Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
40m for Lucas Moura who can’t get a fecking game for them and only has 18 months left on his contract??? Get to feck.

He wants to get games before the summer to make the Brazil squad. Offer PSG a 6-month loan with an option to buy. Total cost should not be more than 25m. You almost know that if we don’t get him he’ll end up on Italy for probably even less than that. If he does not settle or perform well dump him in the summer and go for Mahrez.

Although personally I’d much rather take Mahrez now. Proven to be one of the best, if not the best RW in this league.
Salah is the best RW this season

MadMike

Would do a similar job to that of Willian I think from what I have seen of him.
He is not a good crosser of the ball. Which is something that Willian is great at. Nor is he as tactically aware as Willian. They are very different players.

He is quite lethal around the box though and a very good dribbler, so he got that going for him which is nice.

Devil may care

Ehh, but did you watch any of his Roma performances? His speed was his only, and I emphasize this, only ability in their aquad
I'd say his goal scoring was pretty much key as well, he scored 34 goals over his two seasons at Roma.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Loan with option to buy would make a lot of sense.

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why do the cafe prefer Mahrez over Lucas? One is right footed while the other is left footed. I would prefer a winger who hugs the touchline and crosses with his stronger foot. Mahrez isn't that player.
Then don't go for Lucas, he never does that.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
He looks like a decent poacher, watched his 17 goals last season. Obviously he is out of regular team since the arrival of the annoying neymar.

Esquire

He is not a good crosser of the ball. Which is something that Willian is great at. Nor is he as tactically aware as Willian. They are very different players.

He is quite lethal around the box though and a very good dribbler, so he got that going for him which is nice.
Thought there were prettty strong rumours that Mou was trying to get Willian in the summer as well? Chelski is not that stupid...

He would actually be a pretty good fit on the RW.

MiceOnMeth

why not him on loan AND Mahrez?.. Not like we are overly stocked on direct pacy wingers.

kr0nix

Why do the cafe prefer Mahrez over Lucas? One is right footed while the other is left footed. I would prefer a winger who hugs the touchline and crosses with his stronger foot. Mahrez isn't that player.
You are better off having the full backs supplying the crosses, as is the case for almost every successful team in the last 5 years or so.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
40m for Lucas Moura who can’t get a fecking game for them and only has 18 months left on his contract??? Get to feck.

He wants to get games before the summer to make the Brazil squad. Offer PSG a 6-month loan with an option to buy. Total cost should not be more than 25m. You almost know that if we don’t get him he’ll end up on Italy for probably even less than that. If he does not settle or perform well dump him in the summer and go for Mahrez.

Although personally I’d much rather take Mahrez now. Proven to be one of the best, if not the best RW in this league.
I understand the amount of 40m you read was rather the market value of Mahrez.

Lucas Moura costs 25m IMO: he was acquired for 40m 5 years ago

If he "fails" at United, it would be always possible to sell him for 15m (worst-case scenario): not really a big financial risk.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He looks like a decent poacher, watched his 17 goals last season. Obviously he is out of regular team since the arrival of the annoying neymar.
It's M'bappé who took his seat.

Neymar has urged the coach to deploy Draxler as a central attacking midfielder.

MadMike

I understand the amount of 40m you read was rather the market value of Mahrez.

Lucas Moura costs 25m IMO: he was acquired for 40m 5 years ago

If he "fails" at United, it would be always possible to sell him for 15m (worst-case scenario): not really a big financial risk.
The Sun article in the previous page mentions a 40m price for Moura.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The Sun article in the previous page mentions a 40m price for Moura.
Good to know.

It's his acquisition price in January 2013. Lucas Moura and Neymar were the emerging Brazilian stars in these days.

PSG absolutely needs and wants to sell him asap. They need money and his market value will decrease if he stays.

A fair price would be something like a set amount of 20 millions + a potential add-on of X millions (subject to the performances of a player).

The issue is we don't know if Lucas Moura wants to move now and if Mourinho really wants him. PSG is seller for sure.

MadMike

Good to know.

It's his acquisition price in January 2013. Lucas Moura and Neymar were the emerging Brazilian stars in these days.

PSG absolutely needs and wants to sell him asap. They need money and his market value will decrease if he stays.

A fair price would be something like a set amount of 20 millions + a potential add-on of X millions (subject to the performances of a player).

