Love/Hate

Kinky Melinky

So funny...I went on the Irish Independent website and found a forum about Love Hate. It's just the general Irish public's response to the show. I'm fecking god smacked over how many people are playing the moral card and shunning the show for being inappropriate.

I dunno...maybe I've been out of Ireland too long but I was quite surprised. One such comment suggested that these types of shows and the example they set are the reason why so many Irish people are emigrating :lol:

Maybe the problem stems with those who haven't traveled enough.

Others were calling it mindless drivel. A bit fecking harsh if you ask me. It's the best show RTE have done, but I suppose the moaners who are telling people that they ought to be ashamed of themselves spend their weekends wanking over Marty Whelan on Winning Streak.

Some people also had a major gripe with the scene where Tommy was having a wank. I thought it was extremely appropriate in showing how he has regressed back to a child like state.

Cina

So funny...I went on the Irish Independent website and found a forum about Love Hate. It's just the general Irish public's response to the show. I'm fecking god smacked over how many people are playing the moral card and shunning the show for being inappropriate.

I dunno...maybe I've been out of Ireland too long but I was quite surprised. One such comment suggested that these types of shows and the example they set are the reason why so many Irish people are emigrating :lol:

Maybe the problem stems with those who haven't traveled enough.

Others were calling it mindless drivel. A bit fecking harsh if you ask me. It's the best show RTE have done, but I suppose the moaners who are telling people that they ought to be ashamed of themselves spend their weekends wanking over Marty Whelan on Winning Streak.

Some people also had a major gripe with the scene where Tommy was having a wank. I thought it was extremely appropriate in showing how he has regressed back to a child like state.
Meh, when a show becomes this popular, the auld Irish Catholic ladies will always find a way to complain, just the way it is.

I do think it could portray Dublin in a better light sometimes though, it does make it out like the city is just a big drughole!

Kinky Melinky

Meh, when a show becomes this popular, the auld Irish Catholic ladies will always find a way to complain, just the way it is.

I do think it could portray Dublin in a better light sometimes though, it does make it out like the city is just a big drughole!

It certainly makes it look depressing. I turned to the missus last night and said "feckin hell I don't remember Dublin looking that depressing"

I think it's when they do the city scape shots and the menacing music in the background doesn't help

Keenst

It certainly makes it look depressing. I turned to the missus last night and said "feckin hell I don't remember Dublin looking that depressing"

I think it's when they do the city scape shots and the menacing music in the background doesn't help

Some gorgeous shots of the Dublin skyline at times too though.

Kinky Melinky

By the way, the soundtrack to this show is among the very best I've heard. There's a cracking tune or two every single episode.

In the trad session I play, I learned a Luke Kelly song that I had heard on the show called 'Come my little son' - Stunning

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
This opening scene is among my favourites to date.

Brilliant.

EDIT: Just realised that the fecker who made the video re-dubbed a different version over the opening montage, and not the original Luke Kelly one.

Here is Luke's majestic version, which was sadly his last.

Just mute the first video and play Luke's version. Mesmerisingly good.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Has John Boy's Mural on the wall of his apartment been discussed at length on here yet? It's the single greatest piece of art of the 21st century, maybe since the Sistine Chapel.

I mean, Hughie in the centre, flanked by the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Che Guevara, Michael Collins, Tupac, Biggie and several more. John Boy was in there too. Anyone find a picture of the whole thing? I've been looking everywhere.

Name Changed

weso26
I thought that was a poor episode. Tommy's conversation with Siobhan was one of the worst things I have ever watched.

The general depiction of the criminals is so accurate though.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Nidges number 086 2761785 showed up on Fran's phone last night. Hard to know what to make of the message left on it when you ring it though.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
It was John boy's voice on the message though, there might have been something in that, as into what's going to happen down the road or something.

Keenst

Thought that was the weakest episode despite probably having the most going on! Dunno why it seemed a bit all over the place to me.

KanieKaned

Well that was an interesting episode with a couple of nice twists. Im liking the new season overall. Shame about Tommy though, poor fecker, hes not right is he!

Dano................jayziz

Kinky Melinky

It was a very slick move my Nidge. He knew that the IRA operate in a mafia sort of way, and permission has to be passed down from the leaders. Really enjoyed the episode. I'm assuming Dano has been left for dead not being able to walk and stuck in the wilderness.

I do feel sorry for Tommy. He is probably the most lovable of the characters and has become a complete vegetable. I thought for a second he had remembered who put in that state, and maybe he's beginning to do so. It should be interesting to see how that all pans out.

Fran...fecking great character and a complete head the ball !

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Gone to shit this has...

So Nidge tries to kill a guy who was gonna keep his mouth shut but now the fella is gonna rat due his botched killing attempt?
Nidge's new right hand man is a 16 year old who a week earlier was gonna blast him with an Uzi in his own home?
The cops know it was Nidge that bet Tommy how??
Tommy knows Nidge tried to have Darren clipped how??
Keith fecking Duffy??????

Gone to shit!!

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
First two episodes of this season were very promising but the most recent two have been two of the worst of the whole series. It's a pity because it's been fantastic on the whole.

Kinky Melinky

I have to say, while it wasn't jam packed with intensity I still enjoyed it. It lines up a few interesting things for future episodes. I reckon a few good ones are on the way

KanieKaned

Theres gotta be more than 6 epidodes to the season?
Its not been as strong as previous ones but thats gonna happen when you kill off the big characters.
Still looking forward to the next one...

Kinky Melinky

Nah think next weeks episode is the finale. The last episode was probably the worst I can remember. It was all over the place.

I'm not so sure. I was reading something the writer said saying he was nervous about this season but hes really looking forward to seeing how the characters all blend so they can allow it to evolve. It seems like there's more

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
That was the most pointless season of television I've ever watched.

Nothing went anywhere. You could basically skip this season and carry onto the next and you'd be no less in the loop. I enjoy Love/Hate, but the hype and fan frenzy it generates is crazy.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
That was the most pointless season of television I've ever watched.

Lost?

Love Love/Hate but the finale was poor. As someone said, it's like it's turning into The Bill with all the coppers n all. Too many cops. O'Carolan needs to get the series back on track with the cons.

Last season, I thought Dano was very intimidating because he kept so cool all the time. When he started to get mad, he lost it. This year, Fran stepped up as the scary fecker. Disappointing series really, but it can hopefully regain lost ground next year.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Nothing happened this season of any significance. The IRA plot went nowhere. The cops storyline went nowhere. Tommy's plot went nowhere. The dentist storyline went nowhere. Honestly, I know it's great by Irish television standards, but the hype and the talk, fecking hell you'd think it was The Irish version of The Wire.