Loris Karius appreciation thread

fergie8613

It's Coutinho I feel sorry for......he must be devastated not to be getting a winner's medal.

Klopp must have more silver now than Judas.

Magnus

Another mad swede
I feel bad for the lad. I wanted them to lose ofcourse, but i don't wish that for any athlete. He'll be reminded of last night every day for the rest of his life. In a worst case scenario he won't be able to bounce back and this could ruin his life. Hope he's strong mentally.

Glad pool didn't win but i for one hope that this won't destroy Karius completely.
There are kids dying from starvation in for example Africa every day and you feel sorry for this multimillionaire?? YAWN? Not a single LFC player consoled him? YAWN my Arse. feck you Liverpool you bindipping twats

Bocca9978

No matter how many times you watch the goals (other than Bale’s first) you just can’t get how the feck he has done either of them.

It also pisses me off, and I don’t think it’s been mentioned much, that at full time not one Liverpool player went to console him. None. Real players were first to him and don’t think there’s any footage of a Liverpool player doing it.

Yes he is to blame but team mates should be better.

finndt

There are kids dying from starvation in for example Africa every day and you feel sorry for this multimillionaire?? YAWN? Not a single LFC player consoled him? YAWN my Arse. feck you Liverpool you bindipping twats
I wouldn't bring third world problems into this. No need. But i don't get the idea that a wealthy and successfull people would somehow be immune to bad things in life. I bet Enke was probably in a very dark place. Felt bad for him and his family as well. Yes, Kairus plays for the club we all in this forum love to hate. I just felt bad for him as a person.

Reactions: SteveJ

Skills

Snitch
They should go after Buffon on a free if they have any sense.
I don't know how Juventus fans would take one of their legends playing for Liverpool. They still despise the club and the fan base.

Ainu

So we can't feel sorry for anyone having a particularly terrible time because there are children dying in Africa? Right. :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for him. He may be a Liverpool player but he's also just a human being and he'll have woken up today to worldwide internet abuse and ridicule. I wouldn't want to know what that does to a person. Seeing him walk up to fans and holding up his hands in apology was a sad sight.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What the feck does that have to do with the comment I've made? If anything it reinforces what I've said.

Many Liverpool fans will be happy with where they are now, many Liverpool fans will not hold this against Karius because he has been a solid keeper since January.

Karius is a decent keeper that facilitates Liverpool's quick transitions from deep. That's Liverpool's level. They can't expect to get the best goalkeeper's in the world just because they have history.
I don’t believe you know any Liverpool football fans let alone the history of the two great clubs

Prodigy24

No matter how many times you watch the goals (other than Bale’s first) you just can’t get how the feck he has done either of them.

It also pisses me off, and I don’t think it’s been mentioned much, that at full time not one Liverpool player went to console him. None. Real players were first to him and don’t think there’s any footage of a Liverpool player doing it.

Yes he is to blame but team mates should be better.
Yeah that looked very bad, probably made him feel even worse. YAWN and all that...

Denis79

Happy they lost but man I feel sorry for Karius... He had the worst game of his whole career in probably the most important match he'll ever play.

It will haunt him for a long time.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don’t believe you know any Liverpool football fans let alone the history of the two great clubs
You know there are Liverpool fans on this very forum that have said exactly what I've said. They are happy with qualifying for the CL two season in a row and are enjoying that they aren't 7th place anymore. They have also said that they are generally happy with Karius and that he just had a really bad game.

Liverpool do not have a divine right to have a certain standard of player and Liverpool fans know that. They are a work in progress and getting good players in the transfer market. Most would be content with where they are now.

Josep Dowling

As a football fan who can’t stand Liverpool it was the most comical of ways to lose a Champions League final.

On a human level you have to feel sorry for the guy. Not a single Liverpool player went to console him after the game. He’s getting abused on social media. Psychologically he will be a mess for quite a while.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can people in this thread sort their fecking auto-correct out so that every attempt at YAWN doesn’t read YAWN please?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'm delighted for them, the fact that it was 2 MASSIVE feck ups by one of their players makes it even sweeter. :lol:

Also creates a problem for them this summer as they will absolutely have to prioritise replacing their keeper now. :D

untitled_6899

Liverpool got themselves level at 1-1 and it was Bale’s wonder goal that put Real Madrid ahead at 2-1 not Karius’s fumble, but Liverpool supporters will direct their anger to him

Liverpool were just not good enough

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Liverpool got themselves level at 1-1 and it was Bale’s wonder goal that put Real Madrid ahead at 2-1 not Karius’s fumble, but Liverpool supporters will direct their anger to him

Liverpool were just not good enough
You don't think the keeper is to blame for conceding 2 of the most ridiculous goals you'll ever see, in a game you lose by 2 goals?

