Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Red 11

It's really hard to judge him. Everytime I watch PSG, Moura isn't playing so I can't judge him. But go to PSG reddit, recently someone asked about Lucas Moura and PSG fans said some positive & negative things.

On positive side: he is a very skillful player, a nice guy who has no issue in his real life & probably fastest player in Ligue 1.

However, on negative side: he's not creative enough & his decision making is very poor because he tends to dribble too much and didn't pass the ball to other players who are in good position. He's not a good crosser. he is very predictable because he likes to cut inside from both left and right.

Overall, it doesn't sound a good signing, him not being creative & poor decision making is the same problem that Miki has. He's not a good crosser is also not a good thing because we do need a right winger who can cross the ball to Lukaku. Overall, he sounds like the Brazillian Zaha.

There are too many negative shouts that indicate we shouldn't sign this guy permanently because he's just not the right answer for our right winger. But may be it's just that he doesn't suit PSG's style & may be Jose knows how to get the best out of this guy. Personally I'm not a big fans of this signing, but if Valencia who was nobody in Wigan with no good stats of end product and somehow we were able to turned him into assist machine for Rooney in 2009/2010 and got named in PFA Team of the year. I can still see this signing might turn into a bargain signing. After all we need a natural right winger & Moura is a talented right winger and he needs a manager who knows how to get the best out of him.

Dante

Average bang
If he's not (potentially) good enough to start for us in a CL final, he's not the calibre of player we should be targetting. The squad is already bloated with individuals a notch below top class. We need to bridge that gap, not spin our wheels. All the comments about being ”good for the price” do my nut in. This isn't a video game.

That said, if he can be top class under Jose, we should go for him. But I honestly don't know how good he is. I just know that the Football Manager strategies I'm seeing won't get us back to the top.

Womp

idiot
If we sign Moura, the board is content with always being good, not pushing on to compete with the best. He's stagnated in his career, if anything has probably went backwards. Signing decent players who can do a job is the reason we are still spending money years down the line.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It seems he's lost a bit of pace since he was first signed, would you agree with that?
That's possible, or he may have got slighty less agile when becaming stronger.

L1nk

If we sign Moura, the board is content with always being good, not pushing on to compete with the best. He's stagnated in his career, if anything has probably went backwards. Signing decent players who can do a job is the reason we are still spending money years down the line.
This for me is the main issue, it would also mean, most likely, that our rivals will get a steal on bigger and better targets in the summer, as seems to have been the case in recent years, when we've just been chasing average or does a job players. It's no wonder we are behind City when we are chasing signings like this. No top team in any league is chasing this guy, not one, hell, Nantes from the same league want him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
To be honest does this signing fit our profile? It’s kind of a confusing signing which on one hand might just be another example of our strange transfer strategy over the last few years.

Or this could be the beginning of a different kind of approach from Ribalta and the new scouting team, signing the profile of players Juve would have taken a punt on?

or the new management are pulling a master stroke and he’ll become an important player for us.

Last edited:

T A

Sky said he didnt play any CL minute for PSG from the start of this season. Can he play for us in this current Champions League?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I'm surprised at how many balls he takes off from his opponents with standing tackles. Not something you'd expect from a Brazilian winger.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sky said he didnt play any CL minute for PSG from the start of this season. Can he play for us in this current Champions League?
I think so. He didn't play in CL at all which means he is not cup tied

ti vu

To be honest does this signing fit our profile? It’s kind of a confusing signing which on one hand might just be another example of our strange transfer strategy over the last few years.

Or this could be the beginning of a different kind of approach from Ribalta and the new scouting team, signing the profile of players Juve would have taken a punt on?

or the new management are pulling a master stroke and he’ll become an important player for us.
We need winger, which he's closer to fit that profile. It's not signing for the sake of signing. However, does seem underwhelming though as Moura doesn't seem to improve much since over the years from a fan point of view. We don't know the in depth of our scouting work. There are case player with change of club would significantly improve.

T A

I think so. He didn't play in CL at all which means he is not cup tied
I checked on Transfermarkt and this site shows that he was on the bench for PSG first two matches in the group stage. Is this anything related to cup-tied rule?

Edit: Solved. He still can
From Quora.com said:
According to UEFA’s current rules, Article 42.07: A substitute player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with the present regulations.

Last edited:

LoCalXT

Lucas is actually a very good player. Every team needs a Nani ....& on his good days Nani was terrific. I

DdeGoat

He'll be one more ordinary player to join in our ranks who we'll be looking to shift in a couple of years but won't be able to because he'll be on massive wages.

This is an accurate description of him from @J_Red 11

However, on negative side: he's not creative enough & his decision making is very poor because he tends to dribble too much and didn't pass the ball to other players who are in good position. He's not a good crosser. he is very predictable because he likes to cut inside from both left and right.
The argument I have seen in his favor so far:

- We should sign him because the forum shit on Matic in the summer and he has turned out to be fine for us.
- 'I' trust Jose Mourinho
- We don't have a right winger, so anyone is a plus. We need someone to bomb crosses in the box.
- At €20m he is worth a punt.
- He scored 18 goals last season.