The issue is we don't know if Lucas Moura wants to move now and if Mourinho really wants him. PSG is seller for sure.
He has played 79 mins since the start of the season in all comps. A Brazilian on a World Cup Cup year with a chance of making the squad will not be happy with that, not one little bit. He’s 99% certain to be game for a move, especially at another illustrious club where he could probably cop a small salary increase or sign on fee on top.

PSG need to sell and he’ll sure want to move for play time. Anything above £20m + clauses and we’re getting ripped off. I reckon we can get him on loan with an option to buy which sounds more tempting to me than buying him upfront. Less of a risk.

Enigma_87

You know who
He has played 79 mins since the start of the season in all comps. A Brazilian on a World Cup Cup year with a chance of making the squad will not be happy with that, not one little bit. He’s 99% certain to be game for a move, especially at another illustrious club where he could probably cop a small salary increase or sign on fee on top.

PSG need to sell and he’ll sure want to move for play time. Anything above £20m + clauses and we’re getting ripped off. I reckon we can get him on loan with an option to buy which sounds more tempting to me than buying him upfront. Less of a risk.
Either way he'd be a coup. Exactly what we're lacking - a pacy, dribbling winger on the right who can beat his man with ease..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A loan must be out of the question. What would be the point for PSG. They need to get rid of a few players and recoup as much as they can. It would be utter madness to pay 40m for him as they are having to sell and he's not wanted, it seems. Still think there are better alternatives, albeit more expensive.

Enigma_87

You know who
A loan must be out of the question. What would be the point for PSG. They need to get rid of a few players and recoup as much as they can. It would be utter madness to pay 40m for him as they are having to sell and he's not wanted, it seems. Still think there are better alternatives, albeit more expensive.
Like?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
No thank you. He already rejected us a couple years ago when we wanted to buy him but he chose PSG instead. If we were going to get a winger I would much rather see Mahrez come...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The usual suspect: Mahrez. Unless I am completely mistaken and Moura is some sort of a team grafter who tracks back well and is relentless for 90 minutes. With Mahrez you've got set piece delivery covered and a player who is experienced in the Prem. Might cost twice the price of Moura, but IMV worth it. The only question mark over Mahrez is whether he fits into a Jose type side, but I'm inclined to think the same with Moura.

Another option is Malcom, at 20 and producing pretty good football. More mouldable than either of the other two given his age.

edit: I know he might not be everyone's cup of tea and maybe he'd fail again, but Zaha has been pretty tasty all season and he'd come relatively cheap given we've got a high sell-on fee. He can frustrate, but he's also a difference maker.

Bojan11

No thank you. He already rejected us a couple years ago when we wanted to buy him but he chose PSG instead. If we were going to get a winger I would much rather see Mahrez come...
Why do people keep saying this?

How did he reject us? We didn’t even agree a fee with his club. Fergie then called the eventual fee he went for as crazy. It’s not like we matched the fee he went for with PSG.

Also Hazard didn’t sign for us. Would you say no to him?

MadMike

Either way he'd be a coup. Exactly what we're lacking - a pacy, dribbling winger on the right who can beat his man with ease..
That is what we’re lacking from our current players but not the entire skill set required. Intelligence, possession, link up play... these without question. But also Mourinho likes a workman like winger that will track fullbacks and one that can also put in a decent cross.

I’m not convinced Moura has the complete set of skills, or that he would be better for us than a Willian or Mahrez with their different strengths. But I’d be willing to take a punt on him if the move was either a loan or very cheap.

The £40-45m mentioned is way too high imo given then situation. Don’t see any other clubs busting a gut to sign him either. Hos price shouldn’t be much different from what we get for Mkhi.

Bojan11

who do you expect him to start over, Neymar or Mbappe?
The reality is all our attackers wouldn’t get a game for them too. Rashford wouldn’t even make their bench, when they have Draxler and Di Maria too.

Enigma_87

You know who
Mahrez and Malcom to name 2 that we've been linked with to varying degrees recently.
The usual suspect: Mahrez. Unless I am completely mistaken and Moura is some sort of a team grafter who tracks back well and is relentless for 90 minutes. With Mahrez you've got set piece delivery covered and a player who is experienced in the Prem. Might cost twice the price of Moura, but IMV worth it. The only question mark over Mahrez is whether he fits into a Jose type side, but I'm inclined to think the same with Moura.