OK, seems to make sense.

untitled_6899

You don't think the keeper is to blame for conceding 2 of the most ridiculous goals you'll ever see, in a game you lose by 2 goals?

OK, seems to make sense.
No of course he is to blame, but the Liverpool supporters are using those horrendous mistakes as the sole reason why they lost the game when that wasn’t the case

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The lack of care shown to him by his teammates (and some of his own fans on Twitter) seems far worse than any amount or amusement from United fans. I get that the Liverpool players must have been feeling bad, but for a team whose whole style is supposed to be about teamwork it feels bad.

As for the mistakes, it's a dreadful time for them to happen, but that fumble of the Bale shot is one of those nightmare things that happens to keepers sometimes. Whether he had a moment's indecision about whether to catch or punch or if he lost the flight in some way - it happens, it's just not supposed to happen if you're trying to win a cup final.

The first one though is as much about Klopp and the team tactics. If you pick a sweeper keeper based on his ability to distribute fast then it's a gamble. Yes, he had plenty of time to do a proper job, but pausing and thinking is not what got him the job. In a cup final, against an experienced striker, you hope that the keeper will know to be that bit more cautious, instead he went the opposite way.

We should applaud him. He's given us all a great gift, and some great gifs.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Should Karius' teammates and manager be consoling him or should they be bollocking him for losing them the final? Or does the bollocking get done in the dressing room following a public display of consolation?

Woodzy

Should Karius' teammates and manager be consoling him or should they be bollocking him for losing them the final? Or does the bollocking get done in the dressing room following a public display of consolation?
If Klopp has any sense he should just be looking for a replacement as soon as possible.

There's no point giving him a bollocking though.

Reiver

As a football fan who can’t stand Liverpool it was the most comical of ways to lose a Champions League final.

On a human level you have to feel sorry for the guy. Not a single Liverpool player went to console him after the game. He’s getting abused on social media. Psychologically he will be a mess for quite a while.
Agree with both your points. Wasn't watching closely after full time but I did not see any of his teammates offering any support which I thought was pretty poor.
Of all Liverpool's players, I would not have picked a couple of howlers from Karius as their way of losing it. Would much rather it was captain fantastic Henderson instead. Still, any port in a storm.

Fauzan

As a United fan I'm so glad Liverpool lost but one's gotta feel for Karius as a human and sportsman.

He must be a broken man. Surprised none of his teammates went to console him (not that words could heal him but it would have been a nice gesture)

Reactions: SteveJ

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The lack of care shown to him by his teammates (and some of his own fans on Twitter) seems far worse than any amount or amusement from United fans. I get that the Liverpool players must have been feeling bad, but for a team whose whole style is supposed to be about teamwork it feels bad.

As for the mistakes, it's a dreadful time for them to happen, but that fumble of the Bale shot is one of those nightmare things that happens to keepers sometimes. Whether he had a moment's indecision about whether to catch or punch or if he lost the flight in some way - it happens, it's just not supposed to happen if you're trying to win a cup final.

The first one though is as much about Klopp and the team tactics. If you pick a sweeper keeper based on his ability to distribute fast then it's a gamble. Yes, he had plenty of time to do a proper job, but pausing and thinking is not what got him the job. In a cup final, against an experienced striker, you hope that the keeper will know to be that bit more cautious, instead he went the opposite way.

We should applaud him. He's given us all a great gift, and some great gifs.
Nah. You could say that if he was doing some Neuer-esque sweeping or trying to outplay an opponent instead of hoofing it, but not throwing the ball at a player who is right under your nose is so very basic that it's simply an inexplicable individual mistake.
One of the German broadcasters showed how Ramos crashed into him with his shoulder one or two minutes before the 1-0, maybe he was still a bit dizzy.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
His best option if he has any choice in the matter is to stay at Liverpool and redeem himself somehow. Running away will finish his career but he may be on the transfer list now and have to take the best offer going. He's young and the saying is that you learn by your mistakes. Players look massive bellends for not consoling him, fans will look the same for ignoring their YAWN myth.

TheReligion

Abusive

Yeah I feel the same.

Feel sorry for the guy. His team mates didn't care in the slightest.