Love/Hate

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
John Boy. Shot in the head.

Darren. Shot in the head.

Nidge. Patrick chose to shoot him in the chest and not the head. He'll survive

beardsleybob

Poor end to a disappointing show that failed to fulfill its potential. The writers had a chance to really shed some light on the underlying problems of modern Ireland, instead they turned it into a TV version of a Paul Williams book. No real depth to it, we never learned how someone like Darren, for example, became drawn into criminality. Instead we got round-about plots clearly included just to fill the show out and provide a few action moments (e.g. why have Fran escape prison last week only to get sent back this week?).

And that finale is just ridiculous.
It's a TV show, get over yourself :lol:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Fran will be the main man next season. He will manage to point everything on nidege and somehow get out via a loophole

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Fran will be the main man next season. He will manage to point everything on nidege and somehow get out via a loophole
Firstly, I was right about Fran :D

Secondly, did you see the blood?....The lad is dead and was a piss poor way to kill him off. As gripping, exciting and intense that episode was, it's quite a bad ending either way....Far too many loose ends
I just can't see how there could be another season.Everyone is gone.
Exactly.

John Boy
Nidge
Darren
Fran
Tommy
Hughie
Stompy
Siobhan
Elmo
etc etc are all gone

What's next? King Aido?

lem8sh

Secondly, did you see the blood?....The lad is dead and was a piss poor way to kill him off. As gripping, exciting and intense that episode was, it's quite a bad ending either way....Far too many loose ends

Exactly.

John Boy
Nidge
Darren
Fran
Tommy
Hughie
Stompy
Siobhan
Elmo
etc etc are all gone

What's next? King Aido?
An Aido and Nadine spin off!!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Your man the creator said there'd be a season six. Whether he was telling the truth or just saying that to allay suspicions.....

Tbh whether it's the end of the show or not killing Nidge was still a good idea. He'd been in increasing trouble for a while and the show has long since established that people in that position have a short life span. If he ends up surviving it'll be a massive cop out.

Anyway, all that's besides the main point. Siobhan. :(

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
An Aido spin off would be great. He's genuinely hilarious.

But yeah, it's hard to see where it goes from here. Nidge is dead. Surely? Is Fran? And if not he's in prison on a possession on a weapon charge isn't he? And then escaped so he won't be getting out any time soon. Elmo is away for a few years too. Who is left to carry it on? Does Terence become a major player?

Anyway I thought it was an excellent series. Maybe didn't scale the heights of some of the earlier series, but excellent all the same.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Don't think he's dead, think the blood was from the unorthodox use of the snooker cue...

After all, I thought the point of your man filming the attack was to embarrass Fran rather than incriminate himself for murder later....

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Don't think he's dead, think the blood was from the unorthodox use of the snooker cue...

After all, I thought the point of your man filming the attack was to embarrass Fran rather than incriminate himself for murder later....
He's either dead or disabled.....And even if he is alive, he's in prison on 2 armed charges now so, he's pointless.

Nidge is without doubt a dead man

There is nowhere else to go......I will miss Trish :drool:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The papers before this season were all saying season 6 would be next year and would be the last although with what just happened I don't know what the new season would be about.

My ass hurt just watching Fran and my heart hurt watching Siobhan. That tinker bastard.

Robbie Boy

They should've built someone as an understudy or a rival to Nidge. I thought Paulie would be it but he was bumped off in no time. My gut feeling is that Nidge lives.
Aye, I think he will live, too. There is absolutely no one left to take over and if he is dead, then he was killed with far too many loose ends.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Wait I think some are getting mixed up...nidge is without doubt dead and fran is pretty much certainly alive...correct?

GBBQ

Wait I think some are getting mixed up...nidge is without doubt dead and fran is pretty much certainly alive...correct?
Not so sure about Nidge. Darren survived a similar shooting in the first series so there is previous form there for survival.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Not so sure about Nidge. Darren survived a similar shooting in the first series so there is previous form there for survival.
And isn't Martin the Viper Foley going around with 13 or 14 bullet hole wounds on him. In fact the man is supposed to be as fit as a fiddle.

If RTE has the spondulicks to make another series Nidge will make a full recovery too, if they don't may the man rest in peace cause he wasn't the worst of them and that's all I've to say on the matter.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I think so. People are saying Nidge had a vest on but if that was the case then the thing must have been lined with feckin tomato ketchup. I mean look at this for feck sake.
Nidge is dead, Fran is alive and will return with his hole in bits, emotional scars and all the rest of it. I don't know what way they want to take the last series in though next year. I mean why have they kept Tommy alive for anyway? If Nidge is brought back in for the final series and has survived an attack like that then it is just down right unrealistic and goes against what has drawn such large numbers to it.

I clinched my arse after that scene with Fran, for the first time ever in the series that was a bit too much for me.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nidge is dead, Fran is alive and will return with his hole in bits, emotional scars and all the rest of it. I don't know what way they want to take the last series in though next year. I mean why have they kept Tommy alive for anyway? If Nidge is brought back in for the final series and has survived an attack like that then it is just down right unrealistic and goes against what has drawn such large numbers to it.
That's the thing, if Nidge was still alive what could they even do with his character? Having him go after Patrick again would be a bit redundant. Plus he was about to get busted by the cops anyway, the writers would have to find a way out of that too. Then, even if you somehow manage that, how do you eventually end his storyline when the time comes? You can hardly "kill" him now, have him come back to life, only to go after the same guy and get killed again a season later.

