g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:1 Manchester United

Anfield

Kick-off
Sun, 17 January 2016 @ 2:05pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
    We may need Fellaini at some point, and not in central midfield, further up the pitch, will wreak havoc with Mingelot.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
    Supports
    Liverpool
    Milner, Can, Allen, Henderson, Firmino and Lallana might not be overly talented but they can sure run. And run, and run and run. And then run some more. Hope they're not knackered from the Arsenal game.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
    Time Travel
    We may need Fellaini at some point, and not in central midfield, further up the pitch, will wreak havoc with Mingelot.
    The best way to hassle Mignolet is by pressing him and forcing him to use his left foot, Ander might be the best option there. Every time he kicks with his left he makes a tragic error.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
    ''I fancy we'll give this shower a thorough rectal probing with a very cold, calculating finger. If we can score 3 against Arsenal, anything less than 18-0 v United will be something of a disappointment.''

Forget logic and reasoning at RAWK.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
    The best way to hassle Mignolet is by pressing him and forcing him to use his left foot, Ander might be the best option there. Every time he kicks with his left he makes a tragic error.
    Mingelot shits himself on corners, absolutely shocking. Fellaini should be a plan b if we're chasing late on, nowhere near mobile enough to be starting.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
    Supports
    Liverpool
    Milner, Can, Allen, Henderson, Firmino and Lallana might not be overly talented but they can sure run. And run, and run and run. And then run some more. Hope they're not knackered from the Arsenal game.
    Can completely fell asleep against Arsenal in the second half. I think I'd swap him for Lucas or Allen for this game personally. Lucas is slower but a bit more aware of what's around him and I think we'd be less exposed with him in there. He's also not played in a week and a half so should be fresh for Sunday. Now I've said that he'll probably pull his hamstring in the opening five minutes.

Silverman

Has anyone signed up to RAWK? I would love to reply to some of those deluded twats.

Parry Gallister

Derby, so who knows. We've both been relatively low scoring this season so you'd think a draw or one either way but...

SalfordRed1960

Last year they got taken apart because of their pressing leaving enormous gaps, e.g. Mata's first goal.

I hope they do the same and come at us, we will have a better chance. Really hope Fellani is not even in the park. I would rather use a youth player with legs. We just need to concentrate and play the simple ball, not pass to the nearest player next to us.

I am confident we will cut them open, not so sure about keeping them out. Will depend on the team selection. Need to realize we fecked up at the toon through not fighting for the ball until the end.

kr0nix

Bit harsh on Can and Firmino?

Water Melon

Liverpool's pressing and high tempo will cause us problems. We will have to defend well collectively not to concede first. Unfortunately, I can't see us doing that. LvG will go ultra defensive, so we will have more of the ball, but will not attack much, thus giving scousers enough time to recharge and continue to attack with intensity. Hope, I am very wrong though.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
    At least this is on at a decent time so I can watch it.
    Just hope it's not shite.
    A win might get people off LvG's back for a while.

Winrar

''I fancy we'll give this shower a thorough rectal probing with a very cold, calculating finger. If we can score 3 against Arsenal, anything less than 18-0 v United will be something of a disappointment.''

Forget logic and reasoning at RAWK.
    I know we're not that great but 18? he's taking the piss surely.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
    Supports
    Liverpool
    Bit harsh on Can and Firmino?
    Right now those two haven't consistently shown to be anything other than. Their ceilings are high but their lift is currently stuck on the fourth floor.

If you play Carrick, Schweini and Fellaini then you could get overrun. But then you have to play Fellaini, rather than a runner, to target Mingolet. It's a tough one.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    De Gea
    Yong Smalling Blind Jackson
    Carrick Schweinsteiger
    Martial Lingard Memphis
    Rooney​
    That team would get us battered.

Carrick and Bastian away from home in against a high energy team. Disaster. Same thing we did against Arsenal.

Out of form Memphis whose been hooked at HT in most of our big games this season?

And Jackson isnt ready for Anfield.

Godfather

Just please no draw. A loss would cost LvG's job which I'd welcome. A win would mean a win against Liverpool, which I'd welcome even more. A draw would be the worst outcome.

Martin(6)Buchan

Would hate to be beaten by these of any teams they are on par with City and I will have some uncomfortable days ahead of me.

ZupZup

I fear for us if we try the possession game here, I recall this high press high energy game they employed against city and see smalling and blind getting caught out by it.

As much as he stunk us out last night Fellani might be the safe (let's not get beat) option up front as a target man to nullify the Liverpool pressing game. Horrible.
    Completely agree. Some of the so-called lesser sides have had more success against this Liverpool by going longer and more direct... taking Liverpool's 'high press' out of the game. Not how I would like to see us play but think we are severely at risk employing our usual style of play and having Smalling and Blind just try and pass our way forwards.

