Love/Hate

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Could one of our lovely Irish members please tell me why Darren has turned psycho?

Haven't seen any of Series 3 yet, just bits on You Tube, and in Seasons 1 and 2, he wouldn't have killed a woman - or maybe a man either - the way he did this time round.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
That is quite freaky. I saw this for the first time in a few years on Sunday and was going to start a thread to ask was it always so entertaining.

All I would say about Darren is that I might.

Decotron

Im about to watch the most recent episode...I love it i must say. Great show. Some of characters are quite realistic i think. Reminds me of some of the lunatics you'd hear about...

Cina

I keep meaning to watch it, but sadly there are very few ways to 'obtain' it online, so I mgiht actually have to buy the box set. The general consensus is that it's a great show, the best RTé have produced in a very long, long, long time.

(did not know Livvie was Irish)

Livvie

Scout
I keep meaning to watch it, but sadly there are very few ways to 'obtain' it online, so I mgiht actually have to buy the box set. The general consensus is that it's a great show, the best RTé have produced in a very long, long, long time.

I isn't.

So can anyone answer my question in the OP?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's not so much that he's turned to a heartless killer, he's in desperate need of cash. And certain, 'unavoidable' situations arise.

Watch it, it's great.

Livvie

Scout
It's not so much that he's turned to a heartless killer, he's in desperate need of cash. And certain, 'unavoidable' situations arise.

Watch it, it's great.
I will when it's on sale.

Robert Sheehan is looking horrendously thin though.

Livvie

Scout
I was jesting, in that he's a pretty as a picture.
Oh, he's definitely that.

I'm not jealous of his being thin. I'd like to volunteer to fatten him up.

Livvie

Scout
I was more poking fun at me half fancying him. Well not half, but defo a little bit.
Nothing to be ashamed of. He's too pretty to be a guy.

Stephen87

Only caught up on this. Great show from rte for once.

Darren is completely different this season, seems to be willing to murder anyone for some money.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Nidge is a f**king wanker.

Livvie

Scout
Been following it via Twitter.

Not buying this series. :(

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21

youtube

Name Changed

weso26
Great show. Started watching it about a month ago after buying series 1 & 2. Watched them is less than 3 days.

Watched all of season 3. Brilliant. Finally my licence fee is actually doing something worthwhile.

Cina

Just finished season 3 there, wow, what a show this is. Never seen anything like that from RTE, superb stuff.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Its great TV and you'll find some of the episodes if not all on piratebay.

Kinky Melinky

Started watching this having been told all about it when we went back to Ireland for Christmas. Starting season 3 tonight. It's quite hard hitting, and extremely realistic. I'm not sure what's going on right now in Ireland, but when I was there I always remember reading day in day out about some scum bag who had murdered someone from a rival drug gang

fecking loons

Kinky Melinky

Watched series 1 and 2 today, love it.
Yeah I'm at that point too. Going to start series 3 tonight. I've been using 'let me watch this' but it's frustrating because sometimes the streams don't load.

Can somebody PM me an alternative solution

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Love this show, it's turned into a bit of a cult thing in ireland now too, every cnut is watching it.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Just started season 3.

I didn't think RTE had it in them to produce such a fine show.

Bravo

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
It just got bought by Channel 5 in the UK. They'll be showing it from the start soon.

Would advise you all to watch it when it starts. Dictionary might come in handy.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Just finished series 1. Not that pushed about it so far to be honest.
Dude from The Wire whose name escapes me is totally miscast. There's no sense of malice when he's on screen. Plus, his Traveller accent is off.

I hear series 2 & 3 are excellent, though.

Livvie

Scout
Just finished series 1. Not that pushed about it so far to be honest.
Dude from The Wire whose name escapes me is totally miscast. There's no sense of malice when he's on screen. Plus, his Traveller accent is off.

I hear series 2 & 3 are excellent, though.
For someone who is Irish, Aiden Gillan's accent actually sounds fake - it was just awful in that May Day series a few weeks back.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Yeah, he needs some voice training or something. It's an issue in Game of Thrones as well actually. He has a different accent from series to series.

And again, for a guy who's supposed to be the arch villain in Love/Hate he's not in the least bit intimidating. In fact, his half brother in the show is more intimidating.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah, he needs some voice training or something. It's an issue in Game of Thrones as well actually. He has a different accent from series to series.

And again, for a guy who's supposed to be the arch villain in Love/Hate he's not in the least bit intimidating. In fact, his half brother in the show is more intimidating.
His accent in GOT really is bizzare, it wanders through Irish, Welsh, Scottish, English and Dutch, yet somehow doesn't sound quite like any of them. That doesn't bother me as much as his actual voice though, which has moved from normal to a Connery-esque burr to Batman. On top of that he changes the way he stresses his words from sentence to sentence.

Love/Hate is good though. Didn't like season 1 at all but season 2 was a big improvement.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
bought the box set, season 2 disc wont work but lost the blooming receipt

ahhhhhh

will have to try and find season 2 somewhere, really enjoyed season 1