Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well yeah, that's obvious but haven't seen us remotely being linked with him so far.

I don't see why Mahrez would be hit and miss while Moura would only need guidance. Mahrez would get the platform he's been hoping for. His crosses would be a dream for some of our attackers and he'd immediately give us balance and stretch play (superb on counter attack too).

With Zaha, I'd worry about whether he'd make the step up mentally, given the expectation a lot of players can't handle at United. But he's got bags of talent.

You could be right with Malcom, but if we're looking for a solid experienced winger, then of course Moura is not Perisic or Willian. I wouldn't balk at such a transfer, but I'd be slightly underwhelmed.
In his last full season - last year at PSG he was quite effective from what I've seen. Mahrez wasn't up to his level last year and this season he is finding his form, but still I find him a bit erratic in some games. Sure it could happen with Moura too, but IMO Jose could utilize his potential and could reach a higher ceiling than Mahrez.

Of course personal opinion etc.

I'm still not that convinced of Malcom, but if he starts to pick up a gear I'd imagine his price will reach astronomical level(like Mbappe) so having mind that could be worth a punt.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
End of contract in 2019 so he won't be expensive IMO

MadMike

His link up play isn't bad tbh. He can play one twos and his through balls are generally very good. Not that good of a crosser I agree but as others mentioned in the thread we have fullbacks to do that.

He isn't Neymar or Mbappe, granted, but on a cheaper price and with that set of skills he already has could improve us massively.

He also has a pretty good injury record (given when he was actually first teamer) and a point to prove.
I’m not sure how we have fullbacks who can cross, especially on the right. Unless we call Valencia’s shin-breakers crosses now. Getting a winger who can cross was probably large part of the reason Mou was looking at Perisic too.

Moura has good link up play and a good dribbler/runner with the ball. He is a good player no doubt. But whenever I see him he seems too similar to Lingard/Mkhi to me. That is a player who would be more confortable centrally than on the right because he can neither cross too well nor can he cut inside and shoot from the right. And his dribbling skills, finishing or ability to find space would better serve him in the middle.

We’re he to arrive, I reckon we’d end up having same discussions as we did about Mkhi.

freeurmind

weak willed
I would rather have Mahrez. Lucas has often flattered to deceive, got all the talent in the world but often forgets football is a team game and isn't good enough individually for that forgetfulness to be forgiven.

Enigma_87

You know who
I’m not sure how we have fullbacks who can cross, especially on the right. Unless we call Valencia’s shin-breakers crosses now. Getting a winger who can cross was probably large part of the reason Mou was looking at Perisic too.

Moura has good link up play and a good dribbler/runner with the ball. He is a good player no doubt. But whenever I see him he seems too similar to Lingard/Mkhi to me. That is a player who would be more confortable centrally than on the right because he can neither cross too well nor can he cut inside and shoot from the right. And his dribbling skills, finishing or ability to find space would better serve him in the middle.

We’re he to arrive, I reckon we’d end up having same discussions as we did about Mkhi.
Yeah that's the one. :D

Nah quite different from Mkhi and Lingard for me. He certainly cuts in as he's pretty dangerous in front of the goal so that's positive, rather than negative.

I'd rather have new pair of full backs that can cross tho than buy a winger that is the whole package. Mainly because the latter are pretty hard to come across and would cost an absolute fortune.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
My issue with Mahrez is that he is flaky. After Mkhitaryan I don’t want us to go through a similar situation again and we know that Mourinho has little tolerance too.
Mahrez is proven in the EPL. And if he can be that good when other teams know that he's the one that they have to watch for, then how good can he be if he's surrounded by great players

Andersons Dietician

I find it a little weird if he is moving this January why there isn’t any noise about us being in for Alexis Sanchez. I’d imagine he’d be around 25-30 mil, and he’d fit on that right hand side perfectly, heck he used to be lethal there with his partnership he had with Di Natalie(or whatever his name was).

Ok Jesus being injured opens up a spot but I just can’t see where he fits in with Cities team unless it’s to replace Aguero or Sterling. Sterling has been on fire so why would you drop him. Tactically there is an excuse for him over Aguero but again, why?

We should be all over him, send Woody with the Disney Land speech.

desirere

Walcott or Townsend would be a better question.
I find you are quite underestimating Moura. Even if he is more of their ilk he is more efficient and direct, which makes him better.
There have been quite a few players through history who were very good at certain skills which the majority of pro players are/have to be good at but they were more efficient and consistent with it (e.g crossing, shooting, cutting inside) therefore making them elite/wc players. Ilk isn't even important as is the question of necessity in team balance.

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
His link up play isn't bad tbh. He can play one twos and his through balls are generally very good. Not that good of a crosser I agree but as others mentioned in the thread we have fullbacks to do that.

He isn't Neymar or Mbappe, granted, but on a cheaper price and with that set of skills he already has could improve us massively.

He also has a pretty good injury record (given when he was actually first teamer) and a point to prove.
I agree with every point.
And I always thought he could do great in PL considering his skills, IMO 25 or 30 millions for him is a potential huge steal.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Moura in a way is a bit of a poor's men Willian, he works a lot and has a good technique but unlike Willian he is a headless chicken, he will do almost everything right at the exception of that last simple thing.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Not PL proven. Do not want.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but this is my feeling on Moura.

