Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodzy

Mourinho did name drop him (along with a few other PSG players that aren't Neymar and Mbappe) the other day and say that they would be the best players at other clubs.

Scholsey2004

I'd definitely have him here, good player with great pace. I'd love us to get mahrez though. :drool:

Andersons Dietician

What’s the price being quoted? If it was around 20mil that would probably be a good deal. I’d imagine he’d want to move to get football and fight for a WC place which at PSG I doubt he’ll get the chance.

I watched him a lot in Brazil and he was clearly talented, had lots of ability but often seemed to overrun stuff and be a bit ball greedy, sounds familiar to someone. Only seen him occasionally for PSG and he still looks like he has pace, ability and an eye for a goal. He’d provide us with much needed penetration on the right.

I get he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea and many would prefer a big name but can totally see why he’d be an option especially if the price is right.

Actually reminds me of a more talented Lingard.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
It would be a smart acquisition: excellent price-quality ratio in the current crazy market. A deal around 25 millions of euros should be possible and we are talking about an offensive player.

At least, he's a proven winger with a god pace and decent stats: he scored 20 goals last season all competitions.

Potential for improvement if he plays under the right coach.

Even if his football IQ isn't his best asset, he will clearly strengthen your squad: more choices for the coach, more competition. within the squad...

He's a fresh quality player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It would be a smart acquisition: excellent price-quality ratio in the current crazy market. A deal around 25 millions of euros should be possible and we are talking about an offensive player.

At least, he's a proven winger with a god pace and decent stats: he scored 20 goals last season all competitions.

Potential for improvement if he plays under the right coach.

Even if his football IQ isn't his best asset, he will clearly strengthen your squad: more choices for the coach, more competition. within the squad...

He's a fresh quality player.
How's his crossing? Also does he like to stay out wide or cut inside?

Mylock

He's not a proven winger, all he has proved is that he's a headless chicken. We have wasted enough money on players not up to the required standard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil may care

Mostly on the outside as he's right footed and plays on the right, he does come inside but not as square on as inverted wingers do.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
After watching some vids of him (full games) not too impressed. He's a solid squad option for any side but nothing more than that. Tactically he'd be a good option, someone who can stretch play down that right.. but unless he's coming for peanuts, Mahrez is far superior.

Canagel

I wouldn't be surprised if we are in for him. Jose name checked him and a few others who aren't getting game time at PSG due to the arrival of Neymar and Mbappe. Draxler and Di Maria are the others. Lucas isn't bad but if we're going to buy from PSG I'd rather take Draxler.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
How's his crossing?
As you can see, he has a relatively straight-forward approach

Also does he like to stay out wide or cut inside?
Difficult to say. Meunier is very offensive and Lucas Moura had to directly support Cavani.

In any case, his best role is on the wing.

PSG last season

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
After watching some vids of him (full games) not too impressed. He's a solid squad option for any side but nothing more than that. Tactically he'd be a good option, someone who can stretch play down that right.. but unless he's coming for peanuts, Mahrez is far superior.
United needs an additional offensive player, which will boost the team by introducing fresh blood and more competition.

Last season, Di Maria woke up in January 17 after Draxler joined PSG

Lucas is more explosive/forward while Mahrez is more playmaker. In any scenario, everything depends on the price: if Lucas is worth 20 millions, then it's a smart deal in the current market IMO

By the way, what is the market value of Mahrez?

Utd7

Call me crazy but on current form, would much rather see Lingard play than Lucas.

Plus he rejected us in 2011 when SAF came calling. Let him "suffer."

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Would do a similar job to that of Willian I think from what I have seen of him.

laughtersassassin

Call me crazy but on current form, would much rather see Lingard play than Lucas.

Plus he rejected us in 2011 when SAF came calling. Let him "suffer."
Lingard still sucks on the wing. He is a number 10 without a doubt. If you play him on the wing he still spends 99% of the game roaming the middle, if we bought lucas it would make sense as we currently have no player who can operate down the right-hand side even in the slightest. Not saying Lucas is the right man or is good enough but in theory, it makes perfect sense.

Also Custis has been reliable for us.

bebeanderson

He actually regressed rather than improved. I remember when he was fresh off the "boat" from Brazil he had an immense performance against Valencia away, giving Guardado all sorts of trouble.

He's one of those 'nice guys' that try to follow the script too much when getting to Europe, meaning if he's told to take less players 1 on 1 and pass more, he'll actually overdo it. You could see him getting into his head too much, they tried him in the opposite wing which was awful as well.

Mourinho speaks his language and likes him. If he tells him to focus on being a winger in the mold of Bale and just take on people without caring, and if he gets confidence back, he can actually become a useful player. It all depends on the price. He's rapid.

Reactions: Raoul

Utd7

Lingard still sucks on the wing. He is a number 10 without a doubt. If you play him on the wing he still spends 99% of the game roaming the middle, if we bought lucas it would make sense as we currently have no player who can operate down the right-hand side even in the slightest. Not saying Lucas is the right man or is good enough but in theory, it makes perfect sense.

Also Custis has been reliable for us.
True but my opinion on Lucas is formed on me being a proponent of utilizing a fluid 4-3-3 setup which wouldn't require the use of a no 10, so lingard would play on the right anyway and drift in centrally as he currently does.

