Liverpool will win the league

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's hard to chill out when the same thing happens again. Then again. And then again. Becomes unforgivable at some point, right?
We knew before yesterday that Diaz lacks end product and Nunez can be a frustrating player in front of goal at times. They are no Mane and Suarez. However I do not see many viable alternatives out there that would make us a better team next season who are (i) attainable and (ii) wouldn't cost us an absolute fortune.

Haaland misses sitters as well, Arsenal have to deal with Gabriel Jesus as a "finisher", each team has their weaknesses. I don't think anyone argues that this current team can contend with our best version from a few years ago, but we are still level on points with the league leaders and there's a lot of games to be played. Frustrating afternoon yesterday and we should've put the game to bed before we conceded the equalizer imo but it was arguably our toughest remaining fixture however shit United has been playing recently. Focus on the next games now, it'll go straight down the wire this one.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They always beat Everton.
The myth returns. They're always very nervy games at Goodison. We raise our game a bit and Liverpool get a bit nervous. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw or close win to Liverpool.

Dr Foo

City and Arsenal are stronger technically. You look at Liverpool’s team last night vs ours - the main difference is that Klopp has got them working above and beyond the sum of their parts versus our disjointed chaos.

There is a sense that Liverpool will need to huff and puff more to a title, which is expected given they just revamped their squad this season.

Arsenal won’t concede the chances Liverpool did against us tonight and will probably beat us easier, and Spurs are spurs. City are slightly weaker this season but still look elite going into the business end. Only CL commitments may affect them

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
City and Arsenal are stronger technically. You look at Liverpool’s team last night vs ours - the main difference is that Klopp has got them working above and beyond the sum of their parts versus our disjointed chaos.

There is a sense that Liverpool will need to huff and puff more to a title, which is expected given they just revamped their squad this season.

Arsenal won’t concede the chances Liverpool did against us tonight and will probably beat us easier, and Spurs are spurs. City are slightly weaker this season but still look elite going into the business end. Only CL commitments may affect them
Grealish and Stones returning makes them an elite team. Foden has found his goalscoring boots again and no doubt B Silva will do so soon too. Let's not forget Haaland will get a goal or 10 in the remaining PL/CL fixtures.

Can't see CL being too my much distraction for their PL run in. Liverpool are a season to soon to be challenging the juggernaut. Third is about right for us. I would love second (so we can pick up any title being dropped downwards post 1-1-5).

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Grealish and Stones returning makes them an elite team. Foden has found his goalscoring boots again and no doubt B Silva will do so soon too. Let's not forget Haaland will get a goal or 10 in the remaining PL/CL fixtures.

Can't see CL being too my much distraction for their PL run in. Liverpool are a season to soon to be challenging the juggernaut. Third is about right for us. I would love second (so we can pick up any title being dropped downwards post 1-1-5).
You're not imploding post Klopp then?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You're not imploding post Klopp then?
Sorry, yes I forgot to add we're a season too early but unfortunately Klopp won't be around for the following one. :(

Amorim is going to need one or two seasons to bed his new style in. We won't be relevant for a while.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The myth returns. They're always very nervy games at Goodison. We raise our game a bit and Liverpool get a bit nervous. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw or close win to Liverpool.
It’s hardly a myth, you’ve won one out of the last 30 against them.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It’s hardly a myth, you’ve won one out of the last 30 against them.
We won 4 of our last 8 PL games against them, and he responded to a post saying "they always beat Everton".

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Would be surprised if Liverpool beat West Ham, Fulham, Everton and Villa all away. If they don’t City will finish above them. I’d also be surprised if Arsenal beat United and Spurs away…if they don’t City will finish above them. City definitely favs again.

RuudTom83

Watching Liverpool win the league is by far the bigger evil, compared to watching Arsenal crowned champions.

Best case scenario would be City adding another title which nobody will care about.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Fair. They bottle when it matters though, can’t remember them ever taking meaningful points.
I don't really disagree with that. We make it nervy for them quite a bit and give them a tough game but the history of the fixture and not winning definitely makes us struggle to get over the line in a lot of those draws.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Watching Liverpool win the league is by far the bigger evil, compared to watching Arsenal crowned champions.

Best case scenario would be City adding another title which nobody will care about.
Nah. City 4 in a row would be terrible. Arsenal miles the best option.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I didn't realise you only won or lost in football.
As seen yesterday draws hurt as much in title races as defeats. Arsenal drew three games successively last April and that was it for their title challenge really.