Which are all nonsense, imo. The first one is insane. If this place shit on a player we signed and he turned out be good, it doesn't mean that the opposite of that'll be true for every player from now on.

The problem with trusting Jose Mourinho is that he is not always correct when signing players. Salah, Cuadrado & Luis were players he signed at Chelsea that were discarded pretty quickly. Mkhitaryan with us has proven to be a bad buy. Lindelof isn't much better. We gave Zlatan an extension. We were after Perisic, who is nothing special either. He couldn't make a use of Lukaku and DeBruyne at Chelsea.

Moura is not a back in the day Valencia who will beat his marker and bomb crosses in the box. He is as likely to cut inside as any of the wide players today. If we are simply looking for someone to throw crosses in the box, we should use Young in front of Valencia. It is also a wrong notion that we don't have anyone to play on the right wing. Jose plays Mata on the right in games against mid-table or below opposition because we lack creativity in the team against parked buses. Pogba alone is not enough to provide creativity. You need more than one intricate passer with a vision in those games. Mata does that job. And Moura will be useless in that role. Another brainless player like Mkhi who'll run into walls.

Being available on cheap doesn't mean that a player is worth a punt. It is a waste of money at €20m, as it will be at €10m or €30m. Stats can also be meaningless without the full context. Arda Turan scored 13 goals in 30 appearances for Barcelona last season, which is a better ratio than Moura's 18 goals in 52 appearances for PSG. He is a winger who has played in a similar set-up to Jose and done well. He could be available for less than what PSG might demand for Moura. Will he be a good punt too? The stats after all suggests that he is better than Moura.

Last edited:

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Despite myself I really, really want this signing to happen.

The guy is still an absolute moron for choosing P$G over ourseves in 2012, I really think with the amount of talent he has (/had) he'd be making Eden Hazard like contributions to the Premier League had he spent a couple of years under SAF's tutelage and learning in the fire of the Premier League.

Every time I've pined for him during PSG Champions League games (who watches Ligue 1?) he still seems to have that touch of electricity about him, routinely destroying the likes of Barcelona and even during his quieter games seems a constant threat due to his explosiveness.

He's probably missed out on the chance to fulfill his potential but Walcott he is not, he most definitely has a football brain where his end product could be worked on in the same manner Mourinho worked on Hazard's. He'd be a superb addition to our counter-attacks or pulling defenders out of position on the right so we can work it through the centre.

€25-30m would be a steal, but then it's probably not worth purchasing him for his actual value if that makes sense.

Frank Grimes

Just to clarify my previous post, which has proved so controversial. I meant headless chicken, not brainless chicken - I knew there was something odd about the phrase as I wrote it :D

I think that's a fair description of some of the play of the three players I listed. It seems to me that our present need is for players whose first instinct is to pass the ball, since our signature issue is lack of fluency.
Blatantly racist that post was. Disgusting that people can get away with that.

Frank Grimes

Despite myself I really, really want this signing to happen.

The guy is still an absolute moron for choosing P$G over ourseves in 2012, I really think with the amount of talent he has (/had) he'd be making Eden Hazard like contributions to the Premier League had he spent a couple of years under SAF's tutelage and learning in the fire of the Premier League.

Every time I've pined for him during PSG Champions League games (who watches Ligue 1?) he still seems to have that touch of electricity about him, routinely destroying the likes of Barcelona and even during his quieter games seems a constant threat due to his explosiveness.

He's probably missed out on the chance to fulfill his potential but Walcott he is not, he most definitely has a football brain where his end product could be worked on in the same manner Mourinho worked on Hazard's. He'd be a superb addition to our counter-attacks or pulling defenders out of position on the right so we can work it through the centre.

€25-30m would be a steal, but then it's probably not worth purchasing him for his actual value if that makes sense.
He could be a canny signing. Not every signing has to be 90m, a lot of our fans need to get away from this narrow minded view.

Norris

Blatantly racist that post was. Disgusting that people can get away with that.
Really don't know how it is so blatant. In hindsight, yes it is racist. But I didn't think much of it until others called out that post as racist and stereotyping. It's just a case of how we are conditioned to think I guess.

Norris

He knew what he was saying. Then he smiles about it.
Probably I'm derailing the thread, but I am not so sure. He did say that he used the wrong phrase which seemed a little off to him, so I'm more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyways, back to Moura... Go Lucas.. :drool:. All Lucas' are class except those that played for liverpool.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I can't seem to find this controversial post, did he delete it? I WANT TO BE OUTRAGED!

