Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jig1234

I'm looking forward to seeing how Moura does in the Premier League. After his failed move to Utd a few years ago, I'm curious. Is he the better than people think or is he actually 'the Brazilian Walcott'?

peridigm

I'm looking forward to seeing how Moura does in the Premier League. After his failed move to Utd a few years ago, I'm curious. Is he the better than people think or is he actually 'the Brazilian Walcott'?

Cuadrado comes to mind

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Good deal for everyone: PSG, Tottenham and the player.
I agree with this, he wasnt playing at PSG, he will get game time at a club that is fighting for CL spots and a chance to resurrect his career. Adds pace to a Spurs attack sorely lacking in this department and at 25mil isnt too much of a gamble given the current going rate. And PSG shift a player that is surplus to requirements as they try and balance the books for the FFP.

J_Red 11

Even if he ends up as a flop, I think 25m is still worth of gamble for Spurs, better gamble than Sissoko, Janssen & Nkoudou. On other news, I'm happy that we got Sanchez instead :p

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good signing for Spurs. 25 million is well worth the risk.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think he'll have much of an impact in the prem tbh. We'll see I guess. Decent player but too inconsistent and not even really a winger. More just a floater playing in attack with loads of pace.

Robin Your Persie

If Utd were seriously interested him how much would of PSG wanted? Surely more than £25m.

Last edited:
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

I dont know why people think saying he is like Walcott is an insult. Walcott is a very useful player and unlike Walcott this guy can seriously dribble.

Norris

A little disappointed, we didn't show interest. I think he would do well as a squad option. We haven't really replaced a couple of players who left like Memphis, Schneiderlin, Schweiny. You could argue that McTominay is a midfield replacement, but it would have been good to have someone like Moura as well. Though, I doubt he would want to be a bench warmer again.

Bwuk

I don't understand where he fits in.

He won't bench any of Eriksen, Alli, Son or Kane.

He's swapped PSG's bench for Spurs. Maybe I'll be proven wrong though.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Son left, Eriksen/Alli plays centrally and Lucas on the right. Alli/eriksen have been playing deeper at times also. He will get plenty of game time.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

In some games it could be:

-------------- Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
---------- Dier - Eriksen
Moura ------ Alli ------- Son
-------------- Kane

Or Alli could swap places with Eriksen in the above. Some people label Alli a "2nd striker", even tho' he isn't and has played in CM plenty of times in his career so far.

Bwuk

Son left, Eriksen/Alli plays centrally and Lucas on the right. Alli/eriksen have been playing deeper at times also. He will get plenty of game time.
In some games it could be:

-------------- Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
---------- Dier - Eriksen
Moura ------ Alli ------- Son
-------------- Kane
Your midfield would get over-run. Eriksen isn't a central midfielder, is also your most creative player and a very good goal threat and you want to move him further from the goal?

Alli is a second striker. Think your side would be far better with Moura on bench and Eriksen further forward, someone like Dembele/Winks deeper.

Just don't see Lucas being worth moving your the main creator in your side out of position.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Your midfield would get over-run. Eriksen isn't a central midfielder, is also your most creative player and a very good goal threat and you want to move him further from the goal?

Alli is a second striker. Think your side would be far better with Moura on bench and Eriksen further forward, someone like Dembele/Winks deeper.

Just don't see Lucas being worth moving your the main creator in your side out of position.
As I've said in my above post (your replied before the edited version appeared): Some people label Alli a "2nd striker", even tho' he isn't and has played in CM plenty of times in his career so far.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

No I said he has been there, Lucas will get plenty of game time on the right. Alli hasn't really had that advanced role this season as he is terribly out of form. We need more compition for places, in the 3 behind Kane, aside from Lamela there isn't really a viable option, even Dembele and Sissoko have had to play there.

Camilo

To be fair it's just competition for places, which is essential in any team. Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berbatov always come to mind when I think about our recent history.

Good signing for them if it happens - a talent who's absolutely worth a gamble, and I'm slightly disappointed we didn't take it ourselves - could go either way, but he's primed to really become a great player.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He took the train from Paris yesterday at 21:01 (Paris Time).

Expected medical visit today

# HighLevelJournalism

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
I googled his wife and found some cringy photoshoots of the couple.

I'm wondering if he will in fact push Alli to the bench and Pochettino will make him fight to get back into the team.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I googled his wife and found some cringy photoshoots of the couple.

I'm wondering if he will in fact push Alli to the bench and Pochettino will make him fight to get back into the team.
Its what he needs right now TBH, Son stepped up after a poor start with us, Alli needs a kick up the ass.

Mainoldo

Bring up Manchester United’s name and they wait for Spurs to enter with a bid like they’ve got one over their competitors. It’s worked twice for PSG this. They might be onto something.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Bring up Manchester United’s name and they wait for Spurs to enter with a bid like they’ve got one over their competitors. It’s worked twice for PSG this. They might be onto something.
lol do you actually believe football works like that? They have been trying to get Lucas off the books since summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.