Zoo

They will probably come flying out of the blocks. I just hope we're ready for it and aren't blitzed like we were at the Emirates, where it was game over after 15 minutes.

Needham

Rooney will finally take Anfield. This game screams more mad facial expressions to add to the Klopp Goofy Tit 2015/16 Album than all the matches he's managed so far combined. Looking forward to it.

PickledRed

Supports
    Liverpool
    United's best performance of last season was at Anfield. Arguably the best United performance at Anfield in 20 odd years. Really took Liverpool apart and the Gerrard red card cemented United's dominance.

Interesting that both teams drew 3-3 this week. Liverpool's draw felt more like a victory in some ways whereas United's was a huge kick in the teeth...

It's up for grabs here.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

God, their famed 'wit' and 'wisdom' are boring...

RAWK: Liverpool v United Match Preview ~
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325540.0

Not everything written there is nonsense:

I personally don´t think they have a bad squad: they are lacking a goalscorer, someone with pace on the flanks, and maybe some energy in midfield, but that squad should be playing much better than they are at the moment. If, God forbid, Klopp had taken over, I doubt we would still be seeing them just keeping the ball without purpose for large stretches of the game any longer.

Klopp working with our players showed me how important the coaching can be in a short space of time. When we demolished City, we had the likes of Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino all running across & through their defensive lines relentlessly dragging players out of position with them. Then had runners from deep arriving in the space that created. I just hadn´t seen that before from those players (especially Lallana & Coutinho) and it was a real glimpse into how he wants his players to open teams up when they attack. It was very Dortmund-esque. Just that one little change, from coaching, makes a huge difference to how your side plays in attack. It creates a lot of movement, space, runners and allows you to change the tempo to take advantage of the openings that movement creates. You just don´t see that from United (or Liverpool before Klopp) and I think that is entirely down to coaching. Martial, Mata, Memphis, Herrera would all perform very well in that sort of attacking system. If they were coached to do so.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
    Scout
    Jurgen Klopp has issued injury updates on six Liverpool players, but has no idea when Daniel Sturridge will return.

Liverpool currently have five players sidelined, but have struggled with as many as 12 injuries in recent weeks, including long-term absentees Martin Skrtel and Divock Origi.
    Klopp has confirmed that Dejan Lovren will not be available to face Manchester United on Sunday, but has more positive news with regards to four other players.

Captain Jordan Henderson has recently made his return to first-team action after suffering a couple of knocks, while Jordon Ibe and Mamadou Sakho (both hamstring) were described by the German as “okay” ahead of the clash at Anfield.

Klopp added that defender Kolo Toure “is still in the ice bath” after suffering cramp against Stoke in the Capital One Cup earlier this month.

But the manager had less positive news on the fate of Daniel Sturridge.

The England international is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury, having missed the majority of the season due to knee and hip setbacks. The 26-year-old has suffered eight separate injuries since joining Liverpool in winter 2013.

When asked whether Sturridge would be fit to face United at the weekend, Klopp simply replied: “No.” When asked whether he had any idea of a potential return date, Klopp again replied: “No.”

(Source: TLW)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
    Scout
    Klopp, from his press conference:

Klopp on van Gaal: "He is one of the most successful managers in the world. He has a special idea of football & you have to respect this."

Klopp on SAF: "I had really good moments with Sir Alex. It was an honour to talk with him. Maybe he's the greatest ever - the John Lennon of football."

That Lennon comment will go down well. :lol:

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Klopp, from his press conference:

Klopp on van Gaal: "He is one of the most successful managers in the world. He has a special idea of football & you have to respect this."

Klopp on SAF: "I had really good moments with Sir Alex. It was an honour to talk with him. Maybe he's the greatest ever - the John Lennon of football."

That Lennon comment will go down well. :lol:
    Why has Mr Lennon not asked Klopp to become his successor.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Want:

----------------DDG-------------
    Darmian-Smalling-Blind-Young
    -----Schneiderlin-Herrera------
    Lingard------Rooney-------Depay
    -------------Martial-------------

Is Carrick back?

BootsyCollins

Liverpool will not sit back, so if we can keep tight in defence we will win i think.

I would play :
    ---------------DeGea-------------
    Darmian--Smalling--Blind--Young
    ----------Morgan--Herrera-------
    Lingard------Rooney----Memphis
    -------------Martial--------------

With Mata(Lingard), Fellaini(Memphis) and Perreira(?) as subs

ottosec

We're shit and generally I'm not very confident going into games these days, but these feckers somehow manage to be even shittier than us.

3-0 (Fellaini x3)

Tyrion

They're worse than us and their league position reflects that (just) but they're at home and we're in that stage where the manager is just waiting for the club to find his replacement.

2-1 to Liverpool but I still think we'll finish above them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 633 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw