Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DdeGoat

Too many idiots played too many FIFA with 0 common sense and thinks we can sign multiple world class players a window. 34 goals and 26 assists in 95 starts for PSG in the Ligue 1 = underwhelming, unconvincing, did nothing. This forum is such a cesspit of negativity it's hard to even read the threads here.

Is Moura world class? No, not even close. Will he improve our team? FFS look at our right wingers. For 20m he is a gamble worth taking, yet people on this forum are still crying, what a ridiculous place.
May be you are the idiot who is talking out of his arse about a player who you have hardly ever seen. Just presenting a players stats playing for a dominant team in the league is not enough to support your argument. But hey, it gives you a chance to call everyone an idiot, so why not! What a ridiculous place, indeed.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not very good. He'll be cutting in, not taking the ball to the byline and delivering sweet crosses for Lukaku to head.
Damn, that's not what we really need.

DdeGoat

Damn, that's not what we really need.
Yup. If we are looking for more balance on the right wing then what we need is a right sided Sane. A player of his profile, not necessarily his quality, will serve us much better than Moura.

DickDastardly

Don't really get the whole money issue, it ain't my money out of the pocket, what do I give a rats ass how much do we pay for him?

Why are you all caught up in a twirl over the transfer fee?
So we could win the "net spend league"?!

Is he good enough? Who knows, who even watches the french league?!
He does love a back heel though.

Will he be an improvement over Juan? He will certainly give us another option on the right, I love me some Mata, he's a smart little man, but he is lacking in the speed and trickery divisions, something Lucas has in abundancy.

New blood.... I'm all for it!

Craig Ward

Wouldn't be the best signing, wouldn't be the worst.

The out and out winger people crave to take on a man, hit the byline and cross - does that type of player even exist anymore? I cant think of one right winger who hugs the touchline and does this.

When Moura went to PSG, I thought we missed a trick. From what I know, he's suffered with injuries and been in/out of the PSG team, he's showed moments where he looks very good, and sometimes he misses a pass/makes a bad decision.

Is he the best of the best? Clearly not. But we are linked with Bale and everyone on here whinges like its the worst thing ever, we just like to moan.

Moura will provide a better option on our RW than any of Mata/Lingard/Miki/Rashford. Why? Because Moura is a RW. The others are not.

So maybe the signing will benefit the TEAM as a whole, by bring much needed balance by actually playing players in the correct position.

Not every signing has to be a superstar. Some signings just make sense

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Too many idiots played too many FIFA with 0 common sense and thinks we can sign multiple world class players a window. 34 goals and 26 assists in 95 starts for PSG in the Ligue 1 = underwhelming, unconvincing, did nothing. This forum is such a cesspit of negativity it's hard to even read the threads here.

Is Moura world class? No, not even close. Will he improve our team? FFS look at our right wingers. For 20m he is a gamble worth taking, yet people on this forum are still crying, what a ridiculous place.
Its crazy right? At least they should use FM. I got two 16-18 years olds with United whose basically owning the whole place. The striker is scoring more goals then Lukaku and Kane. The winger is literally an assist machine

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We are in the loop here where two sides talking the same things and arguing about it.
I believe nobody thinks that we don't need him and nobody thinks that he is world class.
So main issue here is it smart to add more depth in squad? I wish that he becomes our matchwinner, top class player but it is more likely that he will "do his job". And those kind of players we have a lot. Smalling, rojo, lindelof, fellaini, herrera, mata... all those players are good enough to be here but we all know that we can do better in that positions. Same will go with moura if he comes.
Past months i said couple of times that i want any right winger and i mentioned that even stuart downing i would take( joke of course). But now i am not so sure. In one minute i want moura next i don't. Maybe is better to wait on dybala or griezmann or bale and fill that position with some kid rather than buy moura who is, i repeat good player and will make us better but problem is how much better?
Lets be realistic, we are not city who will buy two players for one position. If we buy moura, that is that. He is our first choice right winger next few years.

