Liverpool will win the league

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
Just putting it out there, I think Mbappe would bring toxicity to a dressing room. Just the vibe I get from him, maybe because of the extent he’s had it his own way at PSG.

We never sign players at their peak like that anyway. Thiago is the only one and Bayern were happy to let him go which speaks volumes. Maybe Alisson.

Everyone else we’ve signed would be in the up and coming bracket.
Liverpool won't touch Donatello even with a bargepole; ain't worth the headache.

On the flip side, Neymar came to Barcelona with diva baggage but he got it together for MSN trio period.
(Best attacking trio ever existed)
Eventually it flared up again when he agitated for a move to PSG to be a leading man.

Maybe Klopp have the cajones to rein in Mbappe for short-term but we all know FSG is stickler for long-term project.
Ergo, ain't happening

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool won't touch Donatello even with a bargepole; ain't worth the headache.

On the flip side, Neymar came to Barcelona with diva baggage but he got it together for MSN trio period.
(Best attacking trio ever existed)
Eventually it flared up again when he agitated for a move to PSG to be a leading man.

Maybe Klopp have the cajones to rein in Mbappe for short-term but we all know FSG is stickler for long-term project.
Ergo, ain't happening
There are 74 million reasons a season he will not join Liverpool. Its fun listening to the worry but it’s so far unrealistic unless of course he comes on a free or reduced fee and Salah is sold. I suppose all that escarole would pay for his wages for a few years.

Ghirahim

Liverpool lost the league when Tsimikas broke his collarbone. Gomez at LB is a liability.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The front line are so fecking brainless, it is astonishing how they are top of the league. They all cause chaos, so maybe that's the trade off, create a bucket load of chances, but only score 30% of them. I can't see this team beating City over a full season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The front line are so fecking brainless, it is astonishing how they are top of the league. They all cause chaos, so maybe that's the trade off, create a bucket load of chances, but only score 30% of them. I can't see this team beating City over a full season.
This is interesting, because there's been a massive discussion on Flumenensie and their chaos like tactics.
Liverpool maybe could be held in similar regards.
Although I think they are, or at least certainly recently, relying on individual brilliance to see them through.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This is interesting, because there's been a massive discussion on Flumenensie and their chaos like tactics.
Liverpool maybe could be held in similar regards.
Although I think they are, or at least certainly recently, relying on individual brilliance to see them through.
So I have seen videos on this, but that seems to be extreme overloads and lack of shape which sows the seeds of chaos there. Liverpool is directness and pace in behind, but still quite a traditional build up. The randomness of decisions and technique up top seems to be so bizarre - Nunez a prime example, but Szolozbai is no different and Diaz today felt the same.

Oranges038

Saw some Liverpool fans on the BBC HYS moaning about Elliott getting booked for waving his arms around but Arsenal players weren't.

Laughable really.

Antarion

Apparently it’s been tracked since 2010. 13 seasons is a pretty big sample, no?
I think it is since 2016 (they mentioned it on twitter)

And don't forget two penalties is already like 1.5 xG
Still an impressive number though

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Saw some Liverpool fans on the BBC HYS moaning about Elliott getting booked for waving his arms around but Arsenal players weren't.

Laughable really.
Weren't you all crying a few weeks back when Dalot got his two yellows while Nunez wasn't booked for dissent or something like that?

The majority of football fans think that they are getting hard done by by the referees and/or they hold a grudge against their particular team and that's what's laughable really.

mctrials23

Elliott got booked for that awful hairdo hopefully.

In all seriousness though, this is why people accuse refs of being shit. The only way you can argue your way out of this inconsistency as a ref is to say "I didn't see it" but I don't see how thats a defence. You should be looking and in both cases he threw a fit straight after the decision went against him.

Oranges038

But coming off that Dalot red, especially after what Nunez got away with earlier in the game, it's just funny seeing them whinge about the same thing going the other way a few weeks later. Especially in the smae week where they got given two penalties for what were arguably dives.

Weren't you all crying a few weeks back when Dalot got his two yellows while Nunez wasn't booked for dissent or something like that?

The majority of football fans think that they are getting hard done by by the referees and/or they hold a grudge against their particular team and that's what's laughable really.
Yeah, so what? It's just funny seeing the shoe on the other foot with all the whinging, especially since it was only a yellow card after a stupid foul and Dalot got sent off for less.