I'd expect Liverpool to win at Goodison but I think it will be more comfortable for them to win at West Ham or Fulham.

The game at Anfield was 0-0 up to the 75th minute and Everton had only 10 men from the 40th minute so Everton as they always are in relegation run ins will make it scrappy and put endless men behind the ball.

RuudTom83

Nah. City 4 in a row would be terrible. Arsenal miles the best option.
Rubbish! 4 in a row that's a title for every season ticket holder ;) who fecking cares

Arsenal haven't won in for something like 20 years(?) that far more painful to witness.

Liverpool will forever be the no.1 enemy.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Fair. They bottle when it matters though, can’t remember them ever taking meaningful points.
During 18/19 we drew against Everton at Goodison towards the end of the season (last 10 games maybe). A win would've had us finish a point above City.

We don't always have an easy time at their place.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
As seen yesterday draws hurt as much in title races as defeats. Arsenal drew three games successively last April and that was it for their title challenge really.

I'd expect Liverpool to win at Goodison but I think it will be more comfortable for them to win at West Ham or Fulham.

The game at Anfield was 0-0 up to the 75th minute and Everton had only 10 men from the 40th minute so Everton as they always are in relegation run ins will make it scrappy and put endless men behind the ball.
[/QUOTE]
During 18/19 we drew against Everton at Goodison towards the end of the season (last 10 games maybe). A win would've had us finish a point above City.

We don't always have an easy time at their place.
I think I read we have only lost two of the last 10 against you at Goodison.

thisisnottaken1

Rubbish! 4 in a row that's a title for every season ticket holder ;) who fecking cares

Arsenal haven't won in for something like 20 years(?) that far more painful to witness.

Liverpool will forever be the no.1 enemy.
Arsenal winning would hurt a bit but City beating one of our records will hurt so much more. You’re right that it doesn’t really count, but plenty of people actually do care and this will unfortunately win over the hearts and minds of future fans. It’s in our best interests that they win as little as possible.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

always_hoping

Hopefully you get them nervy again and at least draw as I don't see Liverpool dropping many if any more points in their remaining games.

Mike Smalling

But I really, really, really hate Arsenal, Wenger, Arteta!
Same. Can't stand Arteta and some of their players like Ødegaard are extremely unlikeable as well. I honestly find a bit hard to choose between Arsenal and Liverpool for who I'd least like to see win, but I suppose the narrative around Klopp's last season in charge tips it in their favour (meaning I'd rather see Arsenal win it).

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Same. Can't stand Arteta and some of their players like Ødegaard are extremely unlikeable as well. I honestly find a bit hard to choose between Arsenal and Liverpool for who I'd least like to see win, but I suppose the narrative around Klopp's last season in charge tips it in their favour (meaning I'd rather see Arsenal win it).
I get the Artera thing, but Odegaard?!

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Annoying face, constantly flailing his arms to rile up the crowd and always adjusting his hair.

I think he's an awesome player, but I can't stand watching him.
Ha ha, I do actually know what you mean with the hair thing. At least Artera doesn’t seem to have that problem- it looks like his hair has been painted on with tar.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Most on here disagree but I'm with you. I'd take City over the others. Don't see them as a serious team.

lysglimt

Scout
I just read that Jarell Quansah had to limit his social media because he received so much abuse after his mistake against us. Poor guy

Irwin99

It might be more of a chance for them and Arsenal if they were eliminated from Europe considering they both only have a one point advantage on City and with slightly harder fixtures. That Quadruple vanished awfully quickly- and we had our part to play in it :D

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
A lesson to take from this game:

Gasperini used perfect tactics against them and Klopp had no answers.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Has to win the league now, would be a failure if they don't.

justsomebloke

.....anyone else having the thought that they might be taking the exit to maximise their PL chances? I mean, it is only the Europa, and 0-3 against Atalanta is a LOT.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
.....anyone else having the thought that they might be taking the exit to maximise their PL chances? I mean, it is only the Europa, and 0-3 against Atalanta is a LOT.
No? They played a full team and were well beaten. They were just shite. End of the day it would only be 2 more games during the league if they go through.

Statue of Limitations

I'm now utterly convinced that the wheels have fallen off.
No chance at all they will win more points than Arsenal or Man City.

erikcred

Just like Karius, if you make a mistake there then you’ll be walking alone and looking over your shoulder.
Credit for that goal should really be shared between Van Dijk and Bruno. Van Dijk actually backed away from Bruno preparing for his usual jog alongside the attacker with no idea where the goalie was.