Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
As usual, people just talking out their arse, probably saw one person say he can't cross so now they are running with that idea. I've seen him whip in wonderful crosses to the likes of ibra and cavani, plus yes when he was playing he was often on corners and freekicks. People have no idea what they're talking about.
Did notice that when people think a player is not good enough, they have a tendency to go overboard with critics. Do not comment much here because I've not seen enough games to give a proper judgment and will not base my opinion on youtube clips. But, from a few games that I have, it's quite clear he is a decent crosser and much better than anyone we currently have on our right side in that aspect.

The Bloody-Nine

If we sign Lucas Moura and leave Liverpool to go unchallenged for Christian Pulisic in the summer, which Honigstein himself has suggested will happen then we are confirming how willing we are to not compete and will basically signal what everyone already knows, that we more interested in signing average or job done players rather than actual quality.
Yeah, we need to stop signing shit players like Pogba and Lukaku for record fees.

This f*cking place, I swear...

TehRed

Lucas offers probably what we need from a winger in this squad right now - width, speed, dribbling, delivery. He'll hug the touchline all day and look to beat his man and get the ball into the box. Lukaku needs more service and Lucas is certainly capable. He might end up costing nearly half of what we could have paid for Perisic, and offers similar traits, whilst also being younger. Yes it might not be the kind of signing that sets our imaginations on fire, but it could be the kind we need at the moment.

Let's not forget, he was good enough for Fergie before he retired, he just didn't want to match what PSG paid for him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Any concrete news today?

Dyslexic Untied

I think he could be useful. We need someone who can run and cross, and it doesn’t have to be too fancy. Kust loking at how much Ashley Young brings to the side when playing at the back shows that we need that.

Greck

I’ve been watching some highlights and I notice he’s willing to drop back and help the defence, loads of clips with him making tackles and Jose would love that.

He isn’t my first choice but I can understand why Jose wants him.
Saw him make a few challenges in the video and Jose's interest all of a sudden made more sense

deafepl

I checked comparison between Martial 2017/18 and Moura 16/17 (didn't play much this season), they're both nearly equally on wings but considering that we played most of the time attacking come from left wide and scored 82% of total goals from left and central this season in all comp, that's not really good for the likes of United. Having Moura on right-wing meaning that we can play both flanks and can cause much chaotic on right as much as we do on left. We need to reduce our dependency on left as it becomes too predictable for the opponents.

Ban

If we sign Lucas Moura and leave Liverpool to go unchallenged for Christian Pulisic in the summer, which Honigstein himself has suggested will happen then we are confirming how willing we are to not compete and will basically signal what everyone already knows, that we more interested in signing average or job done players rather than actual quality.
Yeah, final nail in the coffin.

Toddler

I checked comparison between Martial 2017/18 and Moura 16/17 (didn't play much this season), they're both nearly equally on wings but considering that we played most of the time attacking come from left wide and scored 82% of total goals from left and central this season in all comp, that's not really good for the likes of United. Having Moura on right-wing meaning that we can play both flanks and can cause much chaotic on right as much as we do on left. We need to reduce our dependency on left as it becomes too predictable for the opponents.
This, exactly.

Moiraine

He can cross first time from right flank, and can avoid defender's shin pad :drool:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You do realise there was a stat the other day that he has the most unsuccessful dribbles in all of Europe. He's hardly tearing up trees.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Lucas offers probably what we need from a winger in this squad right now - width, speed, dribbling, delivery. He'll hug the touchline all day and look to beat his man and get the ball into the box. Lukaku needs more service and Lucas is certainly capable. He might end up costing nearly half of what we could have paid for Perisic, and offers similar traits, whilst also being younger. Yes it might not be the kind of signing that sets our imaginations on fire, but it could be the kind we need at the moment.

Let's not forget, he was good enough for Fergie before he retired, he just didn't want to match what PSG paid for him.
Tom fookon cleverly was also good enough for Fergie.
Let's not forget that either.

Don't want Maura. He's not my idea of a United player.

Nick7

Jesus christ why do you weirdos make up this shit just to trash the club.

reddevil702

Of all players Christian Pulisic? :lol:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Saw him make a few challenges in the video and Jose's interest all of a sudden made more sense
Chelsea under Mourinho played 4 times against PSG in Champions League.

RedorDead21

my mate willie wheelchair is better and he hasn't played since he fell off a garage roof and he dribbles better.

There is so much wrong with my post I'm going to lie down.

deafepl

To be honest, I don't think Pulisic want to go to Liverpool. I believe United will be in for him after next year summer with year contract left or get him on free by the time he's 21. Liverpool has Salah and Mane, where do Pulisic can replace? Amusing Ozil joining United this year on 3 years contract, Pulisic will replace him as soon as Ozil show any sign of decline.

