Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stepic

I’d have taken him as another option off the bench. We don really have many impact players besides Rashford. I’d prefer him coming off the bench against tired legs than say Mata

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’d have taken him as another option off the bench. We don really have many impact players besides Rashford. I’d prefer him coming off the bench against tired legs than say Mata
We have Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Lingard, Rashford and Mata as 6 options for the front 3. Lucas wouldn't really change too much, it'd just limit gametime from others even though he isn't really much better. Mata offers something different which helps a lot compared to the others. Pretty glad we aren't getting him. Was ok with getting him before over nothing, but now that we got sanchez, definitely not.

Number1

Why would he leave PSG's bench just to sit on United's bench?

This deal was over soon as we signed Sanchez.

stepic

Why would he leave PSG's bench just to sit on United's bench?

This deal was over soon as we signed Sanchez.
He’s behind more players at PSG than he would be here. More chance of rotation with us too. I agree the deal was never going to happen after Alexis signed but I’d have still liked him over Mata

stepic

We have Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Lingard, Rashford and Mata as 6 options for the front 3. Lucas wouldn't really change too much, it'd just limit gametime from others even though he isn't really much better. Mata offers something different which helps a lot compared to the others. Pretty glad we aren't getting him. Was ok with getting him before over nothing, but now that we got sanchez, definitely not.
I mean impact off the bench. 4 of those 6 will usually start, leaving us Rashford and Mata off the bench. Mata offers something different yeah, as in barely any goals or assists which isn’t what you want from an impact sub.

Number1

He’s behind more players at PSG than he would be here. More chance of rotation with us too. I agree the deal was never going to happen after Alexis signed but I’d have still liked him over Mata
Same. More options the better, but doesn't make sense for him or United really now.

After Walcott leaving (along with Sanchez), don't know why Arsenal don't try get him on loan with option to buy.

Swift Football

Pace is what that Spurs team is lacking. Look at the attackers. Eriksen, Lamela, Alli, Kane, Sissoko, the only one with a bit of zip is Son. A tricky and pacey attacker is what they need, they have been linked with quite a few. Zaha, Malcolm, Moura.

Be interesting to see how he goes if Spurs sign him, and for a good price, 22mil seems like a steal in this market.
Spurs is indeed lacking in pace upfront, and Lucas Moura would provide that. How much did he cost them. i dont think it will be just 22M, since i can see other clubs might have been interested too. FOr Spurs, Lamela is back and is much better player than Moura imo.

Classical Mechanic

Spurs is indeed lacking in pace upfront, and Lucas Moura would provide that. How much did he cost them. i dont think it will be just 22M, since i can see other clubs might have been interested too. FOr Spurs, Lamela is back and is much better player than Moura imo.
Only Dortmund we’re competing I read. They were probably offering even less than Spurs. His wages will be quite high though.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Lamela is a bit of a sick note, i agree I think he has a better productive output than Moura when in form. Spurs probably worried about his injury record and the deal would give more options to Pochettino for rotation/off the bench.

Charles Miller

Lamela is not better than Lucas Moura, let alone much better. Lamela is an average player. Lucas Moura is an very good player who could not find a way to show his full potential until now. Lucas Moura was in the level of Neymar in their first year as professional. He made a very bad decision to sign with PSG. He is not evolving since that. But the potential is there. Lamela is West Ham level.

bebeanderson

Lamela had like 500 days without a game or something? These players rarely get back to peak form, you lose inclination angles of your joints, etc. In top form I think he's better than Moura.

Moura hasn't been injured but it seems like he built a huge mental brick wall to his game in the last 5 years or so. He went to another more posession based team which isn't great for him, but he will find more pockets of space to exploit in the Premier League.

engulfing

We arnt after him, psg need to sell and are trying to drum up interest. Can see him moving to spurs for 30 mil or so. Or to arsenal to replace Walcott. But he isn't that good, too inconsistent and too risky given it's hard to gauge how he will cope against physical defenders in the premier league.

Keyser

When Utd are linked - he's the Brazilian Walcott/Lennon

When Spurs are linked (after we got Sanchez) - shame we didn't get him

:wenger: this place :boring:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Well, i was all for us just doing something in the transfer window, but after Sanchez coming here, Moura looks like an Aldi buy in comparison.

sully1

Lamela had like 500 days without a game or something? These players rarely get back to peak form, you lose inclination angles of your joints, etc. In top form I think he's better than Moura.

Moura hasn't been injured but it seems like he built a huge mental brick wall to his game in the last 5 years or so. He went to another more posession based team which isn't great for him, but he will find more pockets of space to exploit in the Premier League.
apparently Lamela is severely depressed, his younger brother hit his head in a pool and is paralysed.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
As a PSG fan, I will start to follow a team like Tottenham with Aurier and potentially Lucas Moura.

The former right-wing of PSG last season.

Lucas Moura met with @InLevyITrust in London, the latter seems to be more excited by the prospect of acquiring him than Pochettino.

It seems the final battle would be between Tottenham and Dortmund (if they sell Aubamayang).

To have a duo Aurier-Lucas Moura on the right is interesting because they played together between 2014 and 2017

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
As a PSG fan, I will start to follow a team like Tottenham with Aurier and potentially Lucas Moura.

The former right-wing of PSG last season.

Lucas Moura met with @InLevyITrust in London, the latter seems to be more excited by the prospect of acquiring him than Pochettino.

