Liverpool

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
To be honest I can see another slip up from Liverpool happening against Palace.

Somehow it feels like the cosmical energy has changed since we firred Moyes and the universe is smiling on us again.
If City beat Everton on the saturday, there is every chance Liverpool could slip against Palace on monday.

To go from almost winning it to not even being top in the space of a week has to have an impact on the squad.

Similarly if City drop points, expect a strong Liverpool display.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Somehow it feels like the cosmical energy has changed since we firred Moyes and the universe is smiling on us again.
This.

Palace to get at least a point. Tony Pulis rearguard at its best.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I've never wanted City to win a game more than against Everton. Hopefully, a 94th minute Tony Hibbert own goal to rub it in even more.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think City will win it from here. Liverpool won't make-up the GD anyway, that is a definite. I know City could still slip but I'm not sure. I think the Liverpool slip-up will re-focus City. They won't do it again. I expect them to win all 3 remaining games comfortably.
Never doubt City's remarkable ability to balls things up....

Raw

I knew the loss of Henderson would affect them greatly, he's been magnificent this season.

Hopefully Palace can do everyone a favour and nick a result off Liverpool somehow to ease the pressure of the Everton v City game.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
The Everton v City game is 2 days before the Palace vs Liverpool game...

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Surely Everton wont want to give Liverpool the title though?? I mean they've lost 4rth place now anyway havent they?
They have Spurs breathing down their next for 5th place. Finishing 6th means starting the season very very early.

DFreshKing

Liverpool will get more than 10 goals in their two remaining games. There is only a slim chance that City can win all three and if they do their GD will be inferior come the end. I'm 99% certain that Liverpool will win it.
jinx attempt? there is no way they are overturning an eight goal difference in two games. They either win by points or have slipped at the last.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Liverpool will need better than an 8 goal improvement in their goal difference anyway.

If City win all three of their remaining games, their current goal difference will be improved by 3 goals at the very least (assuming just the one goal margin in each of their victories). That would mean their GD is 11 better than Liverpool's is now, at the end of the season.

Hence, Liverpool would need to improve their own goal difference by 12 goals or more in just two games. Almost an impossible ask.

If City win their next three games, they win the league.

Manucho the boss

The Sun really hate the Scousers don't they, even when they should be leading with the story of Suarez winning POTY this is the headline they use

I presume any buyout was only activated if Liverpool didn't make Champions League? Prob more bollocks from that rag.

Last edited:

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Why on earth did it have to be Gerrard that slipped? Of every fecking player, why him? It's absolutely heart breaking stuff, genuinely. This is one of the reasons that I still believe we'll win the league.

If City beat Everton then we have to look at storming Palace. It'll take a relentless 5 or 6 goal performance. God knows what the Newcastle score will be, but if there's a game where there's the potential to score a tonne it's against them at Anfield. Usually if we get four or five goals we take our foot off the pedal, but in these games we have to go hell for leather for the entire 90.

I still think City could drop points against Villa or the Ev and I wouldn't rule out either doing us a favour especially if Villa still aren't safe.

Manucho the boss

Why on earth did it have to be Gerrard that slipped? Of every fecking player, why him? It's absolutely heart breaking stuff, genuinely. This is one of the reasons that I still believe we'll win the league.

If City beat Everton then we have to look at storming Palace. It'll take a relentless 5 or 6 goal performance. God knows what the Newcastle score will be, but if there's a game where there's the potential to score a tonne it's against them at Anfield. Usually if we get four or five goals we take our foot off the pedal, but in these games we have to go hell for leather for the entire 90.