Not to mention that Pulisic is United supporter.

extincti fugax hominum

Was about to say i was amazed by the amount of negativity towards the signing of Lucas but suddenly remembered the likes of Victor feckin Valdes and Pedro( remember the uproar when United missed out on him? :lol:) were rated as "world class" by some chief scouts at the Caf :lol: He is probably better than all of our attacking options behind the forward line (bar Martial maybe) but it seems our experts are out there again to turn their nose up. Just sign him and give him the number 7 shirt. It's worth just to watch the sheer meltdown in here that will follow.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
To be honest, I don't think Pulisic want to go to Liverpool. I believe United will be in for him after next year summer with year contract left or get him on free by the time he's 21. Liverpool has Salah and Mane, where do Pulisic can replace? Amusing Ozil joining United this year on 3 years contract, Pulisic will replace him as soon as Ozil show any sign of decline.

Not to mention that Pulisic is United supporter.
Not that I agree with him, but salah could be Madrid bound if he keeps up his form. And who he supports means nothing in football really.

deafepl

Not that I agree with him, but salah could be Madrid bound if he keeps up his form. And who he supports means nothing in football really.
As much as I want Salah to be at Madrid which means weakening Liverpool but it's not good for EPL, I think he has no interest in Real Madrid if he sees Liverpool show a sign of progressive and winning trophies.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
As much as I want Salah to be at Madrid which means weakening Liverpool but it's not good for EPL, I think he has no interest in Real Madrid if he sees Liverpool show a sign of progressive and winning trophies.
Bollocks to that, if Madrid come calling he's a goner. What makes Salah any different to countinho, Suarez, Torres, Sterling etc? They're a selling club.

deafepl

Bollocks to that, if Madrid come calling he's a goner. What makes Salah any different to countinho, Suarez, Torres, Sterling etc? They're a selling club.
With an expectation of Sterling because he's English and most English player only seems to be interested in playing for English teams. Coutinho and Suarez are South American who is very fond of Spain - weather, cultural and large south American community there. Torres has year left on contract and refuses to sign a new contract if I recall and so he was sold to Chelsea.

Can you give me a reason of why you think Salah will come to Real Madrid? Because I don't see what Real Madrid can offer Salah if Liverpool started winning trophies constantly.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
With an expectation of Sterling because he's English and most English player only seems to be interested in playing for English teams. Coutinho and Suarez are South American who is very fond of Spain - weather, cultural and large south American community there. Torres has year left on contract and refuses to sign a new contract if I recall and so he was sold to Chelsea.

Can you give me a reason of why you think Salah will come to Real Madrid? Because I don't see what Real Madrid can offer Salah if Liverpool started winning trophies constantly.
If you can't see what real Madrid can offer Salah that Liverpool can't, there's no point in getting into a discussion.

Those players left Liverpool for bigger and better clubs, was nothing to do with heritage, they went onto better. That's the point.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

You were making a valid case for Liverpool until this. They’re no where near winning anything major.

deafepl

If you can't see what real Madrid can offer Salah that Liverpool can't, there's no point in getting into a discussion.

Those players left Liverpool for bigger and better clubs, was nothing to do with heritage, they went onto better. That's the point.
I asked what Real Madrid can offer that may tempt Salah to join Real Madrid? He has 4 years left on contract and he's happy.

If Real Madrid comes in for him, do you think Salah will force a transfer request in this? He's not like Countiho but from the point of Coutinho's view, I understand. I think Salah's not like that, it's just that he seems to be fonded of Liverpool at the moment and enjoy there. If he has a year left or handing in a transfer request sooner if he don't see any progressive Liverpool made, there will be many clubs in after him and I'd love to get him at United but unfortaletly, Liverpool and United didn't do business together. Only I can see is City and Chelsea. I can imagine Chelsea could be the best option that he would love go back to London rather than Madrid because of location, multicultural, big city, London is pretty known for big Muslim/Arab community. Real Madrid still won't be one that will come in after him.

L1nk

Yeah, we need to stop signing shit players like Pogba and Lukaku for record fees.

This f*cking place, I swear...
You do realise there was a stat the other day that he has the most unsuccessful dribbles in all of Europe. He's hardly tearing up trees.
Jesus christ why do you weirdos make up this shit just to trash the club.
Looking at what i've wrote I can agree with you lot, i've been a bit... hyperbolic to say the least and I certainly didn't mean it in a way to trash the club, and perhaps Pulisic was a wrong example.

I guess it just stems from the frustration that I know we as a club can do better than Lucas Moura but we seem intent on going down this route anyway, hopefully the rumours of us just wanting a loan are true if this all comes to fruition.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It wouldn't surprise me if we have made some.sort of agreement with Lucas but he isn't our first choice. It seemed last summer that we spoke to a few different players before deciding which one we could sign. I've still got a feeling we'll be in for Malcom.

ti vu

To quote the Xavi interview, he's a player who needs space and time, a dribbler, who needs to play with a 90/180 degrees field of vision to be effective. Like Sane for City.

Lucas wouldn't be bad for United but he wouldn't be particularly good either, because he'd be asked to do too much, and he's one of those players who are better when they don't have to think too much
Thing is Xavi view is far from accurate (clearly narrow view on other style beside Barcelona philosophy).

