Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Would you guys prefer Moura or Bale ? Have in mind : price , age , PL Experience , Injury record .
I would prefer Moura. He addresses an area where we needed strengthening.

Bale is too injury prone and more than likely playing in the same position as Marital. He is hitting a decent patch of form with us so why stop that for Bale, he is not the marquee player he once was.

United Pro

Would you guys prefer Moura or Bale ? Have in mind : price , age , PL Experience , Injury record .
Bale is a far superior player, but he'd also cost a lot more, would demand considerably higher wages, is a lot more injury prone, is older and is also simply not available this month. If we were signing a player to be a first team regular, I'd take Bale as I'd prefer better quality regardless, but I don't think Moura would be signed to be the long term first team solution.

SteveW

How do you know?
I don't have a crystal ball. But having watched him over the years he's always seemed like a pretty stupid player. Plays with his head down, poor choice and execution of crosses and passes. Just a pace merchant and not that much else. Hopefully I'm wrong

GM K

he is probably the best option we have in this window to sort out our RW position. For the price it is pretty decent purchase i think, given his age if it doesn't work out we still will be able to get most of our money back as the talent he has is still pretty high. Lets not forget that a top 4 position is not a certainty this year, i would rather spend the money now and have a better shot of cementing our place in the top 4 than leave our RW short and not having enough firepower to get us over the line.
Solid points.

manunited1919

I hope we never bail out Madrid on the heir mistake. Let Bale earn £600k a week from the bench, that’s gotta hurt Madrid and keep them away from other players.

Another comparison is Moura or Mahrez. I still prefer Moura with all the CL experience he has.

SirAF

Ageist
Moura 10/10 times. Bale is in his late twenties, injury prone and will be pretty much useless once his pace is gone.

jdotman

Playing mostly on the left/centre. We'd need to see footage of him on the right, really.
Someone should post the video of him against Arsenal. Hes playing on the right wing and it's more recent as it was only last season. I believe that Chelsea match was a couple seasons ago.

el3mel

Someone should post the video of him against Arsenal. Hes playing on the right wing and it's more recent as it was only last season. I believe that Chelsea match was a couple seasons ago.

Nice goal, 2 nice crosses but overall nothing special tbh. Wasn't that the game Cavani had a shocker in it ?

Again, the main problem if he can operate against parked buses and tight spaces, because these kind of spaces in France or against top teams won't be available much against midtable clubs.

jdotman

Nice goal, 2 nice crosses but overall nothing special tbh. Wasn't that the game Cavani had a shocker in it ?

Again, the main problem if he can operate against parked buses and tight spaces, because these kind of spaces in France or against top teams won't be available much against midtable clubs.
Cavani plays like that nearly every game, but he also scores a goal or two every game so I guess that makes up for it:lol:

When you play for PSG you don't have many open spaces because pretty much every team parks the bus against them. The difference is PSG (up until this season) would never really play counter attacking football, but would have a very slow build up from the defence. Even though teams may park the bus against us we do get a lot of chances to hit teams on the counter, because thats just how the rapid style of the PL is, so he would have a lot more chances to use his pace against teams. But in the big matches against the likes of Man City, Arsenal and so on when we take on a defencive approach and always look to hit them on the counter attack, this is where I think he would thrive the most for us. Lucas was a big game player at PSG, in my opinion he always played well against the big teams in the Champions League or in the derby or against Monaco, I think he could be a big help for us in those caliber of games.

el3mel

Cavani plays like that nearly every game, but he also scores a goal or two every game so I guess that makes up for it:lol:

When you play for PSG you don't have many open spaces because pretty much every team parks the bus against them. The difference is PSG (up until this season) would never really play counter attacking football, but would have a very slow build up from the defence. Even though teams may park the bus against us we do get a lot of chances to hit teams on the counter, because thats just how the rapid style of the PL is, so he would have a lot more chances to use his pace against teams. But in the big matches against the likes of Man City, Arsenal and so on when we take on a defencive approach and always look to hit them on the counter attack, this is where I think he would thrive the most for us. Lucas was a big game player at PSG, in my opinion he always played well against the big teams in the Champions League or in the derby or against Monaco, I think he could be a big help for us in those caliber of games.
Well if that's true, it looks encouraging.

