Lucas da Silva | Signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Depends if you want unpolished superstar or raw genius, I guess. In terms of attitude, intelligence and team play Lucas is already miles ahead of Neymar. Neymar's got a lot of fantastic qualities but there's still things lacking in his game that might stop him from being a fantastic player. Lucas already has all the raw qualities necessary he just needs refinement, which while by no means is assured is still IMO easier to achieve than what Neymar has to do. Not saying either will or won't make it, but I think Lucas is a couple of steps closer than Neymar is right now.

Regardless of the who's better than who, these two and Ganso are all fantastic talents in their own right and fit right into the Brazil team and by 2014 could all be considered as some of the best in the world and make people once again in awe of Brazil.

Brwned

Of course, can't you tell by my obvious journalistic qualities? "He did this, and then after, he did this, and then...", wonderful flow to it!

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Neymar is getting all the headlines coming from brazil, but i think this guy is quietly getting on with his business without grabbing the foreign media attention.

Brwned

Fluminense v São Paulo highlights

Scored a good goal, nearly had another but hit the post. Nearly scored an excellent one after beating three men but sadly overran it with his last touch past the defender, for some reason it's not in the highlights though.

Played wide right in a 4213 for the first half, most likely the formation and position he'll play for Brazil once he establishes himself in the team, and then played up top alongside Dagoberto for the entirety of the second half in a 4312. Not sure whether he'll be playing in the Copa America or the u20 WC but either way he's one I'd make time for to watch.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I completely forgot Deco was playing in the Brazilian league for Fluminense. I bet he could still do a job for a mid-table team in the premier league.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Neymar is getting all the headlines coming from brazil, but i think this guy is quietly getting on with his business without grabbing the foreign media attention.
Would be interesting to see who Brazilians rate higher out of the two..

Brwned

I completely forgot Deco was playing in the Brazilian league for Fluminense. I bet he could still do a job for a mid-table team in the premier league.
I very much doubt it. I think that a big part of what made Deco so good was his bite/energy and ability to carry the ball, both of which have been greatly reduced now his legs are gone.

On a side note, the buyout clause is €80m or £67m, not £80m. Neymar and Ganso's are €45m and €50m respectively.

Brwned

Yeah, Neymar's certainly got the bigger reputation for now. From a (trustworthy) Brazilian newbie...

Well, he's coming leaps an bounds since last year, and while that Ganso can't get games. Came back, was starting to do great and got injury again. Neymar is really regular and keeps scoring. And injury free. Scored in the Paulistão final, altough wasn't a good game of his, and yesterday at Libertadores against Once Caldas.

Scoring almost every game, is doing great. Can't wait for the Brasileirão to start next week. Turning into something really special. And at the moment in Brazil peerless.
Lucas has a long way to go yet but I'd be very surprised if he didn't make it barring injuries, Neymar's just gone from strength to strength following the u20 tournament and has taken his game up another notch.

Brwned

He's in the squad for the friendlies against Holland and Romania on the 4th and 7th respectively which will be used as a warm up for the Copa. Looks like he might be given a run out there, although 6 players still need to be taken out of the squad (7 if Ganso recovers) and surely he's one of the options.

Keepers: Julio César (Inter Milan), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Grêmio), Fábio (Cruzeiro)
Wing backs: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Inter Milan), André Santos (Fenerbahçe), Adriano (Barcelona)
Central defenders: Lúcio (Inter Milan), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), David Luiz (Chelsea), Luisão (Benfica)
Midfielders: Lucas Leiva (Liverpool), Ramires (Chelsea), Sandro Ranieri (Tottenham), Henrique (Cruzeiro), Anderson (Manchester United), Elano (Santos), Elias (Atlético Madrid), Lucas Moura (São Paulo), Thiago Neves (Flamengo), Jadson (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Forwards: Robinho (AC Milan), Neymar (Santos), Alexandre Pato (Milan), Nilmar (Villarreal), Leandro Damião (Internacional), Fred (Fluminense)

Ronaldo also in the squad for his farewell game.

Brwned

Ah yes, well that list was made on the 19th so a couple of days before his injury.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Andre Santos, Adriano and 4 goalkeepers make the team and not Marcelo. I don't get the coaches of Brazil and Argentina.

Devilton

80 million...that's it? For the heir apparent of Pele, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Socrates i'd expect 100 million minimum.

Brazilians. The original hype masters.

Brwned

They are but I don't think there's been all that much hype around Lucas, partly because he doesn't encourage it and partly because Neymar is taking so many of the headlines.

Devilton

Well, then they are trying to generate the hype. I mean, fair do he's probably one of the best talents in the country. But what's he done to get a 80 million tag slapped on him? Who exactly is even willing to pay half that amount for him?

Because he's Brazilian people aren't laughing it off...cause there's the off chance he might actually be worth that some day. But even then, it's simply ridiculous a young player can get saddled with that sort of potential value.

That said. He probably got a signing bonus and wage hike when he signed the new contract so good for him.