T A

In case we couldnt have Ozil this winter window, i would like to have Lucas. Any reinforcement for CL is valuable now because this competition has become our most important aim since City's dominance in PL. 25m is also an attractive price for a player having won SAF's approval

Hawks2008

It seems people have convinced themselves that in this transfer market, it is okay to sign an underwhelming, unwanted player with 72 minutes of football all season for 25m, and 100-150k a week, someone who no other top club will go near. If it works out, Mourinho will be called a genius. If it doesn't, the same fans who are defending this transfer today will criticise Woodward for adding more deadwood to the squad without the slightest hint of self-awareness. City get Sanchez and we get Lucas Moura, it's like we don't even want to compete with them...

NotQuiteManc

For 20-30 mil, I think this kind of signing would work. He would slot in the RW, and probably would make the team function better, as most of them would just clog the middle and the opponents would nullified the attack pretty easily.

Antonedwin

It seems people have convinced themselves that in this transfer market, it is okay to sign an underwhelming, unwanted player with 72 minutes of football all season for 25m, and 100-150k a week, someone who no other top club will go near. If it works out, Mourinho will be called a genius. If it doesn't, the same fans who are defending this transfer today will criticise Woodward for adding more deadwood to the squad without the slightest hint of self-awareness. City get Sanchez and we get Lucas Moura, it's like we don't even want to compete with them...
sanchez is 30 soon and on decline , if we are really in for him , many here would even more disagree with , bald pep is in city for short term so he has no problem buying 30s player

jdotman

Everyone saying that he hasn't improved at all or has even regressed should watch his performances against Chelsea and Arsenal last season. Theres videos of this on youtube and vimeo. I think the premier league will suit his style of play a lot more and could turn out to be one of our best players.

Womp

idiot
Lucas is actually a very good player. Every team needs a Nani ....& on his good days Nani was terrific. I
Except he's nothing like Nani. Nani was all about flair and trickery, Lucas is more of a 'productive' winger. Moura is more of a Valencia (if he was capable of cutting in) than a Nani.

Womp

idiot
How I feel too. Lucas would be a decent signing, but he's not the type of signing we should be making to get back to the top. He's regressed as a player since joining PSG, is 25 now and looks worse than he did when he burst onto the scene. When if anything at this age he should be beginning to iron out the kinks in his play and getting to his top level, rather than trying to catch up to himself from years ago.

sokol11

If this signing means we are not buying Bale I'm all for it. Maybe it will work out and he proves himself here.

redNATION

If we can get him for a reasonable price in this market (like 25m) then he would be a good addition to the squad, given our weakness on the wings. But if he’s the signing as first choice RW then no, we shouldn’t be playing PSG leftovers in our main 11, especially as our rivals (both domestic and European) are targeting players like Sanchez, Hazard and Dybala.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
On one thread people are moaning about not signing Madrid reject Robben.
On this thread people are moaning about PSG reject Moura.
Cool

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well SSN, Duncan Castles and Brazilian Media now reporting our interest over him. How good is his crossing?

dasty

Too many idiots played too many FIFA with 0 common sense and thinks we can sign multiple world class players a window. 34 goals and 26 assists in 95 starts for PSG in the Ligue 1 = underwhelming, unconvincing, did nothing. This forum is such a cesspit of negativity it's hard to even read the threads here.

Is Moura world class? No, not even close. Will he improve our team? FFS look at our right wingers. For 20m he is a gamble worth taking, yet people on this forum are still crying, what a ridiculous place.

red thru&thru

Too many idiots played too many FIFA with 0 common sense and thinks we can sign multiple world class players a window. 34 goals and 26 assists in 95 starts for PSG in the Ligue 1 = underwhelming, unconvincing, did nothing. This forum is such a cesspit of negativity it's hard to even read the threads here.

Is Moura world class? No, not even close. Will he improve our team? FFS look at our right wingers. For 20m he is a gamble worth taking, yet people on this forum are still crying, what a ridiculous place.
Hahahaha, great post. This place is really negative. I’m all for debates etc but just the negativity is draining at times. However, I still come back and visit?! Now and then there’s the odd positive pist/discussion which just draws you back.

Anyway, back to Moura...would be good signing for the fee of around £20m. Heck, Sanches went on loan to Swansea for £8m, so putcahse of about £20m, in today’s climate, is not bad business.

DdeGoat

Well SSN, Duncan Castles and Brazilian Media now reporting our interest over him. How good is his crossing?
Not very good. He'll be cutting in, not taking the ball to the byline and delivering sweet crosses for Lukaku to head.

Hawks2008

Tbf Lucas is better in FIFA than real life.

Wombatking

I have never seen him play, so can't really comment on his abilities, but I still think his signing would make sense. First, if he turns out great, then great. If not, we will possibly sign Bale and Lucas could fill in when Bale is injured. Or if we sign Malcom, Lucas could give him some time to adapt and grow. So basically, for the apparent price asked I would be all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.