g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No thanks. Missed his chance to kick on and develop with a proper club, the ship has sailed now. He'd be just another 'good' player for us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Despite the overwhelming negativity, he has actually been quite good for PSG when I’ve seen him, and actually puts up decent numbers too.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
He’s not a considerable enough of an upgrade. Will only lead to more meh/average players settling in at United and furthering the mediocrity.

Go big or go home. None of this cheaping out crap anymore especially when average players will still come at a relatively expensive price for us anyways since we’re United and that’s just how the transfer market works. It’d be stupid to settle for someone like Moura when an extra £10M-£15M would get as a much better player than him.
This sums it up for me. We've had too many average players coming here on sizeable transfer fees and huge wages. If we are going for him, I really hope it's just a loan to see what he can do in the PL.

Let's get down to brass tacks... what's his rating on Fifa these days?
:D

crossy1686

career ending
I'd take him on loan for the rest of the season to see how it goes. He could easily converted into a conventional winger, he doesn't fit into PSG's team anymore because they want to play with a front three like Barcelona. He could still do a job for us and we could do with some depth on the left.

James Peril

Would have said the same about him, as I did Salah. No.
But then again, I said "No." to any notion of Salah becoming a succes.
Salah had the actual numbers to back up a certain expectation last year, Moura simply does not.

United Pro

Salah had the actual numbers to back up a certain expectation last year, Moura simply does not.
Moura and Salah scored the same number of goals last season though. Saying that, I'd suspect it's a lot easier to score in Ligue 1 for PSG than in Seria A for Roma.

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
Moura was a great promise when psg bought him. He never did anything to warrant the hype. He should not be part of uniteds future imo.

Roeindo

If we cant get mahrez, lucas will be a good option for the RW position.

But it will be like Mkhi vs Mane when both option available for us and we took the wrong choice.

We seem dont have good judgement when it comes on deciding who to go/buy for. We went on to buy Mkhi when mane was available or went to buy darmian when we could buy clyne or bertrand

I prefer we take our chance on players from PL all the time.

mad1max954

No exactly. He ticks a box by default. We don't have players for the right wing. We have Mata shoehorned in there, or Lingard (at this point, Mkhi is hardly an option for any role). He might improve us purely from that POV, providing balance. The question is whether he's good enough looking at the next few years. At 25 he's hardly a stop-gap. Maybe it is a question of a very limited budget. So limited that we would sign him on a cut-price deal instead of going for someone proven and available in Mahrez (or a younger player in Malcom).

We've signed too many players who may have improved us short-term (if that) while not being anywhere near good enough to build a team with going forward. We can't be picking up more squad players on high wages. That being said, he might do what @ThomasEmil said and do a Salah..
I said in the Summer that I thought we should sign Mahrez - for similar reasons. It does seem odd that no top clubs seem to be interested in him? He was clearly available in the summer for like 40m which in this market does seem like value!

25 for me is the ideal age. Lucas has not played this year because of NCM, but if you look at years previous, his stats are always good (granted in a poor league); he was extremely well sough after at one point in his career and now going into his prime you could expect big things.. I certainly wouldn't call him a stop gap or the default choice. If you look at all the quality RW in world football, the list surprising small I think.

Mahrez, I'd agree is probably more of a guarantee as he knows the league but it depends on how much Leicester would want now I guess - or if indeed we are interested.

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
Lucas moura is good a player and I remember we were very much after him. But considering our current requirements, I would love us to buy riyad mahrez. He is at the right age, got premier league experience, good with set pieces and had got good cross in him too.

ravi2

If we can't acquire Mahrez maybe Lucas is the best we can do in January as a RW, if so then go for it

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Better question is, why no club is in for Mahrez?
Why is no club in for Kane?

Or de Bruyne? Or Harry Maguire?

You see my point.

Mahrez would be, at the least, very useful in this current United side, I have no doubt about that.

He'd get OT on it's feet, he can get in behind and is productive. He's PL proven, I think he'd be great.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Worth a loan with option to buy. He should have joined us from Sao Paulo really.

SaboTaj

A lot of over the top negativity towards Moura here. He’s been pretty good for PSG until this season and i don’t see why he wouldn’t be a great fit as a fast, reliable and deadly outlet on the right wing to stretch defences.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Lol it thought he was like 33 yo.

Considering hes 25 and pretty decent and fast at the wing, he could be worth a try at our club. Only if we cant get Marhez who is the caf's first choice

SwSw

Why do the cafe prefer Mahrez over Lucas? One is right footed while the other is left footed. I would prefer a winger who hugs the touchline and crosses with his stronger foot. Mahrez isn't that player.

dove

Why is no club in for Kane?

Or de Bruyne? Or Harry Maguire?

You see my point.
Not really, I don't actually :lol: Kane is much more expensive and difficult to get and de Bruyne is virtually impossible to get. If Mahrez was as good as most of people here think, I am sure it's not that difficult to get him for £50 odd million from Leicester. My point is, no club seems interested in him (at least we don't hear anything from the media) which is strange, maybe he has some personality issues or whatever.

Macern

Pee pee pants
When/why will José trust to play a player like Mahrez?
Because he'd add much needed penetration to the team from the right hand side. Perfect player to have against opponents who park the bus, which is the scenario we have the most trouble dealing with imo.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Based on us all wanting someone else who is clearly better I'd rate this as 80% likely to happen.

Charles Miller

He is very talented in terms of close control, dribbling, pace. But he's lazy, or lets say, apathetic, comfortable with a situation where he will never play.
He probably could move to another big team last season but i think he just want to be there in Paris..
I dont believe he is a player with ambition to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.