Television The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Godfather

If I recall right yeah. Was a direct enemy of Sauron.

Unless it's about his reincarnation. But not sure what that story will be about
Both were the first age but different time periods I think.
Thanks guys. Well this will be interesting, although I hoped to see Morgoth at some stage but maybe we will anyway!

Amarsdd

Just came across this video :lol: . Just the kind of "fans" I hate of anything. And I can probably correctly guess what other things in the popular media he hates just based on watching 5 min of this video.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Just came across this video :lol: . Just the kind of "fans" I hate of anything. And I can probably correctly guess what other things in the popular media he hates just based on watching 5 min of this video.
This is you promoting your YT channel on the sly, isn’t it?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
More details:

This is a title that we imagine could live on the spine of a book next to J.R.R. Tolkien’s other classics. The Rings of Power unites all the major stories of Middle-earth’s Second Age: the forging of the rings, the rise of the Dark Lord Sauron, the epic tale of Númenor, and the Last Alliance of Elves and Men,” said Showrunners J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay. “Until now, audiences have only seen on-screen the story of the One Ring – but before there was one, there were many… and we’re excited to share the epic story of them all.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Elrond not as Hugo weaving will be weird

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So Numenor is included. Potential TV gold there.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Mordor pronunciation continues from the movies with even more emphasis

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Look at all the geeks tugging each other off — it’s beautiful to see.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Just seen the trailer for this.

You gave me nothing, except the most important thing: when it's coming out, and that's all I need to know :drool:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Somewhat unrelated to this new AMAZON show/production but I've just finished watching The last instalment of the Hobbit trilogy and I surprisingly enjoyed it, for the most part.
The visuals had great depth and weight, especially with the execution of Smaug, and the classic LOTR score continued to give great texture to the film.

But my major issue continued with the performance from Martin Freeman, who was horribly miscast.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Freeman was the best thing about the movies and he was barely in it at times

AaronRedDevil

Somewhat unrelated to this new AMAZON show/production but I've just finished watching The last instalment of the Hobbit trilogy and I surprisingly enjoyed it, for the most part.
The visuals had great depth and weight, especially with the execution of Smaug, and the classic LOTR score continued to give great texture to the film.

But my major issue continued with the performance from Martin Freeman, who was horribly miscast.
Nice trolling. Also nice to see someone not shitting on the Hobbit trilogy. No way near as bad as people make it out to be. Very enjoyable.

Fingeredmouse

Nice trolling. Also nice to see someone not shitting on the Hobbit trilogy. No way near as bad as people make it out to be. Very enjoyable.
It is relatively poor compared to its bigger sibling. The Jackson on crack action sequences and the horrible continuity being the biggest issues.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Freeman was the best thing about the movies and he was barely in it at times
I found he lacked variation and screen presence in his performance which is somewhat understandable because he was still green-behind-the-ears at that point.

Elijah Wood, for example, in the earlier films put in a far more nuanced and realistic performance and, fundamentally, his experience showed.

I do have another issue with the film, but this is a general annoyance I have with most action films, and this is : slow motion.
I loath slow motion filmmaking in action films. It's gratuitous. Its eye rolling. It's lazy.
There to put more emphasis on the emotional weight of a scene when in fact it, more often than not, comes across, ironically, as shallow ,cold and over stylized.
I just hate it so much.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I found he lacked variation and screen presence in his performance which is somewhat understandable because he was still green-behind-the-ears at that point.

Elijah Wood, for example, in the earlier films put in a far more nuanced and realistic performance and, fundamentally, his experience showed.

I do have another issue with the film, but this is a general annoyance I have with most action films, and this is : slow motion.
I loath slow motion filmmaking in action films. It's gratuitous. Its eye rolling. It's lazy.
There to put more emphasis on the emotional weight of a scene when in fact it, more often than not, comes across, ironically, as shallow ,cold and over stylized.
I just hate it so much.
Jackson has a love for slow motion too. I fecking hate it as well.