Love/Hate

Decotron

I honestly think he wrote it the show for 3 seasons originally. The whole of season 4 has been disappointing. feck all has happened and the amount of bullshit stories going on without any justification or reasoning behind them.

It fully deserved the hype after Season 3 but this has been a drastic drop in standards imo.

Keenst

Minister Willy O'Dea wants RTE to clarify comments made by Nidge where he referred to Limerick as "a kip". O'Dea said "This was grossly unfair and wrong. I know people in Limerick feel very aggrieved by it."

So a government minister is calling for clarification on a throwaway comment, made by a fictional gangster during a conversation with a prostitute? You couldn't make this shit up.

How about that prostitute though? fecking hell.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Minister Willy O'Dea wants RTE to clarify comments made by Nidge where he referred to Limerick as "a kip". O'Dea said "This was grossly unfair and wrong. I know people in Limerick feel very aggrieved by it."

So a government minister is calling for clarification on a throwaway comment, made by a fictional gangster during a conversation with a prostitute? You couldn't make this shit up.

How about that prostitute though? fecking hell.

He has a point though. The writers are obviously very pro-Dublin. They've painted a lovely picture of the city while slating Limerick. Willie is coming for ya Stuart Carolan!

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
I'm currently half way through series 2. It's definitely an improvement on the first.

Still think Gillan was woefully miscast, though. He's not menacing and his accent's fecked (so's Darren's, but he can act).

Fran's good.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
I loved the show but couldn't stand Tommy. That wasn't helped by the fact once I thought he looked like Torres, I could see nothing else.

Darren, Fran and Nidge were all great characters and great actors. The first time I saw Jonny Boy I had to check IMDB to see if he was a Kemp brother.

However the overriding disappointment with season 4 was the lack of Trish. Mmmmmmmm

Decotron

Life imitating art

Love/Hate actor admits to having cannabis worth €100

Solicitor for Leroy Harris pleads for leniency in face of potential conviction

Love/Hate actor Leroy Harris arrives at Dublin District Court today before pleading guilty to unlawful possession of a quantity of cannabis, and having the drug for the purpose of sale or supply, at Sheriff Street, in north inner city Dublin, on October 14th last.

A young actor who featured in the controversial cat-killing scene in hit crime TV series Love/Hate has been remanded on bail pending sentence after he pleaded guilty to a cannabis dealing charge.
Today, Leroy Harris (19), admitted being in unlawful possession of a quantity of cannabis worth €100, and having the drug for the purpose of sale or supply, at Sheriff Street, north inner city Dublin, on October 14th last.

The actor, who has no prior criminal convictions, had been caught with two packets of cannabis, Dublin District court heard.He was searched in a premises by gardaí after he was seen putting a suspected drugs package down his trousers.

Defence solicitor Cahir O’Higgins said the 19-year-old had the cannabis for friends.
He told Judge Michael Walsh that Mr Harris had taken up acting in Marino College when he was in his fifth year and has great potential for the future.

Mr O’Higgins said Mr Harris was very lucky “to secure a role in a very prominent drama on RTÉ” and this could open up doors for his acting career. Pleading for leniency, he said it is important that Mr Harris would be able to travel.

“A conviction might prejudice his capacity to travel,” the lawyer said.
The court also heard that in his spare time Mr Harris teaches acting to youngsters on a voluntary basis.
“If the court could see any way to leave him without a conviction, he will grasp that opportunity with both hands,” said Mr O’Higgins.

Judge Walsh adjourned sentencing until a date in January to allow time for probation report on the 19-year-old to be prepared and furnished to the court.Dressed in black jacket, runners and grey tracksuit bottoms, Mr Harris did not address the court and has been remanded on continuing bail.
The budding actor, who has an address at from Mariner’s Port, Dublin, featured in the latest season of the hit RTÉ drama Love/Hate.

His role in the shocking opening scene of the series was at the centre of a controversy for its graphic depiction of his on-screen character, Glen, filming his friend Wayne firing shots from an automatic weapon and killing a cat.
Previously he had earned a nomination for an award from the Irish Film and Television Academy (IFTA) for his role in the RTÉ series Prosperity, where he played the role a teenager bullied because he had a stammer.