L1nk

Poor. Uninspired signing. I guarantee that if we buy Moura now, our rivals will just buy the bigger attacking talent in the summer, and we'll end up with a Brazillian Walcott because we are panicking in January, even Malcom would be a better choice and he's widely available. Ugh, here's me thinking we need to compete lets go for the Pulisic's the Lozano's the Malcom's in the summer, no we go for someone who's regressed since their youth and no other top team in any league would go anywhere near. PSG replaced him with higher quality players, shouldn't that say something? We should be going for the tier of player that PSG replaced him with in the summer, that's the only way we'll complete, and i don't mean signing all 100mill players, there would be players at a decent price that are really talented.

padzilla

Hipster
I don't see the risk providing he isn't on a ludicrous wage that prevents us signing other players in the summer. It's an area we need strengthening and for 20m I do not see it as a huge risk in the current market.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
If both Mourinho and SAF have been interested in him, i trust them.
You don't need the best player in every position, but players who work in the manager's system, and i'm sure Mourinho knows who those players are. It's a team game, not an individual sport.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Pro Evo > FIFA. Just thought id throw that in there

Trizy

It seems people have convinced themselves that in this transfer market, it is okay to sign an underwhelming, unwanted player with 72 minutes of football all season
I'm unsure about this signing but almost every winger out of the top 5-10 would be benched for the super talent Mbappe. Also with his youth and good fitness record he can play almost every game.

It's not like he's second to Townsend.

BBer13

he is probably the best option we have in this window to sort out our RW position. For the price it is pretty decent purchase i think, given his age if it doesn't work out we still will be able to get most of our money back as the talent he has is still pretty high. Lets not forget that a top 4 position is not a certainty this year, i would rather spend the money now and have a better shot of cementing our place in the top 4 than leave our RW short and not having enough firepower to get us over the line.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Everyone saying that he hasn't improved at all or has even regressed should watch his performances against Chelsea and Arsenal last season. Theres videos of this on youtube and vimeo. I think the premier league will suit his style of play a lot more and could turn out to be one of our best players.
Anyone saying that don't know him at all, he improved a lot which wasn't really hard.

settembrini

he is probably the best option we have in this window to sort out our RW position. For the price it is pretty decent purchase i think, given his age if it doesn't work out we still will be able to get most of our money back as the talent he has is still pretty high. Lets not forget that a top 4 position is not a certainty this year, i would rather spend the money now and have a better shot of cementing our place in the top 4 than leave our RW short and not having enough firepower to get us over the line.
This is similar to how I feel.

Our right wing was a big problem last season, we did nothing to fix it in the summer, and it's been a big problem again this season. Moura, based on his performances last season, could improve us a lot. Yes there are better players out there but can we sign them now and for a price significantly lower than what we wouldn't pay for Perisic?

Signing Moura now does not mean we couldn't spend in the same position in the summer. If Moura joins this month and does really well then we have saved ourselves a fortune that could be invested in other areas. If he is average or bad then he is no worse than Mata and Mkhitaryan. Sell the older players, keep the younger Moura as a squad player, and try for a superstar like Dybala. Is that such a bad plan?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I haven't watched him regularly except few CL games, so just compared his stats with Lemar and Lucas' doesn't look out of place at all for 2016-17 season (Monaco scored 103 league goals vs 83 for PSG)

JPRouve

Scout
I haven't watched him regularly except few CL games, so just compared his stats with Lemar and Lucas' doesn't look out of place at all for 2016-17 season (Monaco scored 103 league goals vs 83 for PSG)
Lucas and Lemar are totally different players playing totally different roles though.

roonster09

Scout
Lucas and Lemar are totally different players playing totally different roles though.
Yeah I know, in the summer people were going on and on about how Lemar created so many chances/assists, so checked his stats. There wasn't any difference.

Btw what do you think of these links? Good signing?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Poor. Uninspired signing. I guarantee that if we buy Moura now, our rivals will just buy the bigger attacking talent in the summer, and we'll end up with a Brazillian Walcott because we are panicking in January, even Malcom would be a better choice and he's widely available. Ugh, here's me thinking we need to compete lets go for the Pulisic's the Lozano's the Malcom's in the summer, no we go for someone who's regressed since their youth and no other top team in any league would go anywhere near. PSG replaced him with higher quality players, shouldn't that say something? We should be going for the tier of player that PSG replaced him with in the summer, that's the only way we'll complete, and i don't mean signing all 100mill players, there would be players at a decent price that are really talented.
Who are you talking about though? What big amazing talent is available?