To compare between Lucas Moura and Sane, I can describe Sane as more elegant dribbler which allows him to pass or shoot better, where as Moura's dribbling, the loose touch means he would find his body being in awkward situation which leads to poor shooting posture, passing angle, bad view of the pitch... Sane is much younger considering average footballers' professional career, so his decision making can be improved. Moura's style clearly dead on at this age, which means it's time to adapt his style to a system that work. Moura can beat several opposition and attack the space which is more suited for counter attack team. Sane can play similar but clearly he can play in possession based team and improve with time. In possession based system, the wide attackers' task ain't just supplying for the central forward but chipping goal. Moura as I just described, would find more trouble than Sane when in crowded position. He can drive challenge, but Moura 's not controlling where he is running well. He ends up in dead end because of that. On counter attack, after you beat the pressing, you have that space to readjust, which this would help Moura.

I agree. I said in another post, his supposed signing would be underwhelming in my view. He helps us fundamentally becoming more balanced since we lack a winger and a consistent ball carrier. However, his inconsistency mean that we can't expect a huge improvement with us already have few inconsistent performers starting. I said in Perisic thread back in the summer. I can see Moura has higher potential, but Perisic is better player at the moment and just what we need.

I've seen almost nothing of this player, so I appreciate insight from people like yourself who have seen more of him. One question though I have, you say he is better suited to a counter attacking side. If what I've read on him, he has done very well for PSG until this season, in fact I think I read last season was his best or certainly one of. Not watching any french football, I'd imagine most teams wouldn't go all out attack on PSG, wouldn't most just sit back and give possession to them. So wouldn't he be used to a team trying to break down stubborn teams that bunker. I appreicate the quality in a lot of those teams wouldn't be great but he'd surely have faced teams with 10 men behind the ball frequently, which is a problem we regularly have. Is that accurate or am I out to lunch on that.
I can't say I watch Ligue 1 that much only like (1/4 compare to like Serie A, or 1/3 compare La Liga), so take a pich of salt with what I said.

Firstly, about Moura end product. It has been improving before this season, but it's not really impressive. I explained back in Perisic thread: Last season supposed to be his most productive season, Moura seemed to score and assist mostly against lesser teams. And while Perisic has been a key player, Moura even before this season, is not mainstay and a support role. Of course goal and assist may not tell the whole story: workrate off ball, distracting defenders' attention away from your teammates...

Moura clearly has the potential to be a very good player. Thing is I can see his style is not blend well with what PSG wants to play. His supposed better games, seem to be coincide with when he has plenty space behind opposition defense line to attack. Vs compact team, he tends to run into dead end.

beingshe7don

Thing is Xavi view is far from accurate (clearly narrow view on other style beside Barcelona philosophy).

To compare between Lucas Moura and Sane, I can describe Sane as more elegant dribbler which allows him to pass or shoot better, where as Moura's dribbling, the loose touch means he would find his body being in awkward situation which leads to poor shooting posture, passing angle, bad view of the pitch... Sane is much younger considering average footballers' professional career, so his decision making can be improved. Moura's style clearly dead on at this age, which means it's time to adapt his style to a system that work. Moura can beat several opposition and attack the space which is more suited for counter attack team. Sane can play similar but clearly he can play in possession based team and improve with time. In possession based system, the wide attackers' task ain't just supplying for the central forward but chipping goal. Moura as I just described, would find more trouble than Sane when in crowded position. He can drive challenge, but Moura 's not controlling where he is running well. He ends up in dead end because of that. On counter attack, after you beat the pressing, you have that space to readjust, which this would help Moura.

I agree. I said in another post, his supposed signing would be underwhelming in my view. He helps us fundamentally becoming more balanced since we lack a winger and a consistent ball carrier. However, his inconsistency mean that we can't expect a huge improvement with us already have few inconsistent performers starting. I said in Perisic thread back in the summer. I can see Moura has higher potential, but Perisic is better player at the moment and just what we need.

I can't say I watch Ligue 1 that much only like (1/4 compare to like Serie A, or 1/3 compare La Liga), so take a pich of salt with what I said.

Firstly, about Moura end product. It has been improving before this season, but it's not really impressive. I explained back in Perisic thread: Last season supposed to be his most productive season, Moura seemed to score and assist mostly against lesser teams. And while Perisic has been a key player, Moura even before this season, is not mainstay and a support role. Of course goal and assist may not tell the whole story: workrate off ball, distracting defenders' attention away from your teammates...

Moura clearly has the potential to be a very good player. Thing is I can see his style is not blend well with what PSG wants to play. His supposed better games, seem to be coincide with when he has plenty space behind opposition defense line to attack. Vs compact team, he tends to run into dead end.
I do agree with you for the most part. I just want to add that his style of play would probably work well for us because he does most of his damage with his direct style of play and on the counter attack. For 20m, I think it's worth a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.