Hard to see how they can keep going either though. First of all, not a lot of characters are left alive and free. Second, are any of the characters left strong enough to have the show centered around them? Third, what plot lines are left to finish? Tommy waking up pissed off that Siobhan has been shot? Jump down a generation to someone like Aaron? Don't see anything that looks like working....

GBBQ

And isn't Martin the Viper Foley going around with 13 or 14 bullet hole wounds on him. In fact the man is supposed to be as fit as a fiddle.

If RTE has the spondulicks to make another series Nidge will make a full recovery too, if they don't may the man rest in peace cause he wasn't the worst of them and that's all I've to say on the matter.
Yeah i think its probably left open ended so they can return to it if needs be. If they cant get a good enough story or the right people to sign on for another series then we get a conclusion - Nidge dead.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's been a good show, and I enjoy it, but the last two seasons have been completely over-hyped, in my opinion.

There's two scenes I'd say were excellent in the two seasons, Nidge on the phone frantically attempting to talk Fran out of killing Tommy and Siobhan hiding under Fran's caravan as he killed Dean. The two best scenes from the past two seasons, but other than that it all felt a bit pointless...

What was the craic with the Scottish fella? He contributed nothing to the story, he's shagging Nadine but nothing comes of that, Ado doesn't give a bollocks! We also learn he's working for the law, but again, nothing comes of that as he has to return to Scotland. He was a pointless character I think.

And then we have Siobhan working her arse off to bring Nidge down, and again, nothing comes of that. Strange.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Statement from Tom Vaughan Lawlor.

The last five years working on Love/Hate have been an incredible and unforgettable journey for me. I’ve had the privilege of working with a brilliant cast who I’ve learnt a huge amount from, a tireless and talented crew, a visionary director, an amazing group of producers from Octagon and RTE, and in Stuart Carolan a world class writer. I’m hugely grateful to the show and to its fans and I am equally looking forward to the new challenges ahead for me both on screen and stage. As I perform this week in Dublin in Howie the Rookie prior to touring it to London and New York I will take wonderful memories of Love/Hate with me together with all the things I’ve learnt on the show into my future work.
That's cleared that up then!

KanieKaned

Bah humbug I was hoping he'd survive it and we get to see em loving it up in Spain with Terence "Big Balls" May.

Thought it was a decent enough season with some good stuff happening. fecking Patrick of all people, shoulda got him first nidgey!!!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
People going mad about Fran getting it up the shitter.... him battering a lad to death with a bar and burying him in the woods is fine though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's been a good show, and I enjoy it, but the last two seasons have been completely over-hyped, in my opinion.

There's two scenes I'd say were excellent in the two seasons, Nidge on the phone frantically attempting to talk Fran out of killing Tommy and Siobhan hiding under Fran's caravan as he killed Dean. The two best scenes from the past two seasons, but other than that it all felt a bit pointless...

What was the craic with the Scottish fella? He contributed nothing to the story, he's shagging Nadine but nothing comes of that, Ado doesn't give a bollocks! We also learn he's working for the law, but again, nothing comes of that as he has to return to Scotland. He was a pointless character I think.

And then we have Siobhan working her arse off to bring Nidge down, and again, nothing comes of that. Strange.
Might make more sense if there's another season? I mean Nidge trying to kill Patrick was a small part of last season but it ended up being important later.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Might make more sense if there's another season? I mean Nidge trying to kill Patrick was a small part of last season but it ended up being important later.
Yeah, of course, but it's pretty obvious they were making it up as they went along at times.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah, of course, but it's pretty obvious they were making it up as they went along at times.
Ha, yeah I heard the creator speaking on the radio a while ago and he basically admitted that he did make a lot of it up as he went along. Tbf the creator of Breaking Bad admitted to doing the same thing too, maybe it's common enough.

KanieKaned

Don't really give a shite if it ends or not, just gutted nidge is dead. Very same kind of gutted feeling I got when Darren was whacked but she still carried on mind you not sure where it would go from here with a sixth season. I've actually been in mourning for a tv character the last few days like a right bint very strange strange for me. Tempted to even go back and watch it from the start if I can find somewhere that's got it all online. Anyone know of anywhere?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yeah that was a bit of a let down for me. When he was first revealed to be an inside man it got me excited but then they just told him to feck off back to Scotland. I was hoping he'd do at least one job for Nidge.

Don't really give a shite if it ends or not, just gutted nidge is dead. Very same kind of gutted feeling I got when Darren was whacked but she still carried on mind you not sure where it would go from here with a sixth season. I've actually been in mourning for a tv character the last few days like a right bint very strange strange for me. Tempted to even go back and watch it from the start if I can find somewhere that's got it all online. Anyone know of anywhere?
watchseries probably has it all

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
The early few seasons are on the US netflix. Or at least they were...