Love/Hate

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Good start to the new series, that. I agree with those who Tommy's demise disheartening, as we now more than likely have lost another terrific character like Darren.

I still believe Fran is one of the best characters out of any television series I've ever watched. Every time he opens he mouth I find myself giggling like a little child.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
My prediction...

Fran gets thick with Nidge, they fall out.
Fran and Tommy have an altercation where Fran spills the beans on Nidge beating him. Tommy then remembers everything as it comes back to him. He also tells him about what really happened with Darren.
Tommy heads after Nidge, kills him. But Frano then takes out Tommy, leaving Fran with everything.

But then there is the RA element to so in short, I have no fecking idea how it plays out

Name Changed

weso26
Seems a bit incredulous all right. How could they not have noticed he's practically brain dead?

Other than that I thought it was very good.
Maybe it's an act and his way to lure Nidge into a false sense of security.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Never thought of that! Could well be his plan. Could seriously backfire though if they know he's gone back to the house of the kinapping, therby incriminating them and decide to do away with him because they can't rely on him to keep his mouth shut because he's not right in the head anymore. Any time they got into trouble with the police throughout the series they've always been going through who might talk and who won't. I remember John Boy in particular when the lads got done in the hotel room with the drugs. He would have been willing to get rid of anyone who might incriminate him. Fran has also shown similar logic in beeing willing to get rid of anyone who could incriminate him.

Kinky Melinky

Just watched the 1st and 2nd episode of season 4. It's quality TV. It's the closest thing I've seen to Breaking Bad without actually being better.

Cina

This show really is brilliant. The second episode was fantastic.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Ehh...Well maybe. But then surely he wouldn't be the same way around his girlfriend no? Also, he was bleeding out the ears after all.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Elmo definitely going to be killed off next.

Keenst

Good second episode, really enjoyed it.

I'm not enjoying the scummy move from the law men, though, setting up Elmo like that.

The new undercover Garda who set them up at the beginning is actually an undercover garda in real life. Apparently senior Gardai aren't happy at all that he's involved in the show and how it depicts them, especially seeing as he was involved in the graffiti incident which would, in fact, be illegal. :lol:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Why? He's a criminal and deserves it.

Not like that, he doesn't. The guards are there to protect the general population and serve us, not to be pulling scummy moves like that which could get a person killed in a retaliatory move. I know it's only a fictional programme, but guards acting the (pardon the pun) blackguards like that in real life really piss me off.

Some of them think that they are above the law.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not like that, he doesn't. The guards are there to protect the general population and serve us, not to be pulling scummy moves like that which could get a person killed in a retaliatory move. I know it's only a fictional programme, but guards acting the (pardon the pun) blackguards like that in real life really piss me off.

Ah now, in real life this would be the equivalent of sowing dissent amongst the likes of the Dundons, let's not lose perspective on who the bad guys are. Sly move but you can see how it would be effective, if the gang were to then turn on the likes of Elmo you've weakened them and maybe opened the opportunity to get Elmo to turn rat.

Wouldn't surprise me if Elmo lasts a while longer, it looked like he was fecked last season too. Siobhan is the most likely to be in danger imo.

Name Changed

weso26

You do realise that the program is fiction and that it doesn't happen in real life?

Name Changed

weso26
Ah now, in real life this would be the equivalent of sowing dissent amongst the likes of the Dundons, let's not lose perspective on who the bad guys are. Sly move but you can see how it would be effective, if the gang were to then turn on the likes of Elmo you've weakened them and maybe opened the opportunity to get Elmo to turn rat.
The lack of a charge sheet thing was brilliant. If you read Paul Williams' books on criminals, there is a particular one who does that (according to him).

Wouldn't surprise me if Elmo lasts a while longer, it looked like he was fecked last season too. Siobhan is the most likely to be in danger imo.
:eek::(

Name Changed

weso26
This show really is brilliant. The second episode was fantastic.
Agreed. The second one was better than the first, but some people giving out about the first were saying there was a lack of action. Things have to be built up. Having shoot outs, etc from the start of the first episode would make it extremely tedious.

Name Changed

weso26
Ehh...Well maybe. But then surely he wouldn't be the same way around his girlfriend no? Also, he was bleeding out the ears after all.
I said maybe, not definitely! I just think there's more to it than Tommy simply being stupid since the beating. I could quite possibly be wrong.

Kinky Melinky

Ah why did I come into this thread before watching it!

I'm going to just pretend lem8sh has shit taste

Kinky Melinky

That was brilliant! Dunno what lem8sh was talking about. Really enjoyed it. Not only was it a great episode but it sets the stage a little more. Quality stuff

Keenst

I thought that part was up there with the type of intensity of Breaking Bad. My heart was pounding

I think I might have read it somewhere not sure, but I'd swear the director/writers are inspired by Breaking Bad. The use of mirrors in that latest episode reminded me of it too.

Kinky Melinky

I think I might have read it somewhere not sure, but I'd swear the director/writers are inspired by Breaking Bad. The use of mirrors in that latest episode reminded me of it too.

It wouldn't surprise. Breaking Bad was so important for bumping up the standard in TV series, as was The Sopranos.

Kinky Melinky

The dentist coming on board with them seemed very Breaking Bad to me as well.

I thought it was a little predictable, but not something I was overly bothered by. Aido's urine test coming back as pregnant was another gag I saw coming, but funny all the same