TheReligion

Abusive
This keeps getting bumped wrongly.

Post your thoughts on the player in the thread in the football forum about him.

This is for transfer rumours and speculation.

Brwned

I'm not sure the mods would want two threads about him.

RedRover

Well, then they are trying to generate the hype. I mean, fair do he's probably one of the best talents in the country. But what's he done to get a 80 million tag slapped on him? Who exactly is even willing to pay half that amount for him?

Because he's Brazilian people aren't laughing it off...cause there's the off chance he might actually be worth that some day. But even then, it's simply ridiculous a young player can get saddled with that sort of potential value.

That said. He probably got a signing bonus and wage hike when he signed the new contract so good for him.
Its clearly a case of clubs wanting to keep their star asset or sell on their own terms. They are well aware nobody would probably pay even a tenth of that at this stage and thats precisely the point.

Same as clubs in Spain putting enormous buy out clauses in to contracts. Although its mandatory they are very rarely realistic.

Brwned

Ah I see, I missed that!

Too late.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
PSG like the look of Lucas

Ambitious Ligue 1 outfit Paris St Germain have made a move for Brazil international midfielder Lucas.

The capital giants are now backed by Qatari investors and are looking to make a splash in the transfer market this summer.

Numerous targets have been identified and bids have been lodged by those considered to be towards the top of that wish list.

Sao Paulo starlet Lucas fits into that category, with the 18-year-old tipped to be a potential star of the future.

He has already shone in his homeland and has won four senior caps for his country.

Contact
PSG hope they can lure the talented teenager to Europe, but Lucas' agent claims they may struggle to tempt Sao Paulo into a sale.

Wagner Ribeiro told L'Equipe: "I was contacted by the Qataris about a week ago.

"We received a good offer from the Qataris, but the club doesn't want to sell."

It is understood that Sao Paulo want around €80million (£72m) for Lucas, who is also reported to be attracting interest from Bayern Munich and Manchester United.
That would be a good move for him.

RDCR07

Are these Qatari investors who own PSG the same ones who were rumored to be interested in buying us?

Brwned

Get involved in it Brwned.

Anyway, you seem to like this chap, like I do.

Doubt he is a realistic target though for United but think he is going to be fantastic. What you think?
Aye, with pace like he has teams will always see him as a threat (see Barcelona talking about Walcott or Lennon's influence against Milan) never mind the rest of his game, look forward to seeing how he progresses.

There's no chance he's going for €80m, by the same logic Flamengo want £175m for Ronaldinho. PSG seems fairly realistic though, he will command a big fee if Neymar and Ganso both go for £30m+ and I don't think many teams will be wanting to pay that for someone who"s played so little football at a high level (both Ganso and Neymar had played in the Paulistao final and had started for Brazil before the big bids were rumoured, and will have started for Brazil numerous times as well have played in the Libertadores final before they move) and if he does succeed in PSG he'll undoubtedly make them a profit and improve their standing in current club football. Commentator in the Cears game did say there was no mention of the PSG link in Brazil.

That said, he still seems like he's adjusting to being a big name in Brazil never mind on a world scale and is very attached to his family and roots in Sao Paulo so I think he'll reject a move at this point (as Neymar did at the same age last year) and in a years' time he'll very possibly be starting for Brazil and may take his team to the Brasiliero title (the country-wide league, they're currently top with Casemiro and Lucas very influential) and maybe a bigger club will be willing to take the risk. In terms of style, quality and mentality he seems like he could be a target for us but I'd be very surprised to see us willing to pay that kind of money for him, personally.

RDCR07

Football | Serie A | Inter have

Sao Paulo have rejected an offer from Inter Milan for midfielder Lucas, according to the Brazilian club.

The 18-year-old midfielder - not to be confused with Brazil and Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva - has already played for Brazil at senior level and has been tipped for a bright future in the game.

Inter reportedly had a €25 million offer for the player rejected by Sao Paulo.

"Sao Paulo do not accept negotiating Lucas in any case," Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Lopes told Lancenet.

"We received offers for him as pure courtesy, we did not even consider them.

"The only way to get Lucas out of Sao Paulo is by paying his release clause. We did not even read Inter's proposal, and have already informed them we are not accepting it."

Lucas is understood to have an €80 million release clause in his contract.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What's with Brazilian clubs holding sides to ransom these days? Back in early 2000s and late 90s you could pick up any talent in South America and buy him for a relatively low fee compared to prices that were paid for proven European based players. Now there's no difference, well there might even be a tendncy to pay more for South Americans because normally a player like Neymar or Lucas wouldn't be valued at £40m+ in Europe.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Probably started with the likes of Kaka' Pato being so expensive adding the fact that the prices for players are now inflated etc...

The club make stupid release causes which are unrealistic just to get the best price or start a bidding war...a

Its mostly about finance imo...

Top talents from Europe/South America should cost around a Nani imo... fair value.

Status
Not open for further replies.