I still think City could drop points against Villa or the Ev and I wouldn't rule out either doing us a favour especially if Villa still aren't safe.
City +8 goal difference on Liverpool at the minute, if we're considering City win last 3 games to bring goal difference into it, then the minimum they can get from that is +3 goals, that's 11 goals liverpool need to score minimum, while conceding none. City are at home in 2 of the games and average 3 goals per game at home. I think you're clutching at straws to be honest, it's city drop points or 2nd place for you guys.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
City +8 goal difference on Liverpool at the minute, if we're considering City win last 3 games to bring goal difference into it, then the minimum they can get from that is +3 goals, that's 11 goals liverpool need to score minimum, while conceding none. City are at home in 2 of the games and average 3 goals per game at home. I think you're clutching at straws to be honest, it's city drop points or 2nd place for you guys.
I'm an eternal optimist. :)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Why on earth did it have to be Gerrard that slipped? Of every fecking player, why him? It's absolutely heart breaking stuff, genuinely.
Yes, all of us here had tears in our eyes after that incident happened, Barn.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Looks like Adam Lallana is going to be a major target this summer.

Oliver Kay of The Times:

http://t.co/ZyjBoSBvK1

Henry Winter of The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...international-Adam-Lallana-in-the-summer.html

Would love him here. I was unsure on him a few months ago, but he's convinced me this season. I'd have him in a heart beat, he's a brilliant player and I think he'd be perfect for Brendan's system. The Times article also mentions Shaw who is another that I think would be a great addition. I'd pay £45m for the pair in a heartbeat.

Edit: Posted it in the transfer forum instead.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Looks like Adam Lallana is going to be a major target this summer.

Oliver Kay of The Times:

http://t.co/ZyjBoSBvK1

Henry Winter of The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...international-Adam-Lallana-in-the-summer.html

Would love him here. I was unsure on him a few months ago, but he's convinced me this season. I'd have him in a heart beat, he's a brilliant player and I think he'd be perfect for Brendan's system. The Times article also mentions Shaw who is another that I think would be a great addition. I'd pay £45m for the pair in a heartbeat.

Edit: Posted it in the transfer forum instead.
Would Lallana be first choice in Rodgers' diamond? You already have Coutinho, Gerrard, Sterling and Henderson as the first choice 4. Followed by Allen and Lucas as back up.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Would Lallana be first choice in Rodgers' diamond? You already have Coutinho, Gerrard, Sterling and Henderson as the first choice 4. Followed by Allen and Lucas as back up.
I don't think Rodgers will necessarily persevere with the diamond for much longer. If he does, then I'd imagine he'd be used in rotation. It'll be Gerrard + Henderson + 2 Others.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
One of 'pool or City will drop points again. One team always does in the last couple of games in title races.

ZDwyr

Never doubt City's remarkable ability to balls things up....
:lol: true. We'll have to wait and see I guess. I think Everton are cooked though. Despite their win against us they have dropped a level I feel. So I don't think they'll be able to hold off a title chasing City. Especially with Barry and Mirallas out.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
City are massive bottlers. Like Gary said, it is hard to trust them. Mentally as fragile as a combination of Tim Henman with an English penalty taker.

They almost blew it against a shite QPR side a couple of years ago. They have some tough games left. If Liverpool win their remaining two games they'll still be in with a great shout.

It isn't over yet.

It's really annoying that Chelsea ballsed it up against Sunderland. Otherwise it would've been all over.

Last edited:

markorm

Liverpool will draw against Palace.
Amen!

You don't go to Sellhurst and expect a win, not after they've just been beaten.

He'll tighten the back up and get a solid performance out of them.

They may even nick a goal.

Tell you what though, I'm seriously looking forward to this weekend, I don't have any of that stomach churning nerve I usually get when we're in the mix.

I don't want to get used to it, mind. :nono:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
City's goal difference in better by 8 goals currently. If they win their 3 remaining games, then that would add at least 3 goals to their GD..meaning Liverpool would need to score 11 goals in their 2 games.

If City win their games, then it is highly unlikely that Liverpool will end with a better goal difference.

Liverpool will need better than an 8 goal improvement in their goal difference anyway.

