Love/Hate

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I like Fran, he's a mad bastard. :lol: Is that him done now? He'll surely be locked up for a while now.

Trish looking lovely :drool:
Nah.....Doubt it.
The "I've a bone to pick with you Nidgey" line was repeated far too often for it not to have importance in some way. Plus, Noelie Hughes is in prison also.....And let's not forget Dean.

But yes, Trish!! :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Funny, the actress never looks as good as the character in real life

lem8sh

Are you lads watching it live the website/player or watching the uploaded one on the web later. I ask because I'm in london but the website comes up as region locked when I've gone to view an uploaded episode. It's never on the player itself only the website. I've not tried watching it live as such. I've also tried using a VPN with no luck.
Download Hola for Chrome, it will assign you an Irish ip address and you can watch it on the player then.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
So far, so good, can't see the show topping the quality of season three, but it's consistently good and that's what matters.

KanieKaned

Download Hola for Chrome, it will assign you an Irish ip address and you can watch it on the player then.
I tried this but when I went to the google App Store after loading chrome to my ipad (probably should have mentioned this earlier as most would assume it's a laptop) it said I I couldn't as the system is not yet supported. Thundercunts

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
brilliant start to the season

bit sad that the breakup of Nidge/Fran has started to happen already. Will be sad to see one of these characters killed off (assuming thats what they do)

can see trouble on the horizon regarding Siobhan once Nidge hears that Paulie is doing her. Also will Paulie find out that shes the rat? What happens if he forces Nidge to kill her?

Will Tommy come round enough to exact revenge?

Brilliant start, great writing, actors on top form.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Are you lads watching it live the website/player or watching the uploaded one on the web later. I ask because I'm in london but the website comes up as region locked when I've gone to view an uploaded episode. It's never on the player itself only the website. I've not tried watching it live as such. I've also tried using a VPN with no luck.
Watching it live when it's aired on RTÉ Player at 9.30pm on Sunday nights. I use 'Hola' Chrome extension which allows me to view pages from whatever country I want, so I select Ireland the RTÉ Player thinks I'm viewing from there.

Great app!

KanieKaned

Watching it live when it's aired on RTÉ Player at 9.30pm on Sunday nights. I use 'Hola' Chrome extension which allows me to view pages from whatever country I want, so I select Ireland the RTÉ Player thinks I'm viewing from there.

Great app!
Ive got Hola on my ipad but the player still doesnt seem to alloow me to watch uploaded episodes. Pain my ring piece

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yep, really enjoyed last night's episode. Was wondering how long it would take for Siobhan to slip up when she was off her head. Scotty was a bit of a twist too, didn't really see that coming

And those born again Christians, the feck were they doing?

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
"I will hunt him down for sport" - Pauley

a week later some random junkie is assigned the role to bump off the Traveller and Pauley is pushed off a balcony.

Last edited:

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Yep, really enjoyed last night's episode. Was wondering how long it would take for Siobhan to slip up when she was off her head. Scotty was a bit of a twist too, didn't really see that coming

And those born again Christians, the feck were they doing?
Probably the strangest minute or so of the whole run of the show. Funny though.

I love some of the one liners in the show. Like its incredibly gritty and all the rest but it's also a very witty show in tune with Irish humour. For instance when Pauly walks into the pub and Aido is sitting there and says something like "I see your banging Siobhan anyway. Ah you're dead right, sure Tommy's fecked".

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
[QUOTE="limerickcitykid, post: 16644363, member: 69130 ]
And those born again Christians, the feck were they doing?[/QUOTE]

that was very weird and not necessary

.Rossi

So what was controversial and graphic?
Eh, a finger bone. In a matchbox. In a fridge.

And there was piss all over the toilet floor in the hospital.
They've shown them playing with the finger bone before so that can't be it.

The piss on the floor was quite shocking, definitely wasn't expecting that.
Oh, maybe it will happen in the last episode
Was in some of the papers that Fran was to be violently gang raped in prison....

But, it was obviously bullshit considering that it didn't happen and no.2 he's out of prison

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Finale of this on Sunday, isn't it? Been a much better season than last year's.

At the same time though, I may stop watching if Siobhan is ever killed.

Lynk

Finale of this on Sunday, isn't it? Been a much better season than last year's.

At the same time though, I may stop watching if Siobhan is ever killed.
I have a feeling she'll be the only one who survives come the end of it.

.Rossi

Fran will be killed off.....Just my feeling.
Robert Sheehan (Darren) came out with the "ah I wanna go to America" interviews and nightclub appearances the week before he was killed off.
All this week? Same thing with Fran(Peter Coogan)

Too similar for my liking.

If they kill him off, it's a massive mistake....Carolan already admitted that killing off John Boy was a massive mistake. This could be just as bad

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah, I have a feeling Fran will be killed alright. Killing off Nidge would be a braver move....

.Rossi

Yeah, I have a feeling Fran will be killed alright. Killing off Nidge would be a braver move....
I figure something happens his family and he stays in Spain....

Still can't believe they killed off John Boy.....Biggest mistake in Irish TV history.

The two scenes....

"IT'S NOT THE SAME F*CKING THING!!!.............See who that is will ye??!"

And

"Alri Dave..............Bottle!"

Get me everytime :lol::lol:

Lynk

If he survives they've bottled it, if he died it's too soon.

Robbie Boy

Can there even be another season now? Who's left? Didn't see Nidge going, if there is to be another series.

Lynk

Can there even be another season now? Who's left? Didn't see Nidge going, if there is to be another series.
They should've built someone as an understudy or a rival to Nidge. I thought Paulie would be it but he was bumped off in no time. My gut feeling is that Nidge lives.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Poor end to a disappointing show that failed to fulfill its potential. The writers had a chance to really shed some light on the underlying problems of modern Ireland, instead they turned it into a TV version of a Paul Williams book. No real depth to it, we never learned how someone like Darren, for example, became drawn into criminality. Instead we got round-about plots clearly included just to fill the show out and provide a few action moments (e.g. why have Fran escape prison last week only to get sent back this week?).

And that finale is just ridiculous.

Lynk

Poor end to a disappointing show that failed to fulfill its potential. The writers had a chance to really shed some light on the underlying problems of modern Ireland, instead they turned it into a TV version of a Paul Williams book. No real depth to it, we never learned how someone like Darren, for example, became drawn into criminality. Instead we got round-about plots clearly included just to fill the show out and provide a few action moments (e.g. why have Fran escape prison last week only to get sent back this week?).

And that finale is just ridiculous.
It's enjoyable in the same way Sons Of Anarchy is, once you don't shine a light on it. Even this week, "Oh did you get locked up Fran?", yeah? If that happened in real life, someone escaping prison and beating a cop to a bloody pulp it would be all over the papers. feck it Fran escaped in the morning, arrived at his house in the evening, killed someone and left in the night, all without a cop checking out the obvious first place he'd go!

Jammydodger7

Thought it was a brilliant ending! There is definitely gonna be another season..they would have mentioned it plenty of times in the build up that its the last ever episode...I have a feeling nidge survived, a whole 10 months of wondering ha