Kick-off
Sun, 22 March 2015 @ 1:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 70 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Needham

Lallana and Allen boss the match against City, but you're above that? Behave.
    Today's evidence, bud. City must have had an off day. Sterling sees them every day in training. Could be part of his reasoning.

Substitution for Liverpool

Gerrard for Lallana. Change of formation likely.

Gasolin

Do you really need Di Maria when you control that much the midfield and the pace with Fellaini, Herrera, Carrick and Mata?

Very strong half that put Liverpool in doubt. Anfield got quiet in 5mn of play. That's excellent.

Rafateria

United started very strongly as Liverpool looked very nervous .. especially Moreno who I had highlighted as a weak spot in the match pre-amble, preferring Johnson. However despite all the United early possession there was barely a threat bar the superbly taken goal. Liverpool, despite their poor start, picked up substantially over the last 15 mins of the half and should have gone in level ... it can't get much easier for Lallana than only the keeper to beat from 10m, a very poor miss.

If Liverpool continue in that vein then I can see us coming back as United seem content to try to pick Rooney out. Hopefully BR will yank Moreno for Johnson at HT and Henderson can step up, he has had a shite first half, as he did against Swansea and Blackburn before turning up in the 2nd half. Then this game is far from over.

podurban2

Looking forward to see what Di Maria can create here. Wishful thinking is Mata as #10 but Fellaini is playing well.

Rejoiced to see this United play, we have to keep this momentum going.

The Red Thinker

Then I'm not seeing it.

... Not for the first either. I just dont see what he brings to our team at the best of times, so my biased opinions are likely useless.
    Woow... really?? He's been invaluable for many many games this season.

You want to know what he does well? He works very well in tandem with Blind. His positioning is both defensive as it is offensive. What does that mean? It means that he makes calculated moves forwarded without allowing Liverpool to break behind him. His pressing game has been essential in shutting down Sterling as well.

That's what he brings to the team. A whole lot of work rate and whole lot of heart.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
    Supports
    MK Dons
    4 shots in total from both teams in 45 minutes. Yeah, I'll stick with my terrible performance from both teams opinion even though people are excited with nice goal(I am too, but if we faced half decent team today we wouldn't be leading).

Second-half kick-off

Revan

Assumptionman
    In Young's defense, because of him we haven't see Sterling at his best. Rooney just typical performance against the teams from Liverpool. Saying that he is working his socks off in pressing the defense.
    I thougt that Fellaini and Blind have been excellent on containing Sterling, but yeah, Young has helped there too.

SalfordRed1960

And despite that you have only really created one good chance.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Barney you have got to admit in the first 45 you have been bossed. You are at home, how many shots on target from you. How much possession have you had.

You go a goal behind and there has been maybe a 5 minute spell of response. Long way to go, but like Spurs, it is clear the Liverpool fans, players and manager underestimated United.

Proof of our re-resurgence will be if or when you get a goal.

Still think most United fans would take a draw if handed now.

prateik

Great.. Grandpa Gerrard coming on. I'll revise my 2 goal victory prediction. We should beat them by at least 3.

imperi

The only thing that's clicked is the manager realising we need to play quick football with our best technical players on the pitch and not out of form strikers.

He's done well drilling them in this formation though, last two games have been great entertaining football
    After 20 years of managing top teams, I've got this funny feeling he already knew this :rolleyes:. Though getting the fluency and balance to do that is hard, especially when your centre backs do not have the capacity to build up decently. Louis really improved them on that front, they are not panicking anymore. One of the key components to play this kind of football.

LARulz

We have to score, Gerrard will calm their game down massively and make them more composed

Red card for Liverpool (46')

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
    He is being manmarked though and actually his movement off the ball created that gap that Mata dove into for the goal. He's not playing as bad as you making him out to be.
    Yes hes making runs, clap clap for him. Hes not playing bad as Im making him out to be? Thats why 90% of the forum are also saying he has been shocking as well. Lets hope he scores second half.

46 min

Red card for Liverpool

Gerrard is off within 45 seconds of coming on!!!

He crunches into Mata with his first touch, then when in possession Herrera tries to tackle him and he stamps on the Spaniard.

Bye bye Slippy G, enjoy retirement/the MLS.

Big advantage for United now, they have to get the three points now...

shivab

obvious change. liverpool require someone to switch play from deep.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Juan Mata image Juan Mata 94% of 1119 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 878 ratings.

Score Predictions