Moiraine

He used to be lightening quick ... where did the speed go ?

dpansheth

Feel he's a bit of option in place of mata. From whatever I have seen of him, he occupies same position on the field as Mata, takes almost the same route , little nudges etc from the Right. ( not similar to Mata if Mata is playing as a central Playmaker ). So I think Jose is right, having someone who plays similarly yet little differently in the current setup so the team doesnt need to change its plan that much.

Zoo

Not involved at all for PSG in their French League Cup match tonight.

ROFLUTION

Feel he's a bit of option in place of mata. From whatever I have seen of him, he occupies same position on the field as Mata, takes almost the same route , little nudges etc from the Right. ( not similar to Mata if Mata is playing as a central Playmaker ). So I think Jose is right, having someone who plays similarly yet little differently in the current setup so the team doesnt need to change its plan that much.
To be fair, that is a reasonable argument for buying him. Good post. I think Mourinho has been wanting a similar player for a long time (Wanted Willian too)

He'd be a good squad/potential-player and also one to make another right-wing talent compete/perform like Rashford vs Martial.

Nick7

I thought he plays in the cup games? Think Emery will say anything afterwards?
Didn't play in the Coupe de France against Rennes on Monday.

Did play against Strasbourg though in the last Coupe de la Ligue, my bad. They were their only two domestic cup games this season.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I thought he plays in the cup games? Think Emery will say anything afterwards?
The club doesn't want Lucas to be injured during a game in order to sell him. He won't play for Paris before February IMO

el3mel

Has to be the worst highlights video I've ever seen. Putting the cinematic aspect ratio bars in meaning half the time you can't actually see him.
Unfortunately that's the only video I found for him in this match.

starman

To write someone off who Fergie wanted given all the hate Lingard has got is very narrow minded.

We should sign calhanoglu aswell, purley for the amount of freekicks Moura gets..

deafepl

The club doesn't want Lucas to be injured during a game in order to sell him. He won't play for Paris before February IMO
You've used Lucas for nearly 5 years and decided to offload worn players to us cos he's so old and not sexy enough for you? I'd prefer a new, young, handsome and fresh player, there's a chance we can get Mbappe from you?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
You've used Lucas for nearly 5 years and decided to offload worn players to us cos he's so old and not sexy enough for you? I'd prefer a new, young, handsome and fresh player, there's a chance we can get Mbappe from you?
As you can see, I am the agent of Lucas Moura on RedCafe.

@Damien is the agent of M'bappé FYI

Castia

I’ve been watching some highlights and I notice he’s willing to drop back and help the defence, loads of clips with him making tackles and Jose would love that.

He isn’t my first choice but I can understand why Jose wants him.

BlahRules

I’ve been watching some highlights and I notice he’s willing to drop back and help the defence, loads of clips with him making tackles and Jose would love that.

He isn’t my first choice but I can understand why Jose wants him.
from the highlights you have watched, do you think he is a player who likes to attack the space?

What I like about him is he does not look to dwell on the ball, his always on the move with or without the ball and we need that. The next player who does this best in our team is our very own Messi Lingard.

minoo-utd

Is he our 3rd 4th choice or something? Surely there are better options. Can't see him as upgrade.

L1nk

If we sign Lucas Moura and leave Liverpool to go unchallenged for Christian Pulisic in the summer, which Honigstein himself has suggested will happen then we are confirming how willing we are to not compete and will basically signal what everyone already knows, that we more interested in signing average or job done players rather than actual quality.

crazylegz

tad disappointed that we are heavily linked with him but not mahrez

deafepl

I can't find correct comparison stats between Lucas, Mata and Mhki as right wing, I'd like to exclude AM where Mata and Mhki played in that position before.

Kostov

Castles and Sky confirming our interest, there must be something in this. Let's hope we can bring him, he could offer something different and useful to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.