Liverpool

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Looks like they took City's Kippax re-build plans, up-scaled it a bit and painted it red. Just build a state of the art new stadium & ground share?
I much prefer the traditional four-stand stadium compared to the modern bowl design. This rebuild will retain the aura of Anfield & provide modernization at the same time, as well as being a more cost-effective option. It's a win-win situation really.

Ground sharing is an unthinkable idea.

Nozzy

I much prefer the traditional four-stand stadium compared to the modern bowl design. This rebuild will retain the aura of Anfield & provide modernization at the same time, as well as being a more cost-effective option. It's a win-win situation really.

Ground sharing is an unthinkable idea.
Ok, I hear that, I love Goodison, Loftus Road, Craven Cottage etc but if Liverpool are to join the big boys of Europe, they have to compete in seat numbers & this won't achieve that AND on a Corporate match day entertaining level which, means a Stadium people in their thousands, want to spend the entire day at, spending cash in restaurants etc. Only a new Stadium, can provide such facilities.

In many ways, United messed up by not going for the complete rebuild & we have a hotch-botch of a stadium, with detached sections & an atmosphere that suffers as a result.

Why is it good enough for the Milan sides to share & not for the Pool or Sheffield or Bristol where as we know, families are split red & blue - I don't get it?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Ok, I hear that, I love Goodison, Loftus Road, Craven Cottage etc but if Liverpool are to join the big boys of Europe, they have to compete in seat numbers & this won't achieve that AND on a Corporate match day entertaining level which, means a Stadium people in their thousands, want to spend the entire day at, spending cash in restaurants etc. Only a new Stadium, can provide such facilities.

In many ways, United messed up by not going for the complete rebuild & we have a hotch-botch of a stadium, with detached sections & an atmosphere that suffers as a result.

Why is it good enough for the Milan sides to share & not for the Pool or Sheffield or Bristol where as we know, families are split red & blue - I don't get it?
Reports are that match day revenue will be second only to Manchester United, which suggests that we will indeed be optimising Anfield as a match day venue to the extent required.

Not groundsharing means we're able to retain a vital part of our identity, rather than splitting it with another club. We're also a much bigger club than Everton and thus have excellent match day potential if we expand to the extent required. There's no need for us to share with Everton, really.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

John Henry (our owner) stated about a year ago that too much is made of the need for bigger attendances in order for Liverpool to compete. He claimed that the club made more from commercial & sponsorship deals than they did from matchday revenue. We're starting to get it right, on, & off, the pitch. Provided that continues, then the financial rewards will follow. An extra 10,000 to 15,000 extra supporters, with a lot more corporate facilities, is obviously going to help

I'm absolutely delighted that we're staying at our home. It can inspire our players no end, & can often have a debilitating effect on a lot of opposition players. I seriously doubt a shiny new stadium will ever replicate the claustrophobic, intimidating, atmosphere of a fired-up Anfield crowd.

Nozzy

Reports are that match day revenue will be second only to Manchester United, which suggests that we will indeed be optimising Anfield as a match day venue to the extent required.

Not groundsharing means we're able to retain a vital part of our identity, rather than splitting it with another club. We're also a much bigger club than Everton and thus have excellent match day potential if we expand to the extent required. There's no need for us to share with Everton, really.
Ok, look forward to the extra ticket allocation ;)

Nozzy

John Henry (our owner) stated about a year ago that too much is made of the need for bigger attendances in order for Liverpool to compete. He claimed that the club made more from commercial & sponsorship deals than they did from matchday revenue. We're starting to get it right, on, & off, the pitch. Provided that continues, then the financial rewards will follow. An extra 10,000 to 15,000 extra supporters, with a lot more corporate facilities, is obviously going to help

I'm absolutely delighted that we're staying at our home. It can inspire our players no end, & can often have a debilitating effect on a lot of opposition players. I seriously doubt a shiny new stadium will ever replicate the claustrophobic, intimidating, atmosphere of a fired-up Anfield crowd.
I read in the Echo that phase one will only add 8,500 extra seats, not a huge increase.

I feel United got it very wrong & Liverpool seem to be going down the same route. Each phase of Old Trafford's development has made the place less atmospheric, although more profitable for sure. We've had a similar redevelopment to the one proposed for the Anfield Main Stand. First came the new Stretford End as a result of the no standing legislation. United's 1960's North Stand was completely rebuilt, then another tear added (if memory serves), then the two ends behind the goals were increased & then the two quadrants (corners) were filled in. Each addition has managed to alienate the sections from each other & I expect the same to happen the Anfield, which would be unfortunate.

Nozzy

Not sure about the extra tickets, but I've heard that the opposition supporters will be located on the other side of the Anfield Road end. This will make access to coaches parked on Arkles Lane much quicker & easier.
Now that will be appreciated ;)

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
That corner from Aspas. That's enough to be sold on the spot in my opinion.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
This was posted by a liverpool fan i know.