Another option is Malcom, at 20 and producing pretty good football. More mouldable than either of the other two given his age.

edit: I know he might not be everyone's cup of tea and maybe he'd fail again, but Zaha has been pretty tasty all season and he'd come relatively cheap given we've got a high sell-on fee. He can frustrate, but he's also a difference maker.
Malcom is a bit too inexperienced and we have young players like Rashford and Martial already, combined with Lukaku who also needs some time to bed in I guess. I'd prefer someone who can kick it off right away. Malcom would still probably struggle with the league and would need time to adjust.

Mahrez could be a hit or a miss in some games. Has the needed quality, but I'm not convinced his top level is above what Moura can achieve given the right guidance.

Zaha is in a good form recently but seems a bit of a squad player to me if we go for him.

Enigma_87

You know who
That is what we’re lacking from our current players but not the entire skill set required. Intelligence, possession, link up play... these without question. But also Mourinho likes a workman like winger that will track fullbacks and one that can also put in a decent cross.

I’m not convinced Moura has the complete set of skills, or that he would be better for us than a Willian or Mahrez with their different strengths. But I’d be willing to take a punt on him if the move was either a loan or very cheap.

The £40-45m mentioned is way too high imo given then situation. Don’t see any other clubs busting a gut to sign him either. Hos price shouldn’t be much different from what we get for Mkhi.
His link up play isn't bad tbh. He can play one twos and his through balls are generally very good. Not that good of a crosser I agree but as others mentioned in the thread we have fullbacks to do that.

He isn't Neymar or Mbappe, granted, but on a cheaper price and with that set of skills he already has could improve us massively.

He also has a pretty good injury record (given when he was actually first teamer) and a point to prove.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Malcom is a bit too inexperienced and we have young players like Rashford and Martial already, combined with Lukaku who also needs some time to bed in I guess. I'd prefer someone who can kick it off right away. Malcom would still probably struggle with the league and would need time to adjust.

Mahrez could be a hit or a miss in some games. Has the needed quality, but I'm not convinced his top level is above what Moura can achieve given the right guidance.

Zaha is in a good form recently but seems a bit of a squad player to me if we go for him.
I don't see why Mahrez would be hit and miss while Moura would only need guidance. Mahrez would get the platform he's been hoping for. His crosses would be a dream for some of our attackers and he'd immediately give us balance and stretch play (superb on counter attack too).

With Zaha, I'd worry about whether he'd make the step up mentally, given the expectation a lot of players can't handle at United. But he's got bags of talent.

You could be right with Malcom, but if we're looking for a solid experienced winger, then of course Moura is not Perisic or Willian. I wouldn't balk at such a transfer, but I'd be slightly underwhelmed.

RooneyLegend

From the next Jairzinho to a bench warner whom no one wants to buy or even bid for. Sad what can happen in 4 years.

Zoo

My issue with Mahrez is that he is flaky. After Mkhitaryan I don’t want us to go through a similar situation again and we know that Mourinho has little tolerance too.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
When I first saw Lucas playing I thought he was a potential top talent. Having then watched him further (pre-PSG) I was less sure. His technique was a bit erratic and he never looked fully in control of what he was doing. He once tried to knock the ball past a defender on the half way line and his touch was so heavy it ended up back at the opposition goalkeeper.

I don't think he'll ever be top class but in the right system he could be effective. He'd be good at Liverpool, for example. We'd need to change our game a lot to suit him, but a loan deal may be sensible to allow us to see if we can fit him in. I think Malcolm looks a better fit for the inevitable task of breaking down a 10 man defence.

MadMike

My issue with Mahrez is that he is flaky. After Mkhitaryan I don’t want us to go through a similar situation again and we know that Mourinho has little tolerance too.
You could apply that random flaky argument to a whole host of players. AdM proved flaky and he had bags of talent and ability. More than Moura, whom he’s keeping off the match day squad at PSG.

At least Mahrez has 4 years of EPL under his belt, having won POTY once and having another great season atm with a mediocre team around him. Only bad season being a year when the whole Leicester team folded. Chelsea folded under Mourinho too yet we don’t seem to want to apply the same vague critique of flakiness to Matic or Hazard who had terrible seasons in the one that got Mou sacked. Not to mention that his managers always declared themselves pleased with him and picked despite of what the fans perceived.

So I’m not sure how he carries more of a risk of flakiness than Moura or Malcom. How these guys are seen as more mentally strong or consistent than Mahrez?

Status
Not open for further replies.