It seems the final battle would be between Tottenham and Dortmund (if they sell Aubamayang).

To have a duo Aurier-Lucas Moura on the right is interesting because they played together between 2014 and 2017
Lol he didn't meet me as far as I remember :lol:.

Swift Football

Lamela is not better than Lucas Moura, let alone much better. Lamela is an average player. Lucas Moura is an very good player who could not find a way to show his full potential until now. Lucas Moura was in the level of Neymar in their first year as professional. He made a very bad decision to sign with PSG. He is not evolving since that. But the potential is there. Lamela is West Ham level.
Lucas Moura is one trick pony. Lamela had a fantastic season before coming to tottenham. He suffered injuries after injuries, never allowing him to get to his best. Moura is more like Walcott and Lennon than Neymar.

Acole9

Outstanding
Doesn't really seem like the type of signing Pochettino would make. Seems more like a signing Spurs would've made when Redknapp was in charge.

Rossa

lol it's a win, win and gives us genuine rapid pace. How fast is he still do you think it's hard to gauge without seeing him in England. Is he up there with Salah and Walker?
He’s one of the few who has beaten Jordi Alba in a foot race, with the ball, something a relatively prime Robben never managed.

I’d say he’s just as fast as Salah, maybe quicker off the mark, unless he has lost a yard. Doubt he has the top speed of Walker, Yedlin or Bellerin

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Few seems agreed €25M is an absolute bargain, even if I'm not 100% convinced in his ability.
Its a low risk transfer. If he comes good, then a bargain. If not, they can recoup a lot of money by shipping him off.

United Pro

He’s one of the few who has beaten Jordi Alba in a foot race, with the ball, something a relatively prime Robben never managed.

I’d say he’s just as fast as Salah, maybe quicker off the mark, unless he has lost a yard. Doubt he has the top speed of Walker, Yedlin or Bellerin
I think he's lost a few yards of pace from his early seasons at PSG, but he's still really quick.

Revan

Assumptionman
Few seems agreed €25M is an absolute bargain, even if I'm not 100% convinced in his ability.
More like a low-risk transfer. If he comes good then great, if not, then you don't lose much to affect your other signings.

If we didn't get Sanchez, I would have taken him for that price, despite that I don't rate him very high. At the worst case, a decent squad player, but he can be a good first team player too.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
It looks like a deal done :) I've read that Pochettino was impressed by his level in English :D

As said earlier, smart deal in a current crazy market. Aurier-Lucas played together for 3 years. Worst-case scenario: you sell him in 2020 for 15 millions.

Now, I will try to catch some of your games to see what he does there out of curiosity.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It looks like a deal done :) I've read that Pochettino was impressed by his level in English :D

As said earlier, smart deal in a current crazy market. Aurier-Lucas played together for 3 years. Worst-case scenario: you sell him in 2020 for 15 millions.

Now, I will try to catch some of your games to see what he does there out of curiosity.
I am guessing you aren't overly bothered by him leaving?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I am guessing you aren't overly bothered by him leaving?

Left-Winger: 1. Neymar 2. Draxler 3. Pastore 4. Lucas Moura
Right-Winger: 1. M'bappé 2. Di Maria 3. Pastore 4. Lucas Moura
Striker: 1. Cavani 2. M'bappé

Left Central Midfield: 1. Rabiot 2. Draxler/Lo Celso 3. Pastore/ Nkunku
Right Central Midfield: 1. Verratti 2. Di Maria/Lo Celso/Pastore
#6: 1. Motta 2. Diarra/Lo Celso

- Offensive Central Midfielders: Draxler, Pastore, Di Maria
- Conservative Central Midfielders: Verratti, Rabiot, Lo Celso, Nkunku
- Defensive midfielder role #6: Motta/Diarra/Lo Celso

----> Neymar-Cavani-M'bappé are easy starters in the offensive line
----> Draxler, Pastore and Di Maria are more versatile because they can also play in central midfield contrary to LM
----> Add the fact the clubs needs to sell players to have limited sanctions due to FFP considerations.
----> I don't like to see good players who never play.

All in all, I like the man and the player Lucas Moura but he can't compete with the other players: he has no longer a future here.

Lucas Moura can also on the left if required btw

Last edited:

engulfing

He is probably on very high wages. The low fee is to allow you guys to pay him what he wants. Side effects is if he turns out to be useless you'll have a hard time shifting him just like sissoko.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Because both are fast? Lucas is much more of a dribbler, whereas Walcott always fancied himself as a striker and likes to run in behind. In fact, Walcott is very ordinary running with the ball. I don’t agree with the comparison.
Both very fast, hugely hyped & broke into their national sides as teenagers then fizzled out to the point of not starting for their clubs. Obviously Lucas Moura has more time but I do see a similarity in their career paths.

beingshe7don

Both very fast, hugely hyped & broke into their national sides as teenagers then fizzled out to the point of not starting for their clubs. Obviously Lucas Moura has more time but I do see a similarity in their career paths.
But Lucas Moura has more natural talent and he hasn't exactly failed yet. His opportunities at PSG have been limited. He will get better at Spurs if th deal goes through. He's got pace and trickery which is what's needed in the PL for a winger.

Hammondo

Glad we didn't get him. Very limited player and we should be aiming for better.

Status
Not open for further replies.