Loris Karius appreciation thread

automaticflare

He even started doing his hair like DDG, and to be fair he had started to put in a few solid performances.

The tragedy is that Liverpool will throw stupid money at another keeper in the summer.
They should

They should have done it two years ago in fact
Another Klopp flaw

Champagne Football

Not since Paul Robinsons career was ruined against Croatia has there been such a mother of all cock-ups.

I have two things to say
1. WTF was he thinking
2. LMFAO

Last edited:

Bwuk

Couldn’t happen to a nicer team.

His teammmates not even acknowledging him - YAWN indeed.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Honestly his mistakes were so bad that if he was a Pakistani cricketer, @Dumbstar would be call it a complete match fix.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm all for ridicule (especially when it concerns Liverpool), but "you're sons deserve to die of cancer"

What the actual feck is that. That actually went through someones head and he proceeded to post in on the internet and send it to him. The mind boggles.

Seij

Probably the worst single game from a goalkeeper in a professional football match. It was so atrocious that I'm wondering how much Perez paid him off for that.

Okey

Freedom of Manchester for Loris! United legend he is. I don't if I'm supposed to feel bad for how much I enjoyed that. About the Twitter trolls...I ignore such low lifes. Anybody who would post such isn't really worth any serious thought. One of the tragedies of the social media age. Our new legend does need protection if there's actual threats being made though. The crazies still roam the earth sadly...

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Absolutely disgusting how not one team mate, coach or the manager didn't go near him at full time.

Yes, he made two costlty errors but, the guy is obviously in a bad way.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
As fun as it is mocking him, I hope the guy didn't have a history of mental illness or clinical depression. Even the whole club was blaming him it seems.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I'd sign him and let him be a highly paid #3/**** hero. He's earned it.

Red Stone

Absolutely disgusting how not one team mate, coach or the manager didn't go near him at full time.

Yes, he made two costlty errors but, the guy is obviously in a bad way.
Agreed. I don't think I've ever seen a player break down like that after a match and I didn't see a single Liverpool player go up to him. He was left to stew in his misery by his own team mates. That famous Liverpool team spirit my arse.

Classy by Nacho, Asensio and Bale to go up and have a word with him fairly soon after the kick-off, but it must have made it all the more obvious to Karius that his team mates completely abandoned him.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Don't think it's disgusting. He let down the team there. They're not gonna be covering him with garlands.

Red Stone

Don't think it's disgusting. He let down the team there. They're not gonna be covering him with garlands.
Have you heard the phrase "Win as a team, lose as a team"? I'm not saying they should shower him in gifts and offer to do his dishes, but just leaving him there when he's clearly not dealing well with his emotions is poor. They should have showed him he still had the support of his team despite having a shit game at the worst moment possible.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
That's not an excuse to abandon him like that. He's a human being

Plenty of players have let their side down in the past, but I've never seen a lack of support like that tonight

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That's not an excuse to abandon him like that. He's a human being

Plenty of players have let their side down in the past, but I've never seen a lack of support like that tonight
They're human beings as well. They've lost a big game, they're upset. I don't think they're thinking rationally at that moment nor thinking about Karius specifically.

The coaching staff perhaps should come in. The other players were in their own world of torment.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Agreed. I don't think I've ever seen a player break down like that after a match and I didn't see a single Liverpool player go up to him. He was left to stew in his misery by his own team mates. That famous Liverpool team spirit my arse.

Classy by Nacho, Asensio and Bale to go up and have a word with him fairly soon after the kick-off, but it must have made it all the more obvious to Karius that his team mates completely abandoned him.
If I was his team mate I wouldn’t go up t him either. He single handedly fecked up their entire season with two laughable mistakes. He should he hounded our of Anfield and rightly so. You just can’t do that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nah they're teammates. They left him out all alone while the guy was devastated. Yeah he made 2 massive mistakes and was a big part of it (they probably would've lost anyway, they didn't do anything since Salah got injured), but the teammates should always be there around you. Embarrassing from their team.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
While It's all fun to laugh at Liverpool, I got to feel for him after that. It is going to take a massive mental effort to recover from that match for him, and I can't see him being at Liverpool much longer if he wants to play. No way Klopp trusts him in big matches again, and the fans are going to turn on him the moment he steps on the field.

Red Stone

If I was his team mate I wouldn’t go up t him either. He single handedly fecked up their entire season with two laughable mistakes. He should he hounded our of Anfield and rightly so. You just can’t do that.
Yes, because everyone knows that hanging a team mate out to dry as soon as they feck up is exactly how you build a strong collective that's willing to put in an extra shift and make sacrifices for the good of the team as a whole.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I did notice that, especially since the referee had called fouls on Navas twice, but Karius should surely have called for help if it was serious, and also he made some good saves after that (in between his mistakes).

Sterling Archer

Yep. Now the worry of a Liverpool win is over, I hope Loris will be ok.
Aye I'm curious to see what his reception will be at anfield. Couple of the tweets point out the irony, and I agree. If you're club is about the You'll Never Walk Alone anthem then you damn well better show it at.a.time.ljke this

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
If this happened in Malaysia he would be investigated for match fixing.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He reminds me of Taibi. Thankfully with Taibi was that "meaningless" game, and Fergie decisively kicked him out right away.

Treble

He made stupid and hilarious mistakes but let's not be cruel. It's not his fault that he started the game in the first place. It's Klopp's.

Gerrard's slip is another story. He kind of deserves the mockery because of his treatment by Liverpool fans and English media.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Wouldn't want to be him in the dressing room, training ground or even the flight back. Anyone who's played football for a bit knows how alone you can feel when you're responsible for a loss. I imagine it's more intense when it's the CL final.

ti vu

Never laughed so hard at a goalkeeping error. God bless Karius and all he's done today.

Only problem is that Liverpool might go all out for a goalkeeper this summer now...
What problem? I can't remember the last solid GK L'pool had in all my years following football.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Ouch!

That's horrible. Some of those people even had their real faces on their twitter accounts. They've embarrassed themselves more than Karius ever did tonight.