Cliche Guevara

How I feel too. Lucas would be a decent signing, but he's not the type of signing we should be making to get back to the top. He's regressed as a player since joining PSG, is 25 now and looks worse than he did when he burst onto the scene. When if anything at this age he should be beginning to iron out the kinks in his play and getting to his top level, rather than trying to catch up to himself from years ago.
Once again, how do you know this? Last season seemed to be his best so far and this season he’s been kept out the squad by the two most expensive players in the world!

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah I know, in the summer people were going on and on about how Lemar created so many chances/assists, so checked his stats. There wasn't any difference.

Btw what do you think of these links? Good signing?
He could be a very good signing and he probably wouldn't be a bad one, it's the same type of spectrum than Douglas Costa when he joined Bayern from Shakhtar. He is a high ceiling low floor type of player. And I don't know about the links, it could be PSG trying to create a market for him since they have to make money this winter, in relation with FFP.

Edit: He comes across as a nice guy and he seems smart, he learned french very quickly.

Last edited:

Cliche Guevara

Can you let me know who’s as good as Neymar and Mbappe, at a decent price?

Please let me know and I’ll buy them myself.

roonster09

Scout
He could be a very good signing and he probably wouldn't be a bad one, it's the same type of spectrum than Douglas Costa when he joined Bayern from Shakhtar. He is a high ceiling low floor type of player. And I don't know about the links, it could be PSG trying to create a market for him since they have to make money this winter, in relation with FFP.
Yeah, I was impressed with his ability to carry the ball and push the defence on back foot. Not sure how many times he played with same motivation against lesser teams but in few games in CL (I watched) he was very good at that.

Thought he would be good addition considering we don't have a proper RW.

Womp

idiot
Once again, how do you know this? Last season seemed to be his best so far and this season he’s been kept out the squad by the two most expensive players in the world!
It's no slight on the player. Simply put, our rivals both domestically and in Europe will be looking to sign players far superior to Moura. He's a good player, but he hasn't improved nearly as much as people expected. He's at an age where he should be nearing (or already in) his peak now, not still looking to establish himself as a player.

If we're signing him to simply fill positions in the squad, I'm all for it as he's a good player. If we're signing him as one of our main signings for those positions, it's terrible management. Signings like this is why we're where we are. Selling Ronaldo and getting Valencia as an example. He's been a great player for us, but we should have been looking to bring in some proper quality of a similar standard.

Also I don't buy that excuse that he's not playing because of Neymar and Mbappe. Draxler is in similar circumstances and still plays quite a bit. Draxler has played over a thousand minutes to Moura's 70. So no, I don't buy that it's as simple as not playing due to Neymar and Mbappe.

That being said, Draxler is a player I'd be excited for us to sign. Still think we could do better, but I think he's just simply a better player than Moura, with a higher ceiling too.

JPRouve

Scout
It's no slight on the player. Simply put, there our rivals both domestically and in Europe will be looking to sign players far superior to Moura. He's a good player, but he hasn't improved nearly as much as people expected. He's at an age where he should be nearing (or already in) his peak now, not still looking to establish himself as a player.

If we're signing him to simply fill positions in the squad, I'm all for it as he's a good player. If we're signing him as one of our main signings for those positions, it's terrible management. Signings like this is why we're where we are. Selling Ronaldo and getting Valencia as an example. He's been a great player for us, but we should have been looking to bring in some proper quality of a similar standard.

Also I don't buy that excuse that he's not playing because of Neymar and Mbappe. Draxler is in similar circumstances and still plays quite a bit. That being said, Draxler is a player I'd be excited for us to sign. Think he's just simply a better player than Moura, with a higher ceiling too.
Draxler isn't in similar circumstances, he isn't an out and out player which saw him play in the midfield three instead of the front three.

Womp

idiot
Draxler isn't in similar circumstances, he isn't an out and out player which saw him play in the midfield three instead of the front three.
Draxler is by trade a wide player/CAM though, his versatility allows him to play there. You're right though, a better example would have been ADM, or Pastore. Simply put, players get rotated, fall out of form etc. if by this stage of the season you haven't even managed a whole game of minutes, it's got more to do than the players you're competing with, it's because you're not of the required standard.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's weird. Salah has followed a somewhat similar trajectory. Promising youngster signed for a big PL club, never really impressed, moved on to another league and performed decently and now is the best player in the PL. Honestly, who'd have thought that?