If City win all three of their remaining games, their current goal difference will be improved by 3 goals at the very least (assuming just the one goal margin in each of their victories). That would mean their GD is 11 better than Liverpool's is now, at the end of the season.

Hence, Liverpool would need to improve their own goal difference by 12 goals or more in just two games. Almost an impossible ask.

If City win their next three games, they win the league.
Obviously, I agree.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
City are massive bottlers. Like Gary said, it is hard to trust them. Mentally as fragile as a combination of Tim Henman with an English penalty taker.

They almost blew it against a shite QPR side a couple of years ago.
They have some tough games left. If Liverpool win their remaining two games they'll still be in with a great shout.

It isn't over yet.

It's really annoying that Chelsea ballsed it up against Sunderland. Otherwise it would've been all over.
To be fair to them, the lats time they were in the mix at this stage of the season, they didn't bottle but we did.

redevil2

You are right!! With us not involving in the title race, it would have otherwise very dull and miserable few weeks. Thank God we have Giggsy and Chelsea coming to the rescue. Yeah, it's more interesting than thought so it's a very pleasant surprise. :)

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Liverpool will draw against Palace.
Sadly, I think you're right. The momentum has gone from our run now, & I seriously doubt we'll get it back for our visit to Selhurst Park. I also think City will win comfortably at Everton. They looked dead on their feet at Southampton. & without a few of their key players for the visit of City, I can't see anything other than a stroll for the Manchester club.

Mister Ed

The Sun really hate the Scousers don't they, even when they should be leading with the story of Suarez winning POTY this is the headline they use

I presume any buyout was only activated if Liverpool didn't make Champions League? Prob more bollocks from that rag.
I'am already happy to see Real Madrid want him, been awfully quite about that this season, almost to the point I started to believe they weren't going to go after him. No doubt the universe gave Perez a vision about Suarez holding a CL trophy next year, in a Real Madrid shirt, the moment we firred Moyes. It all feels like devine intervention, the Gerrard slip that make Liverpool bottle it versus a Chelsea B-squad that clearly came for a point and now the Spanish usurpers coming to claim their prize asset. Next season LFC again on the 7th place and we in their stead and Rodgers getting the axe for bottling it Moysie style and all will be right again :wenger:

Care_de_Bobo

To be fair to them, the lats time they were in the mix at this stage of the season, they didn't bottle but we did.
I think it's fair to say we both looked like we were trying to throw it away at various stages of the season.

The most obvious lack of bottle or character was clearly shown by QPR though. After they'd just conceded the equaliser, I was absolutely flabbergasted to see a professional footballer actually hoof the ball into the corner straight from kick off with 3 whole minutes left. I've watched a lot of football and that was by far the stupidest thing I've seen any player do.

ZDwyr

They almost blew it against a shite QPR side a couple of years ago. They have some tough games left. If Liverpool win their remaining two games they'll still be in with a great shout.

It isn't over yet.

:lol: Brilliant.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I think it's fair to say we both looked like we were trying to throw it away at various stages of the season.

The most obvious lack of bottle or character was clearly shown by QPR though. After they'd just conceded the equaliser, I was absolutely flabbergasted to see a professional footballer actually hoof the ball into the corner straight from kick off with 3 whole minutes left. I've watched a lot of football and that was by far the stupidest thing I've seen any player do.
Haha - yep agree with both of your points there!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
It's such a shame city play before Liverpool. Otherwise if they dropped points I could cheer for Everton. It's hard to see both losing one of their last two games and with my Liverpool supporting friends being my most annoying I'll be supporting City.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They won their last 6 games?
After turning a 5-point lead into 8-point deficit in a matter of weeks at one point. They even managed to go 2-1 down to QPR on the final day and wouldn't have won that game if those cnuts hadn't known that they're staying up.

Thisistheone

Maybe I'm wrong but I always felt our collapse in 2011 was down to complacency rather than losing our nerve. Once Arsenal had beat City on the sunday it felt like it was won and we played like that for the rest of the season.