Are you kidding me? Watching Rodgers see his team play is like watching Jesus have the final supper with his 12 apostles. Liverpool FC is not just a football club, it's holy, it's hard to explain to the non-believer. Anfield is like a church, like a place of worship. Liverpool FC, just the name, the red of our red, it shines in the sun, the song, the whole box and dice...it's amazing. Liverpool FC represents everything that is great in the world. Why anyone would want to follow anyone else in Europe has got me beat. We are the rulers of the free world, we are God's team. In fact, I think Gerrard could very well be God. Either that, or he is one of the apostles.
Our trophy room is a tourist attraction, best club song in the world, best strip in the world, even the name, Liverpool FC, best club name in the world, best fans in the world. What is there not to love about LFC?
LFC...YAWN

I think i need to see what drugs he is on
:lol:

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
That corner from Aspas. That's enough to be sold on the spot in my opinion.
It really was awful wasn't it, just at a time when were were putting on a bit of pressure too.

Though the defeat yesterday hurts I've always said i'd look to the plenty of positives we have going around us at the moment, and the fact that at the start of the season I'd have said you were on drugs if you said we'd be finishing no lower than third & already in the Champions league with a shot of the title at this point. Hopefully the fact city's three opponents left still have something to fight for will go against them and we win our last two.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It really was awful wasn't it, just at a time when were were putting on a bit of pressure too.

Though the defeat yesterday hurts I've always said i'd look to the plenty of positives we have going around us at the moment, and the fact that at the start of the season I'd have said you were on drugs if you said we'd be finishing no lower than third & already in the Champions league with a shot of the title at this point. Hopefully the fact city's three opponents left still have something to fight for will go against them and we win our last two.
If Arsenal win today, top 4 is as good as over for Everton. Aston Villa play Hull at home before travelling to Etihad. Win that and they are safe before travelling to City. West Ham will be practically safe before the last matchday as well.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
:nervous: Not looking great admittidley is it, though this season has been a funny one, everytime somone is declared favourites for the title they mess it up....that's what little hope im grasping on to in the meantime though at least.

Crustanoid

Liverpool are still nailed on guys, does anyone actually trust City enough at the moment to win all their games?

Its written in the stars this year....let them enjoy it.....:(

Thisistheone

Still, Liverpool staff and players must be fecking scratching their heads this morning. Title seemingly won. 11 games won on the bounce but still not enough. 5 points clear yesterday but could be in 3rd place by the time they play next. And on top of all that, Steven Gerrard has possibly blown the league for them.

Bet that stings.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Liverpool are still nailed on guys, does anyone actually trust City enough at the moment to win all their games?

Its written in the stars this year....let them enjoy it.....:(
If City beat Everton in the next match, the title race is over. That would have been a big if not so long ago, but other than making Moyes look like a chump, Everton have gone off the boil.

Shark

@NotShark
The season City beat us to the title, their trip to Newcastle gave us a bit of hope, but they brushed them aside 0-2 with ease. I have a feeling that it's going to be a similar outcome with Everton.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
As great as yesterday was, and I enjoyed the madness, I still can't help but feel City will still need Liverpool to drop points again, although if that's then the case, Jose's rabble suddenly arrive on the scene again, it's a bit of a mad year.

mark_a

Pressure's on City though, which means it's off Liverpool.

Yesterday's defeat will either spur Liverpool on or cause them to wobble further. Personally, I reckon it'll spur them on.

Though, for me, it's anyone but Liverpool to win it.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Liverpool will still win the league.

City still have to face Everton away and West Ham, Villa at home. City's recent away record at Everton is awful. Villa are fighting for their lives and do very well against the top teams. Liverpool on the other hand play already safe Palace and a terrible Newcastle side. Newcastle are so bad Liverpool might fancy giving them a real drubbing and trying to outdo City's GD if necessary.

Crustanoid

Liverpool will get more than 10 goals in their two remaining games. There is only a slim chance that City can win all three and if they do their GD will be inferior come the end. I'm 99% certain that Liverpool will win it.

ManUnitedCanuck

I don't think I can stand the sight of Gerrard and Suarez hoisting the Cup. Hoping it doesn't turn out that way but if it does they deserve it.

The table don't lie come the end of the season.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Liverpool will get more than 10 goals in their two remaining games. There is only a slim chance that City can win all three and if they do their GD will be inferior come the end. I'm 99% certain that Liverpool will win it.
City's goal difference in better by 8 goals currently. If they win their 3 remaining games, then that would add at least 3 goals to their GD..meaning Liverpool would need to score 11 goals in their 2 games.

If City win their games, then it is highly unlikely that Liverpool will end with a better goal difference.

ZDwyr

I think City will win it from here. Liverpool won't make-up the GD anyway, that is a definite. I know City could still slip but I'm not sure. I think the Liverpool slip-up will re-focus City. They won't do it again. I expect them to win all 3 remaining games comfortably.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
That's more like it ZDwyr ;) City will definitley win it now. Nope, no way they can throw it away at this stage, absolutley no chance....

Mister Ed

To be honest I can see another slip up from Liverpool happening against Palace.

Somehow it feels like the cosmical energy has changed since we firred Moyes and the universe is smiling on us again.