For the record, I think all players should be booked when they react like petulant spoilt children like Odegaard, Bruno etc.

RedRocket9908

I still think Liverpool will fall down the table one the fixture congestion catches up with them, there is a reason that no one has ever won tbe Premier League while playing in the Europa League.

Guy Incognito

Liverpool have probably peaked too early.

More gears to City's game. Haaland to come back. KDB is their talisman.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
there is a reason that no one has ever won tbe Premier League while playing in the Europa League.
Probably because the teams playing in Europa are generally weak

How many top leagues have been won by teams playing in Europa league

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Probably because the teams playing in Europa are generally weak

How many top leagues have been won by teams playing in Europa league
That could all change this season… scousers top of prem, Leverkusen top of Bundesliga and both in Europa.

Remember the geese

I would rather the scousers get a 20th than a city second treble.
Why? City are meaningless. A soleless franchise. Any trophy they win, other than at our expense, should come with relief because it prevents one of our rivals (who are genuinely big clubs) from winning anything.

DJ_21

I’d forgotten city won a treble to be honest whereas if Liverpool match our titles…..nah not having it
Ye that’s because they’ve won 1 just like us… if they win 2 we’ll never forget it.

DJ_21

Why? City are meaningless. A soleless franchise. Any trophy they win, other than at our expense, should come with relief because it prevents one of our rivals (who are genuinely big clubs) from winning anything.
Liverpool will only match us. City will overtake us with 2 trebles and 4 PL in a row which no other team has ever done.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Liverpool will only match us. City will overtake us with 2 trebles and 4 PL in a row which no other team has ever done.
City's success means nothing, and could still be wiped from the history books anyway. Give me City winning the league every year over the scouse.

DJ_21

City's success means nothing, and could still be wiped from the history books anyway. Give me City winning the league every year over the scouse.
I doubt they’ll get done for anything now.

Remember the geese

But it's City. Who cares what they do? Their success is irrelevant, unlike Arsenal's or Liverpool's. So many of our fans wanted us to be owned by similar owners to that of City, but what satisfaction could be gained from winning a league that way? It would be a case of 'well, what do you expect?'.

thisisnottaken1

I’m sorry, but as I’ve said elsewhere, I seriously don’t agree with the people saying that City’s success is okay. I do agree that it is artificial and doesn’t count, but the history books won’t say that, and after all, they’re our local rivals. It’s a nightmare come true. Obviously Liverpool winning the league would be horrendous as well, but I personally can’t just sit there and pretend that City winning doesn’t mean anything. It 100% does, and it hurts. And not just because I engage with idiots on Facebook and Instagram.

lex talionis

City will lift the PL trophy, but no one will be fooled. It's a criminal enterprise and everyone knows it.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I’m sorry, but as I’ve said elsewhere, I seriously don’t agree with the people saying that City’s success is okay. I do agree that it is artificial and doesn’t count, but the history books won’t say that, and after all, they’re our local rivals. It’s a nightmare come true. Obviously Liverpool winning the league would be horrendous as well, but I personally can’t just sit there and pretend that City winning doesn’t mean anything. It 100% does, and it hurts. And not just because I engage with idiots on Facebook and Instagram.
Nobody has said City's success is okay to be fair. It just stings a lot less than any Liverpool success, and there are several valid reasons for this. It's a shit situation that we are in that it comes down to City or Liverpool, but I think it is okay to prefer one over the other.

thisisnottaken1

Nobody has said City's success is okay to be fair. It just stings a lot less than any Liverpool success, and there are several valid reasons for this. It's a shit situation that we are in that it comes down to City or Liverpool, but I think it is okay to prefer one over the other.
Fair. It’s just that as a younger person who’s experienced a lot more of City’s success proportionally, both would sting a lot.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Neither scenario is palatable in the slightest, but it really doesn't even come close for me, I wouldn't want to see the scousers win a raffle let alone anything else.

I guess I'm lucky in one way that I don't know a single City fan in my day to day life, but on the other hand I live in Merseyside, for my sins, and know plenty of those gloating bastards so I say bring on another empty street parade for those plastic fecks, I really don't care anymore.