Lucas da Silva | Signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GledTheRed

Manchester United’s pursuit of Lucas Moura is now over according to Sao Paulo director Adalberto Baptista.

The Red Devils have been keen to sign the 19-year old attacking midfielder but a recent offer of £27million was rejected by the Brazilian club who have now decided to stop negotiations.

"There are no negotiations going on. Everybody knows that we got an offer for him, and rejected it. It's also known that Lucas doesn't want to leave. The only person keeping the expectations alive is his agent," Baptista told ESPN Brasil.

"The decision is final. There will always be great team going after great players. This mismatch between the European and Brazilian transfer window makes it hard for national clubs, and we have to deal with that."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...er-says-sao-paulo-3408131#OXHmo8yxKBMxuvs0.99
:(

Heffo

Just so people know, supposing these quotes are actually real, they are from a director on the board. I would be more inclined to believe yesterday's quotes from the vice president, SAFs quotes and even the quotes of the agent before quotes from a director who I've not heard of before in regards to these negotiations.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'm totally fine with that. I like to think it's how football transfers should work.

We inquired, made an offer, the kid doesn't want to leave, stays and sticks to his contract. Great.

Moving on....

gaz1185

No. As I mentioned before, it isn't on ESPN Brasil it is just regurgitated news from Goal.com & now tribal! The two most reliable of football sources.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Manchester United’s pursuit of Lucas Moura is now over according to Sao Paulo director Adalberto Baptista.

The Red Devils have been keen to sign the 19-year old attacking midfielder but a recent offer of £27million was rejected by the Brazilian club who have now decided to stop negotiations.

"There are no negotiations going on. Everybody knows that we got an offer for him, and rejected it. It's also known that Lucas doesn't want to leave. The only person keeping the expectations alive is his agent," Baptista told ESPN Brasil.

"The decision is final. There will always be great team going after great players. This mismatch between the European and Brazilian transfer window makes it hard for national clubs, and we have to deal with that."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...er-says-sao-paulo-3408131#OXHmo8yxKBMxuvs0.99

http://www.tribalfootball.com
tribalfootball
Seriously?

kelvinkato77

. If they agree to paying in Brazillian Real's which is a currency getting stronger and stronger, the £30m they agree to now, if structured over 5 years could end up being £40m+
If it were me (getting paid in pounds) I think I'd rather have that than the Real's. Though Brazil is certainly a rising economy, IMO it isn't there yet and would still be considered volatile in the speculative market whilst the British Pound over the next four years will likely be relatively stable; meaning the value may go down but I don't think there is imminent danger of it plummeting.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that would be a gambler's mentality. With that said, you made an excellent point(s), Pexbo.

Also Tribalfootball can get fecked.

prateik

The quotes arent really a surprise, are they?
Basically saying the bid was rejected and there hasnt been a fresh bid. Nothing about a deadline or anything.

dev1l

it seems that the sao paolo board has its fair share of media whores

Mainoldo

What time is his game today?

Those who keep saying 'o well' we can move on to the next target. His transfer is not stopping us from getting a centre midfield.

Fal

Why are people speculating and commenting on crap that is saying that according to ESPN Brazil the transfer is not happening anymore when ESPN Brazil itself, which is a news source and makes money from writing news *SHOCK*, doesn't have a mention of these quotes anywhere? Is it just pure lazyness or what?

Now I'm just waiting for ESPN to run the story "According to tribalfootball and goal.com, Lucas Moura deal isn't happening... according to ESPN Brazil"..

twitter thread suggester

nimic

something nice
Scout
Has the penny not dropped that tribalfootball is just a news feed? Whatever it publishes is no more or less reliable than the source it originally came from. In this instance, a fairly kosher source by the looks of things.
Then people should quote whatever source it originally comes from, not tribalfootball. Since, as you said, we have no way of gauging how reliable the information is.

gaz1185

I blame gaz1185.
Cheers. :D

Just to clear something's up:

1. The guy mentioned is not Sao Paulos director, he is the director of football... Quite different.

2. He has a beef with the board for listening to offers for Lucas from us and sounds like he's making up excuses for Sao Paulos defeat... Because Lucas didn't play.

3. This article doesn't seem to know the actual score Sao Paulo got beat - reliable.

Mainoldo

So I take it you'd want us to splash shitloads of money irrelevant to whether the player wants to play for us or is worth this kind of money. Nice attitude.
Yes thats right i just look for United bidding big figures on players and it turns me on!! :houllier:

Couldn't really care how much United feel they want to spend or whether it was Lucas Moura's Grandfathers dream that one day he would play for Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.