Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
According to the lesser papers, now picked up by Talksport, United are talking with PSG for their reject winger Lucas Moura.

Is he what we need? Better than Mahrez or Malcolm?

Sun - Express

Sun base this on LE 10 Sport (no idea about them) who claim Utd have been in contact with PSG though no bid has been made.

Last edited:

red thru&thru

I can imagine it would only be for a loan deal. Anything more l than that, then we should steer clear.

Amethystxx

One of our proud legend along with Gaitan, Garay and Sneijder.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Could you provide links and who put their name on the story. Makes a whole lot of difference before you get people worried. :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Gaitan transferring to Atletico did wonders for Lucas' column inches.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Guys this could be serious. The Sun, The Mirror, The Metro, The Express AND The Daily Star are all running this. They don't just make up shit to sell papers.

drdoityourself

Would be worth a punt. Robben was a Real reject at one point. Coutinho wasn't doing it at Inter either.

We desperately need some talent on the wings. And there aren't many as likely to move in January as him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Could you provide links and who put their name on the story. Makes a whole lot of difference before you get people worried. :)
Fixed. Doesn't seem anything rock solid, which I guess is just as well, given the reaction of people :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Fixed. Doesn't seem anything rock solid, which I guess is just as well, given the reaction of people :lol:
Cheers. Good job they're not very reliable.

Nick.

Why would you sign Lucas Moura when Mahrez is available...

Champagne Football

He's exact same age as Jesse Lingard. Lingard was a laughing stock up until 2 months ago. No one is laughing anymore. Moura might just be at a stage in his career to move up a level.

United Pro

He's exact same age as Jesse Lingard. Lingard was a laughing stock up until 2 months ago. No one is laughing anymore. Moura might just be at a stage in his career to move up a level.
I wouldn't really say Moura can be compared to Lingard. Lingard is a late bloomer, while Lucas was playing well in Brazil as a teenager. He also had 19 goals and 11 assists in all competitions last season. I think where most on here have a problem with Moura is that he appears to be a bit of a headless chicken at times on the pitch. He could still surprise many on here, though I'd much prefer Mahrez.

Devil may care

The Brazilian Theo Walcott, if we could take him on loan to see if his brain can be fixed it might be worth a punt, he'd unlikely to be much more than a squad player after the summer though.

Probably the fact he'd be a 3rd of the price.

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
Wow moura? That is not what we need at all. He is mid table level. Goes on a fantastic dribble every now and then but offers little else. Rarely looks up.
Do not want.

Dr. StrangeHate

He has been a PSG regular for the past 3 years before this. Getting benched by Neymar and Mbappe is natural. But all the rumors are from terrible sources.
In saying that I don't know if he can help in breaking down defenses. He can however stretch them fairly well.

dove

Looks like we got a lot of people watching PSG :D Have any of you that doesn't want him here actually seen him play in PSG ? Just out of curiosity ;)

Litch

Not for me, but wouldn't have been able to watch him that much anyway with only 2 starts in the last 2 months.....

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Would have said the same about him, as I did Salah. No.
But then again, I said "No." to any notion of Salah becoming a succes.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
He’s not a considerable enough of an upgrade. Will only lead to more meh/average players settling in at United and furthering the mediocrity.

Go big or go home. None of this cheaping out crap anymore especially when average players will still come at a relatively expensive price for us anyways since we’re United and that’s just how the transfer market works. It’d be stupid to settle for someone like Moura when an extra £10M-£15M would get as a much better player than him.

Caspern0904

If cheap yes. Could be a bargain! Seems to me that Rashford needs someone to push him. Rashford is not worth much at the moment, and in my eyes, way to overrated!

mad1max954

Is he attainable for a reasonable fee? Look like it.
Is he better than what we have? YES.

No-brainer.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Because we are Man United and we always do this.

Edit: He is another brainless attacker, will fit in well with our current crop.

diplomat

Please no, just sign Mahrez as soon as possible, get a proper CM since Herrera is clearly leaving at the end of his contract and continue adjusting the team to a 4-3-3 formation.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Is he attainable for a reasonable fee? Look like it.
Is he better than what we have? YES.

No-brainer.
No exactly. He ticks a box by default. We don't have players for the right wing. We have Mata shoehorned in there, or Lingard (at this point, Mkhi is hardly an option for any role). He might improve us purely from that POV, providing balance. The question is whether he's good enough looking at the next few years. At 25 he's hardly a stop-gap. Maybe it is a question of a very limited budget. So limited that we would sign him on a cut-price deal instead of going for someone proven and available in Mahrez (or a younger player in Malcom).

We've signed too many players who may have improved us short-term (if that) while not being anywhere near good enough to build a team with going forward. We can't be picking up more squad players on high wages. That being said, he might do what @ThomasEmil said and do a Salah..

Home&Away

If cheap yes. Could be a bargain! Seems to me that Rashford needs someone to push him. Rashford is not worth much at the moment, and in my eyes, way to overrated!
How is lucas a RW going to push Rashford who broke on to the scene and had his best performances as a striker?

Home&Away

The Brazilian Theo Walcott, if we could take him on loan to see if his brain can be fixed it might be worth a punt, he'd unlikely to be much more than a squad player after the summer though.

Probably the fact he'd be a 3rd of the price.
That's amazing & accurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.