of with that. The whole tweet comes across as jingoistic and us verses them.

Not to mention he's talking about so long ago and I don't agree with the word "all".

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Years ago I was at OT. Had a bloke near me. Andy Cole missed a chance to score. And he shouts 'You shit b**ck bastard".
Then he realises what he said, and says I'm so sorry guys. (He was genuinely sorry).

If you have the thought process to say that, even in a moment of anger, you're probably racist.

I never even think about saying something like that and I'm sure you don't either.

He was also stupid as well.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
From the espn article about 6 Liverpool fans being arrested:

“A police source told ESPN FC they were surprised by the behaviour of a selection of the English club's following, explaining that they hadn't expected it because of the excellent way Manchester United fans conducted themselves two weeks ago.”

Good on our fans.
Our fans were excellently behaved in Porto, Munich, Paris, Naples & Belgrade as far as I know. More often than not there's very little trouble, then a few idiots come along.

singhters

Yeah true. I used to go to school with this guy who was in the year below. He was an Arsenal fan but apparently used to racially abuse opposition players at games whilst also singing Thierry Henry's name during the same 90 minutes. How stupid can you be?

There's definitely some Liverpool fans who hate Muslims but then sing Salah and Mane songs every week. It's ridiculous stupidity.
Mate i've seen it all I'm asian, i was racially abused by a neighbour a few doors down, 2 days later she's got 2 black kids hanging around with her while she had called me osama, P word and the N word. I was like WTF ?????? is going onnnn huh confused . com.

It can work many ways, i've been called the P word by a chinese guy, which confused the hell out of me because although not right i don't really have a come back do i ??? I was so confused and shocked my brain didn't function to even respond i was just amazed like wtf.

People are weird, racism is an individual thing some people react with violence, some think its funny and laugh it off, some get depressed and cry, some call the police, depends on who you are and how strong you are we can all be affected by it be it black white asian etc etc.

singhters

Don't know people say things they regret in anger and in the heat of the moment, or he may have tourettes or in fact he was a hidden racist who knows.

crossy1686

career ending

I'd say racist but an absolute moron as well.

When someone of colour does something you're not happy with do you instantly jump to point out the race? Or is it more along the lines of being a moron? It's not intended racism but it's still racism, he still said it and he still implied that being black was a negative trait when there was absolutely no reason to bring skin colour into it.

Ibrahimorich

I'd say racist but an absolute moron as well.

When someone of colour does something you're not happy with do you instantly jump to point out the race? Or is it more along the lines of being a moron? It's not intended racism but it's still racism, he still said it and he still implied that being black was a negative trait when there was absolutely no reason to bring skin colour into it.
Probably get slated for this but I see this kind of "racism" as the same as calling someone a fat cnut. Really, they're calling them a cnut. You need a descriptor for this sort of insult though, that's just the way it works.

You [adjective] cnut.

So people say the first thing that comes into mind that's different about the 'target'. If they're fat, it's gonna be fat. If they're a different colour, it's gonna be that. I don't think saying things that can be interpreted as racist, is always racism.

I have long hair and have since I was a teen. The number of times I've been walking through any city and people shout abuse at me for having long hair. It's not racism but it's the same principle. I look different, so that's the target.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ok that's enough, this thread is starting to go off track.

Close Shutters

Status
Not open for further replies.