I've seen Lucas play a handful of times, so can't really say much with regards to his performances. I remember him being lightening fast a few years back. However, he had a good season last year and could (COULD) have a similar impact to Salah. Don't get the moaning. If he was linked to Liverpool, we'd probably be whining as to why we weren't interested.

JPRouve

Scout
Draxler is by trade a wide player/CAM though, his versatility allows him to play there. You're right though, a better example would have been ADM, or Pastore. Simply put, players get rotated, fall out of form etc. if by this stage of the season you haven't even managed a whole game of minutes, it's got more to do than the players you're competing with, it's because you're not of the required standard.
Pastore isn't a wide player and ADM is like Draxler, so again not the same circumstances. The problem for Lucas is that he has the biggest competition in Europe and he doesn't really have the profile that fits 2017 PSG and it goes beyond Neymar and Mbappé, PSG don't need his profile because their right fullbacks are very good at stretching the field and creating from wide, what PSG need in their front three are world class attackers with playmaking abilities which is not Lucas Moura. Lucas was a good fit with Ibrahimovic not anymore.

ROFLUTION

Having seen all of his 17 goals last season on YouTube, some clear patterns emerges:

- Almost every goal is a tap-in
- Penalties flaws the statistic
- Not many goals scored while PSG in heavy-position. Many goals on counter-attacks.

To be honest, when watching he did not look the very promising talent he once was. Could be due to game-time also, but the previous years has shown him to not live up to the talent in a league where he definitely should be able to fulfill his potential. I'd rather give Lingard more game-time and then have a spot available for a very big player on the Bale-level. Lucas would fit Liverpool's gung-ho style better.

Edit: Or on loan to see if he can produce/fit in.

No Love

Has our bid even been prepared yet? If not, it stinks of negligence. Everyone knows the bid preparation phase must start at least 6 months in advance.

Womp

idiot
Pastore isn't a wide player and ADM is like Draxler, so again not the same circumstances. The problem for Lucas is that he has the biggest competition in Europe and he doesn't really have the profile that fits 2017 PSG and it goes beyond Neymar and Mbappé, PSG don't need his profile because their right fullbacks are very good at stretching the field and creating from wide, what PSG need in their front three are world class attackers with playmaking abilities which is not Lucas Moura. Lucas was a good fit with Ibrahimovic not anymore.
You're right Pastore isn't a wide player, yet he's played more minutes out wide than Moura has this season - it's telling. Also ADM has played mostly off the wings for PSG this season, so no, I don't really buy it.

I just don't think he's good enough to be a star player in a team going for the top trophies. Would be a great option to have to fill the squad and to come in when needed etc. but I can think of many available players that we should be looking at before him if we wanted genuine quality.

JPRouve

Scout
You're right Pastore isn't a wide player, yet he's played more minutes out wide than Moura has this season - it's telling. Also ADM has played mostly off the wings for PSG this season, so no, I don't really buy it.

I just don't think he's good enough to be a star player in a team going for the top trophies. Would be a great option to have to fill the squad and to come in when needed etc. but I can think of many available players that we should be looking at before him if we wanted genuine quality.
Yeah but you are the only one arguing something like that, as far as I can tell people see him as a good option in a position where we have basically no actual wide player. And of course it's telling that Pastore plays wide instead of Moura, he fits the role that PSG wants, playmakers.

Signing Lucas doesn't mean that we are not going to get our star player.

Womp

idiot
Yeah but you are the only one arguing something like that, as far as I can tell people see him as a good option in a position where we have basically no actual wide player. And of course it's telling that Pastore plays wide instead of Moura, he fits the role that PSG wants, playmakers.

Signing Lucas doesn't mean that we are not going to get our star player.
Which I'm fine with - as I've said. Signing him to fill the squad is great as if the fee is to be believed we'd be signing a good player for a good fee.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Watched him very little, but from what I've seen he did have a pretty decent cross in him. As I remember he was even on set-pieces sometimes at PSG. So, I'm a little bit confused about posts saying otherwise.

@JPRouve @Ecstatic your thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.