Lucas da Silva | Signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Sao Paulo put £80m price tag on whizz-kid to warn off Man United and Real Madrid | talkSPORT

Sao Paulo have slapped an astonishing £80m price-tag on rising star Lucas in a bid to ward off interest from Manchester United and Real Madrid.

The European heavyweights both covet Lucas highly and have monitored his progress in Brazil with interest.

Playmaker Lucas, 18, is eager to impress at this year's South American Under-20 Championship and break into the Brazil squad ahead of the 2014 World Cup.

He is tipped for stardom back in his homeland and United and Madrid were both keen on in but after Lucas committed his future to the club until 2015, Sao Paulo also inserted the astronomical £80m get-out clause.

Lucas' agent Wagner Ribeiro said: "This is satisfactory for both parties and the deal has also increased his wage substantially."

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
I m surprised to see Jordan Henderson on that list!
Why? I'd rather take him that almost everyone on that list. Jordan Henderson is clearly a big talent... He reminds me of a young Frank Lampard.

Apart from him I would love to see Xherdan Shaqiri get a go... Seems left-footed on youtube, clearly talented, versatile up and comer... Ottmar is a great manager, and him taking him into the Swiss World Cup squad at such a young age tells you something. He would probably be rather reasonable as well...

This Lucas for £80m... No thanks.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Why? I'd rather take him that almost everyone on that list. Jordan Henderson is clearly a big talent... He reminds me of a young Frank Lampard.

Apart from him I would love to see Xherdan Shaqiri get a go... Seems left-footed on youtube, clearly talented, versatile up and comer... Ottmar is a great manager, and him taking him into the Swiss World Cup squad at such a young age tells you something. He would probably be rather reasonable as well...

This Lucas for £80m... No thanks.
Hmmmmm......

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Hehe what on earth...

Did look excellent against England mind. He plays on the right though?

Anyone know anything about Lucas, does he play regularly for Sao Paolo so it'd be worth downloading a few games?

Heffo

Saw him play a few games in the recent South American u-20 championships. Most of the games he was decent but was outshone by Neymar.

However when they played Argentina, Neymar acted an absolute twat, dived all over the shop, moped and gave out to his own team mates. Lucas was the opposite and looked Brazil's most dangerous player. So it would seem that he has a better attitude than Neymar and he is still immensely talented. Could make all the difference, Neymar could end up the next Robinho while Lucas could become the superstar.

jb8521

This lad looks like he has a huge future ahead of him. He has been called up to the full Brazil squad despite only being 18

ManRyan2

Wow, he really reminds me of a young Ryan Giggs. I didn't think I'd see someone like that again, but he has so much going for him that Giggs had.
Hope he comes to us....

Ekeke

According to my Brazillian friend he's as fast Walcott or Lennon and will be "world class".

I asked what his best position is and he said "This is the point. I think he hasn't space to play for Man Utd. He's not a winger. and he's not forwarder like Chicharito, Berbatov or Rooney his best position is like Kaká coming from the middle, very fast and Man Utd do not play this way"

Devil may care

This lad looks like he has a huge future ahead of him. He has been called up to the full Brazil squad despite only being 18
Great balance.

I didn't know you could get good quality in a 17 minute youtube clip.

According to my Brazillian friend he's as fast Walcott or Lennon and will be "world class".

I asked what his best position is and he said "This is the point. I think he hasn't space to play for Man Utd. He's not a winger. and he's not forwarder like Chicharito, Berbatov or Rooney his best position is like Kaká coming from the middle, very fast and Man Utd do not play this way"
Ah, he's one of those players, from the video he seemed to be on the wings a lot. I wonder if United will ever transition to using that type of player as opposed to two strikers.

Alex

Great balance.

I didn't know you could get good quality in a 17 minute youtube clip.

Ah, he's one of those players, from the video he seemed to be on the wings a lot. I wonder if United will ever transition to using that type of player as opposed to two strikers.
:lol:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
So basically, a maybe future star that we're supposedly interested in is now unavailable. right thats then. Quickest meppetry ever.

Ekeke

Unavailable and another player who exclusively plays in the hole, when we dont use a player like that. Yeah

Chelsea could use someone like that though, it would make Ancelotti's diamond work

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fantastic ability.

Would love for us to get another top dribbler.

mufcwarm92

This guy is being marketed as a defensive midfielder but he looks far from it. He looks to have some real talent in dribbling, creating chances and scoring goals though. I look forward to seeing him play for Brazil.

mufcwarm92

A quick search about the tournament itself (2011 South American U20 Championship), shows that Lucas scored four goals in the tournament, including a hat trick in what was the equivalent of the final. The tournament is more of a league really, but Brazil beat Uraguay, the team that finished second, 6-0 in that the game, the last game of the tournament.

On a side note, Neymar was the runaway top scorer, with 9 goals in 9 games. Pretty exceptional, but that's for another thread.

TheReligion

Abusive
Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silva

Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silva - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Possibly a little bit knee-jerk but enjoyed watching this lad when he came on today and couldn't help but think he could be ideal for United.

Great drive, pace and strength for someone his age, mixed with the ability to beat a man or two and remain composed enough to play a decent pass afterwards.

He is at Sao Paulo and only 18 years old. To be honest a couple of his runs reminded me of Kaka a few years ago.

Anyone know anything on this player and what rumors are flying around regarding his future?

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Was at the game, def quality the running with the ball was nuts looked like he was telling the Scotland players to get off him as he ran past them.

Liked the look of him a lot

TheReligion

Abusive
Was at the game, def quality the running with the ball was nuts looked like he was telling the Scotland players to get off him as he ran past them.

Liked the look of him a lot
Let's start a petition to sign this lad.

Just what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.