Following an earlier hearing, on November 5 last, when Mr Harris made his first court appearance, his solicitor Mr O’Higgins had told reporters that his client is “very respectful of the court process and court procedures and is anxious to conduct himself in a way that would not jeopardise his future”.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Gone to shit this has...

So Nidge tries to kill a guy who was gonna keep his mouth shut but now the fella is gonna rat due his botched killing attempt?
Nidge's new right hand man is a 16 year old who a week earlier was gonna blast him with an Uzi in his own home?
The cops know it was Nidge that bet Tommy how??
Tommy knows Nidge tried to have Darren clipped how??
Keith fecking Duffy??????

Gone to shit!!

I think he was just saying that to persuade Siobhan (:drool:) to be fair, and it's not really a stretch to imagine that word could've got around about Darren from one of Ado/Elmo telling someone. What a spelling of Shavourne that is, by the way...My name has some similar weird Gaelic rule in it apparently but that is something else.

Anyway, excellent show despite the drop off in quality after the opening of season 4. Nidge is a great character - hilariously good acting when you consider what he's actually like in real life.

*I think I could do a better Irish accent than Aidan Gillen. I don't know what that was... like an Aussie trying to do an American accent after a piss up or something.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
That was the most pointless season of television I've ever watched.

Nothing went anywhere. You could basically skip this season and carry onto the next and you'd be no less in the loop. I enjoy Love/Hate, but the hype and fan frenzy it generates is crazy.
Yeah, that's true. For an RTE production it's good, but it's nothing special in the grand scheme of things.

I still reckon the best thing RTE ever did was Paths to Freedom.

Decotron

Yeah, that's true. For an RTE production it's good, but it's nothing special in the grand scheme of things.

I still reckon the best thing RTE ever did was Paths to Freedom.

Loved that showed so much. Jeremy living in his garden was a fecking classic!

Rats from the Flats! :lol: Also his visit to Belfast :lol:

I actually think The Fall is probably RTE's best work to date (BBC were involved as well tbf)

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Soupy Norman anyone?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I think I could do a better Irish accent than Aidan Gillen. I don't know what that was... like an Aussie trying to do an American accent after a piss up or something.
He is Irish you know...

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
He is Irish you know...

I know; I'm joking but they're just seemed something extremely wrong about it! It sounded a bit like Game of Thrones with him trying to pull off 7 accents at once.

*I see it was pointed out earlier in this thread so I'm glad I'm not imagining that. Strange acting.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Ok, I'm nearly done with Season 3. Best of the three so far.

Quick question: what's the point of Debbie? Her character's pointless & she can't act for shit. Tommy's mostly pointless as well it must be said.

KanieKaned

Ok, I'm nearly done with Season 3. Best of the three so far.

Quick question: what's the point of Debbie? Her character's pointless & she can't act for shit. Tommy's mostly pointless as well it must be said.
Shes a hooker and when you've got a brothel you need some hookers. She is pretty shite in fairness though. Tommy's grand though IMO if only to ensure the ride bag that is Siobhan stays in the series.

Id eat chips out of her knickers.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Siobhan's nice all right.

I'd like to have the opportunity to disappoint her sexually.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Siobhan was great early on but she's let herself go a bit. I mean, I know you're worried about your brain damaged fella and all but slap on some make up and throw on an aul skirt for the lads like. Mopin around in her trackies is doing her no favours. Still 100% would though, obviously.

KanieKaned

Siobhan was great early on but she's let herself go a bit. I mean, I know you're worried about your brain damaged fella and all but slap on some make up and throw on an aul skirt for the lads like. Mopin around in her trackies is doing her no favours. Still 100% would though, obviously.
Id rip the oul trackie off her in a jiffy. Bloody minx that she is. Diiiirrrrrrrrrrty I tells ya

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
New guy Paulie
Paulie Walnuts? That would be a great surprise.

I'm looking forward to it. Season four was a let down compared to the previous three but it was still pretty good. I'm hoping for a return to form this season.

KanieKaned

Aye, lad, working the finest here for me too.
Are you lads watching it live the website/player or watching the uploaded one on the web later. I ask because I'm in london but the website comes up as region locked when I've gone to view an uploaded episode. It's never on the player itself only the website. I've not tried watching it live as such. I've also tried using a VPN with no luck.