I think the ADM and Depay transfers left me very wary of 'talented mavericks' from softer leagues who struggle with end product and aren't PL proven, Moura being the very definition of this.

We know, Mahrez can cut it the PL, same with Ozil.

Maybe Moura will be a great addition, but my instinct says look elsewhere. We've seen a lot of these type of transfers in recent years and I'd rather go for the sturdy, reliable PL proven option of players in their prime.

This just doesn't excite me.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I find it a little weird if he is moving this January why there isn’t any noise about us being in for Alexis Sanchez. I’d imagine he’d be around 25-30 mil, and he’d fit on that right hand side perfectly, heck he used to be lethal there with his partnership he had with Di Natalie(or whatever his name was).

Ok Jesus being injured opens up a spot but I just can’t see where he fits in with Cities team unless it’s to replace Aguero or Sterling. Sterling has been on fire so why would you drop him. Tactically there is an excuse for him over Aguero but again, why?

We should be all over him, send Woody with the Disney Land speech.
If it were plausible, Jose would probably be all over it. His mind is probably already at City.

Rob67

I think Moura would turn out to be like Memphis Depay for us. Would prefer someone with proven PL experience.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why is Zaha getting put above this guy? Zaha has been absolute garbage this year against decent full backs, he has found his level and should stick there.

Trizy

He was as good as Neymar with the same potential when he SAF wouldn't pay the agent fee. If anything he's gotten worse at PSG.

He made a terrible decision going to PSG.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Moura in a way is a bit of a poor's men Willian, he works a lot and has a good technique but unlike Willian he is a headless chicken, he will do almost everything right at the exception of that last simple thing.
@kouroux will be proud of your post :D

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why is Zaha getting put above this guy? Zaha has been absolute garbage this year against decent full backs, he has found his level and should stick there.
What? He's been Palace's best player every single time I've watched them, which is plenty. I'd be skeptical myself in re-signing him, with regards to his mentality at a top club, but he's a super talent. He could go to one of the other top clubs and really take to it. If Palace stay up, it will mainly be because of Zaha.

AndyJ1985

After all the rubbish that was said about Matic before we signed him, and now reading much of the same whinging rubbish about Moura, I think it's best to ignore peoples opinions regarding any player we're linked with.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
After all the rubbish that was said about Matic before we signed him, and now reading much of the same whinging rubbish about Moura, I think it's best to ignore peoples opinions regarding any player we're linked with.
Yeah why bother having a forum at all? Lets shut it down.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
No offense but that's what the transfer forum is - 'people's opinions on players we're linked with'.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What? He's been Palace's best player every single time I've watched them, which is plenty. I'd be skeptical myself in re-signing him, with regards to his mentality at a top club, but he's a super talent. He could go to one of the other top clubs and really take to it. If Palace stay up, it will mainly be because of Zaha.
I mean he's palace's best player, that's all you need to know really. I think he has pace to burn and the odd trick, but he was in Walkers back pocket all game against City and he regularly makes poor decisions that you just can't do at the top level.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was as good as Neymar with the same potential when he SAF wouldn't pay the agent fee. If anything he's gotten worse at PSG.

He's just a Denilson-like player. It's more likely PSG made a terrible decision going for him. I don't think he would have improved much anywhere else, and I wouldn't want to spend more than the bare minimum for a player of his quality.

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Fortunatly some other players like Depay make the right decision and choose Utd, then they improve a lot.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I mean he's palace's best player, that's all you need to know really. I think he has pace to burn and the odd trick, but he was in Walkers back pocket all game against City and he regularly makes poor decisions that you just can't do at the top level.
Aye, I'm not saying he's a world beater, but in fairness to Zaha, Walker is the best right back in the league (IMV at least). Any club outside the top 6 would love to have Zaha, and maybe even some in the top 6 fancy a punt.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Please lets not get carried away. He was a good prospect but no where close to the likes of Neymar.

Kostov

Why do people speak about Lucas Moura like he is Andros Townsend or something? He would be a very good addition to a team that doesn't have a single RW in its squad.

Devil may care

Please lets not get carried away. He was a good prospect but no where close to the likes of Neymar.
I actually recall our very own Brwned thought Lucas could end up the better player when they were both in Brazil.

stepic

Still can’t believe people throw out the ‘proven in the PL’ line. Like De Bruyne, Agüero, Silva, Jesus etc were proven. You potentially lose a lot just sticking to PL proven players.

Moura is suddenly being underrated on this forum. I’d definitkey take him. Mahrez underperformed for a whole season last year, he has a few decent games this year and suddenly he’s the most wanted again? I would ultimately be happy with either but think Moura could really do well in the PL.

ROFLUTION

He had the same talent and was touted to be The next big thing just like Neymar. I remember watching Lucas Moura and being blown away thinking he would be the next big brazilian superstar

el3mel

Is there any recent video for him ? Haven't followed him for years now so know nothing about his recent form.

Devil may care

Is there any recent video for him ? Haven't followed him for years now so know nothing about his recent form.
I'm pretty sure someone posted a seasons highlights video for last season in here, he's barely played this season so there's not much to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.