But ultimately what matters is what Jose wants and 4-2-3-1 is our destiny.

laughtersassassin

True but my opinion on Lucas is formed on me being a proponent of utilizing a fluid 4-3-3 setup which wouldn't require the use of a no 10, so lingard would play on the right anyway and drift in centrally as he currently does.

But ultimately what matters is what Jose wants and 4-2-3-1 is our destiny.

Personally dont want to play 4231 myself but either way we should be signing an actual right winger purely for the sake of having a different option for different games. Currently, we avoid using the right wing in games like the plague and it hurts my soul. It allows teams to overlode the left side and often stifles us i feel.

bucky

I think he's a good player, but there are definitely other players around we should be looking at.

Devil may care

I just read the price, £40M for a guy that can't get a game? Half that would be closer to reality.

gavdim2002

Hazard had his best ever season under Mourinho.
Agree, Hazard - when he is at his best - would play for anyone, even for José. But it is also the case that when Hazard's formed derailed a bit he was not playing. Even on his best day Mahrez does not work "José-hard" for his team and when his form is not 100% it tends to be like 25% - so not a José player for me at all.

jdotman

He actually regressed rather than improved. I remember when he was fresh off the "boat" from Brazil he had an immense performance against Valencia away, giving Guardado all sorts of trouble.

He's one of those 'nice guys' that try to follow the script too much when getting to Europe, meaning if he's told to take less players 1 on 1 and pass more, he'll actually overdo it. You could see him getting into his head too much, they tried him in the opposite wing which was awful as well.

Mourinho speaks his language and likes him. If he tells him to focus on being a winger in the mold of Bale and just take on people without caring, and if he gets confidence back, he can actually become a useful player. It all depends on the price. He's rapid.
This is probably the most accurate description anyone here has said about him. I really don't understand when people on here still call him a 'headless chicken', it makes me think they haven't really seen him play since his Sao Paulo days. Sometimes I watch him play and want him to be more direct because he gets into a good position and looks to pass when he should try and beat his man because thats what he is best at doing. PSG have probably trained some of his best qualities out of him, his game has changed a lot since hes come to PSG. Having said that, he hasn't necessarily been playing bad, last season was one of his best with 19 goals and 11 assists, and hes always played an important role in the squad every season up until this one. If he came to Europe and was still playing exactly the same as he did in Brazil (which it seems most people on here think is the case) then this would be a red flag and I definitely wouldn't consider buying him. But having followed his career since joining PSG I can see that hes not as brainless as everyone makes him out to be and could be very applicable under the hands of Mourinho, so I think this could actually be a really good deal, especially if its a loan because that means if it doesn't work out then Mahrez is still a great option in the summer. Of course Mahrez is the best option but people shouldn't be looking at the option of Lucas as negatively as they are.

Reactions: Raoul

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I just read the price, £40M for a guy that can't get a game? Half that would be closer to reality.
It'd probably a heavily structured fee though. Say 20M up front and then add ons according to various metrics of success. I'm always ok with those types of fee structures.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Salah had the actual numbers to back up a certain expectation last year, Moura simply does not.
Ehh, but did you watch any of his Roma performances? His speed was his only, and I emphasize this, only ability in their aquad

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
United needs an additional offensive player, which will boost the team by introducing fresh blood and more competition.

Last season, Di Maria woke up in January 17 after Draxler joined PSG

Lucas is more explosive/forward while Mahrez is more playmaker. In any scenario, everything depends on the price: if Lucas is worth 20 millions, then it's a smart deal in the current market IMO

By the way, what is the market value of Mahrez?
40m pounds

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'd take him on loan for the rest of the season to see how it goes. He could easily converted into a conventional winger, he doesn't fit into PSG's team anymore because they want to play with a front three like Barcelona. He could still do a job for us and we could do with some depth on the left.
You mean right, right?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He is very talented in terms of close control, dribbling, pace. But he's lazy, or lets say, apathetic, comfortable with a situation where he will never play.
He probably could move to another big team last season but i think he just want to be there in Paris..
I dont believe he is a player with ambition to improve.
So many assumptions made in that post! Lazy? Apathetic? How do you know he’s not busting his balls every day in training? How do you know that he hasn’t asked for a move? So what if he likes living in Paris?

NJM78

Would take him 100% if fee is right or loan with option to buy etc. Would prefer Mahrez though.

We are terrible on the right and if this is a deal that can be done this month I dont see why people would turn their nose up at it. He is clearly better than any right sided wide player we have. Probably bullshit rumours anyway but many are so quick to dismiss players as not being good enough for our mighty squad full to the brim with outstanding talent.

Drainy

Matic was an average Chelsea reject who wasn't going to get a game when we signed him.

Turned out to be one of our important players this season.

Moura has a lot of the attributes we are missing on the right so may be a good fit.

MadMike

40m for Lucas Moura who can’t get a fecking game for them and only has 18 months left on his contract??? Get to feck.

He wants to get games before the summer to make the Brazil squad. Offer PSG a 6-month loan with an option to buy. Total cost should not be more than 25m. You almost know that if we don’t get him he’ll end up on Italy for probably even less than that. If he does not settle or perform well dump him in the summer and go for Mahrez.

Although personally I’d much rather take Mahrez now. Proven to be one of the best, if not the best RW in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.